HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)

Go down 
+11
duralumin
Godzilla90s
charlieRE2
Down
NiteKrawler
frodomir
Spike991
bravotwozero007
Regenerator
lyfesArcanum
ChrisSherry
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 8:48 pm

Cmon... I mean why would you want to watch stuff you have already seen. Such as the events in the game? When you can have something new and fresh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 2:33 am

Lunar6000 wrote:
Cmon... I mean why would you want to watch stuff you have already seen. Such as the events in the game? When you can have something new and fresh.
Agree with you completely. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 4:14 pm

How much do cutscenes really show you? So much storyline could be added in a movie adaptation. Sure some things would be the same, like Wesker turning out to be bad, but it would be done differently and better. Plus you all seem to be forgetting that the majority of people that would go watch it probably would not have played the corresponding game. I don't have stats but I'd wager that at least quite a few people wouldn't know how the movie would turn out. Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 5:31 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
How much do cutscenes really show you? So much storyline could be added in a movie adaptation. Sure some things would be the same, like Wesker turning out to be bad, but it would be done differently and better. Plus you all seem to be forgetting that the majority of people that would go watch it probably would not have played the corresponding game. I don't have stats but I'd wager that at least quite a few people wouldn't know how the movie would turn out. Just my opinion though.

Actually most everyone would know how it would turn out and you would have twice as many people complaining about how something wasnt exactly like it was in the cut scenes or how the characters didn't look perfect. Thats why its best for them to just start a new story arch and just have complaints about that which will amount to fewer complaints. The RE movies appealed to more than just fans of RE... it was a smart move on capcoms part.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Lunar6000 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Actually most everyone would know how it would turn out and you would have twice as many people complaining about how something wasnt exactly like it was in the cut scenes or how the characters didn't look perfect. Thats why its best for them to just start a new story arch and just have complaints about that which will amount to fewer complaints. The RE movies appealed to more than just fans of RE... it was a smart move on capcoms part.

I disagree...with everything.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Lunar6000 wrote:

Same here.Smile

And Lunar6000, that is exactly what Paul Anderson was thinking, he made the right move I think, mostly.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Lunar6000 wrote:

Same here.Smile

And Lunar6000, that is exactly what Paul Anderson was thinking, he made the right move I think, mostly.Smile
But, in all honesty, he really dropped the ball with Extinction, IMO. I mean, I enjoy watching it, but it's definitely the worst of the three. Apocalypse is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:52 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Lunar6000 wrote:

Same here.Smile

But, in all honesty, he really dropped the ball with Extinction, IMO. I mean, I enjoy watching it, but it's definitely the worst of the three. Apocalypse is my favorite.

I think that the first two are both more than watchable, the third I really disliked, like any movie there were things that were memorable, but otherwise not so good...

I think the first one was the best, the score from Marco Beltrami and Maryln Manson, plus the laser scene.Smile And Rain was cool too.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:27 am

AaaaAaAaaaaaAAAAAaAHAHHHHHhhhHHhhhHHHHh........Sorry...that's just my brain trying to comprehend someone liking those movies. Razz

Be careful NiteKrawler. Even though you are joking, every one here is entitled to their opinion.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:38 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Be careful NiteKrawler. Even though you are joking, everyone here is entitled to their opinion. Try to not be rude, if only accidentally.

I wouldnt call it being rude... Its just his opinion of movies... I would say the same... Its really hard to find people that like both games and movies same way...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just that I hate the movies so much. I just feel that Anderson butchered the series.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:57 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Didn't mean to offend anyone. It's just that I hate the movies so much. I just feel that Anderson butchered the series.

You are not the only one mate
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 12:58 pm

Quote :
No worries mate. Was merely a reminder, that's all. As they say. S'all good.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 1:06 pm

Both the movies and the games have their good points and bad points.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 2:21 pm

frodomir wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
Be careful NiteKrawler. Even though you are joking, everyone here is entitled to their opinion. Try to not be rude, if only accidentally.

I wouldnt call it being rude... Its just his opinion of movies... I would say the same... Its really hard to find people that like both games and movies same way...

Well I don't like the movies and games the same, but I do appreciate a good movie when I see one, and I can also appreciate the time and pressure that Anderson had when making these movies that some just tell off as some piece of crap movie simply because they aren't in the same universe as the games.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Don't worry Spike, even if it had nothing to do with RE (which it almost doesn't anyway Razz), I still wouldn't like them. They feel half...butted to me. I just can't seem to get one of the scenes in the 3rd one out of my mind. Remember that big shipping crate that about a zillion zombies came out of? Well when it opened we had an almost frontal view of it and could clearly not see anything but darkness. So we also could see that it was at least half empty. Where did all the zombies come from? I'm rarely this picky about movies but this cut it for me. Then the whole telekinetic thing...and not even explaining Jill's sudden absence. Or did they say something about her? If they did I didn't hear it. One thing I will say about them though is that the action scenes are good. But too many directors rely on action to numb our brains to the point where nothing else matters. Story and acting are factors too!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 4:39 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Don't worry Spike, even if it had nothing to do with RE (which it almost doesn't anyway Razz), I still wouldn't like them. They feel half...butted to me. I just can't seem to get one of the scenes in the 3rd one out of my mind. Remember that big shipping crate that about a zillion zombies came out of? Well when it opened we had an almost frontal view of it and could clearly not see anything but darkness. So we also could see that it was at least half empty. Where did all the zombies come from? I'm rarely this picky about movies but this cut it for me. Then the whole telekinetic thing...and not even explaining Jill's sudden absence. Or did they say something about her? If they did I didn't hear it. One thing I will say about them though is that the action scenes are good. But too many directors rely on action to numb our brains to the point where nothing else matters. Story and acting are factors too!

I can certainly sympathize with the 3rd, but I just feel that at least the first one had plenty of moments that were there for frights, and it was very cool I think, the second one had no fear at all, just action, but it was still okay, and like you said about the 3rd one, it didn't say anything about what happended to Jill, and they killed Carlos, and not to mention that Claire looked like Sarah Connor...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Spike991 wrote:
the 3rd one, it didn't say anything about what happended to Jill
The novelization said that she was leading another convoy in Michigan.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:39 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot that they made novelizations for the films as well....they aren't by SD Perry are they?Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot that they made novelizations for the films as well....they aren't by SD Perry are they?Smile
I don't know. I heard the above from Ashe.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

I don't know. I heard the above from Ashe.

Oh, well that at least sheds some light on that.Smile

I did appreciate the films, but I wouldn't dedicate myself to reading a novel on them though...Smile
Back to top Go down
bimmershark
Cerberus
Cerberus
bimmershark

PostSubject: i must be rare   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm

i love the games and movies .

with the movies i tried not comparing them with the games i consider it just another GREAT story about someone affected by umbrellas actions.

i also think its good they didnt make it exactly like the games because for me at least its like reading a book then watching the movie you can get so caught up in comparing it ya tnd not to enjoy the movie as much . in my own opinion of course lol
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 10:52 pm

I probably would have enjoyed the movies more if they focused more on it being a seperate storyline. It's just that when they bring in elements from the games and mess them up that I get mad. Plus the telekinesis was weird. I haven't played every game but has there ever been any telekinetic powers in any of them? It just doesn't seem resident evil-ish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3