Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]

Go down 
+12
PWNERX
Known_Hero
Limey
Industrial Ridden
Shrike
Nobudy
Mcghie
Cyberization
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
jadenman3000
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jadenman3000
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
jadenman3000

Playstation Network JadensLobbies

⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] Empty
PostSubject: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:37 pm

Here's some of my Oppinons about some of the resident evils post Urs below

-= Resident Evil 4 -> To me this is still the best <-
-= Resident Evil 5 -> It's OKAY and still fun <-
-= Resident Evil 6 -> Didn't like it at all <-
-= Raccoon City -> I haven't played it yet <-
-= Resident Evil Ø -> Very fun I highly recommend it <-
-= Resident Code Veronica -> It's good & fun but crap to me I got to the last part and I forgot to grab the fire extinguisher <-

Post Urs below Very Happy

Last edited by jadenman3000 on Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:48 pm

RE1/DC - Classic
RE2 - Classic, but not as good as RE1
RE3 - The best one out of all to me
CVX - The best in terms of atmosphere; my third overall favorite
Gun Survivor - Good story, but too short
Outbreak - Meh
Dead Aim - I can't be the only person weirded out by Morpheus.
REmake - Took the original and piled on the awesome; my second overall favorite
RE0 - Loved it, but disliked the inventory and the leech hunter minigame always glitched on me.
RE4 and everything after - CoD-inspired action shooter shit.
Back to top Go down
jadenman3000
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
jadenman3000

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:50 pm

Wow nice oppinons
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 2:57 am

I assume this is only for the games and not the movies/books/comics.

RE:DC/DS - Good enough for me two have two versions of it.
RE2 - I think this is the one I've played the most aside from RE5. A masterpiece.
RE3 - My overall favorite of the series. Can't go wrong with Nemesis.
RE4 - A really good game for its time but doesn't have the same charm for me anymore.
RE5 - My third favorite overall. The sheer replay value is amazing.
RE6 - It's a good game and I've had a few fun runs on it. Not the best, not the worst.
Revelations - A solid entry to the series and really brought back the horror elements.
Survivor - Looks bad but feels good. The story here is great.
Survivor 2 - Interesting concept but horrible controls make it almost unplayable.
Dead Aim - My second favorite of them all. The atmosphere is one of the best in the series.
Umbrella Chronicles - A nice, short recap on previous events with some added content, which is a plus.
Outbreak - A ton of characters, familiar settings and a true survival feel to it. Another solid title.
ORC - Not as bad as people say it is. I've been wanting to go and play through it again recently because I found it fun.
Confidential Report - Nice strategic action with all new story. Good game.
Mercenaries 3D - Short lived but fun while it lasted. After everything is done there's not much to it. Fun with friends.
Gaiden - The fact that this adds some RPG elements to an RE game is an instant plus for me.
Genesis - A really weird version of the original. Not sure what to think of it.
Uprising - Same as above but with RE2.
Missions - WHY DOES THIS GAME EXIST?!?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:40 am

RE 5 - The best game ive ever played, Story is brilliant, awesome characters, models looked perfect and those graphics man, it will always be RE masterpiece, plus it has newer Chris in it. 4 years passed and i still have it on my pc . . .

RERemake - brilliant looking and pure Old School Hor Sur

RE4 - thats were the new generation of RE takes off, graphics sucked, but game was pretty good

RE6 - Dont get why you guys dont like it, awesome graphics brilliant story . . .

RE3 - among the old school re this one is the creepiest . . .

Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 5:40 am

jadenman3000, you have no opinions on RE1-3? Neutral

Mine:

RE1 - Great for its time. Very dated now but still good fun.
RE2 - Always a blast to play through. One of the best, it's a little too easy though. Great replay value.
RE3 - My second favourite. I love every part of this one, especially the soundtrack. The city has such a great atmosphere.
CVX - I like that Claire's back, and the music is superb, but I miss pre-rendered backgrounds. Everything in this game looks so bland. It kills the atmosphere IMO.
REmake - Capcom at the top of their game. Simply a masterpiece. My favourite game ever.
Zero - Unfairly maligned. Item management can be a pain, but I think it's a really solid RE title. On par with RE2.
Outbreak - Good game. Fairly challenging, and decent replay value. I like it.
RE4 - First playthrough - amazing. All subsequent playthroughs - utter, utter tedium. The storyline is total bullshit.
Umbrella Chronicles - I love the Wesker sections, and Umbrella's End. Everything else is garbage.
RE5 - Fun for a while, but the story/characters/plot went off the deep end in this game. Has the best post-RE3 Mercs mode though.
RE6 - Mediocre in all aspects, except for the creature design, which I love. The story is nonsensical. Wasted potential.

Back to top Go down
jadenman3000
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
jadenman3000

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 am

@Cyberization

Yeah I haven't played or even saw anything to do with them, So Iv'e decided to leave them out. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 12:35 pm

RE1 - It is a like a fine wine, age does not decrease its final quality.
It has its little flaws (bad VA etc) but you can see past they things.

RE2 - A little easy but I will always hold it dear because it was the first RE
I began to play. The storyline is amazing, OST is tremendously emotional and
really takes control of your experience, the character development was great
and the amount of added extras in the game that gave it a lot of replay value.
The zapping system was a neat little feature and thought it was great that you
could get two alternative stories for the characters.

RE3 - One of the scariest RE3 for me when I was growing up.
The constant fear of being stalked by nemesis really wrecked my nerves to the
point I eventually just stopped playing it for a while.
Storyline was great, gameplay was fantastic and made you feel like a survivor trying
your damned hardest to get out of Raccoon City.
The features where amazing, the whole gun powder and bullet making tool to
fabricate your own bullets was defiantly a life saver and pretty fun.
The dodge system has saved my life plenty of times and is such a great feature to
have as the game is overwhelmed with enemies.

RE:CV - Something about it gave me the same felling as RE2 did.
Really loved this title, the atmosphere was great and aided by a very well done
OST just made it all that better.

REmake - Do I really even have to say anything ?
A REmake of a timeless classic that actually payed off and added to
the experience we all got back in '97.
The added parts to the game really tied up so loose ends but also giving
You a fresh experience at the same time.
Simply love this game.

RE: Zero - Not played this title as much but I was really immersed on my first playthrough.
The game felt like REmake but a lot smoother, the atmosphere was still as scary
and the feature of letting your drop items was amazing, unless it was a key item
that you need later on and couldn't remember where you put it lol.

Re: Outbreak - Loved these games. I have never completed them though and I don't know
why. I just randomly stopped playing them but I thought the concept of the
game was brilliant. It made you feel like more of a survivor.
The game as you rushing about in a blind panic from the start
not giving you chance to learn the ropes which I really love and
adds to the overall horror effect.

RE : Survivor - Highly under-rated and a very enjoyable game.
The story is pretty doesn't and the gameplay is linear but
has that arcade flavour that I love (I used to play arcade shooters a lot
when places actually still had arcades)

RE : Gaiden - Another under rated title that I thought was fantastic
sure it's a gameboy release but it had some fun elements to it
like the RPG style fighting system and to be honest there wasn't
any other portable RE games so I loved to play this when I was on the go.

RE4 - Brilliant atmosphere, OST and gameplay. Lacked in the story and character
development area but overall an enjoyed title.

RE : UC - As I pointed out with survivor it was a arcade style shooter and I loved
how the story was narrated by Wesker.

RE : DC - A better looking version of UC, the graphics where lovely and we
got to see RE2 with better graphics , its not a REmake but hey ... it was
better than nothing.

RE5 - Story was amazing, probably the best in the series in the series, graphics
where eye candy but the game did have horrible mechanics and the AI
partner system was horrific if playing solo.
Overall a great game and I still play it from time to time.

RE6 - I'v covered this game many of times so I'm not going into all the details
again. What I will say is it doesn't deserve all the hate.

Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyMon Apr 01, 2013 3:49 pm

RE1: I tried playing the PC version, but apparently it hates Windows 7. So, via the RE6 Anthology, I got to play the dual-shock version (Why it said Director's cut I'll never know). It was enjoyable, but I still like 2 more than this one. Though the voice acting and cut-scenes made me laugh more than tense.

RE2: Out of RE0 - 3, This will be my all time favorite. Four min-scenarios (albeit similar) compressed into one game? Excellent choice on Capcom's part. The game play, the characters, and the openness.

RE3 Nemesis: In some cases, I find it boring during certain area (then again, what game doesn't have that). Maybe it's because it's a spinoff. Regardless, it's still a fun game to play if you haven't played in a while or if you're playing the games in canon order.

RE CVX: Because it follows Claire (Later Chris), it gave me an RE2 feeling during some segments. It was neat how they managed to make Leon a key character in this game even though we don't see a vertex out of him. Again, the openness, adding characters, making the knife useful, and the largeness overall. A good way to go for entering the 6th generation. The one thing that irked me was getting A- rank and how we can only save at the end of part 1. I still got an A-rank, but still.

RE Remake: I'll be honest, I like this game more than the original. Maybe it has to do with the more polished linear story. Maybe it's because I had more tense moments in this game than the original.

RE0:I find it to be pretty cool with the added co-op. It's nothing too different from REmake other than dropping items (But why get rid of item boxes?).

RE4: I don't know why some people are getting mad because it doesn't play like the older games. I'll be honest, this was my first Resident Evil, but I love it just as much as 2. So don't give me any crap about not being a "true" fan just because I didn't start with the first game that came out the day before I was born. The OTS camera made me feel as if I was playing GTA sometimes, but finally getting a better feel as to where your enemies are positioned is pretty nice (Not that I had a problem with it before). The one aspect of this game that annoyed me was the addition of button mashing QTEs. I didn't have a problem with sequential presses, but forcing me to mash a button just so I can continue with the game, is pretty stupid.

RE5: Same as 4, but with an expansion, more melee (honestly, would you wait for an opponent you're trying to kill to get back up before you punch him?), and true co-op. And anyone who disagrees with me there, just think, If you were alone in an area you're not familiar with, wouldn't you bring someone who DOES know the area? Granted, 4 did something like that, but it was unintentional. The gameplay is great, the graphics were definitely great, and the story? Cool.

RE6: Same as 4, quit bashing this game just because it doesn't play like the older games. Comparing RE6 to 1 is like comparing windows 7 to windows 95. Of course there'll be drastic changes in between those years. Four RE4 sized campaigns with story intersections with three different gameplay styles (Chris' and Jake's are too similar), moving and shooting (realistically, would you run, stand and shoot rather than moving a little while shooting?), even more fluid animations, and updated AI (no more wasting ammo/health items on them). Much like 2 and 4. My like factor for this game is almost at its level.

"HD" Chronicles: A good way to brush up on the story. Even better when playing with someone.

Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:54 am

jadenman3000 wrote:
@Cyberization

Yeah I haven't played or even saw anything to do with them, So Iv'e decided to leave them out. Razz

Yea i've got the same prob here, haven't played some parts cs of not having certain console, its kinda unfair, i think all the RE games should be ported to PC, cs not everyone has certain consoles (or as in my case no consoles at all), but everybody has PC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 4:57 am

jadenman3000 wrote:
@Cyberization

Oh my COD! You really need to play those. They're available for pretty much every platform nowadays, sans XBox.

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
i think all the RE games should be ported to PC, cs not everyone has certain consoles (or as in my case no consoles at all), but everybody has PC.
At least the original trilogy is on the PC. You should get RE2 on that Razz

There's also a PC version of Survivor but I guess getting that would be much more trouble than it's worth.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

There's also a PC version of Survivor but I guess getting that would be much more trouble than it's worth.

Like what on emulators? ? ? haven't heard that there was a PC port of early REs, i've played 2 back in PS1 days, and i have re3 and REmake, only on emulators (dont tell anyone Rolling Eyes), guess I should do more research, cs im really tired with emulator errors and crashes, if you could help, that would be awesome . . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Like what on emulators? ? ? haven't heard that there was a PC port of early REs, i've played 2 back in PS1 days, and i have re3 and REmake, only on emulators (dont tell anyone Rolling Eyes), guess I should do more research, cs im really tired with emulator errors and crashes, if you could help, that would be awesome . . . .
I have both RE2 and RE3 on PC as, you know, actual PC copies. RE3 in its glorious big box and RE2... Well, I kinda lost the box for that one. Still pissed about it. Anyway, you can also get the first RE on PC as when I was buying my PC version of RE3 I almost went with the original instead. eBay and Amazon are good places to start looking.

You could also get ORC on PC (not an old title, I know) if you're still interested in trying it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 5:19 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I have both RE2 and RE3 on PC as, you know, actual PC copies. RE3 in its glorious big box and RE2... Well, I kinda lost the box for that one. Still pissed about it. Anyway, you can also get the first RE on PC as when I was buying my PC version of RE3 I almost went with the original instead. eBay and Amazon are good places to start looking.

You could also get ORC on PC (not an old title, I know) if you're still interested in trying it.

Id really love to play re 2, havent played that for a long time. TNX 4 the tip, i've just checked on wikie and it has Winows in platforms section.

By orc u mean Op Racc City?> I have it, went through it, didnt like it much Smile TNX again . . .
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:11 am

As for re3, you might also want to try it on a gamecube emulator. It looks so much better.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:49 am

jadenman3000 wrote:
Wow nice oppinons your opinions are 24-karat gold and should be declared universally factual!
Why thank you so much for saying that! Very Happy

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:11 am

No, they actually ported all the first 3 games on PC when they where released.
A Japanese company called sourceNext also done a port for 2 and 3 back in 2008/09 and re-encoded the FMV at a higher resolution and running at 30FPS, they look amazing !
Also they updated the colour pallet so the textures look a little fresher.
The PC versions look very good but you can have a little trouble running them on newer OS's, just hit me up if you have any problem with them.
Don't worry as long as you own the original copy of the game and are using your own PS bios then emulators are not illegal in any way, shape or form.
Yeah emulators can miss a lot of the special effects in games and in some cases cause major artefacts within the graphics.
I was playing Ghost in the shell on a emulator and the first boss mech fight the whole mech is surrounded in a polygonal,multi colour box, its horrific lol.
That is one of the reason why I'm buying a HD PVR, as to capture game footage using the actual hardware.
In saying that though the playstation emulator runs pretty flawless without crashing, apart from the random glitching within some games it an okay program.

Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:23 pm

RE1/REmake : I have to put these together because I can't decide, but it's definitely my all time favorite. The only game bar CV to have the check option where you can actually examine the goddamn object.
RE2 : Brilliant. Fun with 2 scenarios (4 actually because you can swap them) and the best mini game ever to grace RE franchise - the Extreme Battle. So much randomness and lvl 3 is what a real gamer should experience if they like challenge.
RE3 : Nemesis. One of my favorite icons of all time. The game is as amazing as it was when it came out. The OST rocked the most out of all RE titles. Probably my second favorite (it's up against 2).
RECV : Excellent game. Good atmosphere, not because the surroundings were scary, but because the monsters were really good. Zombies were back to like they were in RE1 - so rotten they were white.
RE0 : Aside the annoying fact that you didn't have the item box, it was an amazing game. Billy was cool, though I would have liked him more if he actually did kill that guy he was accused of. 0 had some great puzzles. Great game, again.
RE4 : Despite me not liking the shooter approach that this game took, the game was great. It had some horror elements still, interesting enemies, very good inventory system and fun weapons. It had new aim, which was fun to test. The difficulty of 4 is the best out of all REs, I'd dare say. Edit: It did have the most idiotic storyline though. Jesus.
RE5 : Introduces co-op, which kills the atmosphere right off the bat for me. This was the beginning of the end. The game had good mechanics (even though some people whined, the game mech was fantastic), interesting enemies, and great storyline (RE wise), but that's about it for me. It was a good experience, finished it 2 times, but I doubt I will ever return to it. Played Veteran fist time, Pro second time, and that's enough for me. It also had the sucky system with the weapon upgrades and buying shit. Disliked the inventory, too.
RE6 : Already said in the other thread > this game is a huge pile of running around like a headless chicken and things exploding and shooting and whatever. Had some good sides to it, but it's just behind ORC for the worst RE game.
RE:ORC : The worst RE game. Was okay to play through once, though annoying even so. Horrible mechanics and idiotic AI.

Last edited by Shrike on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 7:50 pm

RE0 - I never actually completed it, but from what I've played (and remember), It was bothering the shit outta me cuz I was stuck at this church or something. (Again, haven't played it in a while.)

RE:Director's Cut - I love it, I love the voice acting just because it makes me laugh. This was the very first RE game I ever got, and it was on the PS1.

RE2 - I really like this game, I loved the lickers, I loved the RPD, I loved it being the first RE game to introduce an urban setting, (Not really a fan of Games, any games in general, taking place in anything outside a city, unless a really good plot comes into play, or some other rare event.)

RE3 - Not as good as RE2, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

CV - One of my favorites to this day, I have the PS2 version so I'm able to see some of the extra scenes. Even though it isn't in a city, the plot makes up for it.

RE4 - The plot is ok i Guess, still not in a city. Characters weren't really developed all that well. I still like this better than RE3 though.

RE5 - This is where the franchise (for me anyways) started getting to the point where scenes made my Jaw Drop. Wesker (my favorite RE characters of all time) returns in such a badass form. Chris was awesome as usual, and I love a lot of the characters. Except for Sheva. If only she would have been replaced with someone like Rebecca or something, it would of been better. Besides, Rebecca is STILL hotter than Sheva.

RE6 - My favorite RE game to date, with CV and RE5 coming in 2nd and 3rd. Although I hate Ada's Campaign cuz of how boring it was, All three of the other campaign's made up for it. Leon's felt the most like RE, and it felt good to return to the city setting in all the campaigns. Chris's campaign was the best for me. The plot was amazing. Jake's didn't have an Amazing plot, or didn't really follow in RE, it still was very fun to play. I also have negative things to say, but I'll wait for someone to ask me.

RE REMAKE - I like it better than the Director's cut for a few good reason.
1 - Lisa Trevor - Lisa was pretty creepy, and I loved when I first heard the chain sound when I examined the gated door under the stairs in the main hall.
2 - The mansion is EVEN BIGGER!
3 - Jill is sooo much hotter. Especially when you unlock her mini skirt outfit. Sometimes I try to even allow a hunter to put me on the ground just so I can see up her skirt.

OUTBREAKS - I love both outbreaks, I loved almost enough to make them go onto my top 3 list. I cannot choose a favorite character from them, I like them all as a whole. I guess Alyssa pisses me off, but that's about it.

I played Dead Aim and ORC, but I don't think they are worthy ofor me to state my opinion about them. I guess that kinda says something already.

So yeah, my top 3 RE games based on Plot, Gameplay, and Character Development is....

3 - Resident Evil 5
2 - Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
1 - Resident Evil 6
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 8:26 pm

RE0 - IMO, 0 is the most normal RE experience and I think it introduced how Co-Op should have been: distant. The redeeming feature of 0, in my opinion, is the nature of it as a prequel, reminiscent qualities to RE1 in environment design, and the quality of the two protagonists.
RE 1/REmake - Exceptional, the epitome of the series with traps, bizarre bioweapons, and a creepy mansion with dense hallways.
RE 2 - A wonderful change which progresses the main story into a huge scenario and introduces more intensity to suit the additional space. Brilliant new characters, the intricacy of Racoon City, and the craziness of the G-Virus.
RE 3 - This, in my opinion, acts closer to a subplot of RE2 and whilst Nemesis is brilliant as the best bioweapon to date, along with Umbrella's covert actions being fascinating as expanded from when we witnessed HUNK in RE2, it's a nice arc for Jill's survival throughout the crises.
RE: CV - Brilliant for a new setting on a desolate island which hosts many unusual Umbrella facilities, memorable creatures and fights (cargo plane?!), Alexander/Alexia duo who're creepy as the pinnacle of Resident Evil and Wesker's unraveling.
RE: OB 1/2 - Whilst RE0 was average in mechanics, OB is as well, but it certainly has many interesting stories, small as they are in scale, and these are more defined than the characters who are otherwise dull. The multiplayer was the peak without being too intrusive and it's simply random people, opposed to investigators, enduring the events whilst discovering truths.
RE 4 - Although it changed the premise of Resident Evil - surviving to escape - it executed a fresh concept to support the alteration(s) and created a unique experience, distinctively Resident Evil in environments/monsters/fights whilst lacking the former style of survival. Despite progressing Wesker, Ada and Leon in their roles, plus revealing facts such as Umbrella's downfall, it had a contained story which was similar to Nemesis in the sense it didn't contribute to much to the overall arc of the franchise aside a few substantial facts.
RE 5 - Essentially a copy of RE4 without the novelty and atmospheric effects, but it did introduce smoother gameplay overall. The game contributes heavily to Resident Evil lore with Umbrella's substitute, resolving Wesker's storyline, BSAA founding, and the origin of the proginitor virus.
RE 6 - Lacked all of the beauty of previous entries and the only positives are ordinarily derailed with an attached element debauching it. Substandard creature design, inferior controls, absent atmosphere, inadequate characterization, generic environments/fights, dull story, removed customization, forgettable bosses, ill-thought QTE's, unfocused vision and unbalanced mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:04 am

I'm really enjoying reading all these different opinions people have on the games Very Happy The diversity is nice.

Now, while we wait for new posts...
Industrial Ridden wrote:
I also have negative things to say, but I'll wait for someone to ask me.
Go on.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 6:05 am

Shrike wrote:
RE0 : Aside the annoying fact that you didn't have the item box, it was an amazing game. Billy was cool, though I would have liked him more if he actually did kill that guy he was accused of. 0 had some great puzzles. Great game, again.

Agreed. I'm replaying Zero just now, and it made me think again just how much more tense the game would have been if Billy's background had remained really ambiguous. I remember the first time I played it, the whole first half of the game I felt very conflicted. I was like "Can I really trust this guy?". That was a cool feeling, combined with the classic RE isolation it made for such an atmosphere.

Limey wrote:
RE 6 - Lacked all of the beauty of previous entries and the only positives are ordinarily derailed with an attached element debauching it. Substandard creature design, inferior controls, absent atmosphere, inadequate characterization, generic environments/fights, dull story, removed customization, forgettable bosses, ill-thought QTE's, unfocused vision and unbalanced mechanics.

So........RE6 is your favourite then? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:20 am

Shrike wrote:
Billy was cool, though I would have liked him more if he actually did kill that guy he was accused of.
Actually, he was accused of killing an entire village. But the story he told Rebecca (which could very well have been a flat out lie, for all we know, yet so many accept it blindly as truth at face value for some reason in spite of the fact that we never hear any other side to it) implies that he attacked and possibly killed only his team leader, the individual that allegedly ordered said massacre.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 10:43 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I'm really enjoying reading all these different opinions people have on the games Very Happy The diversity is nice.

Now, while we wait for new posts...
Industrial Ridden wrote:
I also have negative things to say, but I'll wait for someone to ask me.
Go on.

Well first of all, I didn't really like all of the action in Leon's and Jake's campaign. I though it was appropriate for Chris's, but I don't think it was needed for them two. Second, there are many times throughout all the campaigns where characters either fall from somewhere very high, or is in a situation where in reality, they should of atleast broken a few bones. I hate that the campaigns get shorter and shorter from Leon's to Ada's. I understand Ada's is supposed to be the shortest, and I actually wanted it to be like Seperate Ways, but Chris's and Jake's campaigns just got shorter. They should of exdended them to make the just as long as Leon's. Sometimes I play through a Chapter that takes me 2 hours to complete, and sometimes a chapter takes me just 40 minutes to complete. KEEP A STEADY PACE JEEZ!

I didn't realy like Helana as usual. Piers was alright, Sherry was actually hot. And I felt there was no need to add Agent. Many parts of the game I felt were either rushed, or they made it so it took forever to get passed a certain part. RE5 did that just fine. Although they were quite a few things that I hated, I love the game too much. So much that I can simply ignore the fact that I even hate somethings. Also, I hate the way Helana says "Cathedral."
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm

RE1
Pros:very atmospheric, great story.
Cons: bad voice acting, silly dialogue.

RE2
Pros: legendary intro, great villain(umbrella), Ms Wong!
Cons: too many ammo drops

-my favorite

RE3
Pros: Nemesis encounters, random spawns, decision making, Hellish Agony
Cons: Carlos' repetitive Latin loverboy act

-scariest game of all time, IMO.

RECV
Pros: Chris vs Wesker showdown, No helicopter ending
Cons:Weak story, silly villain, Steve

RE4
Pros: improved mercenaries mode, fun gameplay, best side missions in re history(SW & AA)
Cons: no horror, throwaway villain, babysitting Ashley

RE5 (Gold)
Pros: improved gameplay, best mercenaries in the series, introducted stat tracking, tons of costumes and other unlockables, Sheva!
Cons: prioritized action even more than RE4, mindnumbingly boring Chris, killable partner.

RE:ORC
Pros: good soundtrack, entertaining MP, Samurai's Edge
Cons: poorly written story, no squad banter, unbalanced MP, lack of content, craptacular ending, dumbed down Birken

RE6
Pros: best gameplay of the series, great soundtrack, expansive story, Ada x2
Cons: very little horror, no teammate item swapping, too many weapons, forgettable villains(Ustanak, Simmons), no unlockable costumes

Last edited by Known_Hero on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]   ⇔Resident Evil [Opinions] Empty

Back to top Go down

⇔Resident Evil [Opinions]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next