Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?

Go down 
+5
NiteKrawler
The Knife
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
Monster Mash
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? Empty
PostSubject: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 7:09 pm

I hope it is, but it never really shows up in the story. I'm thinking it was a weapon built by Los Illuminados to take out traitors, but then fell into the hands of the merchant, who then sold it to Leon. If Leon then brought it back to the US, it might have been deemed by the US government to be too unstable, and that's why Chris never used it.

Ok, I'm just now reading RE wiki that says that it's non-canon, but I do think that it could be put into the storyline as a secret weapon that was developed under Saddler and fell into the wrong hands. It may be why he never ordered anyone to go after the merchant.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:07 pm

No, it isn't. It's just an unlockable bonus weapon added to the PS2 version of RE4. Saddler didn't have the resources to develop something so advanced.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:59 am

Why would we ever think if a weapon in a game is canon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
*Cough*

Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? BioGun
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 8:55 am

I find it hard to believe that Saddler developed a Memegun. It fires lasers.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:42 am

GL, sorry but I didn't get that. Could you clarify on that? I don't know anything about guns aside from the fact that I have army training. To be more specific, I know nothing about gun models and even less on the models used in RE games.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:52 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
GL, sorry but I didn't get that. Could you clarify on that? I don't know anything about guns aside from the fact that I have army training. To be more specific, I know nothing about gun models and even less on the models used in RE games.
Is that some kind of oxymoron? You have military training, yet you don't know anything about guns? The military teaches you to recognize, operate, and maintain dozens of weapon systems, from sidearms to mounted heavy machine guns and anti-tank weapons. Suspect

If I understood your post correctly, you questioned why one would think a gun in a game is canon. STARS' Samurai Edge customs (one pictured in my post) are about as canon in the games as canon can get.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:46 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Is that some kind of oxymoron? You have military training, yet you don't know anything about guns? The military teaches you to recognize, operate, and maintain dozens of weapon systems, from sidearms to mounted heavy machine guns and anti-tank weapons. Suspect

If I understood your post correctly, you questioned why one would think a gun in a game is canon. STARS' Samurai Edge customs (one pictured in my post) are about as canon in the games as canon can get.
Ah, now I got it. I thought it had to do something with the model or something Very Happy I actually forgot what I wrote in my forst post, I remembred asking something about the actuality or something.

And yes, I have military training but the only weapons I used were RK 62, M72 LAW and APILAS with the addition of a plethera of different mines. I was a radio operative/driver so I only had basic training and didn't have much to do with weaponry, expect the aforementioned. What I meant was I know pretty much nothing about weapon models, although I know how to use them.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:04 pm

POP QUIZ! Mass, what kind of gun is the Samurai Edge? Very Happy

Last edited by The Knife on Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:40 pm

A rawket lawnchair?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 12:43 pm

uhhhh.... an onion?
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:01 pm

Well done! *Hands cookie*
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

I don't think it is. Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 2:46 pm

Every Samurai Edge is different. Wesker's and Barry's being the strongest ones.

Still have no idea why you can't use Barry's "Miranda" outside of the few melee attacks he has. Doesn't really make much sense. :\ If someone could explain to me why they thought it was necessary to replace his main gun with a broken butterfly, I would like to know.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:37 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
*Cough*

Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? BioGun

Then again, it didn't exist before RE3.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 7:23 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
No, it isn't. It's just an unlockable bonus weapon added to the PS2 version of RE4. Saddler didn't have the resources to develop something so advanced.
right, he got his donations here and there, but most of that was to keep his electricity up and running.

in any case, i would like to see it make a canonical appearance at some point. i mean if we can use a linear launcher for a boss fight, why not plr.

oh, and about re wiki...dont.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:17 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Still have no idea why you can't use Barry's "Miranda" outside of the few melee attacks he has. Doesn't really make much sense. :\ If someone could explain to me why they thought it was necessary to replace his main gun with a broken butterfly, I would like to know.
Barry had an S&W Model 29. The Broken Butterfly was a fictional hybrid of the Schofield Model 3 and Single Action Army.

Bub537 wrote:
Then again, it didn't exist before RE3.
Doesn't change anything.

Spike991 wrote:
in any case, i would like to see it make a canonical appearance at some point. i mean if we can use a linear launcher for a boss fight, why not plr.
The linear launcher was acquired through the course of the game, the PLR wasn't.

Quote :
oh, and about re wiki...dont.
Why not? Contrary to what you might think, there are competent people there that maintain its accuracy.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 pm

GL, that doesn't change the fact that at any point, anyone can change anything they want. You can't tell me that everything that is incorrect is immediately found and corrected.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 11:52 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
GL, that doesn't change the fact that at any point, anyone can change anything they want.
And, if incorrect, it's always corrected within a short amount of time.

Quote :
You can't tell me that everything that is incorrect is immediately found and corrected.
Immediately? Maybe not, but it doesn't stay that way for long. That I can say for certain because the administrators there are the most competent of any Wiki site I've ever been a regular on.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:31 pm

its not just that people can put whatever they want, its really the liberties they take with info. its just just not a site that i would ever use as a source. i would rather use more legit sources like the actual games.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:43 pm

If Saddler wanted to kill betrayers, he would just kill them. He doesn't need a futuristic weapon to do it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 12:56 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
If Saddler wanted to kill betrayers, he would just kill them. He doesn't need a futuristic weapon to do it.
well something tells me thats easier said than done. i guess he could control them.

anyway, about the plr gun, it should become available during the game just like the linear launcher was.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
well something tells me thats easier said than done. i guess he could control them.
He could easily either command several Genados to rip one to shreds, or command it to jump off of a cliff.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 2:51 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
He could easily either command several Genados to rip one to shreds, or command it to jump off of a cliff.
but obviously they were interested in research, and creating something like plr would make plenty of sense. as much senseas making the larger one that ashley and leon use to eventually free themselves of las plagas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?   Is the P.R.L. 412 canon? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the P.R.L. 412 canon?
Page 1 of 1