Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Generation's Worst EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Generation's Worst EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Generation's Worst EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Generation's Worst EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Generation's Worst EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Generation's Worst EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Generation's Worst EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Generation's Worst

Go down 
+6
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
Ssplain
Sargent D
Vandal
Known_Hero
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:47 am

So, we have a thread discussing the greatest games of this era. This thread will be for the worst.

For me, it's Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City. Every single aspect of this game was pure crap and undone: Potentially interesting characters were executed blandly, terrible controls, mind numbingly boring fight sequences. I literally fell asleep playing this game.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 11:03 am

Resident Evil 6 (2012)

The hype for this game was it's main downfall. Capcom boasted that over 600 people were involved in the development, in the end it was rushed, had muddy graphics, poor gameplay mechanics, confusing story, and retarded AI.

EDIT: Pleanty of bad games this generation, first two are Resident Evil titles.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Vandal wrote:
Resident Evil 6 (2012)

The hype for this game was it's main downfall. Capcom boasted that over 600 people were involved in the development, in the end it was rushed, had muddy graphics, poor gameplay mechanics, confusing story, and retarded AI.
Exactly! I hated how much they built it up, with the whole viral campaign and how they were pretty much saying it was going to be the best RE game to date. I believe the game wouldn't have been perceived as bad if there wasn't as much hype, either way it would have been a flop though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Resident Evil 6 (2012)

Exactly! I hated how much they built it up, with the whole viral campaign and how they were pretty much saying it was going to be the best RE game to date. I believe the game wouldn't have been perceived as bad if there wasn't as much hype, either way it would have been a flop though.
Yeah, pretty much. They never hyped a game so much. The most Resident Evil 5 got was some ads during South Park way back when. I think they learned a lesson from hype.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:07 pm

Vandal wrote:
Yeah, pretty much. They never hyped a game so much. The most Resident Evil 5 got was some ads during South Park way back when. I think they learned a lesson from hype.
RE5 had its own viral campaign too, that "Fear You Can't Forget" thing, but even then it wasn't nearly as big as the RE6 one. I sure hope they learned their lesson about the hype, and I also hope they will take their time with future RE titles as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Vandal wrote:
RE5 had its own viral campaign too, that "Fear You Can't Forget" thing, but even then it wasn't nearly as big as the RE6 one. I sure hope they learned their lesson about the hype, and I also hope they will take their time with future RE titles as well.

Well there was nearly a 5 year span between RE 5 and 6. I am not sure how much of that time they utilized though. RE 1-CV were all pushed out in the same timeframe it took to make 6 and they were all fantastic. Maybe they just need something new going in the think-tank or maybe they just have too much on their plate to work with proper care. *shrugs*
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:11 am

You know what else was bad beyond all proportions?

Red Steel (2006)

I remember playing this game and being astonished at the Nintendo Wii's motion control, and nothing else. The graphics looked worse than Gamecube's, even then it still had a hard time registering my movements. The story was bad, no one cared about the characters, learning new moves were impossible, trying to flip over a table took too much effort, and sword fighting was the worst part of the game. Ever. I brought my friend over and we did a free for all. My two brothers and I played for thirty minutes before we all got bored. I then went over that same friend's house and played Gears of War for the first time. My eyes couldn't believe what they saw, we played until the sun went down and I was more immersed in that game than I was when I was using motion control. Fuck this game, the creators deserve to be driven through the wall. You know how you flip a table over in Gears of War? Tap A.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:27 am

I don't think RE6 was that bad. Yes, the story was silly and it wasn't the survival horror experience I was hoping for but the gameplay kept me entertained. I had a lot of fun with this game. As a matter of fact, I still play it. However, I will agree that Capcom needs to get their head of their asses and start listening to the fans. The fans want survival horror= give it to them!

Vandal wrote:
You know what else was bad beyond all proportions?

Red Steel (2006)

I remember playing this game and being astonished at the Nintendo Wii's motion control, and nothing else. The graphics looked worse than Gamecube's, even then it still had a hard time registering my movements. The story was bad, no one cared about the characters, learning new moves were impossible, trying to flip over a table took too much effort, and sword fighting was the worst part of the game. Ever. I brought my friend over and we did a free for all. My two brothers and I played for thirty minutes before we all got bored. I then went over that same friend's house and played Gears of War for the first time. My eyes couldn't believe what they saw, we played until the sun went down and I was more immersed in that game than I was when I was using motion control. Fuck this game, the creators deserve to be driven through the wall. You know how you flip a table over in Gears of War? Tap A.

Well at least the movie entertaining Smile
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:30 pm

Shadowrun (360). Worst. Remake. Ever.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 11:26 am

King of Fighters XII

That game was flawed in pretty much every aspect. The Arcade Mode only consisted of you trying to beat your own times, nothing else. No, there was no pre-set times to beat, only the ones you yourself made. No story endings, no nothing, just a "Congratulations, you won" screen. The difficulty was waaaay too easy, I could beat the game in under 10 minutes even on the hardest difficulty. No pre-set teams, like in most KoF games. The online battling was broken as hell, with it taking forever to get into a match and the lag being just horrendous making it unplayable and due to this there was practically no one playing anyway. The only thing this game has going for it is versus battles with your friends but why bother when I have other games with more characters?

As for the previously mentioned RE6 and ORC, all I'm gonna say is that they were far from being the worst in my experience.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 12:08 pm

Army of Two: Devil's Cartel

What is cover and what isn't cover?! And when I'm in cover, why is it I keep getting hit? Isn't that the purpose of cover? Not to get hit by enemy fire? My character is too big, all my problems with this game are pretty much mechanical. The game doesn't like it when I play, and for good reason too, it knows it sucks; firing your guns make you feel like you're using a pea shooter, you accidentally throw grenades, aggro is still there but there's no clear indication like it's predecessors. While the story is great, I wish we'd have more focus on the dynamics between the two protagonists and Fiona. I have no idea what she's doing or why she's doing it, she just seems to be there. Fiona does grow onto you though, which only makes it worse because of what happens (spoilers averted). Our protagonists look at the main villain who turned bad for a lame ass, ridiculous reason, and no one seems to recognize him for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:42 pm

^I actually liked the gameplay when playing with a friend. If there were problems with it, I didn't notice any of them because we were having fun with all the mayhem. What I didn't like, however, was the terrible, terrible story. It was pretty crazy in the previous games but this one's story was just crap on a stick. I also don't like how they took away the hilariously ridiculous weapon enhancements, though those have been gradually getting weaker since the first game anyway. All in all I did enjoy the whole runthrough apart from the stupid bosses.

Storywise I could definitely say it's the generation's worst, apart from maybe Ninja Gaiden 3. I'll get to that one later.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 1:56 pm

I still don't want to face that NG3 was really that bad </3 I'm still thinking of buying Razor's Edge.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 2:03 pm

ThomVD wrote:
I still don't want to face that NG3 was really that bad </3 I'm still thinking of buying Razor's Edge.
I hear it's a lot better than NG3. They added secrets, weapons, ninpo, upgrades, experience points and chapters with additional characters, all the while taking away parts of that shitty story which is only good since now there's less retardedness to sit through. Then they shot the difficulty to high heavens but since it was broken already it's terribly unbalanced and at parts unfair. Now, this brings me to...

Ninja Gaiden 3

Not Razor's Edge, the upgraded version. This is the first, shitty version. The newest part in one of the hardest game series ever is so easy I almost literally went through the whole game just mashing one button unless the QTEs wanted me to do otherwise. Even the QTEs were impossible to miss since the game slowed down to a crawl just so you couldn't miss pressing that X button. They took away all weapons apart from three main ones (only one of which being useful) and the crossbow with one measly upgrade given during story. They also took away all upgrades, secrets, shops, skills, ninpo and pretty much everything in between. They give you a "Ninja Sense" that helps you locate where you are supposed to be going but even that is useless since the game is literally a narrow tube apart from boss fight arenas. All enemy variation is also nonexistent since you are killing the same enemies half of the game which then turn into other enemies that you kill for the other half. The only real variation is unimaginative boss fights and one flashback that took about 5 minutes. Even the bosses are crappy as most of them follow the intriguing pattern of "hit it until it dies", which in turn blows because even if the bosses are easy they take a million hits and have no indication on if you are even doing any damage to them. Then there are the parts when you become, presumably, consumed by the darkness inside and start limping for extended periods of time. This happens rather randomly during battles and while I do think you are invincible when this happens it makes killing those two dozen enemies an arduous job. They even managed to make the only interesting character in the game the biggest cliche of all. Pretty much all of what the games once were is stripped in favor of... what? The story. The story which is by far the worst I've ever seen in a videogame. Ever.
Back to top Go down
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:07 pm

im going to say fable 3 bugged as hell short stroy and wasnt really upgraded from 2
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Homefront
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:10 pm

Ummm...
most Kinect games?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 10:59 pm

Picking a Kinect game is like choosing from 75% of the games released for the Wii
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network fsmetal
Steam : fs_metal

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 am

Sargent D wrote:
Vandal wrote:
The thing about building massive hype is that, quite often, it results in massive sales right off the bat. If they can do that, Capcom will continue to hype the games big time.

The game from this generation that I despise the most is not the worst one from this generation because it is not a bug filled mess that is practically broken. Final Fantasy XIII. Fuck that game. The story is a poorly written mess that makes no sense. It explains nothing. IT has no concept of exposition. There is no exploration. There are no towns. The dialog is poorly written. The gameplay is seriously stripped from previous games. You can only control one character, and you can give the other two suggestions on what they should do in battle. If the main character dies, it is game over. The other two cannot revive you even though there are still pheonix downs. This is unbelievably stupid. Therei s an autobattle that the game encourage you to use that will get you through most of it. There are level caps to keep you at the perfect level to fight the upcoming bosses. You cannot power level or grind to prepare for bosses. Just...ugh...FUCK THIS GAME
Back to top Go down
http://www.digital-delirium.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 6:38 am

The game is unbelieveably linear. What the hell does all this crap mean about your focus and become a L'cie? I don't understand who the good guys are and who the bad guys are. Despite it being a linear game, I don't understand a single thing, and it doesn't show any effort to involve the player in any way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Generation's Worst Empty
PostSubject: Re: Generation's Worst   Generation's Worst Empty

Back to top Go down

Generation's Worst
Page 1 of 1