HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
biohazardinyourface
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
biohazardinyourface

Playstation Network Butt_Burglar

Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) Empty
PostSubject: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Does anyone else agree with me when I say Chris and Sheva against Wesker is a fight that should've fairly easily gone to Wesker?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:41 am

biohazardinyourface wrote:
Does anyone else agree with me when I say Chris and Sheva against Wesker is a fight that should've fairly easily gone to Wesker?

I agree, it wasn't the fight it should have been.

Firstly, Wesker was completely and overly exagerated in RE5, in every way possible.

Wesker was overatted, overpopular, and just completely not the character we knew and loved. He was a lab rat, turned STARS Captain(not earned, but given to him), then he got the superhuman powers.

That was all cool. RE5 Wesker all of a sudden was some kind of martial arts, and gymnastics master. Doing all kinds of slow-mo barrel rolls and backflips and sommersaults to avoid bullets, that's stupid, especially coming from his character.

So yes, not what it should have been. In addition to his role being exagerated, Sheva ruined it in her own ways too.

Chris is exactly how he should have been I expect. I mean, he seemed to develop naturally, character wise. The voice, personality, goals, etc, were all there.

Obviously Wesker, if having the virus in check, is completely and undeniably faster and stronger. He is probably smarter, intelligence wise, but not as much, combat wise, than Chris.

What everyone probably expected was Chris & Wesker would go one on one, Wesker would underestimate and indeed play around. Even so, Chris would cleverly take advantage and pick up the win. That's pretty much what should have happened.

Take CVX's ending, and make it 10 times better, that's what RE5 should have been, or at least the conclusion of the Redfield/Wesker fued.
Back to top Go down
biohazardinyourface
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
biohazardinyourface

PostSubject: Re: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:13 am

Spike991 wrote:

I agree, it wasn't the fight it should have been.

Firstly, Wesker was completely and overly exagerated in RE5, in every way possible.

Wesker was overatted, overpopular, and just completely not the character we knew and loved. He was a lab rat, turned STARS Captain(not earned, but given to him), then he got the superhuman powers.

That was all cool. RE5 Wesker all of a sudden was some kind of martial arts, and gymnastics master. Doing all kinds of slow-mo barrel rolls and backflips and sommersaults to avoid bullets, that's stupid, especially coming from his character.

So yes, not what it should have been. In addition to his role being exagerated, Sheva ruined it in her own ways too.

Chris is exactly how he should have been I expect. I mean, he seemed to develop naturally, character wise. The voice, personality, goals, etc, were all there.

Obviously Wesker, if having the virus in check, is completely and undeniably faster and stronger. He is probably smarter, intelligence wise, but not as much, combat wise, than Chris.

What everyone probably expected was Chris & Wesker would go one on one, Wesker would underestimate and indeed play around. Even so, Chris would cleverly take advantage and pick up the win. That's pretty much what should have happened.

Take CVX's ending, and make it 10 times better, that's what RE5 should have been, or at least the conclusion of the Redfield/Wesker fued.

Well all the S.T.A.R.S knew some form of martial arts or hand-to-hand combat, and after he got his powers the jumping and rolling and flipping isn't all that far fetched given how fast he is. I was referring more to the outcome of the fight than Wesker himself, even with Sheva common sense would dictate the fight ending in at least a tie.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Well all the S.T.A.R.S knew some form of martial arts or hand-to-hand combat, and after he got his powers the jumping and rolling and flipping isn't all that far fetched given how fast he is.

I'm sure most, probably not all, were familiar with some type of hand to hand stuff, perhaps just disarming, defense tactics. Wesker though, I was sure to put how he didn't earn his position, wasn't in the same kind of position to know the types of things the others did.

What I mean by this is that he was a lab rat, a scientist, researcher, etc. There was nothing athletic about his job whatsoever.

He was given the role of STARS Captain, as Umbrella had their reach on the Chief Of Police, Brian Irons. Wesker didn't have years of training, no physical attributes on par with any of the other STARS members.

In fact, other than Rebecca, he was no doubt the most inexperienced member.

My point being that the BS you see him doing in RE5 was unwarranted, didn't make any sense, and the only reason it was there, was not because it fit his character and it was a natural development, but because Capcom wanted him to do martial arts and gymnastics stuff, in addition to wearing all leather and a black trenchcoat. No doubt to get that Matrix feel.

That is not cool. If they wanted that stuff in the series, they should have started a new character with it, not toss it all onto an already existed and established character.

I was referring more to the outcome of the fight than Wesker himself, even with Sheva common sense would dictate the fight ending in at least a tie.

I'm sure it wouldn't have ended like it did. I didn't expect Wesker to be stupid and cover himself with Uroboros, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
biohazardinyourface
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
biohazardinyourface

PostSubject: Re: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Well all the S.T.A.R.S knew some form of martial arts or hand-to-hand combat, and after he got his powers the jumping and rolling and flipping isn't all that far fetched given how fast he is.

I'm sure most, probably not all, were familiar with some type of hand to hand stuff, perhaps just disarming, defense tactics. Wesker though, I was sure to put how he didn't earn his position, wasn't in the same kind of position to know the types of things the others did.

What I mean by this is that he was a lab rat, a scientist, researcher, etc. There was nothing athletic about his job whatsoever.

He was given the role of STARS Captain, as Umbrella had their reach on the Chief Of Police, Brian Irons. Wesker didn't have years of training, no physical attributes on par with any of the other STARS members.

In fact, other than Rebecca, he was no doubt the most inexperienced member.

My point being that the BS you see him doing in RE5 was unwarranted, didn't make any sense, and the only reason it was there, was not because it fit his character and it was a natural development, but because Capcom wanted him to do martial arts and gymnastics stuff, in addition to wearing all leather and a black trenchcoat. No doubt to get that Matrix feel.

That is not cool. If they wanted that stuff in the series, they should have started a new character with it, not toss it all onto an already existed and established character.

I was referring more to the outcome of the fight than Wesker himself, even with Sheva common sense would dictate the fight ending in at least a tie.

I'm sure it wouldn't have ended like it did. I didn't expect Wesker to be stupid and cover himself with Uroboros, that's for sure.

Actually Wesker was in pretty good physical shape along with the other S.T.A.R.S members, and according to the accounts of the upbringing of all the Wesker Children in the RE5 history files, they were not only intellectually well funded and sharpened, but they were kept in peak physical conditioning. And he wasn't "given" his position in S.T.A.R.S, he joined legitimately and was thereafter promoted to leader of the Alpha team because of his connections and status with Umbrella. Also, as you can see by his survival throughout the first game before his death at the hands of the Tyrant, he is clearly much more experienced than the other S.T.A.R.S members, managing to not only conspire and assassinate behind the curtain, but endure the creatures if the mansion and labs underneath without back-up. That is clearly evidence that he was not only in good shape, but a natural at gunplay and fighting in general.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Actually Wesker was in pretty good physical shape along with the other S.T.A.R.S members, and according to the accounts of the upbringing of all the Wesker Children in the RE5 history files, they were not only intellectually well funded and sharpened, but they were kept in peak physical conditioning. And he wasn't "given" his position in S.T.A.R.S, he joined legitimately and was thereafter promoted to leader of the Alpha team because of his connections and status with Umbrella. Also, as you can see by his survival throughout the first game before his death at the hands of the Tyrant, he is clearly much more experienced than the other S.T.A.R.S members, managing to not only conspire and assassinate behind the curtain, but endure the creatures if the mansion and labs underneath without back-up. That is clearly evidence that he was not only in good shape, but a natural at gunplay and fighting in general.

I'm not saying he was a lard ass, just that as far as physical training went, he wasn't a hardened ex-special forces guy. He didn't have SWAT or even police officer experience. He was a scientist. That's not to say he was puny, but he was far less capable than someone like Chris. Less experience than someone like Barry, Forest, Richard, etc.

As far as the Wesker Children stuff goes, I hated it. That's not to say I don't acknowledge it, but even so, comparing someone like him to Chris, there is no comparision.

He was absolutely GIVEN the postion in STARS. It was founded with him as Captain. It says so in the RE5 History Of Resident Evil File. He didn't work as a Police Officer for years, then work his way up to being Captain, didn't happen. Somebody like Kevin Ryman(RPD member from Outbreak) failed the test to become a STARS member, twice. Somebody like him has more experience than Wesker.

His "survival"? What exactly does that entail? I mean, he was working behind the scenes the whole time. He knew his way around the mansion, probably had ways of unlocking doors(Master Key), knew secret passages, etc. He also knew about the BOWs, and was aware of what they were and possibly how to avoid, maybe weakness(which others didn't as they were encountering them for the first time), but that certainly doesn't make him any more capable physically.

Oh, and regarding his position in STARS, he was PLACED there, and GIVEN the role he had, as Umbrella wanted their people in the police department. I don't remember exactly how it was put, but he mentions that in the Wesker's Report as well.

Just because he was an average size guy who was fit doesn't make his acrobatic stuff that was just spontaneously thown onto his character with RE5 logical.

Being intelligent doesn't mean you all of a sudden know all kinds of gymnastics and martial arts techniques.

Seeing him jump onto the ceiling and stick up there like a damn insect isn't something we should see from him. Then jumping down and knocking Chris down with an almost, breakdance style move. Completely innappropriate.

Natural at gunplay and fighting? Well I'm pretty good with a gun, no marksman, but that isn't anything special.

Fighting, well I don't know what would imply he was a naturally gifted fighter before his backflips and sommersaults, and slowmotion backflips to avoid bullets in RE5. As I said, he was a scientist, I doubt he got into too many fist fights working at Arklay.

He could easily handle Chris in CVX, with the help of strenght and agility. Fair enough. Especially since he moved like he should.

If it were Jean Claude Van Damme with superhuman strenght and agility, I would buy the moves we see in RE5. When it's Wesker, it's just unfitting.

Allow me to also direct you do the thread I made regarding this matter, especially for situations like this, 3rd post from the top:

http://www.residentevilforums.net/t2593-spike-s-rants-not-up-for-debate

And one more thing.

Obviously the moves we see from him in RE5 aren't a natural development of his character. Those are things that were added in, in RE5, along with little things like the trenchoat(which first appeared in UC), with an all black leather outfit. Very Matrix-like, and that is exactly what they were going for.

They took his character, exagerated certain things, like personality traits and style, and really took it all in another direction.

You can try to look for some logic behind why he is the way he is in RE5, and there's no character development to explain it away. It's something that was added in for reasons like, Capcom thought it would be cool and everyone would creme their pants watching someone dashing around and doing backlips and barrel rolls in slow motion to avoid bullets. Complete bullshit.

And as far as a one on one goes with Chris and Wesker. Hand to hand, I already mentioned how that would and should've gone done. But I do like to think what it would be like, if Chris was carrying a fully automatic gun. How about a mini gun?

Wesker was dashing to the sides to avoid bullets, that's cool, that's realistic, but I wonder what a machine gun would do?

Surely he wouldn't be alble to dodge all of those, and would take quite a few bullets. He still felt pain. He healed quicker than normal, but if something took his head off, he'd be done.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:12 pm

Yup I do wonder how the first planned RE wouldve turned out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)   Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been) Empty

Back to top Go down

Wesker Vs Chris+Sheva (How It Should've Been)
Page 1 of 1