HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?

Go down 
+15
RebelliousQueen
TyrantSteve
Ssplain
Nobudy
Ghost Leader
Terra420
PWNERX
Shrike
Mass Distraction
Mcghie
Vandal
MSR
PAULSAMSON
RaviorStygian
Sargent D
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 4:08 pm

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 TrollFaceDancing
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:05 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Another one I would like would be dark woods. The game is nighttime until the very end with the helicopter and explosion.
Hmm. I don't know. Isn't that just RE1? But instead of being in the Masion, you're in the Arklay Forest.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 3:11 pm

I would like it to be somewhere inside. No traveling all over the place as previously stated by someone.
While they are on this terrorist trend use it realistically. Have a bio-terrorist attack on some huge company; pharmaceutical, financial, or somewhere random all together as long as it is a very large building. The building would obviously be quarantined.

Have the game take place inside of this building! I guess kind of like Degeneration's mobile game, but on a much larger scale.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:30 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I would like it to be somewhere inside. No traveling all over the place as previously stated by someone.
While they are on this terrorist trend use it realistically. Have a bio-terrorist attack on some huge company; pharmaceutical, financial, or somewhere random all together as long as it is a very large building. The building would obviously be quarantined.

Have the game take place inside of this building! I guess kind of like Degeneration's mobile game, but on a much larger scale.
I doubt it would be inside of one building only. RE2, 3, CV, 4, 5, and 6 make you go from one location to another. If it does happen though, it has to be with a new character. Someone who isn't a seasoned veteran or someone with barely any combat skills.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 12:58 am

I would not mind seeing someone new at all, but chances are for now the star will be a veteran. I think they could pull it off if Claire was the star. She would be there on business. She does not carry guns around and she is not physically strong nor trained to the extent that the rest of the veterans are.

For plot the business she would be tending to could be a conference for an act against bio-warfare.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:31 am

Ssplain wrote:
I would not mind seeing someone new at all, but chances are for now the star will be a veteran. I think they could pull it off if Claire was the star. She would be there on business. She does not carry guns around and she is not physically strong nor trained to the extent that the rest of the veterans are.

For plot the business she would be tending to could be a conference for an act against bio-warfare.
It sounds plausible. But, knowing Capcom, if it's not what the majority wants, they'll do something else.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:07 am

The problem is that they went overboard with action and fast paced gameplay to make a stationary map like that for the whole game. Even Revelations had more locations, though I did not mind them because most of the game was on Zenobia, unlike 6 which was all over the fucking place.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 11:39 am

Yes Nobudy you are exactly right, and the favoritism sadly leans to action oriented.

Revelations did have a few locations, but it was done properly for the most part. If the main story here was in this 1 building (skyscraper type building), then it would be perfectly okay if the game is similiar to Revelations. The BSAA could be working in a different location to figure out who is behind it all. If Claire is in the building you can bet your butt that Chris would be doing something. This could play out like the episodes in Revelations. Swapping back in forth between the two. I had rather not play Chris again, but it fits for this situation.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Yes Nobudy you are exactly right, and the favoritism sadly leans to action oriented.

Revelations did have a few locations, but it was done properly for the most part. If the main story here was in this 1 building (skyscraper type building), then it would be perfectly okay if the game is similiar to Revelations. The BSAA could be working in a different location to figure out who is behind it all. If Claire is in the building you can bet your butt that Chris would be doing something. This could play out like the episodes in Revelations. Swapping back in forth between the two. I had rather not play Chris again, but it fits for this situation.
I didn't have a problem with 6 being in multiple places, but as big as it was in terms of Geography, and the PS4 coming out, I feel as if Capcom might attempt to keep things big again. An in-universe explanation would be that Bio-terrorism has expanded too far to be contained to one area only. Pus, with Albert Wesker, out of the picture and Alex Wesker possibly around, who knows of the possibilities. But what do I know? For all we know, they might do a reboot.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

I didn't have a problem with 6 being in multiple places, but as big as it was in terms of Geography, and the PS4 coming out, I feel as if Capcom might attempt to keep things big again. An in-universe explanation would be that Bio-terrorism has expanded too far to be contained to one area only. Pus, with Albert Wesker, out of the picture and Alex Wesker possibly around, who knows of the possibilities. But what do I know? For all we know, they might do a reboot.
I hope this is not the case:x. If every game is on a large scale like 6 we will be dipping into Paul W. S. Anderson material before you know it. I really hope they tone it down before they do that again. I am a little afraid of a reboot. I would hope Raccoon city would be left as it happened. The story following that could be made with much greater care though IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

I hope this is not the case:x. If every game is on a large scale like 6 we will be dipping into Paul W. S. Anderson material before you know it. I really hope they tone it down before they do that again. I am a little afraid of a reboot. I would hope Raccoon city would be left as it happened. The story following that could be made with much greater care though IMO.
A reboot doesn't necessarily mean they'll time travel the franchise back to Raccoon City, chances are it'd simply be a new story arc not connected to it or Umbrella or anything that previously happened.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 3:42 pm

I'd like a small town in the backroads of America, an oil platform in the middle of the ocean, a frigid, snow-ridden town in Russia or Austria with an abandoned bunker, an underground lab in somewhere like Switzerland or Australia, a more "urban" part of an English city, a random school, an old cottage in the English countryside, I want things like this in the next Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:28 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
I'd like a small town in the backroads of America, an oil platform in the middle of the ocean, a frigid, snow-ridden town in Russia or Austria with an abandoned bunker, an underground lab in somewhere like Switzerland or Australia, a more "urban" part of an English city, a random school, an old cottage in the English countryside, I want things like this in the next Resident Evil.

Ohhh, you just gave me an idea. A countryside city that was cover up for another of Umbrella's hidden laboratories. The plot of the story revolves around something that was in the lab that could be vital too bla bla bla, for bla bla bla reasons. The city would be creepy and abandoned since the collapse of Umbrella. Everything would be secretive as Umbrella always was. The antagonist could be a former employee or someone from a different company trying to obtain sometime from said lab. There would be a lot they could do with this and a lot of mystery behind a newly discovered lab of Umbrella's.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:38 pm

Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Ohhh, you just gave me an idea. A countryside city that was cover up for another of Umbrella's hidden laboratories. The plot of the story revolves around something that was in the lab that could be vital too bla bla bla, for bla bla bla reasons. The city would be creepy and abandoned since the collapse of Umbrella. Everything would be secretive as Umbrella always was. The antagonist could be a former employee or someone from a different company trying to obtain sometime from said lab. There would be a lot they could do with this and a lot of mystery behind a newly discovered lab of Umbrella's.

Intriguing. Perhaps it could take some inspiration from the S.D. Perry novels?
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Hah! Someone has been reading my post Wink . The Underworld book would be a similiar situation, although not quite the same. It could very well take some inspiration from it. If the city showed the signs that it had been abandoned for years, and it is a single player game, it would do wonders for atmosphere and those cheap scares.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:02 pm

Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Hah! Someone has been reading my post Wink . The Underworld book would be a similiar situation, although not quite the same. It could very well take some inspiration from it. If the city showed the signs that it had been abandoned for years, and it is a single player game, it would do wonders for atmosphere and those cheap scares.

Maybe it's a midquel, taking place between CVX and 4, detailing a prtagonist investigating for a way to ensure the downfall of Umbrella; also involving a version of the base from Underworld.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:43 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

Maybe it's a midquel, taking place between CVX and 4, detailing a prtagonist investigating for a way to ensure the downfall of Umbrella; also involving a version of the base from Underworld.

That would be a very fun game IMO! They could bring in Rebecca like Underworld. They could twist a lot up and take that story a long ways. There could be director like Reston in there who unleashes havoc on the invaders. Wesker's group could be after something. Hunk could play a part. We could see the new monsters from Underworld, leading up too Fossil of course, and also some more familiar monsters! Soo much could be done with that! This is just things that would take place in the lab, not including what could happen on the surface!

Ah this is just me ranting about a game I would love to see....
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

That would be a very fun game IMO! They could bring in Rebecca like Underworld. They could twist a lot up and take that story a long ways. There could be director like Reston in there who unleashes havoc on the invaders. Wesker's group could be after something. Hunk could play a part. We could see the new monsters from Underworld, leading up too Fossil of course, and also some more familiar monsters! Soo much could be done with that! This is just things that would take place in the lab, not including what could happen on the surface!

Ah this is just me ranting about a game I would love to see....

I'd love to see it, too. A semi-adaption of Underworld, it'd be a chance to bring many old characters back into the fray. Barry, Claire, Steve, the possibilities of such a game would be near endless. A real return to Evil.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 10:29 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
I'd like a small town in the backroads of America
This idea brings back memories of how good Parasite Eve 2 was and how in love with the Dryfields level design I was.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 11:56 pm

What about big city New York? Or up north? Or under water? Or outer space?
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:17 am

Mcghie wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
This idea brings back memories of how good Parasite Eve 2 was and how in love with the Dryfields level design I was.

A lot of people forget that one of the great things about the older RE games were the enviroments. The older enviroments oozed atmosphere and could invoke strong emotions in many a player. That, in my opinion, should be the imperative in the next game; coming up awe-inspiring settings and locations to immerse the player once more.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 3:35 am

Vandal wrote:

New York sounds cool. What do you mean by outerspace? Like a Star Wars, and Star Trek Razz or more like Dead Space. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 4:26 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Vandal wrote:

New York sounds cool. What do you mean by outerspace? Like a Star Wars, and Star Trek :Por more like Dead Space. Smile

That's already been covered, kinda, in one of the Resident Evil comics. Admirably, I might add.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 9:09 am

Vandal wrote:
What about big city New York?

Yet another location that has got me reminiscing about Parasite eve 2.
The locations in that game where brilliant.
I tried to fight this craving but I have to go play PE2 now.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 pm

TyrantSteve wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

A lot of people forget that one of the great things about the older RE games were the enviroments. The older enviroments oozed atmosphere and could invoke strong emotions in many a player. That, in my opinion, should be the imperative in the next game; coming up awe-inspiring settings and locations to immerse the player once more.

I agree. The atmosphere increases the value of many other characteristics in a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?   Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Do You Want the Next RE to Take Place?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next