HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)

Go down 
+6
Vandal
Mass Distraction
Spike991
WyrmKing
00biohazard
Sargent D
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:20 pm

From what I heard a while back, ORC can be canon If you let the main characters live....well I'm calling bullshit on that. So many things are wrong with the story and events in the game that overall, I dont consider it canon at all. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm

Sargent D wrote:
From what I heard a while back, ORC can be canon If you let the main characters live....well I'm calling bullshit on that. So many things are wrong with the story and events in the game that overall, I dont consider it canon at all. What do you guys think?

Where did you hear a while back?source?and what things are wrong with the story? name them so we can get the ball rolling!
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:13 pm

I can't remember the source, I heard it from a whole bunch a sites, and from people on here I beileve lol. And parts like the hospital mission, Nicholi pretty much destorys the hospital before Carlos could ever make it there (referring to the part in RE3). Also, they remade the whole Birkin being killed scene and he didn't kill the USS squad in the sewers like what happened in RE2.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:17 pm

Sargent D wrote:
I can't remember the source, I heard it from a whole bunch a sites, and from people on here I beileve lol. And parts like the hospital mission, Nicholi pretty much destorys the hospital before Carlos could ever make it there (referring to the part in RE3). Also, they remade the whole Birkin being killed scene and he didn't kill the USS squad in the sewers like what happened in RE2.

Maybe some parts were retconned?like the birkin killing uss in the sewers? i dunno about the hospital thing, but it is fun to know that there were alot of things happening during Raccoon city, and not just Leon, Claire and Jills story lol
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 pm

Whenever they were asked if the game is canon they always answered it with a "You can create whaf-if scenarios" in reference to be able to kill Leon and Claire.

But there's really nothing in the game that contradicts the canon games though. Birkin attacking the Alpha Team in the labs isn't really a retcon. There's still plenty of Alpha Team members for him to kill. Goblin 6's group was waiting for HUNK and the Delta Team (Wolfpack) in the upper levels, they're most likely the group that was able to rendezvous with HUNK and made it to the sewers.

Nicholai destroying the hospital, he destroyed a small section. Not the whole thing. Once you make it outside, you can see that a huge chunk of the hospital is still standing.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:44 pm

WyrmKing wrote:
Nicholai destroying the hospital, he destroyed a small section. Not the whole thing. Once you make it outside, you can see that a huge chunk of the hospital is still standing.
Oh, from what I seen while the place was on fire it would seem logical that the fire would spread throught the buliding, but then again there is little logic in the RE series. lol
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Sargent D wrote:
WyrmKing wrote:
Oh, from what I seen while the place was on fire it would seem logical that the fire would spread throught the buliding, but then again there is little logic in the RE series. lol

Don't forget that the Fire Department is still functional around this time since it was around the beginning of the Outbreak as seen in the Hellfire Scenario's ending in Resident Evil: Outbreak.

Plus the building is made of concrete so the fire would die down eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:28 pm

WyrmKing wrote:
Don't forget that the Fire Department is still functional around this time since it was around the beginning of the Outbreak as seen in the Hellfire Scenario's ending in Resident Evil: Outbreak.
Oh that's right, I forgot about that. Surprised
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 3:50 am

I think it's canon to an extent. Much like how the Outbreaks are looked upon.

Operation TALOS, Operation Javier, and Operation Raccoon City, interesting..
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 4:52 am

The game was mentioned as canon by Capcom and Slant Six during some interviews.

Like everyone here is saying, I too take the game as partly canon. If something contradicts the original sotry, that's not canon, but all else I take as such.

This is more a spinoff than anything but I really like when they expand the story of the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 12:14 am

They really seemed to distance themselves from the main characters for the most of the game, and that disappointed me big time. The first person you see in the first trailer is Leon, and the trailers that followed made it look like we would be hunting Leon and other RPD Officers. So, like what Spike said, this is just an extent; they tried their hardest not to tamper with the characters in case they migh piss fans off. In fact we only saw Leon and Ada for about 3% of the entire game, Claire and Sherry for less than 1% of the game.

But of course, they ended up pissing fans off about the gameplay rather than the story since this game is definitely not story driven.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 am

Mercy wrote:
But of course, they ended up pissing fans off about the gameplay rather than the story since this game is definitely not story driven.

They sure did...

@Mass, if I were making a vid for RE, going over the entire series, which I do plan on doing still...but when this all goes down, there will be a lot of stuff used from ORC for the Raccoon City section of this whole thing.

I love getting more stuff to work with, like as far as the selection of visuals and scenes. RE2, RE3, both Outbreaks and both Chronicles games, in addition to things like little flashbacks from Degeneration would've been more than enough to work with, but ORC adds some extra awesome stuff.

BTW is there a cutscene browser in ORC?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:00 am

Spike991 wrote:

Why would it be one ? to make this game's better? No, when they were making this game they made sure to make it as annoying as hell, even with the cutscenes.
IMO the cutscenes are the best of this game
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:00 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

They sure did...

@Mass, if I were making a vid for RE, going over the entire series, which I do plan on doing still...but when this all goes down, there will be a lot of stuff used from ORC for the Raccoon City section of this whole thing.

I love getting more stuff to work with, like as far as the selection of visuals and scenes. RE2, RE3, both Outbreaks and both Chronicles games, in addition to things like little flashbacks from Degeneration would've been more than enough to work with, but ORC adds some extra awesome stuff.

There's no browser that I know of.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:04 am

Fuck....

As horrible as the gameplay is, and as stupid as the controls are, it being in Raccoon and having zombies and friggin crimson heads almost makes up for it. But having the cutscene browser, which has pretty much been a garuanteed thing since RE4, DSC, RE5, the Outbreaks, is all of a sudden absent here? WTF.

That really could've been ORC's saving grace for me.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 am

Mine too, I was so sure that it would unlock after finishing the game...........but as a spoiler I tell you: NOT A SINGLE FUCK IS UNLOCKED AFTER BEATING THE GAME
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:14 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mine too, I was so sure that it would unlock after finishing the game...........but as a spoiler I tell you: NOT A SINGLE FUCK IS UNLOCKED AFTER BEATING THE GAME
Well... Cept an achievement.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 2:43 am

touché
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 5:24 am

Still, you're right. If it unlocked something like a new gun or better freakin costumes than just going the Super Smash Brothers route and just changing the colors and calling it a new costume.. Then it would have made playing at least slightly more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:26 am

Mercy wrote:
If it unlocked something like a new gun or better freakin costumes than just going the Super Smash Brothers route and just changing the colors and calling it a new costume..
The other "costumes" are so goddamn lame. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 11:59 am

It would have been nice if there was a costumes where we see the faces of the team.

And also costumes that reflect the culture/heritage of each team member. Like Lupo in a French Maid outfit, Vector in a Ninja costume and Four Eyes in a kimono.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:29 pm

WyrmKing wrote:
And also costumes that reflect the culture/heritage of each team member. Like Lupo in a French Maid outfit, Vector in a Ninja costume and Four Eyes in a kimono.
That would be awesome!!! If only you helped delevope the game. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:36 pm

That would be ingenious actually. Again. Lazy way out.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 4:39 pm

Mercy wrote:
That would be ingenious actually. Again. Lazy way out.
Well it wouldn't be as bad as the "alternate" costumes we have right now.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:08 pm

You unlock the chance to play again as well
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)   Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS) Empty

Back to top Go down

Is ORC Considered Canon At All? (MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next