HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?

Go down 
+15
RebelliousQueen
TyrantSteve
Ssplain
Nobudy
Ghost Leader
Terra420
PWNERX
Shrike
Mass Distraction
Mcghie
Vandal
MSR
PAULSAMSON
RaviorStygian
Sargent D
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? Empty
PostSubject: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 1:40 pm

Where would you like the next RE game to take place? Personally I think it would be cool if it took place in Norway or one of the other Scandinavian countries.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 1:45 pm

A very quiet rural area, some place with little to no people and with little to no sound. Just BOW's.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 1:49 pm

as long as it isn't another Raccoon City Revisit I'm fine with it......................I think the North Pole and Australia are the only options left
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:11 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
as long as it isn't another Raccoon City Revisit I'm fine with it.....................I think the North Pole and Australia are the only options left
Exactly, Raccoon City already ran its course and doesn't need to be used as a setting anymore. The middle East is also a place that hasn't been tampered with yet, not sure how that would work out. lol
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:31 pm

I remember when Nite thought I was ridiculous to think RE6 might take place in China with a martial arts master, as that was an idea I had way back when. And well just look at RE6. Whose the fool now?!

I totally called that one. Just like ORC.

I want to be trapped in a building, a large New York type building with many floors, a stairwell, elevators. Like the part in Terrigrigia, but better. Think Die Hard.

No chainsaws, no shootouts with enemies that shoot at you, and no parts where you simply control a gun turret and shoot at shit. Honestly, do people find that fun? I hate that part in RE5 where you drive through the Sahara with those motorcycle Majini, I hate the part in RER where you control a turret on your way to board the Queen ship and you have to fight Garrados, and I also hate the parts in RE6 when you are forced to play that shit. Like shooting at the choppers that Ustanak is swinging from as they fly right behind you, and the Jurassic Park style chase by T-Rex Simmons. Lets not forget the helicopter and jet parts with Ada and Chris. OMG. Rant about that Vandal.

Last edited by Spike Reaver on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 4:45 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
No chainsaws, no shootouts with enemies that shoot at you, and no parts where you simply control a gun turret and shoot at shit. Honestly, do people find that fun? I hate that part in RE5 where you drive through the Sahara with those motorcycle Majini, I hate the part in RER where you control a turret on your way to board the Queen ship and you have to fight Garrados, and I also hate the parts in RE6 when you are forced to play that shit. Like shooting at the choppers that Ustanak is swinging from as they fly right behind you, and the Jurassic Park style chase by T-Rex Simmons. Lets not forget the helicopter and jet parts with Ada and Chris. OMG. Rant about that Vandal.
You couldn't have said it any better, I totally agree with all that. It feels like they add those sections just because they can, not because it is necessary...which it isn't. These newer RE games really need to stop with these god forsaken turret and vehicle sections because they are very uncalled for just like a bunch of other shit in the games as well, which I won't get into for the sake of my sanity and time. And they REALLY need to cut it out with all these chainsaw enemies for fucks sake. It was neat the first time it was done but now they just need to stop because it isn't cool anymore, it's just forced in with no necessity in being in the games in the first place.

And as for your idea of a game setting Spike, I think that would be pretty cool. I am interested in how that would work out in being in a full fledged game.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:52 pm

How about a mansion? And I haven't been keeping up with my venting because I've been busy as all hell. I just finished a music video. But honestly, if they go back to an enclosed space, I'd be good. Maybe give some reason to the actual name now.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:56 pm

The one place they have never touched up on and considering it to be a Japanese franchise I would really like them to do one set in Japan.
I really love urban Japan, there is just something about it that I find rather cool.
Furthermore I really loved "High school of the Dead".
I think that's what got me into wanting a Zombie game based in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:06 pm

Mcghie wrote:
The one place they have never touched up on and considering it to be a Japanese franchise I would really like them to do one set in Japan.
I really love urban Japan, there is just something about it that I find rather cool.
I think it would be pretty cool if it took place in a infected Japanese wooded area, where a bunch of small little villages would be or something along those lines. Japanese forests always seem to be pretty creepy which would make for a good atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:01 pm

I would enjoy some infected enemy, possibly a boss, that looks like that little girl from The Grudge and The Ring. Could be cool and scary new territory for an RE game. And for Japanese game developers to make a final RE game set in Japan would be slightly ironic and fitting.

This is my prediction, and since my wise predictions are 2-0 thus far, it's safe to say that is what we will get in RE7. I'm excited.

Nostradamus has spoken. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
I would enjoy some infected enemy, possibly a boss, that looks like that little girl from The Grudge and The Ring. Could be cool and scary new territory for an RE game. And for Japanese game developers to make a final RE game set in Japan would be slightly ironic and fitting.
That would be pretty cool if that were to happen, but then many people will say it is coping Fatal Frame god forbid. Kinda like how people say that the beta for RE4 was too paranormal for RE. lol
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 pm

This doesn't look good to anyone? A lonely rural place?

Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:54 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:

A place like that would work good, as long as it is a really fleshed out environment that can be utilized for a full game. That type of area would create a pretty eerie atmosphere which RE desperately needs these days.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Sargent D wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

A place like that would work good, as long as it is a really fleshed out environment that can be utilized for a full game. That type of area would create a pretty eerie atmosphere which RE desperately needs these days.
Exactly, somewhere quiet and out in the middle of no where.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:04 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Yeah and not in a crowded, noisy Chinese city with weapon wielding "zombies". lol
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 pm

Sargent D wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Yeah and not in a crowded, noisy Chinese city with weapon wielding "zombies". lol
Ugh, J'avo were the worst thing. >_<
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Hopefully enemies like that never appear in anymore RE games....but I can only dream of such things because I am sure they'll return in one form or another. T___T
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:33 pm

Sargent D wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Hopefully enemies like that never appear in anymore RE games....but I can only dream of such things because I am sure they'll return in one form or another. T___T
I hate that they feel the need to have enemies with projectile attacks in them. Even my favorite in the series, RE4, has the problem in a way.

Chainsaws I don't mind because a fast moving enemy with a loud insta-kill attack always adds tension, even when the enemies that have them make no literal sense (Revelations and RE6 I'm looking at you). There's no way you can justify having a chainsaw naturally grow from someone's body as the result of a virus. It simply cannot happen unless there's magic involved. What, did they get the DNA from a chainsaw and put it into the virus?
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:42 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
There's no way you can justify having a chainsaw naturally grow from someone's body as the result of a virus. It simply cannot happen unless there's magic involved. What, did they get the DNA from a chainsaw and put it into the virus?
Exactly I think it is flat out stupid that they have those enemies with chainsaws built into their body, it doesn't make any damn sense lol. When that one enemy showed up in RE6 with that chainsaw arm I couldn't even believe they actually did that, there is no need for all these chainsaw enemies. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Chainsaw DNA, now you're catching on. 3 buttons is a little naive Mr. Wayne.

And come on guys, the J'avo weren't so bad, they were better than RE5's PG, anti-racism, grabby "zombies". The J'avo have some pretty awesome mutations too, some of the best in the series. That's at least one good thing RE6 offers. The grasshopper leg mutations, the other flying or crawling insect mutations, etc. not to mention some of the different C-Virus BOWs.

But I am tired of enemies with projectiles, whether that be an AK-74, a stupid projectile that launches from their arms, or spitters, I want some zombies again.

I liked most of the C zombies, and I didn't mind the idiot ones that would just hold down on he trigger and spray random gunfire.

I want some regular slow classic zombays, and for gods sake give us some Crimson Heads. I mean like REmake V-Acts, some 28 Days/Weeks Later stuff. Although the ones in ORC were pretty deadly also.

Chainsaws were cool in RE4, that's all. Dr. Salvador and the Bella sisters; Brie and Nikki...or whatever their names may have been.

I'm just saying, lets keep in mind that the J'avo aren't lame, projectile and firearm and stupid chainsaw enemies are. Smile

Oh and I'm liking the Japan idea for the location. And one more thing, if Capcom is going to continue using "intelligent" enemies, stop only making them speak a foreign language or just screaming and whistling(and whatever else the J'avo do to communicate their desire to kill you and with eachother). This is another case of, it was cool in RE4, but now just STOP.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 9:38 pm

I didn't hate the J'avo or anything, I thought their various mutation were pretty cool too. I'm just saying that the chainsaw gimmick is getting old. The C-Virus zombies were my favorite enemies in RE6 by far, even if some of them had projectiles every once in a while. It was welcoming to see zombies return to the RE series. As for Crimson Heads being in another game, that would be simply badass and terrifying as all hell. I remember when playing REmake feeling scared as hell going back into rooms that had zombie corpses because I didn't know if it was gonna get back up and run after my ass, it really gives the player a feeling of anxiety and fear which RE needs to start trying to do again.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:09 pm

RE6 even had some pretty horrific moments. That whole part with Carla in Ada's campaign was cool and creepy. Seeing Carla's face on the walls. Razz

I think Capcom can still give us the horror, they just need to drop the co-op and the AI buddies. For starters anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 10:14 pm

Carla's face was pretty unsettling I'll give it that. As for dropping the AI partner system they REALLY need to drop that shit, at this point the only reason why they have this whole co-op system is just to have an excuse to have multiplayer, because in their eyes not having multiplayer is gonna turn away a lot of potential buyers of their game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:21 am

Spike, what happened to your idea of Jill in Egypt, going through a pyramid?

Sargent D wrote:
because in their eyes not having multiplayer is gonna turn away a lot of potential buyers of their game.
Which it propably would. I honestly have no problem in having a partner, though it would be pretty rad if they took some example from Portal 2 and have the single player and multiplayer campaigns as seperate stories. One for single player, one for co-op. Best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 5:27 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
And come on guys, the J'avo weren't so bad, they were better than RE5's PG, anti-racism, grabby "zombies". The J'avo have some pretty awesome mutations too, some of the best in the series. That's at least one good thing RE6 offers. The grasshopper leg mutations, the other flying or crawling insect mutations, etc. not to mention some of the different C-Virus BOWs.
They aren't too bad in the campaign, but in Mercenaries they eaily ruin your combos by having really obnoxious invincibility phases when transforming.

Really, for me it all comes down to the fact that both options for aiming in RE6 are terrible. If RE6 pulled off the aiming laser well or had better reticule aiming like in RRHD, I'd probably still retain the high opinion of the game that I had the first several months of owning it. Eventually the quality deteriorated when I found myself getting frustrated everytime I played it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next