HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
officialnathanbanks
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
officialnathanbanks

Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 1:42 am

Hey guys, first time posting so here goes Smile

I'm a massive Resident Evil fan, played them when I was younger and I still play them now. But one of my other hobbies is creating Sims 3 videos. Don't know if anyone plays The Sims, but it's a life simulation game that allows you to control "people" and basically make them do what you want haha Smile.

Here's why I'm here, for the obvious, to talk about Resident Evil. But the main reason I found this forum was because I'm looking for some feedback and opinions on a project I'm going to upload in the next month. I'm not bashing anyone here, but I'll just say my opinion. I was always pretty disappointed with the Resident Evil movies. Don't get me wrong, I do like them, they're not as awful as people say, but they're not what I expected considering I was waiting for a decent movie from the 1st game back when I first played it. Anyway, I stumbled across George A.Romero's script and thought it was a fantastic video game adaption of the 1st Resident Evil. I was annoyed it wasn't used, but what can you do? Now, this is where it gets good - I sat there and thought how can I make this work? The solution was my other hobby. The Sims 3. So I can officially announce that I have been filming the entire script from George A.Romero and transfering it visually onto a video using The Sims 3. As it's Sims, I've got to keep the Sims watchers happy as well, so I have to say that there's no voice acting, but it's not just text and a video either. Instead, the sims themselves will have voices in language that will be "simlish". You won't be able to understand it, but there's subtitles that will help. So what can I tell you? Some things AREN'T going to be EXACTLY the same, some are changed because I prefer them my way (not big things don't worry), for example:

-Not as many jokes between characters, you know what I'm talking about. The puns and the jokey-ness has been toned down because it wasn't needed.
-More of the Mansion - I found that disappearing into the Lab straight away didn't allow to fully show off the Mansion the way they should, so some scenes that take place in the Lab take place in the Mansion first. For example, the way they meet Chris will be in the Mansion instead of underground.
-No evacuation! Racoon City was evacuated straight away - this is not happening because if (a big if) I decide to make a sequel, then I'm going to the be doing the Racoon City outbreak and not have it already evacuated.

There are other changes too, these are unavoidable because there's only so much I can DO with the Sims 3.

-Not as many helicopters because they don't exist without a good download haha Smile
-Plant 42! Yes, I'm gutted, I wanted this beast in there but it won't happen. I do have a experimented plant appearing in some shape or form, but I'm making a mini-back story to it as it contains venom and does actually eat sims in the game. So I'll be using that, I've also got zombie-looking plants that are victims of the plant's venom.
-No Hunters! Sorry, again, I'm gutted but this is impossible. I can't display this on Sims 3, instead they're being replaced with the zombie-looking plants that appear so hopefully people will enjoy them Smile
-Also the sharks are being toned down, I have a shark object that's going to represent tested sharks, but they won't attack anyone or anything like that - sorry!

My goal with this? Okay, here's what the actual plan of the movie is. I want to eliminate this action persona that the Resident Evil Franchise seems to have adopted all of a sudden. It's horror...it's survival horror, which means that's how it's going to be in the movie I'm making. The zombies are going to be a huge part, they're going to be creepy, not just random dead walking things. I'm making zombies that will send shivers down your spine, the scenes in the mansion will make the hairs stand up on your neck because of the atmosphere I'm trying to create with it. I want to put the horror back in zombie movies in general because some seem to have lost it along the way.

There's a few things I need to download yet to make this perfect, but I just wanted to announce it in some shape or form and get some feedback from Resident Evil fans to see if they're looking forward to it or whether they think it would be a waste of my time? Is there anything you'd like to see? Or anything you wouldn't? Let me know guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 6:17 am

Hmm... Interesting, though I do have one question: Why not make it in The Movies, I believe it was called, where you can actually do a lot more than in Sims when actually making a, well, movie? I bet there are mods for the game too that'll give whatever you need, like character templates and such.

I get that Sims is your thing and all but The Movies would be way more versatile.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 6:30 am

Hmm... Interesting, but i agree, The Movies would be a much better outlet for this idea.

Otherwise it still sounds pretty cool, and creative. We've all been there.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 11:42 am

Moving to the movies forum.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptySat May 03, 2014 1:42 am

This does sound entertaining. Do you have a channel where you post your videos? I would like to check some out and stay updated on the progress of your RE movie.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
officialnathanbanks
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
officialnathanbanks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyMon May 05, 2014 5:00 am

Thanks for the advice Smile

I've heard lots of positive things about The Movies but I'm more confident creating it with Sims Smile I've been making sims stuff for years and years Smile.

My channel is here, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf0iDk0c4YS_BYS_XTJ6tzg

There's a few videos that I'd recommend so you can get a look at what I can do Smile One of them is one of my recent ones which was a sims version of Let it Go from Frozen Smile There's also a full Scream movie on there, which I re-shot and filmed with The Sims as well Smile.
I'll post pictures and overall updates in this thread so stay tuned Smile
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyMon May 05, 2014 9:59 am

Thanks subbed.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
officialnathanbanks
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
officialnathanbanks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! EmptyThu May 08, 2014 1:56 am

Okay thank you Smile

I'll have updates on this next week without fail Smile

There's a couple of things I need to download and a few tweaks need to be made to the Mansion and the guardhouse, but other than that the project is going pretty well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!   Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script! Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil movie made with Sims 3 using George A.Romero's script!
Page 1 of 1