HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)

Go down 
+11
duralumin
Godzilla90s
charlieRE2
Down
NiteKrawler
frodomir
Spike991
bravotwozero007
Regenerator
lyfesArcanum
ChrisSherry
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 10:55 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
They aren't even Resident Evil.
I believe the same thing when it comes to RE4 & 5.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

At least RE 4 and 5 do what they do well. The movies are just bad...in so many ways. Even if they weren't called Resident Evil, they'd still be bad in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:12 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

At least RE 4 and 5 do what they do well. The movies are just bad...in so many ways. Even if they weren't called Resident Evil, they'd still be bad in my mind.

Yeah, I think that RE4 & RE5 do what they do well too, being RE games.Smile

As for the movies, well the first one was great in my opinion, as RE movies they aren't perfect, but I actually wouldn't want to see a movie exactly like the game, and even if they had done that, then there would be the issue of who plays who, and how people would complain about how the actors didn't play the characters well, etc.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:15 am

It works well with books. If there was a director that didn't have his head up his arse all the time maybe there could be a decent video game based movie. But no...you have people like this Anderson idiot who feels the need to make Resident Evil his own. RE is not his creation to screw around with! If I were Capcom, I'd have him hung.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:01 am

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

So the fact that they bastardized it into something it isn't means nothing as long as they "do it well"? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:03 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
It works well with books. If there was a director that didn't have his head up his arse all the time maybe there could be a decent video game based movie. But no...you have people like this Anderson idiot who feels the need to make Resident Evil his own. RE is not his creation to screw around with! If I were Capcom, I'd have him hung.

I have been meaning to read them, but they still aren't canon to the series either, the series created by the games anyway.Smile

From what I remember the first RE movie came out before RE0, so the whole prequel thing had not been done yet, in which case Anderson's original concept was good, he wanted a movie that explained how it all began, of course after RE0 came out it made his movie's idea sort of lame for the prequel thing, then I believe after that he made Apocolypes a bit different, I doubt there was anything different he could have done, he was put in an akward position after RE0 came out....

@Ghost Leader
I think that RE4 and RE5 are exactly what they should be, give or take a few.Smile There are little bits that I am displeased with, with everything new that has been coming out, same can be said for any RE game for me, but I think that RE4 & RE5 are both great additions to the series.Smile
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:41 am

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

As for the movies, well the first one was great in my opinion, as RE movies they aren't perfect, but I actually wouldn't want to see a movie exactly like the game, and even if they had done that, then there would be the issue of who plays who, and how people would complain about how the actors didn't play the characters well, etc.Smile
out of all the RE live action movies out now I would say that the second one is the best...the only problem is the whole Alice thing...it just doesn't feel like RE with her in it
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:05 pm

Regenerator wrote:
out of all the RE live action movies out now I would say that the second one is the best...the only problem is the whole Alice thing...it just doesn't feel like RE with her in it

You see I think that if the big RE fans who don't like the movies because they aren't true to the games can find them enjoyable if they get over the fact that it isn't in the same canon as the games, and the same can probably be said for the novels.Smile

I find the first RE movie great regardless of everything, not only is it not in the same canon as the games, but it also didn't take any game characters and ruin them, the closest thing was a guy named Spence, who is obviously reminescent to Spencer.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Spike, I didn't mean the RE books. I've only read one and it was the exact game and it was great. I meant that it works well when any book series is turned into movies. Well...it CAN work great. It doesn't always. My point is, if you want to make a video game based movie great...You have to keep it like the game. An example would be Silent Hill. It wasn't exactly like the game, but it was enough like it that it was a good movie. If it were just like the movie I'd say they would have had a major win. I already have tons of ideas for great RE movies. It's not hard to do at all since you already have the concept and everything right in front of you. Just turn it into movie form.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:21 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike, I didn't mean the RE books. I've only read one and it was the exact game and it was great. I meant that it works well when any book series is turned into movies. Well...it CAN work great. It doesn't always. My point is, if you want to make a video game based movie great...You have to keep it like the game. An example would be Silent Hill. It wasn't exactly like the game, but it was enough like it that it was a good movie. If it were just like the movie I'd say they would have had a major win. I already have tons of ideas for great RE movies. It's not hard to do at all since you already have the concept and everything right in front of you. Just turn it into movie form.

Oh I was only talking about the books because Regenerator was mentioning it.Smile

Yeah about the movies, you said Silent Hill was enough like the games to where it was enjoyable, well I think it is pretty much the same with the RE movies, they aren't exactly like the games, but are similar, the RE games have a unique experiance that cannot really be duplicated by a movie, there is alot more to RE than just the scenes, the documents and gameplay add a whole lot.Smile

Another fine example is LOTR, it could only follow the novel so much, but it was still so amazing.Smile
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:53 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Oh I was only talking about the books because Regenerator was mentioning it.Smile

Yeah about the movies, you said Silent Hill was enough like the games to where it was enjoyable, well I think it is pretty much the same with the RE movies, they aren't exactly like the games, but are similar, the RE games have a unique experiance that cannot really be duplicated by a movie, there is alot more to RE than just the scenes, the documents and gameplay add a whole lot.Smile

Another fine example is LOTR, it could only follow the novel so much, but it was still so amazing.Smile
Yeah, the LOTR films were great. I haven't read the novels yet, but I heard that the films were very close to the books. While we are on the topic, have you read the Golden Compass series? I really enjoyed the books but the film was SO bad.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:55 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

Yeah, the LOTR films were great. I haven't read the novels yet, but I heard that the films were very close to the books. While we are on the topic, have you read the Golden Compass series? I really enjoyed the books but the film was SO bad.

I also have yet to read the novels, but I played the first LOTR game, and it was more true to the novel, characters like Tom Bombadell adn stuff like that, so I do know indirectly how the first movie differs.Smile

I have not read those books either, I just remember that Daniel Craig was in the movie.Smile

Okay, well we should stay on topic since the title is about Afterlife.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:34 pm

One more thing Spike. How were the RE movies anything like the games? Zombies, T-Virus, Hive...Not much else. It should have followed the games exactly. Trust me...it would have worked. And been excellent!
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
in my opinion I do think that Silent Hill was the better movie over RE
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:00 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
One more thing Spike. How were the RE movies anything like the games? Zombies, T-Virus, Hive...Not much else. It should have followed the games exactly. Trust me...it would have worked. And been excellent!
It would have just been nothing more than a replay of the games. I want to see something in the movies that I haven't seen in the games. If I want to relive the games, I'll replay the games.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:16 am

Ghost, I've contemplated your point before. I'm really not sure how fans would react to a movie version of a game that's just like the game. In my opinion, I truly believe that they'd love it. They just haven't had the chance to experience it yet. But we won't know until it happens I suppose...IF it happens.
Back to top Go down
TyRaNT_
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
TyRaNT_

PostSubject: RE: Resident Evil 4 Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:34 am

I cant wait cheers this will hopefully not be as farfetched as extinction lol,
either way i will be buying this What a Face
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:28 pm

TyRaNT_ wrote:
I cant wait cheers this will hopefully not be as farfetched as extinction lol,
either way i will be buying this What a Face
Extinction was too much Mad Max-inspired.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:34 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost, I've contemplated your point before. I'm really not sure how fans would react to a movie version of a game that's just like the game. In my opinion, I truly believe that they'd love it. They just haven't had the chance to experience it yet. But we won't know until it happens I suppose...IF it happens.
Resident Evil: Degeneration was just like the games. Granted it was CGI and not live action but still. Same characters, organizations. Plus, IMO the characters in the movies were really different from the ones in the games.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Resident Evil: Degeneration was just like the games. Granted it was CGI and not live action but still. Same characters, organizations. Plus, IMO the characters in the movies were really different from the ones in the games.
But it was an original story, rather than just reliving the events of one of the games over again. That's what I want, original stories. I've no problem with them tying into the game canon, just as long as it's not a direct port of one of the games to the screen.

I should have pointed that out in my earlier post. Sorry, my bad. Neutral

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
But it was an original story, rather than just reliving the events of one of the games. That's what I want, original stories. I've no problem with them tying into the game canon, just as long as it's not a direct port of the game to the screen.

No problem, I get what you're saying. Still, if they are going to make new stories with the same characters, I'd prefer them to be in a game format. Especially with the way Capcom is advancing today.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:26 pm

I see what you are saying Ghost. I thought Degeneration was great. I'd still like to see the actual games turned into movie form though. Just to see what it would be like. But it probably won't happen because of the current RE movies from Anderson. It will take a while before anyone but Capcom themselves can make a RE related movie.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:12 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
But it was an original story, rather than just reliving the events of one of the games. That's what I want, original stories. I've no problem with them tying into the game canon, just as long as it's not a direct port of the game to the screen.

No problem, I get what you're saying. Still, if they are going to make new stories with the same characters, I'd prefer them to be in a game format. Especially with the way Capcom is advancing today.

Same here... Bring us the stories back... And CGI is the best for stories... With games of course... But we area talking about movies...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:34 pm

The movies where awesome! Just like the game series!

Im so glad they kept the movies separate from the game. I mean the only thing people can complain about is the fact it doesn't follow the games story arch but if it did... people would find a lot more things to complain about how they didn't do some small little things just right. They would be like "but in the game that didn't happen with so and so!".

The movies where awesome and I think the order of awesomeness goes in this order:

Resident Evil 3 > Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil

The 3rd one had the most action and the most sweetness thats why it was the best. I can't wait for the next one especially now that Wesker has been introduced.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:41 pm

Lunar6000 wrote:
The movies where awesome! Just like the game series!

Im so glad they kept the movies separate from the game. I mean the only thing people can complain about is the fact it doesn't follow the games story arch but if it did... people would find a lot more things to complain about how they didn't do some small little things just right. They would be like "but in the game that didn't happen with so and so!".

The movies where awesome and I think the order of awesomeness goes in this order:

Resident Evil 3 > Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil

The 3rd one had the most action and the most sweetness thats why it was the best. I can't wait for the next one especially now that Wesker has been introduced.

Bah! Humbug.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)   Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 4: Afterlife (Movie)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next