Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Chris and Wesker EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Chris and Wesker EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Chris and Wesker EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Chris and Wesker EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Chris and Wesker EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Chris and Wesker EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Chris and Wesker EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Chris and Wesker EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Chris and Wesker EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Chris and Wesker

Go down 
+4
PWNERX
37 Narwhals
DampRevil
MSR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:15 pm

What are your opinions on the Chris/Wesker relationship?
"Okay, so from Wesker's Report 1 and his RE1 dialogue, he planned to fake his death, have the Tyrant get to the remaining STARS member, take the combat data, presumably get the Tyrant contained again (he mentions that he "lost the Tyrant" in the clip where Chris blows it up like it was something he really needed), and then sell the Tyrant and the combat data to get into a rival company.

Originally, I'm guessing he hates Chris, because he (somehow) knows that Chris blew it up. Thus he would have nothing worth selling his way into an opposing company...

Then comes UC... Where Wesker isn't even going after Tyrant's combat data (and that the RE1 tyrant was already obsolete), he's going after Umbrella's database or something. In that case it was Sergei who ruined his plans by blocking access to it, and he got his revenge later on. Nothing Chris did seemed to directly interfere with that plan Originally I thought it might have been because STARS still survived (although I don't see how he would hate Chris for that), but considering how he talks about meeting with Chris and Jill again midway through the scenario it doesn't seem like he expected them to die to begin with. Actually, the whole "faking his death" thing seems to depend on at least one member surviving, because otherwise there's no other logical explanation behind it... 

UC retconned a couple of things sure, and there was a good excuse considering RECV came out long before UC did. But RE5's coming out and they're still milking the Wesker-hating-Chris relationship which, from my point of view, doesn't seem to make sense anymore...  ... I mean, why doesn't he obsess over, say, Jill or Rebecca as well? "

Our names look so patriotic. *salutes*

"
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:41 pm

The Spike wrote:
What are your opinions on the Chris/Wesker relationship?
"Okay, so from Wesker's Report 1 and his RE1 dialogue, he planned to fake his death, have the Tyrant get to the remaining STARS member, take the combat data, presumably get the Tyrant contained again (he mentions that he "lost the Tyrant" in the clip where Chris blows it up like it was something he really needed), and then sell the Tyrant and the combat data to get into a rival company.

Originally, I'm guessing he hates Chris, because he (somehow) knows that Chris blew it up. Thus he would have nothing worth selling his way into an opposing company...

Wesker's Report was confirmed to not be canon to the series. So that means anything that is mentioned in those reports aren't true. I don't believe Wesker hates Chris because he stopped his plans. According to the Archive books that Capcom wrote, Jill is the one who ruined Wesker's plans and killed the Tyrant, not Chris. However, many people say the Archive books aren't a reliable source of information.

The Spike wrote:
Then comes UC... Where Wesker isn't even going after Tyrant's combat data (and that the RE1 tyrant was already obsolete), he's going after Umbrella's database or something. In that case it was Sergei who ruined his plans by blocking access to it, and he got his revenge later on. Nothing Chris did seemed to directly interfere with that plan Originally I thought it might have been because STARS still survived (although I don't see how he would hate Chris for that), but considering how he talks about meeting with Chris and Jill again midway through the scenario it doesn't seem like he expected them to die to begin with. Actually, the whole "faking his death" thing seems to depend on at least one member surviving, because otherwise there's no other logical explanation behind it... 
Wesker probably did expect Chris and Jill to die in the mansion, but since they didn't, he was probably simply stating that he couldn't wait to meet them again. I believe Wesker faked his death to have a clean get away. That and he wanted to die so the T-virus would re-animate him with super human abilities.

The Spike wrote:
UC retconned a couple of things sure, and there was a good excuse considering RECV came out long before UC did. But RE5's coming out and they're still milking the Wesker-hating-Chris relationship which, from my point of view, doesn't seem to make sense anymore...  ... I mean, why doesn't he obsess over, say, Jill or Rebecca as well? "
"
I believe Wesker hates Chris more than anyone simply because he views Chris as a threat. Chris survived the Mansion and then survived Rockford Island (which he fought Wesker and sorta won). Wesker probably thought that if anyone was going to stop him, it'd be Chris. Which probably explain his hatred for him.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 7:35 pm

I like to think that it's because Chris hurt his feelings in this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a41TAy7RfVI&feature=player_detailpage#t=47

I didn't play much of the Chronicles games so I don't know if they provide abetter reason why he particularly hates Chris.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 8:36 pm

To answer this question, the Chronicles games are the originals, but watered down to rail shooters that are missing 3/4's of the story. So no.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 4:51 am

DampRevil wrote:
Wesker's Report was confirmed to not be canon to the series.
You mean the first one? Because I'm fairly certain that it becoming obsolete with misinformation was the reason they remade it into the 10th anniversary edition.

PWNERX wrote:
To answer this question, the Chronicles games are the originals, but watered down to rail shooters that are missing 3/4's of the story. So no.
But... That doesn't answer anything? There isn't even a clear answer to be sought for as the question was "what is your opinion?"
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 10:40 am

Wesker is secretly in love with Chris and he just wants to get Jill out of the way. Clearly.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

You mean the first one? Because I'm fairly certain that it becoming obsolete with misinformation was the reason they remade it into the 10th anniversary edition.
Well I didn't even know they remade it. The last time I heard anything about Wesker's Report was when Capcom said it wasn't canon, I haven't kept up with it since then. But now I know that the information in the 10th anniversary edition is correct.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
DampRevil wrote:
Wesker's Report was confirmed to not be canon to the series.

PWNERX wrote:
But... That doesn't answer anything? There isn't even a clear answer to be sought for as the question was "what is your opinion?"

You always mention this 10th Anniversery re-release or remake of the Wesker's Report, but I still have not seen one ounce of proof that it even exists.

Vandal wrote:
Wesker is secretly in love with Chris and he just wants to get Jill out of the way. Clearly.

Bingo.
Chris and Wesker Wesker_loves_chris_pg_3_by_xxxkaraxxx-d42ecgm_zps029c4c5e

Chris and Wesker Wesker_loves_chris_pg_4_by_xxxkaraxxx-d42ecgz_zps9872651a
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 4:02 pm

^I think that sums it up perfectly.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 2:48 pm

W: "I TURNED EXCELLA DOWN BECAUSE OF YOU!"
C: "That's a little weird."
A little? Really? lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chris and Wesker Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chris and Wesker   Chris and Wesker Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris and Wesker
Page 1 of 1