HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?

Go down 
+28
The mastAH!
AWDCP
gowett
spawn
Outbreakgirl
Voltius
Godzilla90s
RaviorStygian
Spike991
McShowtime
White Rock
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfield84
Vandal
will1234562
Monster Mash
Nobudy
Sargent D
VoyageTreader08
SWITCHMYND
Mass Distraction
weskersbarber
ThomVD
DXP
Valentine Fan
RebelliousQueen
REWorld
ChrisSherry
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which one?
Original
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  Vote_lcap74%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  Vote_rcap
 74% [ 25 ]
Newer
Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  Vote_lcap26%Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  Vote_rcap
 26% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 34

AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  Empty
PostSubject: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Just curious to know, Which generation got you started with the series Resident Evil? the originals or the newer ones?
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:20 pm

The first game I played was Resident Evil 2, that's the game that got me into the whole series.

I do prefer the older games, and play them more. Saying that I have nothing against the newer games and I enjoyed playing them all.

Just want to know what classes as old and new?

Old - RE1, RE2, RE3

New - RECV, RE4, RE5
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:29 pm

The newer ones are cool but nothing beats the real thing. I'll go for original Resident Evil games, all the way....
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:36 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:

Old - RE1, RE2, RE3

New - RECV, RE4, RE5

Yeah, that's what I consider the classics. Smile
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:46 pm

I have to say that RECV belongs to the classics. Cause the newer version of that is Darkside Chronicles and RECV HD.

Last edited by Miss Claire Redfield on Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, considering that DC was the first RE game I ever played, I guess I'm gonna go with the classics Razz
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 1:08 pm

Originals all the way mainly because now we are at a place where we can make our own mods which means classic RE will never as of now die, Although I do like 4 and revelations 5....pffft its not worthy of its number 6 should be 5....

And since RE1 was the first game I encountered its become one of my most played survival horror series.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:43 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
The first game I played was Resident Evil 2, that's the game that got me into the whole series.

I do prefer the older games, and play them more. Saying that I have nothing against the newer games and I enjoyed playing them all.

Old - RE1, RE2, RE3

New - RECV, RE4, RE5

CV is old RE too since it's basically the old RE formula.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 2:55 pm

I wasn't setting them in stone, just asking what exactly we're classing as old and new.

I went with the theory of 'old' games being on Playstation 1, with the 'new' games being on Playstation 2 and upwards.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm

Wouldn't Survivor count as a classic since it was released on the PS1?
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:34 pm

I was just trying to pluck the main games from the series. I know Survivor and a few others I've missed out are canon but I was trying to keep it as simple as possible Smile

Plus I doubt if Survivor was the first Resident Evil game you played that you'd be coming back for more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Lol, as I said before DC was my first RE game. And I don't know why alot of people complain about the music being changed on the Dual Shock version. I actually like that better than the original music

I am looking to pick up Survivor though, so I can continue after I finish RE3
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Which RE games have you played so far? Survivor isn't too bad, it's been a while since I've played it though!
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:40 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
Which RE games have you played so far? Survivor isn't too bad, it's been a while since I've played it though!

In order----- DC, Code Veronica, REmake, 0, 2, 4, Umbrella Chronicles, RE1 (Original Longbox Version), Outbreak File #1, Darkside Chronicles ( Evil or Very Mad ), 3
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Cool, I'm looking to do them all in order from Zero-6 (when it comes out). Did you complete 0?
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:49 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
Cool, I'm looking to do them all in order from Zero-6 (when it comes out). Did you complete 0?

Not yet. Close to it though
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 3:57 pm

How long is the game, time-wise? I want to play it and get the whole story but not a huge fan of Gamecube, if it's too long I might not bother.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
How long is the game, time-wise? I want to play it and get the whole story but not a huge fan of Gamecube, if it's too long I might not bother.

I would say around the same length as REmake, so fairly long
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 4:13 pm

The originals. Ive passed every one of them for my build up to RE6 to get me in the mood.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 2:48 am

What if it's "both"?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:13 am

How do you mean?

I think it has to be one or the other, what was the first game you played?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:17 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:

If you have trouble with DSC, get ready to break your gamecube with this game. It's quite hard.
Back to top Go down
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:25 am

ThomVD wrote:
TUNSTALL37 wrote:

If you have trouble with DSC, get ready to break your gamecube with this game. It's quite hard.

Very Happy

I prefer it when I have control of the character - In Darkside Chronicles I've got Birkin swiping at me and Leon standing there taking it like a man!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 am

TUNSTALL37 wrote:
How do you mean?

I think it has to be one or the other, what was the first game you played?

The question is: "which generation got you started on the series?"

My answer is: the combination of both.

See, the story goes like this, and excuse me for the long piece of text that ensues:

My first touch with the series EVER was an article on the original game in a gaming magazine. That got me excited as it was just the kind of game I always wanted to see/play. It also sparked my fandom. But you see, I was a wimpy kid and couldn't play any horror games, at all. Time went by and eventually I found out one of my friends had pirated versions of 2 and 3 before they even got released here. He was an ace at them so I ended up watching him beat 2 and 3 multiple times during our summer vacations from elementary school. Back then I had no understanding of English so I based everything I knew on the guy's translations and developed a certain attachment for RE3, even though he played RE2 more. Ever since then RE3 has been my favorite and Carlos my fave character. The very first RE game I ever had for myself was Survivor that a kid at school gave me because he didn't like it. Yet again, I couldn't play it as it was horror and also a pirated version (I was propably the only kid whose PS was not modded). I got a chance to play it at another friend's house but we got scared early on in the game and never played it again (also the guy who had played 2 and 3 with me wasn't interested in playing it further than halfway through). After all this, I had an undying (pun not intended) interest in the series. The release of RE games other than the GC ones flew past me (I wasn't following gaming news that well back then) up until RE4. When the game was released on PS2 I decided to buy it, remembering my love for the series. While playing it I relived all the good times of the past and eventually beat it, having it be the first ever RE game I had fully beaten by myself. Then I realized I still had the disc for Survivor and so became my quest to acquire all the games in the series. So in the end, it was the combination of old and new generation that got me fully started on the series. The End.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
REWorld
Zombie
Zombie
REWorld

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:49 am

Ah, I see.

My sister had played RE:2 at a friends house and when we finally got a PS1 she decided to buy it for us. It would have been around 1999, it was one of the first games we got for the PS1 so I would have been 7 or 8. My Mum was the one who really grasped it, my sister although she enjoyed watching seemed incapable of playing Very Happy I really got into the story, the characters, I just loved everything about the game. I used to play, not very well and hand the controller to my Mum for the hard bits - My Mum still plays Resident Evil to this day. From Resident Evil 2 we bought Resident Evil 1 and beat it and from there we've just tried to keep up. So it was definitely the original games for me.

I see how yours is a combination of both but if you HAD to pick one, I think you'd pick old generation because without that the interest wouldn't have been there for you to go out and buy RE:4.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?    Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Which one got you started: Original RE games or Newer RE games?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next