HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

First GTA V gameplay video

Go down 
+15
Sundown31
halestride
Industrial Ridden
Paperface*
PWNERX
00biohazard
Known_Hero
NiteKrawler
SuperMasterGamer
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
Shrike
Vandal
hunter destroyer
Ghost Leader
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:09 pm

Nobudy wrote:
It may be a different continuity, but I think there are GTA IV versions of the protagonists. But they're not the same in terms of name and appearance.
Then how are they GTA IV versions of those characters if they aren't those characters? Rolling Eyes 

Anyhow, with all this ruckus about garages, your cars getting impounded instead of disappearing, and whatnot, I started to wonder, what if we no longer need or want a car we've sunk a lot of money into customizations for? I wonder if we can sell it and get some of that money back? Question 
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 2:45 pm

Probably. This game seems to be deep as hell. And it is already confirmed that players can share money so we could easily just let them take the car and have them transfer the money if no legit system is in place.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 6:54 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
even though GTA V is set in a different universe than SA
How so? Can I get a quote on that? And even if they were, there could still be new era counterparts of those old characters.
Just look at Liberty City in GTA IV and compare it to Liberty City in GTA III and LCS. Dukes and Broker instead of Portland, Algonquin instead of Staunton Island, Alderney instead of Shoreside Vale. Francis International Airport is on the complete opposite side of the map. Where are the GTA III criminal organizations like the Diablos, Yakuza, and Colombians?

GTA IV onwards is a different continuity from the PS2 games.
But the same cities were in GTA and GTA2 and those were nothing like they were in GTA III and onwards. Even so, Claude is the main character of both 2 and III, which has been mentioned officially.

I mean, I get your point but it has happened before so I just find it weird. And again, different continuity still doesn't mean that the previous characters didn't have any counterparts in this one.

Btw. I read your posted after this one so I did read the quote.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:42 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
But the same cities were in GTA and GTA2 and those were nothing like they were in GTA III and onwards. Even so, Claude is the main character of both 2 and III, which has been mentioned officially.
The GTA III era games are a different continuity from their previous games, too. GTA, GTA: London 1961, and GTA: London 1969 make up the GTA 1 Era, GTA 2 is standalone in its own era, GTA III all the way through Vice City Stories make up the GTA III Era, and GTA IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and GTA V make up the current GTA IV Era.

And no, Rockstar haven't confirmed whether or not Claude Speed and Claude are the same person, they've only said "probably".
Quote :
“Hello, I just want to know if Claude Speed (GTA 2) and Claude (GTA III) are the same person. So, are they the same person? Anyway, thanks for all fun you guys are giving me with these games, I'm a BIG FAN of the Grand Theft Auto series and Red Dead Redemption!” - received via Mouthoff

Probably. It seems very likely but it’s also possible that there are just a lot of angry silent car thieves called Claude out there.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19081/asked-answered-max-payne-3-la-noire-red-dead-and-more.html

Quote :
I mean, I get your point but it has happened before so I just find it weird. And again, different continuity still doesn't mean that the previous characters didn't have any counterparts in this one.
You'll have to point these so-called "counterparts" out for me, then.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 6:50 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The GTA III era games are a different continuity from their previous games, too. GTA, GTA: London 1961, and GTA: London 1969 make up the GTA 1 Era, GTA 2 is standalone in its own era, GTA III all the way through Vice City Stories make up the GTA III Era, and GTA IV, TLaD, TBoGT, and GTA V make up the current GTA IV Era.

And no, Rockstar haven't confirmed whether or not Claude Speed and Claude are the same person, they've only said "probably".
Oh yes, I know they've only said "propably" when it comes to verbal clarification. However, they had the images of all main characters on some cards on their website at some point and under the picture of Claude from GTAIII they had the name "Claude Speed".

I also know of the eras, they are mentioned on Wikipedia.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
You'll have to point these so-called "counterparts" out for me, then.
I never said there are any counterparts that have been seen thus far, though you yourself mentioned those radio DJs so that's one example. For a bigger picture, I mean something like the Marvel Multiverse for example, where there are counterparts of every character in every continuity.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 2:46 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh yes, I know they've only said "propably" when it comes to verbal clarification. However, they had the images of all main characters on some cards on their website at some point and under the picture of Claude from GTAIII they had the name "Claude Speed".
Any idea what area of the website it was on?

Quote :
I never said there are any counterparts that have been seen thus far, though you yourself mentioned those radio DJs so that's one example. For a bigger picture, I mean something like the Marvel Multiverse for example, where there are counterparts of every character in every continuity.
Radio personalities are one thing (Lazlow Jones carried over because he writes pedestrian and radio dialogue for the games, and Rockstar went from there in bringing Frank Chavez back to voice Fernando Martinez in EFLC), main characters are something else. The Marvel Multiverse isn't really an accurate comparison since Rockstar hasn't given even so much as a tiny hint that the Eras all exist at the same time in alternate dimensions. Science fiction isn't really GTA's thing.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 3:41 pm

Campy science fiction is. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 2:50 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Campy science fiction is. Razz
Hmm, could have sworn I replied to this already. Suspect 

At any rate, all the UFO/alien stuff in GTA: SA wasn't science fiction per say, rather it was part of the culture of Bone County which is based mostly on Nevada.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:58 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Any idea what area of the website it was on?
I think it was during a contest or something they had which has since been taken down. However, I do have the picture. They used his picture from GTAIII but still had the full name on it, instead of just "Claude".

EDIT: Found the thing but the quiz is still taken down. [link]

First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 Claude10
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:10 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think it was during a contest or something they had which has since been taken down. However, I do have the picture. They used his picture from GTAIII but still had the full name on it, instead of just "Claude".

EDIT: Found the thing but the quiz is still taken down. [link]

https://i.servimg.com/u/f76/14/49/62/08/claude10.jpg
Hmm, that's interesting. I've never seen that before.

Still, the Q&A, being more recent and reflecting Rockstar's current statement on canon, should be considered the higher authority on it IMO. It's possible the name was 'shopped on the artwork by someone independent who thought Claude and Claude Speed were the same person. One thing I know for certain is that GTA III Claude has never been referred to by that surname anywhere in any GTA III Era game, and I've played them all through multiple times.

You and Spike may be the walking RE encyclopedias around here, but I'm REF's walking GTA encyclopedia. Razz 
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:54 am

Have you played all of the Stories too? How'd you like 'em? I've never played the earlier ones, only the more recent Episodes.

In any case, I still like to think that there at least might be some incarnation of older characters in the new games.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Have you played all of the Stories too? How'd you like 'em? I've never played the earlier ones, only the more recent Episodes.
Yeah, I've played the Stories and loved them both.

Quote :
In any case, I still like to think that there at least might be some incarnation of older characters in the new games.
You're free to think that if you like, but canonically there isn't unless Rockstar includes them in a game (either in person like Fernando Martinez or otherwise specifically mentioned in some form like Crow) or says otherwise. As it stands, they've stated officially that the GTA III Era protagonists don't exist in the current GTA IV Era.

Edit: And the official trailer was just now released.

https://youtu.be/hvoD7ehZPcM
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 2:55 pm

I do believe an official statue of "Claude" by a company I forgot was labeled as "Claude Speed".
Also including "8-Ball" and some chick.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 4:06 pm

PWNERX wrote:
I do believe an official statue of "Claude" by a company I forgot was labeled as "Claude Speed".
Also including "8-Ball" and some chick.
Rockstar isn't a toy maker, so what some third party labels a product they're commissioned to make is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 10:11 pm

Trevor seems like he'll be my favorite, but I'm really interested in Michael's story. Don't really give a crap about Franklin.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 am

00biohazard wrote:
Trevor seems like he'll be my favorite, but I'm really interested in Michael's story. Don't really give a crap about Franklin.
Same here. Michael was my favorite at first, but the more I saw, Trevor started to take over. I'm intrigued by the gameplay possibilities surrounding Michael's wife and kids, though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Reviving the GTA V talk, this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life. Crying or Very sad 

I really hope it has more in-game rewards for completing side activities this time. Getting nothing but a bunch of stupid trophies in GTA IV for completing things like Vigilante made me mad.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 3:28 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Reviving the GTA V talk, this is going to be the longest two weeks of my life. Crying or Very sad 

I really hope it has more in-game rewards for completing side activities this time. Getting nothing but a bunch of stupid trophies in GTA IV for completing things like Vigilante made me mad.
Yo dawg, I heard you like side activities. So I put a side activity in your side activity so you can waste your time while you waste your time!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 6:43 am

PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Yo dawg, I heard you like side activities. So I put a side activity in your side activity so you can waste your time while you waste your time!
That was actually pretty clever
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 11:51 am

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

That was actually pretty clever
Quite so. He deserves a cookie.

First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 Cookie
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:05 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

WIN
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 11:46 pm

The game map has been leaked (from an image in the official strategy guide) and "huge" is not a strong enough word to describe it.

http://kotaku.com/leaked-grand-theft-auto-v-map-is-massive-1287570002

For those that don't want to be spoiled but are still intrigued, I'll just say that what on the map look like simple roads are actually eight-lane super highways. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:40 am

Dear lord, I just saw the lake and thought that was massive. Then I scrolled down.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 9:44 am

I may never come out of my home again.

Oh, and also this:
First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 Ku-medium
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 12:04 pm

i want this game sooooo bad'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First GTA V gameplay video   First GTA V gameplay video - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

First GTA V gameplay video
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next