HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

George Romero's Resident Evil

Go down 
+8
Wesker
Kytte
Ghost Leader
charlieRE2
Spike991
frodomir
ChrisSherry
duralumin
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 pm

i didnt think land of the dead was great but i didn't hate it. i think romero is very important to the zombie world. Smile they even mention him as an influence on the resident evil degeneration making of feature Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:34 am

charlieRE2 wrote:
no romero should of totally made the resident evil films. did anyone see the advert he shot for the release of resident evil 2 in japan? totally amazing. that paul anderson guy is totally worthless.
The movies weren't what they had the potential to be, but they aren't as horrible as you're making them out to be.

Anyhow, the commercial...yeah, here's a link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBjNHsfofME

Fun fact: Did any of you know that the actress playing Claire in it went on to do soft-core p@rn? lol!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 1:04 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
charlieRE2 wrote:
no romero should of totally made the resident evil films. did anyone see the advert he shot for the release of resident evil 2 in japan? totally amazing. that paul anderson guy is totally worthless.
The movies weren't what they had the potential to be, but they aren't as horrible as you're making them out to be.

Fun fact: Did any of you know that the actress playing Claire in it went on to do soft-core p@rn? lol!

I agree that the movies weren't that bad, once you get over the fact that they are not in the same universe, I think that they can be enjoyable, especially the first one, I mean that one was pretty great.Smile

No, I did not know that, do you know any of her films, *cough*?
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:05 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
charlieRE2 wrote:

I agree that the movies weren't that bad, once you get over the fact that they are not in the same universe, I think that they can be enjoyable, especially the first one, I mean that one was pretty great.Smile

lol!

i understand if other people like them and thats their choice but for me i found no good in them Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 2:07 pm

charlieRE2 wrote:
lol!

i understand if other people like them and thats their choice but for me i found no good in them Smile

You didn't even like the whole Red Queen thing, or the 'laser scene'?
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Laser scene should ended like in RE 4... They all died
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:52 pm

frodomir wrote:

I didn't like how they did it in RE4, the lasers didn't cut Leon into pieces if they hit you, instead they just zap you and make you fly back.Sad
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 9:58 am

Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:

I didn't like how they did it in RE4, the lasers didn't cut Leon into pieces if they hit you, instead they just zap you and make you fly back.Sad

Didnt know that since i always passed them at first try lol =D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:26 pm

frodomir wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:

The last one where it comes at you really fast got me the first time, but otherwise, I got through it, but yeah, it was just a loud, zapping sound.
Back to top Go down
Kytte
Zombie
Zombie
Kytte

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:39 pm

I like the films don't get me wrong I just don't like how they move away from the games in some circumstances, and Alice.....blehh lol
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Kytte wrote:
I like the films don't get me wrong I just don't like how they move away from the games in some circumstances, and Alice.....blehh lol

It seems like they move away from the games more and more with each of those films. I think that once we get over that, we can enjoy them as just movies, and not so much RE movies, but Paul Anderson had the right idea at first, when he made the first movie, he wanted it to be a prequel to the first game, because he didn't want to make a film where there was no suspense, we knew who would live, who would die, etc, so his approach was good, but then he made them his own I guess we can say.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 4:52 am

Spike991 wrote:
Nope, sorry. lol!
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:31 pm

The RE films with Jovovich were cool action flicks but had little to do with the games. On the other hand I don't think Romero would make an at least WATCHABLE RE film. Did you watch Land of the Dead? He'd make the T-virus carriers to have feelings, to be able to swim, communicate! I mean come on...
As for Degeneration, it was as well a cool action flick, quite enjoyable. I'd prefer it though it if they first made films true to the games and then start exploring future scenarios.

...I don't think they'll ever make a PROPER RE movie No ....
Back to top Go down
bimmershark
Cerberus
Cerberus
bimmershark

PostSubject: different mediums   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:56 pm

i ve played a few of the games and loved them. own all the movies except the cg one but plan on checking it out but loved the movies. just found out about the books and plan on reading them.

three different ways to enjoy a common theme, in my opinion .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 9:05 pm

bimmershark wrote:
i ve played a few of the games and loved them. own all the movies except the cg one but plan on checking it out but loved the movies. just found out about the books and plan on reading them.

That is a very good and optimistic way of looking at it, three different ways of enjoying a similar theme.Smile I second that.Smile
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:02 pm

bimmershark wrote:

Gotta be the quote of the week...and could be aptly applied to Soul's thread concerning people being brought into the gaming fold via the movies. Well put!
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
bimmershark
Cerberus
Cerberus
bimmershark

PostSubject: lol   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:10 pm

lol thanks guys

ill admit first watching the movies some parts had me kinda goin hmmmm where did they get that ? but then realized its just one of so many different stories surrounding the umbrella corp.

on topic tho i am a huge fan of George Romero he has his ups and downs . we will never really know if his version would of been better or worse .
Back to top Go down
Gothmog
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:38 pm

For me personally the movies were not that great, Hell I think it was part one or part two the stole the whole opening from Code Veronica, The running down the hall with the helecopter, then getting caught by the guys and the whole gun dropping, then catching buisness. That was from when clair was gettin in the paris facility and got caught and sent to the island. But as for Land of the Dead, I was not surprised that the zombies learned somewhat how to communicate and use objects. That is not new in the original night the one zombie in the beginning uses a rock to smash the girls window to get to her, in dawn they would return to the mall, and do things kinda aas they did when they were alive, memories of life. and in Day there was Bub he could communicate roughly use things, and gained some intelligence. So land was the naturla path of the zombies. They got left alone in this town for a while, and they are reverting back to some of the things they did in life, which returned some of thier intelligence. At least that is my opinion.

Also in degeneration I was like man I want to play this lol when they were in the airport and had to get out. I was ready to pick up a control and start whackin zombies. I would like to see a game developed from the movie on that one.
bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.frankenpuke.com
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
frodomir wrote:

The last one where it comes at you really fast got me the first time, but otherwise, I got through it, but yeah, it was just a loud, zapping sound.

What do you expect on a Nintendo system? lol Although...the chainsaw deaths were graphic. I'm not sure why they toned the lasers down like that. Much sense that doesn't make.
Back to top Go down
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 7:01 pm

I HAVE George Romero's Script for Resident Evil. I dug it up somewhere, it's the full thing and it is HORRIBLE..

Here you guys go...
http://www.voltius.com/host/resident_evil_george_romero_script.txt

It was rejected and Paul Anderson's Script chosen becasue at least Paul Anderson's doesn't mess with the actual events of what happened in Racoon City conserning the REAL in-game universe. Paul's Resident Evil is really an Alternate Telling of Resident Evil. Were as Romero's was almost like the REAL actual chris, jill, (ada was in it) and it just messed up their characters and events and sucked...

Bluuhhh
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 6:59 pm

Voltius wrote:
I HAVE George Romero's Script for Resident Evil. I dug it up somewhere, it's the full thing and it is HORRIBLE..

Here you guys go...

It was rejected and Paul Anderson's Script chosen becasue at least Paul Anderson's doesn't mess with the actual events of what happened in Racoon City conserning the REAL in-game universe. Paul's Resident Evil is really an Alternate Telling of Resident Evil. Were as Romero's was almost like the REAL actual chris, jill, (ada was in it) and it just messed up their characters and events and sucked...

Bluuhhh
Voltius, I'm glad you brought this thread back to topic...lol! But, I gotta respectfully disagree with you. I talked with Gregory Nicotero, whose group KNB Effects were slated to perform the make-up effects/creature design for Romero's version (not that we're great buddies, but I managed to corner him at a Wonderfest in Louisville Twisted Evil ). Anyways, he was telling me about how things were going gangbusters with pre-production, and to prove it a centerpiece at Wonderfest that year (1999 I believe) was a big display of some of the props, make-up designs, monster designs, (complete with Hunters, a massive Tyrant 002 macquette, etc.) It wasn't Romero's treatment that gave Constantin the heebie-jeebies, but the SCOPE of it. Capcom and Constantin liked the version very well, but when Romero told the production that he didn't want to turn in a cheaper version, they outright "axed" him from the project (which unfortunately included everybody involved at the time). The project was farmed out again, and in comes Anderson "to the rescue" depending on a person's viewpoint. At a Q&A discussion at another Wonderfest Romero hinted at all of this, but then Tom Savini interrupted and asked the attendees to not bring up the RE topic again...to "talk about something nicer". Who were we to argue with Sex Machine?!...lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
Voltius
Zombie
Zombie
Voltius

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:10 pm

duralumin wrote:
Voltius wrote:

Here you guys go...

Bluuhhh
Voltius, I'm glad you brought this thread back to topic...lol! But, I gotta respectfully disagree with you. I talked with Gregory Nicotero, whose group KNB Effects were slated to perform the make-up effects/creature design for Romero's version (not that we're great buddies, but I managed to corner him at a Wonderfest in Louisville Twisted Evil ). Anyways, he was telling me about how things were going gangbusters with pre-production, and to prove it a centerpiece at Wonderfest that year (1999 I believe) was a big display of some of the props, make-up designs, monster designs, (complete with Hunters, a massive Tyrant 002 macquette, etc.) It wasn't Romero's treatment that gave Constantin the heebie-jeebies, but the SCOPE of it. Capcom and Constantin liked the version very well, but when Romero told the production that he didn't want to turn in a cheaper version, they outright "axed" him from the project (which unfortunately included everybody involved at the time). The project was farmed out again, and in comes Anderson "to the rescue" depending on a person's viewpoint. At a Q&A discussion at another Wonderfest Romero hinted at all of this, but then Tom Savini interrupted and asked the attendees to not bring up the RE topic again...to "talk about something nicer". Who were we to argue with Sex Machine?!...lol!

Ok then. I see. So it really was a budget issue. Sad. Very sad. That they didn't want to invest that much into a multi million dollar franchise that spawned off a total of 3 movies (and possibly a 4th) Although I couldn't stand Romero's Script (and his style) I would have much rather seen Hunters and Tyrants than what I saw in the RE:Movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Romero's Resident Evil   George Romero's Resident Evil - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

George Romero's Resident Evil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2