HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?

Go down 
+28
The mastAH!
AWDCP
gowett
spawn
Outbreakgirl
Voltius
Godzilla90s
RaviorStygian
Spike991
McShowtime
White Rock
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfield84
Vandal
will1234562
Monster Mash
Nobudy
Sargent D
VoyageTreader08
SWITCHMYND
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
ThomVD
DXP
Valentine Fan
RebelliousQueen
REWorld
ChrisSherry
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which one?
Original
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap74%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 74% [ 25 ]
Newer
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:53 am

will1234562 wrote:
Both!To me the best combination is in RErevelations - survival horror with action elements.
The question was which one got you into the series, not which one is the best.

Otherwise, yes, that's how most of us here nowadays think of the series too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:24 am

I think I might have answered this before, but I've said this multiple times in real life, so I'm just going to have at it.

I greatly prefer the originals to the newer ones. The first one I played was RE Director's Cut (Dualshock Version. I see nothing wrong with the music), and I remember just being addicted to this thing once I started playing it. I was immediatly drawn in by the storyline, the characters, and the gameplay. For a long while after I started playing both the original RE games and the original Tomb Raider games, I found it awkward to play games using a joystick or analog stick, simply because I'd grown used to using the D-Pad.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 12:11 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Both!To me the best combination is in RErevelations - survival horror with action elements.
XD I know - I played both RE 5 and RE remake at the same time(it's kind of hard to get used to the fixed camera angles,right after you've played RE5 though)
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 3:48 pm

I hated Resident Evil. I couldn't stand it. I was scared to watch my brother and his friend play Resident Evil 2 & 3. The first game I played was Resident Evil 0, but I couldn't even get past the train because I was so scared and it seemed like I couldn't shoot properly. The controls were against me as the dogs busted through the windows the first time. Then Resident Evil 4 came out and I couldn't play that either, but it was a lot smoother than Resident Evil 0. The longest time, friends would play the game and I would just agree with them. It wasn't until maybe a year after its release and I saw both Dawn of the Dead's, did I finally play the game.

After I beat that, it seemed like the other Resident Evils were easier to handle. I felt like I overcame a challenge that I've been facing for so long.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

You probably won't believe this, but I had no idea of what Resident Evil was until early 2009. And I didn't play it until early 2010 ( my first game was 4). After playing it, I decided to play the older games first before playing 5 (Earlier this year), and I was thinking, "Why did they have to make the cameras like this?" I eventually got used to it and thought "It's just about the same as 4". So in general (like mostly everyone else said), the old and newer games hold a certain place for us.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Honestly if it wasn't for the newer games I wouldn't be here right now. It doesn't mean I don't like the classic games, or prefer one over the other. I think another game with fixed cameras can still work.

It brings the game to a slower pace, but at least it's not like the first chapter of Resident Evil 6 where, they force you to move at a slower pace. That's just retarded.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 1:40 am

Actually, I was originally into animes and stumbled upon Devil may cry 3. I got attached to the game so much and got high opinions about capcom that i wanted to try other capcom games and found resident evil 4 in a store. So curiously i bought the game and played it and enjoyed it. So if it were not for RE 4, I would not have known the series.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:05 am

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
XD I know - I played both RE 5 and RE remake at the same time(it's kind of hard to get used to the fixed camera angles,right after you've played RE5 though)
Really? Oh wow, I thought I was the only one weird enough to get into the series by both old and new.

Sorry for the confusion, though. This wouldn't have been the first time someone got confused by the idea of the topic Razz

Btw. Love your signature. I have that quote in my collected quotes.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 2:32 am

I'm surprised that I'm not the only one who got into Resident Evil because of 4. Apparently a lot of people here share a similar story with me. Good to know.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 11:13 am

Good thing the Purists aren't around to see our posts.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:28 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Really? Oh wow, I thought I was the only one weird enough to get into the series by both old and new.

Sorry for the confusion, though. This wouldn't have been the first time someone got confused by the idea of the topic Razz

Btw. Love your signature. I have that quote in my collected quotes.
No,I should have been more specific,my mistake.It's kind of weird,but I found out about both games at the same time,thanks to youtube.I was just too impatient to play them one by one XD
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Ironic purists who start with Resident Evil 5. Like Mister Albert Wesker.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 1:19 am

I chose the older generation. Simply because it was what got me started, it scared me more, and didn't seem quite so dragged out as it does now. I dunno maybe its' just me and I know things change down the road but RE6 isn't what was expecting yet it's not bad either.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:52 pm

RE for me really started when I was 14 back in 1999. My sister let me play RE2 and I was hooked for life after that. Being that I was a fan of horror movies beforehand, it made playing through the first four RE games a pleasurable experience.

The best time for horror games IMO was from 1996 to around 2003. After that, we had some good games that kept the spirit of things going, but once survival horror become just pure action horror, then dramatic horror, RE and Silent Hill went to pot, I think. That's not to say I dislike RE4, 5 and 6...

However, they obviously are not in the same league.
Back to top Go down
McShowtime
Cerberus
Cerberus
McShowtime

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:29 pm

I got into the whole shebang when watching my once-friend playing RE 4, but I started with RE 2. Hooked ever since. I'm looking for the REmake on gamecube cause I haven't tried the first one.... yet Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:35 pm

They all play the same, get over it.

Well. after some amendments to RE6's controls, it can play just like an RE game. I think RE6's RE controls are my favourite, the camera, aiming, etc., it plays just right.

Unfortunately the RE controls are not Default, and so it has to be changed, but as long as they are there in future RE games, even if not default, I'll be sound as a pound. Smile
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:24 am

I guess I pick newer, mainly because they're a lot easier to jump into.

I like them equally for the most part though. I actually like REmake more than 5 and 6. Of course, I like 4 more than all of them.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:52 am

Mercy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ironic purists who start with Resident Evil 5. Like Mister Albert Wesker.
Strange. And he calls himsepf a purist.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:17 am

RaviorStygian wrote:

I like them equally for the most part though. I actually like REmake more than 5 and 6. Of course, I like 4 more than all of them.

Yeah they all play fine. It was cool how RE6 implimented each, like we've mentioned on here. That's pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:31 am

RaviorStygian wrote:

So... you got to the series only after playing the newer games?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

So... you got to the series only after playing the newer games?

Vintage Mass, putting words in another users mouth.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 11:44 am

I'm just seeing so many people being confused what the actual idea of this thread is that I have to ask.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm just seeing so many people being confused what the actual idea of this thread is that I have to ask.

Either way, peeps appreciate the old and new controls just the same.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 4:54 pm

I... wasn't talking about the controls at any point.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Maybe the topic name needs to be changed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next