Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

PS4 vs. Xbox One?

Go down 
+17
RebelliousQueen
gowett
Ssplain
Cyberization
Nobudy
Ghost Leader
ThomVD
RaviorStygian
Teh Black Cat
valereth
Sargent D
sirjibbs323
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
PWNERX
NiteKrawler
ZombiePrincess
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:57 am

I wonder if the Xbox One will fail so badly that they'll just stop releasing games for it altogether and just keep making 360 games.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 8:31 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
I wonder if the Xbox One will fail so badly that they'll just stop releasing games for it altogether and just keep making 360 games.
It sounded like that's what he was implying. But I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:55 am

Vandal wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

It sounded like that's what he was implying. But I doubt it.
Knowing video game companies the system will probably be overpriced for the first few months it's out. That always seems to put consoles/handhelds in a big money hole that they may not get out of. Not every console/hanheld is as lucky as the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:04 pm

The X1 is $499. So yeah, for what is in it it's overpriced.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network fsmetal
Steam : fs_metal

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:29 pm

Has anyone else noticed that third generation hardware seems to be the least successful? I mean the Saturn was a MASSIVE failure. The N64 had third party companies abandon it in droves. The PS3 (the most successful of the three mentioned) did not reach the success of the PSone and PS2. It is kind of weird. What is it about third generation consoles?
Back to top Go down
http://www.digital-delirium.com
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm

I loved the 64! :'(
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I loved the 64! :'(
So do I. I Was not insulting it.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 6:29 pm

I don't think the N64 was considered a financial failure though.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:15 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I don't think the N64 was considered a financial failure though.
It wasn't. The PS3 is not a failure, either. The N64 still sold about about 30 million where the PSone sold over 100million. Going cartridge on that system was a mistake. Games cost more to produce, so third party companies went to Sony's camp instead. It, therefore, got less games, and games were more expensive to buy on that system. The PSone stomped it in sales as a direct result of this. The n64 was a poor decision  by Nintendo, and it cost them dearly when they came in last with the Gamecube as well.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 pm

I don't think that was their biggest mistake. As of late Nintendo dropped the ball on the Wii, 3DS, and the Wii U with a huge lack of games, neglecting fans, and gimmicks that fail to work: "Oh 3D film is in, we should make a 3D console." 3D crazy died down the moment the 3DS launched. "Everyone is making tablets, we should make a tablet console." No games, all titles that were good are PS3 and 360 ports. Without 3rd party support, your "innovative" ideas aren't worth crap. The N64 and Gamecube had a huge library of games to choose from, and they weren't trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy like the Wii was—No More Heroes & Mad World—plus, I never felt that Gamecube was ever a bad system. I still think Resident Evil 4 looks best on Gamecube.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 12:22 am

Vandal wrote:
I don't think that was their biggest mistake. As of late Nintendo dropped the ball on the Wii, 3DS, and the Wii U with a huge lack of games, neglecting fans, and gimmicks that fail to work: "Oh 3D film is in, we should make a 3D console." 3D crazy died down the moment the 3DS launched. "Everyone is making tablets, we should make a tablet console." No games, all titles that were good are PS3 and 360 ports. Without 3rd party support, your "innovative" ideas aren't worth crap. The N64 and Gamecube had a huge library of games to choose from, and they weren't trying to be edgy for the sake of being edgy like the Wii was—No More Heroes & Mad World—plus, I never felt that Gamecube was ever a bad system. I still think Resident Evil 4 looks best on Gamecube.
The virtual boy was their biggest mistake, but making the N64 cartridge based did cost them A LOOOOT
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:24 am

PS4 definitely. Pretty much for all of the reasons Nite mentioned. I'm really curious what's gonna happen with the Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

I hated the Xbox controller. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 1:30 pm

The only complaint I had with it was its sheer size, but thankfully Microsoft reduced it slightly for the 360.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 pm

And the S controller
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:45 pm

Been a while since I've been on. I'm out of the country and my plan doesn't cover international nor does it have a proper connection. What'd I miss? On topic, The PS4 is where I'm going. Mostly because it doesn't have the "Internet" thing I've heard about and because of inFamous: Second Son.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:41 am

Microsoft doesn't understand that some peole just don't have or can afford internet. In my brother's college dorms they don't have internet access. It's not jut nuclear subs.
Back to top Go down
valereth
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:44 pm

Microsoft hates the military and everyone that lives in a small town...and poor people
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Microsoft truly threw themselves in the gutter with this one.
Back to top Go down
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 8:57 am

this is why im staying with the devil i know xboxlive never has things like this happen 
the psn on ps4 has to be 100 times better then it is now for me to deal with it and the online safty happen psn was hacked they lost all my trust
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 9:33 am

PS4, fo sho'. PS+ being mandatory for online multi is a small price to pay, considering I use it right now on the PS3, and its benefits and deals vastly outstrip anything that Xbox LIVE has to offer. Also, The Order 1886 looks pretty rad.

The pricetag isn't a huge deal to me tbh (£349 is hella better than £429, though), but used games definitely are. Not because I buy used often, but because my friends and I regularly come to each others' places and bring over games to play. And sometimes if I enjoy a game that a buddy has let me play, I'll buy it myself. Thus giving more money to pubs/devs than I previously would have. To me it's mindblowing that MS haven't even considered that.

The only thing that could have convinced me to buy a next-gen Xbox was a new Killer Instinct or Alan Wake 2. Since the latter franchise has been put on hiatus, and the former is now a free-to-play disaster made by devs with no fighting game experience........yeah. I won't be buying an Xbox One.

And even if I somehow managed to overlook all this, there's the 24-hour check in (my internet is atrocious; this week it went down for a day and a half for no reason), and Kinect. It's been 3? years since it came out, and not one argument or Kinect-based game has convinced me that Kinect is anything more than a creepy privacy-breachy surveillance box Neutral If anyone actually read the terms of service of the last Xbox LIVE update, it stated clearly that you should expect NO level of privacy while using Xbox, and while MS can't monitor everyone, they can eavesdrop on your voice and video conversations if they so choose. Sorry, but I'm not comfortable giving up my right to privacy in my own home just so I can move shit around on a screen with my hands.
Back to top Go down
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 2:54 pm

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-drm-used-games-reversal/?a_dgi=aolshare_facebook
so now that microsoft is listing to there fans who still getting a ps4
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 19, 2013 6:27 pm

I am. Microsoft can backpedal all they want, X1 still has mandatory Kinect. And it doesn't change the fact that they thought these policies were okay to begin with.

Also I doubt they reversed their decision because they listened to the fans. It was pretty clear with all the negative press and low pre-order numbers (pure speculation, but in my local stores PS4 pre-orders are outmatching X1 by 20:1) that their financial bottom line was going to take a big hit. All about the $$$.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 am

Okay, as of now, I think it's too early to decide. There's still a lot of time between now and November, even then, I'm not buying day one. I never buy my systems day one. I like where Sony is going, for now I'm sticking to Sony, but I'm going to wait it out and hear what everyone has to say. For now until next year, I'll stick with what I've got.
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 3:51 pm

I'll probably wait a few years to get it just as I did with the PS3. Wait until a lot of games I want are out for it. I don't want to get it, play a game, then have to wait months for something else I enjoy to be released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 vs. Xbox One?   PS4 vs. Xbox One? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PS4 vs. Xbox One?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next