Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Views on RE5! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Views on RE5! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Views on RE5! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Views on RE5! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Views on RE5! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Views on RE5! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Views on RE5! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Views on RE5!

Go down 
+11
Juzie
treecko1111
toddx77
37 Narwhals
Mass Distraction
Industrial Ridden
Vandal
Ssplain
Shrike
Nobudy
Jamesy
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 pm

After playing RE5 numerous times throughout the years found that up until the you battle a 'controlled by Wesker' Jill Valentine most of the game is quite boring.  The best parts in my opinion is when you board the tanker and fight Albert Wesker. So the game builds memento towards the end.  On a side note I actually thought that RE4 in contrast lost memento in the later parts of the game when you go to the island to rescue Ashley but the castle and village stages were a stroke of genius.  Although the part where you fight Jack Krausher was interesting.  Overall I enjoyed RE4 much more than RE5.

In my view the main storyline mode in RE5 is quite mediocre in quality but I think all the extra content and unlockables make the game 'great'.  Lost in Nightmares was not really that good (not long enough and not enough enemies) but I thought the mansion was cool.  Desperate Escape was WAY to short and pointless.

Do you guys share my views on RE5?  I suspect Capcom were trying to compensate for the 'not great' main storyline by releasing Gold Edition with all the extra content.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:39 pm

I like all of the game I've played equally (Well maybe except 0. I wish shotguns, grenade launchers, and the grapple gun didn't take 2 slots.) I know that no story is perfect, but I still enjoyed 5' story. When a Big Bad like Wesker is doing what he's doing, he, like Chris said, needed to be stopped there and now.

Four's shifted memento can be justified in-universe because Leon was going against enemies with literal guns this time and better training, defense, and equipment. Plus, they were the Army Saddler was going to use for his "Plan B" in case Ashley died or was rescued so it makes sense for them to be more action-hardened.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Nobudy wrote:
I like all of the game I've played equally (Well maybe except 0. I wish shotguns, grenade launchers, and the grapple gun didn't take 2 slots.) I know that no story is perfect, but I still enjoyed 5' story. When a Big Bad like Wesker is doing what he's doing, he, like Chris said, needed to be stopped there and now.

Four's shifted memento can be justified in-universe because Leon was going against enemies with literal guns this time and better training, defense, and equipment. Plus, they were the Army Saddler was going to use for his "Plan B" in case Ashley died or was rescued so it makes sense for them to be more action-hardened.

Each to there own I guess. The most boring part of RE5 was when you escape the fortress with Josh and Sheva:sleep: . My favourite bit of the game is when you fight wesker on the plane Razz 
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:03 pm

The story of RE5 cannot be compared to RE4 because RE4 has no story. Saving the kidnapped president's daughter by a random idiot plot is by far the worst RE storyline.

I don't think RE5 is boring up until that part. Sure, RE4 is better (like you said, RE4's chapter on the island is pretty bad, but the village and the castle chapters were great), but RE5 wasn't bad, generally looking. I actually dislike most of the tanker places in RE5 though, so I dunno.

I think 5 had bad atmosphere and it was kind of all over the place, that's probably why you didn't like it. As a RE game, I dislike it myself, but as a game generally? It's great. It has good gameplay, amazing graphics, fantastic mechanics (best in any of the latter RE titles, actually, and that includes 4, 5, 6 and Rev), and an okay plot. The difficulties are well balanced, and there is a lot to play through.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:09 pm

I did enjoy five. There are many things I did not like about the game but overall I had a good time playing it through. The second time around it was very boring though. It was not horror so the slow parts of the game felt very, very slow. The story was mediocre, but could have been much worse. I enjoyed how it tied in to the progenitor and I also really enjoyed the labs. I was madly addicted to the Mercenaries for about a month as well. My rating...

6/10
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Shrike wrote:
The story of RE5 cannot be compared to RE4 because RE4 has no story. Saving the kidnapped president's daughter by a random idiot plot is by far the worst RE storyline.

I don't think RE5 is boring up until that part. Sure, RE4 is better (like you said, RE4's chapter on the island is pretty bad, but the village and the castle chapters were great), but RE5 wasn't bad, generally looking. I actually dislike most of the tanker places in RE5 though, so I dunno.

I think 5 had bad atmosphere and it was kind of all over the place, that's probably why you didn't like it. As a RE game, I dislike it myself, but as a game generally? It's great. It has good gameplay, amazing graphics, fantastic mechanics (best in any of the latter RE titles, actually, and that includes 4, 5, 6 and Rev), and an okay plot. The difficulties are well balanced, and there is a lot to play through.

Speaking of RE6 I think it was a confusing and over the top mess of a game but that said I didn't think RE5 was a better game than 6 at all. I may be in the minority but I enjoyed chris redfields story in that game most because the relationship between chris and piers was interesting. I enjoyed leon's story the least and jakes campaign could be fun at times (especially when fending of Utensink)

I also think that RE6 was a better game than RE5 despite what the critics think.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 8:41 pm

Resident Evil 5 is fun. It's Resident Evil 4 with multiplayer. Which game is better? Resident Evil 4. By far. Who gives a shit about story? I don't play Resident Evil for the narrative. I play Resident Evil for the experience. Resident Evil 6 was a horrible experience with a story so confusing it's like a highschooler wrote the script, fed it through a shredder, and tried to piece it back together.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Vandal wrote:
Resident Evil 6 was a horrible experience with a story so confusing it's like a highschooler wrote the script, fed it through a shredder, and tried to piece it back together.
While you're still entitled to your own opinion, the story's weird I'll say. And it definitely has its stupid points. Leon's over-affection of Ada clouding his judgement, Chris and Piers not shooting Ada multiple times (One is justified since Leon's horny self stopped Chris one time), Sherry's case of "Forgot about her powers". And Ada's cockiness counts. The more I think about it though, Ada's the catalyst of RE6's plot. Had Ada not made a partnership with Simmons, he never would have used Carla to "replicate" Ada. And Carla wouldn't have become ax-crazy with the C-Virus. The game's still enjoyable, but I'm one of those types who over-analyzes various plots.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:21 pm

I feel like re6 used the plot (lol) to reinforce gameplay and visual effects instead of using plot to reinforce the story development within the RE Universe. RE5 mostly avoided this approach and that is something I can be greatful for.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:00 pm

I love RE5 for many reasons and it will forever be a part of my top 5 RE games of all time. Unless a few lucky ones come out of their hiding spots and wipe it from my list!
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I feel like re6 used the plot (lol) to reinforce gameplay and visual effects instead of using plot to reinforce the story development within the RE Universe. RE5 mostly avoided this approach and that is something I can be greatful for.
As I always say, There's always something better. But there's always something worse. Most likely, you'll be dealing with whatever's worse.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 am

Resident Evil 6 may have been more goofy than RE5 but had it less 'boring' parts than RE5 did.  Unlike RE5 the game had amazing environments for you to play in.

Still though RE6 was disappointing but was overall a more entertaining game than 5. RE5 focused more on story than interesting environments The beauty of games like RE4, RE2 and RE3 and RE1 remake is that they both have great environments with great storylines. Okay so saving the presidents daughter is cheesy but there was something fun about countering all the traps that los illuminados tried to set up for you and Ashley in the castle and the village. The story may have been silly but I think it worked very well.Smile 

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:22 am

I enjoyed 5 enough for it to be my third favorite title in the series. It's also my most replayed RE along with the original and 2. I still think it has the best story out of all RE games. Two major antagonists dead, a new one revealed, Jill presumed dead... It's just full on awesome. Co-op was a fun addition when I could finally experience my favorite game series together with my friends. The sheer replay value is amazing and they further added to it with the extra chapters and Mercenaries Reunion, though I never cared for the versus modes. I'd give it 9/10.

Jamesy wrote:
The most boring part of RE5 was when you escape the fortress with Josh and Sheva Sleep
If you're talking about Desperate Escape, it was Josh and Jill.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 5:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I enjoyed 5 enough for it to be my third favorite title in the series. It's also my most replayed RE along with the original and 2. I still think it has the best story out of all RE games. Two major antagonists dead, a new one revealed, Jill presumed dead... It's just full on awesome. Co-op was a fun addition when I could finally experience my favorite game series together with my friends. The sheer replay value is amazing and they further added to it with the extra chapters and Mercenaries Reunion, though I never cared for the versus modes. I'd give it 9/10.

Jamesy wrote:
The most boring part of RE5 was when you escape the fortress with Josh and Sheva Sleep
If you're talking about Desperate Escape, it was Josh and Jill.

No I mean this part of the game just before you battle irving

the parts of the game based in the shanty town were uninteresting.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:04 am

Jamesy wrote:
Resident Evil 6 may have been more goofy than RE5 but had it less 'boring' parts than RE5 did.  Unlike RE5 the game had amazing environments for you to play in.

Still though RE6 was disappointing but was overall a more entertaining game than 5.  RE5 focused more on story than interesting environments  The beauty of games like RE4, RE2 and RE3 and RE1 remake is that they both have great environments with great storylines.  Okay so saving the presidents daughter is cheesy but there was something fun about countering all the traps that los illuminados tried to set up for you and Ashley in the castle and the village.  The story may have been silly but I think it worked very well.Smile 

I agree with you on this. RE6 was less boring than 5, but in 5 you actually cared about what was going on so it made up for the boringness. RE4 was cheesy, but it was such a good game it didn't even matter. The characters in the game were very interesting IMO. You had the Los Illuminados cult, Leon going in alone(for the most part), and Wesker's group working behind the scenes. It was just a lot of fun, regardless of the cheese.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:20 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Resident Evil 6 was a horrible experience with a story so confusing it's like a highschooler wrote the script, fed it through a shredder, and tried to piece it back together.
While you're still entitled to your own opinion, the story's weird I'll say. And it definitely has its stupid points. Leon's over-affection of Ada clouding his judgement, Chris and Piers not shooting Ada multiple times (One is justified since Leon's horny self stopped Chris one time), Sherry's case of "Forgot about her powers". And Ada's cockiness counts. The more I think about it though, Ada's the catalyst of RE6's plot. Had Ada not made a partnership with Simmons, he never would have used Carla to "replicate" Ada. And Carla wouldn't have become ax-crazy with the C-Virus. The game's still enjoyable, but I'm one of those types who over-analyzes various plots.
What the hell was Ada's motive to begin with? I must have asked this everywhere, I have no idea. Why did she save Jake and Sherry? Why? Why was she helping Leon and Helena? It made no sense. Why did she do anything?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:37 am

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
What the hell was Ada's motive to begin with? I must have asked this everywhere, I have no idea. Why did she save Jake and Sherry? Why? Why was she helping Leon and Helena? It made no sense. Why did she do anything?
My thoughts exactly. All Ada really did was indirectly risk 7 billion lives (had it not been for Chris and Piers) due to her own selfish motives that we STILL don't know about after 15 years. What's the point of bringing her in when we'll have more questions than answers? If she appears in RE7, they better kill her off so Leon can get on with his life, or they could tell us her motive, and then kill her off. This is why I have problems playing Ada's scenarios. What am I playing for? What's my goal? She didn't even get an epilogue.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:42 am

Agreed, this her campaign was a waste of space, they could have used all that memroy to make the other campaigns look less muddy, or focused their efforts elsewhere to make the gameplay better. Sure they explained some things in othe campaigns, but never something important. Like why that chainsaw guy lande in front of Jake and Sherry. That didn't need to be explained at all. What does need to be explained is the why.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:12 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Still though RE6 was disappointing but was overall a more entertaining game than 5.  RE5 focused more on story than interesting environments  The beauty of games like RE4, RE2 and RE3 and RE1 remake is that they both have great environments with great storylines.  Okay so saving the presidents daughter is cheesy but there was something fun about countering all the traps that los illuminados tried to set up for you and Ashley in the castle and the village.  The story may have been silly but I think it worked very well.Smile 

I agree with you on this. RE6 was less boring than 5, but in 5 you actually cared about what was going on so it made up for the boringness. RE4 was cheesy, but it was such a good game it didn't even matter. The characters in the game were very interesting IMO. You had the Los Illuminados cult, Leon going in alone(for the most part), and Wesker's group working behind the scenes. It was just a lot of fun, regardless of the cheese.

RE5 kicked RE4 and RE6's ass in terms of the amount of extra content that you could unlock. Surprised that RE6 did not have more unlockable's? Maybe that's because the main storylines in RE6 were so long that Capcom could not fit a ton of extra features in the game?

In my opinion all the unloackable bonus features in RE5 overshadowed the main storyline to a degree.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:45 pm

A lot of Resident Evil 5's content you had to buy. Two extra chapters more mini games? All of that for $20 more. Resident Evil 4 had an extra full length campaign, an Ada mini game, and mercenaries, you didn't have to pay for any of that.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:50 pm

It's cute when people talk about paying. It doesn't matter about the unlockables, RE4 > RE5 >>>>>>>>>> shit >>>>>> RE6.

That's a bit of overreacting, but still.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm

It seemse Resident Evil really is… Degenerating.

YEAHHHHHHH!!!
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Vandal wrote:
A lot of Resident Evil 5's content you had to buy. Two extra chapters more mini games? All of that for $20 more. Resident Evil 4 had an extra full length campaign, an Ada mini game, and mercenaries, you didn't have to pay for any of that.

Exactly! RE4 was before the DLC frenzy. They put more care into the unlockable content and we did not have to pay extra for any of it. Better quality at a better price. DLC does not help the consumer.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:16 pm

Vandal wrote:

Did it occur to you that you can get the extra stuff for FREE on gold edition?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Did it occur to you that you can get the extra stuff for FREE on gold edition?
Gold Edition came out a year after Resident Evil 5 came out. A lot of people didn't buy Gold Edition first, and instead of spending $50 for the same disc and more extras it's cheaper to buy the $20 DLC pack. Or, are you that self centered that, that didn't even cross your mind?

Edit: Also, don't get smart with me. I taught you how to download gold edition. You think I'm oblivious to that? Fuck you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Views on RE5! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! Empty

Back to top Go down

Views on RE5!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next