Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Views on RE5!

Go down 
+11
Juzie
treecko1111
toddx77
37 Narwhals
Mass Distraction
Industrial Ridden
Vandal
Ssplain
Shrike
Nobudy
Jamesy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Views on RE5! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:36 am

My opinion is boring storyline for the most part but things get exciting towards the end.

Best characters

Albert Wesker
Chris Redfield
Jill Valentine
Excelia gionne

Worst characters
Irving
Sheva
Josh (the worst out of all)
Spencer ( yes he does count)

I mention Spencer because he sounds like a jibbering old fool in the flashbacks.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:04 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I mention Spencer because he sounds like a jibbering old fool in the flashbacks.
Exhibit #1 in the classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. lol! 
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 12:58 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Who is the 1st?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Who is the 1st?
Views on RE5! - Page 4 Joke_over_your_head

That should answer your question. Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:13 am

toddx77 wrote:
Well by QTE saving you I mean how if you get attacked you can do one to take less damage.  Like how in the hold game if a zombie or BOW got ahold of you then usually you would have to take the damage and let them attack you unlike now you can usually do a QTE and get them off you.  Maybe it is nothing but for me it makes things a little less scary because if a BOW attacks me I know QTE could help me a bit and maybe do damage.
It's still not all that different to the old games. In those you could just mash the buttons on your controller and if done fast enough you took practically no damage, sometimes even killing a zombie or making it fall to the ground. Then there's the dodge move RE3 introduced that, if done right, could save you from practically anything.

I would still love to have a game with less QTEs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 8:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
toddx77 wrote:
Well by QTE saving you I mean how if you get attacked you can do one to take less damage.  Like how in the hold game if a zombie or BOW got ahold of you then usually you would have to take the damage and let them attack you unlike now you can usually do a QTE and get them off you.  Maybe it is nothing but for me it makes things a little less scary because if a BOW attacks me I know QTE could help me a bit and maybe do damage.
It's still not all that different to the old games. In those you could just mash the buttons on your controller and if done fast enough you took practically no damage, sometimes even killing a zombie or making it fall to the ground. Then there's the dodge move RE3 introduced that, if done right, could save you from practically anything.

Especially in Code Veronica and 0.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Patrick Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
toddx77 wrote:

I think QTEs work to a certain degree. If you had to let enemies finish their attacks, you would spend an awful amount of time just waiting when there are so many enemies involved as in RE 5. After 87 times, it is somehow no longer as scary as it was the first 10 times. I am not a big fan of insta-death-if-failed-QTEs however.
QTEs were overdone in Code Veronica, after a while they were just annoying. Haven't played Zero yet, just read about the plot on res.evilwiki. Is it any good? Seems to draw quite a lot of flak.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:05 pm

If you ask me, RE0 is my least favorite main series game not because of the story, but because of gameplay mechanics. I was just glad we finally got a more proper dodging system in 6 rather than pressing a button and hoping for a dodge.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 2:38 am

@Patrick: You could read Zer0 as a book first and then judge if you want to play the game. I personally would like to play the game, if only I had a Gamecube/Wii.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 5:47 am

Patrick Wesker wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
toddx77 wrote:

I think QTEs work to a certain degree. If you had to let enemies finish their attacks, you would spend an awful amount of time just waiting when there are so many enemies involved as in RE 5. After 87 times, it is somehow no longer as scary as it was the first 10 times. I am not a big fan of insta-death-if-failed-QTEs however.
QTEs were overdone in Code Veronica, after a while they were just annoying. Haven't played Zero yet, just read about the plot on res.evilwiki. Is it any good? Seems to draw quite a lot of flak.
In CV/X, these QTE's were more like mini puzzles, unless it included a lot of zombies.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 2:40 pm

CVX doesn't have any actually QTEs, but the puzzle I hated most was the oil puzzle. Still not as bad as the water sample puzzle though.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Not that I'm closed-minded, but newer Resident Evil games fail hard.
4 was an incredible masterpiece. After that, I haven't touched Resident Evil because they've ruined it.
A good RE game isn't one with static cameras, no ammunition, and zombies.
A good RE game is one that isn't a bland, copy-and-pasted bullshit fest with "RE" slapped on the title.
The perfect RE game is one with atmosphere, pure fear, isolation, and believable characters.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:45 am

The thing is that once Nemesis (or was it 0) came out, I feel that many players back then thought the series was copy/paste. The reason 4 became a masterpiece was because it was a great overhaul and departure from the same thing happening in about 5 main series games. Once 5 came out, there were complaints of being a copy of 4 but with a few more features. So Capcom tries to change some things up with 6 and...well we see how that turned out. Something tells me Capcom's going to try something else for 7. But in a world like this, can we really expect something truly original anymore?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 5:49 am

Nobudy wrote:
CVX doesn't have any actually QTEs, but the puzzle I hated most was the oil puzzle. Still not as bad as the water sample puzzle though.
I must be a fairly good player if I can easily figure these out; The water sample puzzle wasn't the hardest puzzle, nor was the Oil puzzle. Actually, none of the puzzles were particularly difficult for me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 6:55 am

I don't see anything bad in gameplay being copypasted if it works. Why fix something that isn't broken, right? Especially when they add to it.

In this sense 5 and Revelations worked really well. Besides, it's not like all of 0-CV weren't almost the same exact gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 7:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't see anything bad in gameplay being copypasted if it works. Why fix something that isn't broken, right?
Nothing is wrong with tank controls. I don't know why so many people complained about it in Resident Evil 5. Literally every single game leading up to it had tank controls. Why was this any different?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:38 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't see anything bad in gameplay being copypasted if it works. Why fix something that isn't broken, right?
Nothing is wrong with tank controls. I don't know why so many people complained about it in Resident Evil 5. Literally every single game leading up to it had tank controls. Why was this any different?
That's what I've been wondering. I guess the loss of horror and the cruddy AI made some people pick at every other thing in the game too.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 9:51 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I don't see anything bad in gameplay being copypasted if it works. Why fix something that isn't broken, right? Especially when they add to it.

In this sense 5 and Revelations worked really well. Besides, it's not like all of 0-CV weren't almost the same exact gameplay.
I never had a problem with 0-CV's gameplay, but if only they changed the formula, some people may have not called it stale. From the looks of it, it looks like Capcom does add to its previously established gameplay, but is quick to change it some, if it becomes stale.

I've no problem with Tank Controls, but I guess the reason people hated tank controls in 5 was because it the more "actionized" than the others. It's was pretty sad how there was no way to dodge a basic attack from a Majini besides quick walking up to it, and then stepping back. Though if you ask me, I'd still take more fluid controls over tank controls.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:03 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
That's what I've been wondering. I guess the loss of horror and the cruddy AI made some people pick at every other thing in the game too.
My own theory was that people who didn't play Ø-CV had a reason to buy it.

But here's my personal Resident Evil "Generation" theory: Resident Evil 1 was a game changer, it introduced a new concept to people and developers alike, it was ported and had a director's cut. Resident Evil 2 followed up in RE1's success and got everyone playing. Resident Evil 3, people still liked it but it was getting tiring.

Resident Evil 4 was a game changer, it introduced a new concept to people and developers alike, it was ported constantly. Resident Evil 5 followed up in RE4's success and got everyone playing. Resident Evil 6 still sold well, but it's getting tiring.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 11:33 am

That's a pretty good theory, spinoffs and midquels aside.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Resident Evil 3 is why I love the franchise in the first place! Also, I still believe that after 7 and a possible REmake 2, they should start off a .5 series, where they make the series from what they could've been in the 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5, etc...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
That's a pretty good theory, spinoffs and midquels aside.
Yeah I know there are canonical titles are in there as well, but that's my own Resident Evil trilogy theory.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:43 pm

Tank controls helped dis-empower you, not that it was designed to do so, but it did. The newer games have idiot-proof controls like Call of Duty. Games like Splinter Cell or even GTA come to mind for more difficult controls.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 14, 2013 1:52 pm

I don't think they were designed that way. It's just something that happened to be the best way to navigate through prerendered environments.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Views on RE5!   Views on RE5! - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Views on RE5!
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4