HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The resident evil series have turned into action games

Go down 
+8
Ghost Leader
AzureSparkle
Mass Distraction
Ssplain
00biohazard
Valentine Fan
ThomVD
chrisredfielmusculo
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I don't mind the idea of a hand-to-hand combat system in the games, but it should be something a bit more grounded in reality and not so over the top, none of that crap like was shown in RE5 with pro wrestling moves and shit. And it should only be usable against enemies that are too close to use your weapon on.

This. The over the top moves really hurt any horror aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Hollapeno
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Hollapeno

Steam : Hollapeno

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 9:16 pm

Ssplain wrote:
This. The over the top moves really hurt any horror aspect of the game.

Definitely. They make you feel overpowered, and when you're overpowered you don't feel any fear or hesitation.

Unless you're a paranoid dictator or something lol
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 1:05 am

I think they should've just kept Kevin's kick from Outbreak and left it at that. Use the kick to push enemies away, use the knife for more damage; anything else just seems unnecessary.

I wouldn't want to punch a zombie (or make any direct skin contact) if I was holding a knife anyway, more chance of getting infected (cut hand on zombie tooth = get infected).

Also, grab zombie -> forget that I got a paper cut earlier -> get fluids on me because zombies have no hygiene -> get infected.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 5:25 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
I don't mind the idea of a hand-to-hand combat system in the games, but it should be something a bit more grounded in reality and not so over the top, none of that crap like was shown in RE5 with pro wrestling moves and shit. And it should only be usable against enemies that are too close to use your weapon on.

you pretty much have it right

just include 3 things
1 push kick,perhaps a couple of grappling moves
that can only be used when you are alone 1 on 1 with an enemy(but only the weaker ones)
and some sort of knife fighting system(doesnt need to be very complicated)
and that would be enough
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:01 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
[some sort of knife fighting system(doesnt need to be very complicated)
and that would be enough

Not complicated but not as simplistic as it is in RE4 and prior either. It's weird when you have a knife but can't stab an enemy in the head with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:25 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
and that would be enough

Not complicated but not as simplistic as it is in RE4 and prior either. It's weird when you have a knife but can't stab an enemy in the head with it.

Evil Within logic
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:18 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
and that would be enough

Evil Within logic

The sneak kills in that game are so dodgy though.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 8:15 am

In all fairness you can stab enemies in the head in REmake, in limited fashion of course.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:05 pm

I like them both equally, but you have to admit that the older games had their own share of problems as well such as tank controls and lack of proper dodging.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 5:29 pm

I enjoyed the tank controls of the older games. The game with the most fluid control IMO is Revelations though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 6:04 pm

I have no issue with the tank controls.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:09 am

To me they always felt funny to use up until 3. I'd like them better if they'd been the Revelations type.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 4:59 pm

You know what would be really intense? Fighting one of those chainsaw Ganados in the mansion with fixed camera angles! That would be hella fun.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:27 pm

That would propably be painful. I sincerely hope we'll never see a single chainsaw enemy ever again.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 5:51 pm

Ssplain wrote:
You know what would be really intense? Fighting one of those chainsaw Ganados in the mansion with fixed camera angles! That would be hella fun.
How would it be any different from other fast-moving enemies like Cerberus, Hunters, or Birkin's fourth form?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
How would it be any different from other fast-moving enemies like Cerberus, Hunters, or Birkin's fourth form?
As long as we keep our heads together, I'm sure we'll find a difference. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 9:05 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

The sound, for one, would be different. None of them sound like a chainsaw :p
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:43 am

I was able to get used to the tank controls, but what I always hated more than them were the camera angles. A good amount of them I didn't mind, but it becomes a problem when I'm not allowed to see enemies that are in front of me. Shells/Grenades/Rounds wasted because of a miss or the shot wasn't used to its full potential because of distance.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 3:54 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

How would the actual fight be different?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 5:11 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

How would the actual fight be different?

Something about loud noises make me (and many although I am not speaking for everyone) feel uncomfortable. The fact that he could be right off screen an about to cut your head off would make for one intense experience. The hunters would be the closest to replicating how I imagine it would be. The Cerberus are hardly a threat and Birkin, well he is so large he is very easy to keep up with. Not to mention you are well stocked on ammo by that point, very well stocked.

Also from my own experience, I have been 1 shot by the chainsaw Ganados far more than the hunters out of any game. While hunters are a very large threat, something about the chainsaw is just so menacing.

My idea lies in the intensity of the fight, not the actual mechanics of the fight itself.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 6:54 pm

I played Biohazard HD and RE4 hd recently, 2 of the best games of the franchise according to a lot of people. The main difference (besides the obvious camera and shooting) is that in RE4 i was fighting waves of enemies so i could get through, in REmake it was more about "where the hell is this key?" and "how do I use this item?" and trying to get a headshot to avoid crimson heads, etc etc. I won't try and defend or attack one or the other, but that's the main difference for me
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 7:02 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I played Biohazard HD and RE4 hd recently, 2 of the best games of the franchise according to a lot of people. The main difference (besides the obvious camera and shooting) is that in RE4 i was fighting waves of enemies so i could get through, in REmake it was more about "where the hell is this key?" and "how do I use this item?" and trying to get a headshot to avoid crimson heads, etc etc. I won't try and defend or attack one or the other, but that's the main difference for me

in my opinion I don't think resident evil 4
was that far from being a horror game,it had good moments and a good
athmosphere
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The resident evil series have turned into action games    The resident evil series have turned into action games  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The resident evil series have turned into action games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2