HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC

Go down 
+14
Mcghie
VoyageTreader08
Mass Distraction
Kino_00
chocotricks
McShowtime
ChickenHeart
Spike991
WyrmKing
Llama
Sargent D
Vandal
Incompetent Barry
PAULSAMSON
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC Empty
PostSubject: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Made this thread so everyone that finished the game can say what they like and what they didn't like of ORC.

Good things: graphics (thank you captain obvious), boss fights, challenging monsters, for moments the story is nice, and personally, I liked the gampleay

Bad things: just one single campagin comes with the disc, only one mode to play offline, no splitscreen, sucky cameos.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 1:11 pm

Good: good boss fights (Nemesis was hard for me cause i didnt know what the fuck to do) im glad they brought back the Hunters, they are much harder in this game. i like the different characters you can play and their different abilities, they put the Samurai Edge in the game, hmm there is more but i cant think right now.

Bad: i hate the Militia they are just bullet sponges, the partner AI is bad, but Sheva imo is worse, it annoys me how you cant give items or tell your partners to take items, the campaign to me is a little short, and they put Jill in online Heroes mode but not in the campaign WTF?

but overall i really like the game its just as i hoped to be, this will certainly tide me over till RE6 comes out.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Good: I've effectively changed my mind about online multiplayer, since my first time, the matches have been quicker to start up, and I've been able to connect with my squad much faster. Online is the reason to own the game, if you're not putting online verses in good use, you really don't have a good game in your hands. Teamwork is rewarded in victory in game types like Biohazard and Team Attack. I haven't purchased Nemesis Mode but I plan to. The game entirely is meant for online multiplayer, and I think this is where the game takes pride in.

Bad: Single Player Campaign is one of the most frustrating aspects in the game. The fact that there's no split screen only hampers the multiplayer experience. Even if you go online with strangers, they have the option to skip through cutscenes that you want to see without your consent, unlike in Resident Evil 5, if both players wanted to skip the cutscene they both had to press select to proceed. With horrible AI, frustrating and unimaginative bossfights, the game isn't meant for the single player adventure.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Good: It's fun to run around the RE enviroments and shot the zombies and other BOW (the spec-ops guys just dont do it for me).

Bad: THE RETARDED AI!!!! The fact that's no split screen, cheap hits from enemies, only 6 missions in single player, and the fact that you have to buy the Nemesis Mode seperately on the 360. -.-
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Llama
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Llama

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 11:49 pm

I've only done campaign mode so I can't say anything about the other modes yet

The Good
  • Online multiplayer: Great to play with friends
  • Overall, graphics were alright. Minus Claire's hideous face and the scene where you see the first parasite merge with a person
  • I liked the boss fights. My favorite was the Birkin one even though that was more of running away from him.

The Bad
  • Too short. I finished in 4-5 hours.
  • Single player campaign mode: The AI are idiots. You can't even give simple commands (Fall back, regroup, attack, ANYTHING!) I've heard "Guess I'll have to keep an eye on you" a lot.
  • Cameos: Sucked. Most of them were brief. If I blinked, I would've not seen Sherry at all in this game. I suppose it would make sense cannon-wise but still.

Oh and can you even catch Claire at the last level? I've tried a few times, but my objective always says that Claire's escaped and I should refocus on Leon instead.
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:46 am

Incompetent Barry wrote:
Good: good boss fights (Nemesis was hard for me cause i didnt know what the fuck to do) im glad they brought back the Hunters, they are much harder in this game. i like the different characters you can play and their different abilities, they put the Samurai Edge in the game, hmm there is more but i cant think right now.

Bad: i hate the Militia they are just bullet sponges, the partner AI is bad, but Sheva imo is worse, it annoys me how you cant give items or tell your partners to take items, the campaign to me is a little short, and they put Jill in online Heroes mode but not in the campaign WTF?

but overall i really like the game its just as i hoped to be, this will certainly tide me over till RE6 comes out.

No way was Sheva's AI worse than the Wolfpack's! Sheva was at least useful when you're in a jam. She heals you, she assists you when you're grab, she hits her target and can fight decently, not to mention you can command her.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:54 am

WyrmKing wrote:
Incompetent Barry wrote:

No way was Sheva's AI worse than the Wolfpack's! Sheva was at least useful when you're in a jam. She heals you, she assists you when you're grab, she hits her target and can fight decently, not to mention you can command her.

I actually gotta agree...I was missing the simple commands that you had with Sheva...
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:19 am

I just thought it was disappointing to be honest. The boss battles were "shoot,shoot,shoot" and weren't all that fun and the ending was like they weren't trying. We'll probably get some DLC but all in all nothing that spectacular. Instead of trying to explain these characters in the RE universe I wish the game would've been a "reimagining" and we could've interacted more with the characters and had a chance to help or kill them throughout the game. Then have multiple endings.

Good: It's always fun to go back to Raccoon City(Seeing a few different areas). Pretty good graphics. Multiplayer is a fun experience.

The Bad: Storyline was subpar. Friendly AI is awful, I would rather have had Sheva than my 3 teammates. The inclusion and ability to see "alternate RE storylines" (KILL LEON!!!!) was overhyped. You don't have a game take place in Raccoon City and don't enter the police station come on now.
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:26 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
I just thought it was disappointing to be honest. The boss battles were "shoot,shoot,shoot" and weren't all that fun and the ending was like they weren't trying. We'll probably get some DLC but all in all nothing that spectacular. Instead of trying to explain these characters in the RE universe I wish the game would've been a "reimagining" and we could've interacted more with the characters and had a chance to help or kill them throughout the game. Then have multiple endings.

Good: It's always fun to go back to Raccoon City(Seeing a few different areas). Pretty good graphics. Multiplayer is a fun experience.

The Bad: Storyline was subpar. Friendly AI is awful, I would rather have had Sheva than my 3 teammates. The inclusion and ability to see "alternate RE storylines" (KILL LEON!!!!) was overhyped. You don't have a game take place in Raccoon City and don't enter the police station come on now.

You do enter the RPD station to destroy evidence of Umbrella's bribery of Chief Irons.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:36 am

I guess you're right. It was just that unspectacular. You did just wonder around a dark room looking for papers most of the time you were in there. I remember now being dissapointed not even getting to Marvin or someone in there.

Also did anyone else find it odd that when you catch Leon he's like half dead, bleeding out on the floor then when you make your choice he's back to perfect health, Sherry and Claire have Vanished and two of your teammates have now turned on you?
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 1:37 am

Yeah, they should have had a cutscene showing the teams making their decisions.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

The game would have been a little better if the AI was fixed. I'm not suprised that the game is a disspointment, since Slant Six ruined the SOCOM games I knew they would do the same with RE.
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Yes, the AI definitely ruins single player.

I think they need to program the AI to be aggressive when it comes to covering their asses during gunfights. Program them to aim for enemy weakspots. Program them to heal themselves when they're about to die.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 2:46 pm

WyrmKing wrote:
I think they need to program the AI to be aggressive when it comes to covering their asses during gunfights. Program them to aim for enemy weakspots. Program them to heal themselves when they're about to die.
Don't forget to program the AI to AVOID the goddamn fire instead of running straight into it. OMG how that pissed me off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
McShowtime
Cerberus
Cerberus
McShowtime

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Quote :
they put Jill in online Heroes mode but not in the campaign WTF?

She's in the Spec Ops campaign.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 pm

I love it, I have 20 hours put in so far. Im trying to get s+ on professional and im doing it by myself cause its easier and I only have 3 left YEAH. Anyway it has some problems but the good outweighs the bad
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:22 pm

chocotricks wrote:
I love it, I have 20 hours put in so far. Im trying to get s+ on professional and im doing it by myself cause its easier and I only have 3 left YEAH. Anyway it has some problems but the good outweighs the bad
You are the first person I ever seen so far that likes this game for what it is. lol
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:28 pm

I like the game too. I have some complaints but overall, I like it lol.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 pm

WyrmKing wrote:
I have some complaints
Is the AI one of them? lol
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:15 pm

So far I've completed the game several times. Just hit exp rank 66 a minute ago before Sony Network went down (again, been an issue today).
But what can I say, I still sort of like it. Granted, more action and less horror but I try to see it as an invidual game instead of being part of RE series.

Good sides:
- Graphics; no models looks "cheap", especially weapons
- Environments; well planned and detailed, Raccoon City looks awesome, only minus here is the short duration you get to visit police station (QQ)
- Characters; alot to choose from, different perks and abilities making each unique
- Some bossfights; double Tyrant is the best out of all imo, however the last battle against Leon is quite boring
- Can't think much more right now, this line should belong to bad sides then !

Bad sides:
- Amount of bugs in game; I've been stuck to certain points several times, forcing me to quit the game and losing earlier progress (Carage door wont open, Leon stays in with Lickers shooting you with shotgun "fun fun", Tyrant boss comes down but doesn't grab you but stands there doing nothing instead..... and the list continues)
- Online campaign search; you don't see what map you join, what are the exp lvls of other players etc etc if map is incompleted, this is quite dull when you join game on professional difficulty and ppl you play with ends up being first timers (no offense here !)
- Squad window during game; can't find way to see it or there is no way to do it
- No other way to communicate with others besides microphones; you go for quick toilet and ppl thinks you're being an ass cuz you can't "say" anything (tho I drag myself to store today and bought headset)
- AI are retards; standing in fire, running in fire, breathing fire, bathing in fire, jumping in fire, hitting fire, and they keep complaining about the damage, and they get stuck so easilly

These comes in mind right now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Kino_00 wrote:
I try to see it as an invidual game instead of being part of RE series.
How do you feel about it actually being, you know, canon to the series?

Welcome to the forums, by the way.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm not going to count it.....well, I'll try not to count it. I wish Gaiden could be canon instead. Sad
Back to top Go down
WyrmKing
Zombie
Zombie
WyrmKing

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:14 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm not going to count it.....well, I'll try not to count it. I wish Gaiden could be canon instead. Sad

Gaiden is way worse than this game. So no lol.

And Gaiden can never be canon since Leon never died.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 9:36 pm

WyrmKing wrote:
Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Gaiden is way worse than this game. So no lol.

And Gaiden can never be canon since Leon never died.
Yeh he got infected in Gaiden and kicked the bucket.
Back to top Go down
Kino_00
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Kino_00

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC EmptyMon Mar 26, 2012 10:19 pm

I came across an awesome quotation while I was looking at what "canon" means (yes I ain't that good with english).
A piece of music in which the same melody is played by different voices

This is what ORC is all about imo. You get to see events from another perspective, see what it's like to be enemy to those you have been controlling in past several years. I played RE2 through several times and I don't see anything wrong in Leon and Claire dying, I see it as an alternative ending with good guys losing.

Personally I became a bit tired with storyline after RE3. You have (pretty much) same group surviving catastrophies caused by Umbrella, or the aftermath, one after another. This time you want to cover them to save image of the company. It's quite ruthless, and what happens in last mission really got me thinking; why is Umbrella so important to those characters you play ? Why are they so loyal ? There is short description for all of them but it doesn't really explain how they became so... "twisted" ?

It's part of RE serie, and it's not. It's like an alternative, "Versus Resident Evil" ?
It could have been more horror, player controlling singular agent through Raccoon City, but looking at how gaming works nowadays possibility to go online and play with others brings more players and that way more money. Guess action is easier to carry out for the multiplayer part.

And thanks !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC   SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC Empty

Back to top Go down

SPOILERS the best and the worst of ORC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next