HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?

Go down 
+2
37 Narwhals
Jamesy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? Empty
PostSubject: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Resident evil 1 remake is a very good game but that's not the point of this thread.

Did anyone notice how different weskers personality/persona seemed in re1 remake compared to re0, re5, re4, code veronica and umbrella chronicles?  Maybe it was because of different voice acting?  When it comes to wesker we usually see a an evil calculating cool blooded mastermind with an English accent.  Yet in the re1 remake he has an American accent and just seems like a regular kind of guy you would meet down the bar.

Anyone observe his different personality in that one game?  Maybe CAPCOM were trying to experiment with re1 and 0 what personality they wanted for wesker and chose re0 as the personality they wanted to stick with for wesker in future games?  I dunno scratch
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Although he is acting differently, I don't see it as a personality change really, in Remake we only got to see him from the perspective of Chris/Jill and he seemed very dismissive and secretive. In the other games he's no longer pretending to be your ally, so he has less reason to put on an act.

He seemed different to me in RE5 though, he got loud and cocky in that one.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:48 pm

He seemed different to me in RE5 though, he got loud and cocky in that one.[/quote]

Well he was on the verge of world domination
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 5:48 pm

the one thing I really dislike about RE0, is that if you're a newcomer to the story you can't start by playing that game because they tell you right away that Wesker is with Umbrella and his plan is to lure the starts members into the mansion.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:00 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
the one thing I really dislike about RE0, is that if you're a newcomer to the story you can't start by playing that game because they tell you right away that Wesker is with Umbrella and his plan is to lure the starts members into the mansion.

RECV and 5 also make it pretty obvious that he betrayed you.

Jamesy wrote:

True, I just found it odd, he was always somewhat stoic before then.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:07 pm

37 Narwhals wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

RECV and 5 also make it pretty obvious that he betrayed you.

well, but if you play those games it is obvious that you played the previous ones. re0 is the first of them all canonically, but if you play it first then RE1 is completely spoiled
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 5:09 pm

Well you could say the reason he was acting normal in REmake is because he was along with STARS, so he obviously had to blend in with STARS, the real side of Wesker is the one in Code Veronica imo.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:03 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? Comple10
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 am

It's not just Wesker, nobody is the same anymore. Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, and Wesker have all changed over the years. It's a combination of different motion capture actors, voice actors, and writers. The characters can't remain consistent if the people who work on them aren't consistent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?   Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why did capcom fumble with weskers character in the re1 remake?
Page 1 of 1