HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)

Go down 
+75
Ylwizaker
RE Psycho
Kino_00
DarkBiohazard
Jill Sandwich
lyfesArcanum
chrisredfielmusculo
RebelliousQueen
92atchattack
Lady Yuna
chrisredfield84
Incompetent Barry
sammy02ro
00biohazard
Sise-Neg
Turo602
ChrisSherry
8BitNinja
Voltius
htedagem12
PartyGirl
The mastAH!
Soul
Monster Mash
ChickenHeart
Trichos
sirjibbs323
BiohazardNews
iNFiN1TY
Fat_Joe_5211
ohmybasch
biggebruv
charlieRE2
Weegee
toddx77
Resident_evil5
Sargent D
Bub537
Cyberote
chessmaster
Jills-death-file
The Knife
Mcghie
ThomVD
HUNK'syouruncle
Las_Fergus
Patronum1121
donfaisal
biohazardinyourface
GreggKennedy
Vandal
LeonChrisKOMBO
Deagle50
Jacen Dex
Chiildofthegrave
ace.redfield
Killer64
Scientist994
chocotricks
RaviorStygian
leon13
dragofan010
Spike991
PAULSAMSON
BarryBurton
weskersbarber
Revan XI9
Reede1991
Methsia
Neotris
nekronuke
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
Mass Distraction
NicemanCandy
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

Playstation Network NicemanCandy

Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 9:28 am

Out of all the characters I can't help but want to know the future of Carlos and Billy. I would like to see Resident Evil 6 reboot the series, whilst keeping/enhancing gameplay, also with a fresh plot along with new characters. But chances are it will yet again stretch the already torn and misguided plot and further ruin the great characters. In my opinion Capcom will hurry the finale of each main character and then reboot the series for the next generation. I'm just sick of action games now... I want to feel fear and tension again, in the form of oldskool Resident Evil etc..
Back to top Go down
http://www.deadfrontier.com
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Sadly, we are an older audience now. The feelings the old RE's gave us can no longer be replicated. The best we will get is something like Dead Space.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:36 pm

I guess that's true... It's a shame really. I'm just glad I've still got the original Resident Evil's! Cool
But does this mean goodbye to the series for me, seeing as I just can't enjoy the latest entries?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 4:46 pm

Blame it on all the xbox loving action humping fps retard twitch gamers out there.
Back to top Go down
Neotris
Zombie
Zombie
Neotris

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Sadly, we are an older audience now. The feelings the old RE's gave us can no longer be replicated. The best we will get is something like Dead Space.

Not even bruddah try fatal frame 2, dead space aint got shit on ghost kids
Back to top Go down
Neotris
Zombie
Zombie
Neotris

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 3:36 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Not even bruddah try fatal frame 2, dead space aint got shit on ghost kids
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Actually there's one game that took a really weird turn: Devil May Cry. What happened to the old Dante D:

Still, calling newer REs a fantasy tale is a bit too much. You gotta be thankful they decided to continue the series Wink That way we actually might someday see the return of survival horror in all its glory.

Btw, I'm pretty laid back, so I ain't starting any disputes Razz It's too tiresome.

They probably would reboot the whole Resident Evil franchise or something just like
Devil May Cry.

Wtf is up capcom? O_o
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Well...   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:14 am

Okay i feel i need to chime in with my opinion. a ton of you have talked about bringing back the series to its origins and you are all sighting the first three as references, a few have mentioned CVX but i think that is the next logical step that could EASILY be used to bring back the original feel and give the newer generation of fans a great game.

here is what i think, Alexia did not die in antarctica, but instead escaped. and she did not forget about her rivalry with william birkin and still plans to control the world with the t veronica virus. to do that, perhaps she goes to the remains of the spencer lab, a portion that was too deep underground to be effected by the bombing of the city and its surroundings. from there she finds a database letting her know that sherry is still alive and well; she kidnaps her, along with several other guinea pigs and begins to experiment on the dormant g-virus in her blood, and the t-veronica in her own. she cultivates the G-veronica virus with it. however, once opening the... ill call it vaulted lab(portion of the spencer lab that no one has seen) from now on. obviously no one has any idea what is going on, and the bsaa treats it as a small incident that the bombing did not destroy on the initial run and sends in a small team to clean the mess.

After opening the vaulted lab, she lets out the pure t virus, which can remain airborne indefinately. maybe the original cast of characters (jill, chris, barry, becca, claire and leon) are immune because they were vaccinated by weaker strains that their bodies absorbed in the first hours of contact with the airborne virus.

my pitch for the game would be :

you get to choose between either rebecca or claire. claire because of her attachment to sherry, and rebecca because the virus is in her field. the initial goal is to rescue sherry and kill alexia before she can mass produce the G-Veronica virus or infect a significant portion of the US.

if you choose rebecca, you begin the game diving from a helicopter(piloted by barry) accompanied by chris and jill. rebecca is only there to collect samples from the infected creatures for research. shortly into the vaulted lab she is seperated from both jill and chris by alexia who holds them captive for experimentation. this is a good way, i think, to better implement melee weapons into the game, and it brings back the isolation feel from the original series. she starts with no gun, only a knife, and a broken steel pipe. basically her only option is evade capture from alexia while at the same time try to complete her mission and rescue chris and jill.

if you choose claire she recieves a letter from alexia ,posing as sherry to draw her in for alexia's revenge. she contacts leon and although where the letter is addressed from (the spencer mansion) is off limits to non-bsaa personel, he agrees to help. after arriving there and entering the vaulted lab from a seperate entrance, they decide to split up and maintain contact with each other through the radio. this portion of the lab is infested with crimson heads and hunters so claire calls for a regroup. on his way back, leon mistakes alexia for an adult sherry. she goes with him to find claire. after doing so, claire recognizes her and alexia explains that she tricked her, then knocks claire uncontious and takes her weapons. expecting her to be savagely killed by the initial t-virus monsters and a few new ones that the g-veronica virus has created. alexia takes leon back to her private lab where she sees on the security monitors that the bsaa team has unexpectedly arrived. claire is woken by a large explosion (that is caused when rebecca is seperated from chris and jill) claire is not chased by alexia but has to deal with stronger enemies. her ultimate goal is to find leon and sherry and kill alexia.

so fellas, any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 1:53 am

If I wasn't as tired as I am I would have allot to say back to you. Instead I'm gonna' keep things short and just say that I really think that you're idea of a new direction of the series is very creative and might possibly please allot of fans as it generates an oldskool feel which goes back to the origins of Resident Evil, but I can't help but be so sceptical about the current plot as in my opinion it has strayed too far from the roots of the series.

I don't think Capcom will ever incorporate the original flow of Resident Evil so I guess I've given up hope. Nobody agrees with me but I would rather wish for a new plot with a new cast of characters.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:17 am

i can see why you would hope for that, and i can also agree with you. but i think there are way too many loose ends to explore to begin a new cast and such. at the same time i do NOT want the next installment to be another metal gear solid 4. tying up every loose end as fast as they can and justifying it afterword. from the material they have now, i think it is possible for them to put out two more games at least. the problem with 4 and 5 was the merge from survival horror to action horror, as everyone seems to agree. and entertaining as they were... a far cry from outstanding. yeah it sold better, but the movies are what got a majority of the fans into the games. it could have sold just as well if they kept with what they were doing... thats why it is hard for me to give up hope on the series just yet. but after being let down on re4 and 5 i dont think i could deal with another slap in the face.

thats why i would really like to see a return for alexia. off the top of my head, she is the only 'potentially' living scientist capable of reviving the t-roots and there is a rich history there that can be exploited. she controlled her mutations, so she acheived the plagas and uroburos goals 4 years before re4 was released... furthermore, wesker survived how many explosions? like a hundred and twenty? and the one person who he realized, thirty seconds into the epic fistfight, was going to beat him to death if he stuck around dies after one? i doubt it...
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:32 am

It's true that the recent instalments made the transition from survival-horror to all-out-action, which is why many fans, myself included, were disappointed with how the plot made such a noticeable jump which lead to many loose ends. There could be a whole load of options which Capcom could consider for Resident Evil to return to its roots whilst pleasing fans of both genre's. You've got a good idea though and it would be great to read a finalized product if you ever decide to do so. I've got allot of ideas for a reboot to the series as well as a continuation to the current plot, amongst other things.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:13 am

Okay, where would I start... When I read the first words of the plot idea it kinda just flopped. No more resurrecting of old characters, please just let them be dead. We finally got rid of one Wesker. The idea is interesting though, intertwining the stories of Claire/Alexia and Claire/Sherry.

Niceman, wtf Very Happy I though you wanted to kill off some characters and now you're for an idea of resurrecting one?

Reede1991 wrote:
yeah it sold better, but the movies are what got a majority of the fans into the games.
What? I have yet to hear of single actual RE fan who became one because of the movies. The newer games have had such an impact but I don't think the movies ever will.

It's sad how so many people hate the newer games for whatever reasons. I love all the games, each and every one of them, but I'm not going to start explaining why because it wouldn't make any difference.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 2:05 pm

then there are some closet cases that dont want to admit to it. you couldnt find a RE game after the release of the first movie, much in the same way as silent hill became rather scarce when they dumped that pile onto the world. my point is, the correlation between movie and game are driving the action games and will continue to do so. the first RE movie, ill admit, was not terrible, at least from my point of view. it had a trapped feeling and was a valid horror movie, for me.

resident evil apocalypse: released in 2004. resident evil 4: ALSO released in 2004. and from there it went downhill. the first movie was similar to the games and the second spit in their face.

and i never said i did not enjoy the games, but i enjoyed 4 and 5 in the same way that i enjoyed pokemon snap when i was like six years old. it kept my attention, didnt challenge me at all, and i felt no sense of accomplishment after i beat it.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:51 am

Mass Distraction, I never said I wanted to kill off or resurrect any characters! I just think with the direction Capcom is clearly following it would be best to leave them be, or wrap up their story somehow. I've always said that I want something fresh to bring the series back to its origins whilst pleasing all Resident Evil fans, and for me that would include a new plot as well as a new cast of characters. I'm glad Wesker is finally dead and I never agreed on the whole Ashford revival thing, I just liked the idea of bringing back the T-virus, with a twist or something, even though that won't happen. I was just agreeing on the plot having many loose ends.

I would hate for 'dead' characters to be revived but so many fans are asking about the whereabouts of Billy, Carlos etc. I mean, do we really need to know? I actually like having to guess their outcome, but it would be good for a reference to know what they've been up to in the next title or something.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:20 am

i honestly never much cared for either billy or carlos, i always thought of them as stock characters. What im hoping for most is sherry's whereabouts, there was a huge craze on the re5 trailer and almost everyone thought the random blond girl that was pulled into the house and jill in the tube (because apparently a sternum piercing is not possible with hair and eye color) was sherry. thats pretty much my biggest question and i would be happy with a file saying she died in a surfing accident or something.

okay you guys hate the alexia revival thing, what are questions you actually want answered? do you want to see what happened to the characters you havnt heard much about, different countries, different virus maybe? it seems like the more i think about it the more im starting to believe if they ever do go back to the viral roots its going to end up with something like The Crazies
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:38 am

The Crazies... If that happens Resident Evil will be dead, but the kids will love it! I remember reading a bonus file after completing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis which stated that since the events of Resident Evil 2 Sherry has been under government surveillance, which is why Leon became a government operative, for her safety.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:51 am

yeah i remember it, but at the same time government protection could be misinterpreted as an orphanage, and now she is... what twenty? twentyone? and from memory i thought the whole speech from leon at the beginning of re4 was about the fall of umbrella and him being put in charge of the president and the first family's safety. which was why he was after ashley. and... i hate to use this as a reference, but in degeneration, sherry was never mentioned as far as i can recall. and it seems like that would be a pretty hot issue for the two people who happened to have a ten year old and make it through a similar situation.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:12 am

You know what, all this talk about Sherry is making me question every other character from having the lead role in Resident Evil 6. I say bring Sherry back now that she's old enough to slay the undead.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:21 am

music to my ears Smile its really going to piss a ton of people off if capcom reveals the blonde one that gets pulled into the house was sherry all along. she needs a game. you got to control her in resident evil 2 for like 6 minutes... she deserves it damnit! it would be nice if she offs ada once and for all too. i cant stand her.
Back to top Go down
NicemanCandy
Zombie
Zombie
NicemanCandy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 4:40 am

We definitely need the daddy of survival-horror to make a return. No hate to the latest entries, they were great games, but to me they just weren't Resident Evil. I want Resident Evil 6 to go back to the origins of what made the series great to begin with. I'm sick of all-out-action games since there's too many of them. I think Capcom should keep and enhance the current formula of the over-the-shoulder view but have less emphasis on action to bring back survival elements.
Back to top Go down
Neotris
Zombie
Zombie
Neotris

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:39 am

NicemanCandy wrote:
We definitely need the daddy of survival-horror to make a return. No hate to the latest entries, they were great games, but to me they just weren't Resident Evil. I want Resident Evil 6 to go back to the origins of what made the series great to begin with. I'm sick of all-out-action games since there's too many of them. I think Capcom should keep and enhance the current formula of the over-the-shoulder view but have less emphasis on action to bring back survival elements.

Thanks to shinji mikami RE is in the state it is now
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 am

NicemanCandy wrote:
Mass Distraction, I never said I wanted to kill off or resurrect any characters!
Oh man sorry, I remembered wrong Very Happy I had to go through my old posts to know who it was who wanted to kill off some characters. Turns out it was Neotris, but it was your thread (this one) and it confused my brain. And I didn't refer to you wanting to resurrect characters, I know you wouldn't want that since you want to see a new cast. Whoa, did it feel weird to see my whole nick there...

Reede1991 wrote:
its really going to piss a ton of people off if capcom reveals the blonde one that gets pulled into the house was sherry all along.
Nah, the woman's name has already been told, it's Allyson.

As for what I'd like to see answered is what happened to most of the characters, such as Billy, Carlos, Ark, Rebecca, HUNK, Sherry and Nicholai. I also believe Krauser is still alive, though I don't care much for him and it wouldn't matter if he's just left being dead. Hopefully Capcom reveals more on Alex Wesker, like having him as the next antagonist or something. I'm eagerly waiting to see if Revelations has any relation to Gaiden, the next announcement on Resident Evil Portable, the plot of the next game and if Damnation will answer any questions on TriCell and the Organization.
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:55 pm

RE survivor doesnt even follow the storyline, and im pretty sure that both nicholai and krauser are taking dirt naps.

Quote :

Reede1991 wrote:
its really going to piss a ton of people off if capcom reveals the blonde one that gets pulled into the house was sherry all along.

Mass Distraction wrote:

my bad i dont remember the name being revealed but i havnt been able to really play through any of the games since my ps3 broke Embarassed was it revealed in game or by capcom?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Reede1991 wrote:
RE survivor doesnt even follow the storyline, and im pretty sure that both nicholai and krauser are taking dirt naps.

Quote :

Reede1991 wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

my bad i dont remember the name being revealed but i havnt been able to really play through any of the games since my ps3 broke Embarassed was it revealed in game or by capcom?
It was revealed by Capcom, following the rumors about her being Sherry. They released something called Allyson's diary or something that shed some light on her story.

Actually Survivor has been revealed as canon. As for Nicholai, he really is alive, as him stealing the last chopper and escaping Raccoon is mentioned in RE5 (the history file).
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:56 pm

If the characters went anywhere near Raccoon City, they would all have to wear huge radiation suits. And yeah, Alexia should stay dead. @Mass: Krauser is definitely dead. I always promote Sherry being a main character, either protagonist or antagonist, in new games. She's really the only one I want to know about. Maybe HUNK. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)   Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 - Discussion (Must Read!)
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next