HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)

Go down 
+13
Mcghie
TerraSavior
Vandal
Ghost Leader
MSR
SWITCHMYND
Industrial Ridden
ChickenHeart
chrisredfielmusculo
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
ChrisSherry
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 7:49 am

PWNERX wrote:
Rain Again: Cloning. Period. Also, clearly getting better after taking the antidote and then turning suddenly was stretching it quite a bit. And by captain obvious, I mean pointing out a majority of the pre-explained things in the movie and making it simplified so theater idiots can understand explanations.
Cloning has no impact whatsoever on Rain as a character. And she didn't "get better", the vaccine was just administered too late after infection. She was bit at least twice that I remember quite early in the movie and they didn't find the vaccine case until the very end.

Quote :
JD: Moaning and groaning on one side of an open elevator door, and he's like "There, was that so hard?". Cue munching. That's a good 5 seconds that he wasted standing still and not paying attention to his surroundings instead of paying attention and being alive...for some extra screen-time, at least.
They were in a chaotic gunfight. In a confined space. Underground. The sound of gunfire doesn't immediately dissipate in that environment, it bounces around. Remember what happened in Walking Dead episode 1 when Rick fired his revolver inside the tank? It's entirely reasonable that with all the shooting and shouting, he didn't hear anything on the other side. There's a reason soldiers and police wear hearing protection, even on outdoor shooting and training ranges. And add to that, the fact that elevators are actually quite soundproof compared to your average thin wooden bedroom door.

Quote :
K-Mart: Found in a nearby K-Mart. Someone got paid for that name, and it wasn't Wal-Mart.
It was mentioned in passing one time in the entire series. That's neither product placement nor endorsement and is certainly not prominent. And you don't necessarily have to pay anyone to speak a word, even a copyrighted one, in a movie.

Quote :
The USS Again: Hunk survived Birkin, and if Outbreak File 3 was ever released, there would've been 1 more... somehow. The USS on the Ecliptic Express all died, but there were still survivors from Raccoon (not including NIGHTHAWK and HUNK). This all depends on the canonicity of the Outbreak series, but still. And regarding the RE1 USS clean-up squad, they work for Umbrella, so it'd make sense that they'd have a slight idea of what their employers do (even if they acted otherwise (the dumbasses)).
But there never was an Outbreak 3 and the series' canonicity is debated, so that's a moot argument. Only one USS operative survived the games' events, meaning they were no more competent than their live action counterparts. In regards to knowing about the zombies, if you've listened to the DVD commentary, Anderson states he intended it as a prequel to the games, so before then, no zombies yet to know about. And neither Rain nor Kaplan knew anything about the Lickers, suggesting they weren't told. It's possible One might have known since his reaction to seeing one inside its container was somewhat... static, for lack of a better word, but we never get to find out. And knowing Umbrella, it's entirely plausible they were purposely sent in blind, being cannon fodder and all. Remember, Rain even stated there was no rescue/recovery plan should they become trapped in the Hive.

Quote :
The Grid: The laser itself only traveled (and is never seen going outside of) a certain area of the hall. Based on the panels on the left and right, I'd guess that they would determine the movement of the laser. How it actually turns into a moving fence of death is beyond me, but at each end of the hall were some 3 foot wide areas that the panels didn't extend to (speaking of the laser, how is One turned into human steak cubes and yet the EMP system was completely untouched? It was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM!)
Hmm, you're right. I never actually noticed that before now. I would say it's possible One simply didn't notice it, but that would mean he lacked even a rudimentary sense of situational awareness and is therefor an inarguable matter of dumbassery. So on that I concede that you have a reasonable and valid point. Not saying it necessarily extends to the whole team, but yeah.

As far as the EMP device, my assumption would be the system's sensors can distinguish between living organics and artificial substances. One and Warner were both moving around, talking, etc., while the device was laying motionless on the floor. In most cases, an inanimate object on a solid base poses no threat, after all. In regards to where it was laying, I think that can simply be chalked up as a production goof. No movie is free of them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:43 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
The USS Again: Hunk survived Birkin, and if Outbreak File 3 was ever released, there would've been 1 more... somehow. The USS on the Ecliptic Express all died, but there were still survivors from Raccoon (not including NIGHTHAWK and HUNK). This all depends on the canonicity of the Outbreak series, but still. And regarding the RE1 USS clean-up squad, they work for Umbrella, so it'd make sense that they'd have a slight idea of what their employers do (even if they acted otherwise (the dumbasses)).
But there never was an Outbreak 3 and the series' canonicity is debated, so that's a moot argument. Only one USS operative survived the games' events, meaning they were no more competent than their live action counterparts.

I don't think canonicity really matters here since even the movies are a completely different canon. The point he is getting at here, from what I gathered, is that in the games there have been many surviving USS members. HUNK may have been the only one of his team to survive but his team wasn't the only one in town. ORC still exists, showing competent USS members doing their job.

Ghost Leader wrote:
As far as the EMP device, my assumption would be the system's sensors can distinguish between living organics and artificial substances. One and Warner were both moving around, talking, etc., while the device was laying motionless on the floor. In most cases, an inanimate object on a solid base poses no threat, after all. In regards to where it was laying, I think that can simply be chalked up as a production goof. No movie is free of them.

Not sure if this has any relevance to what you said but the grid did cut one of the USF members' knife in half while it was just hanging from their belt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Not sure if this has any relevance to what you said but the grid did cut one of the USF members' knife in half while it was just hanging from their belt.
That was One's knife. The laser didn't specifically target it, it just happened to be hanging down in the way when he flattened up against the ceiling.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:48 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
That was One's knife. The laser didn't specifically target it, it just happened to be hanging down in the way when he flattened up against the ceiling.
But shouldn't the knife have been unharmed like the EMP, if the laser thingy could differentiate between living and non-living entities?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 9:07 am

And thus, more issues with the film series. It makes no damn sense!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 9:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
But shouldn't the knife have been unharmed like the EMP, if the laser thingy could differentiate between living and non-living entities?
Not if it was actually in the physical path of the laser. One's knife was attached only to his belt and not tied against his leg, so when he leaped up against the ceiling, it hung down away from his body. That scene was before the laser went grid and was a just single beam stretched across the hallway that elevated to reach him, so anything below it would be unharmed.

PWNERX wrote:
And thus, more issues with the film series. It makes no damn sense!
The laser isn't going to harm something it doesn't touch, so no, it doesn't create anymore issues, nor does the movie not make any sense because of it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 1:56 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Not if it was actually in the physical path of the laser. One's knife was attached only to his belt and not tied against his leg, so when he leaped up against the ceiling, it hung down away from his body. That scene was before the laser went grid and was a just single beam stretched across the hallway that elevated to reach him, so anything below it would be unharmed.

I still don't think I get it... If the entire grid didn't do anything to the EMP why would any part of the laser harm a knife? The EMP was just as much in the way of the laser fence than the knife was in the way of that single laser.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 6:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I still don't think I get it... If the entire grid didn't do anything to the EMP why would any part of the laser harm a knife? The EMP was just as much in the way of the laser fence than the knife was in the way of that single laser.
Oh, I see what you're saying now. I misunderstood and thought you were saying that the laser fence (much better wording than "went grid", thanks for that) and knife cutting were at the same time, which we both know aren't.

I think I previously already said that, realistically, the laser fence should have diced up the EMP, too. If not, I'm saying it now. But I see it as something that can be chalked up to a simple production goof, like the submarine controversy in Raiders of the Lost Ark, Mark 82 "nuclear" bomb in AvP2 (Mark 82 is a 500 lbs conventional bomb), or the Basilica of Constantine and Maxentius in Gladiator.
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:34 pm

Well they should build off the fact that she either can cure the Virus or Supercharge it (I too thought of what hasn't been done and have a hard time find it).

We already seen ending like The Happening (Survive it, but it starts all over again) or Daybreakers (Which was missed up, eating cures you, then someone eats you).

I would say give the ending of StarCraft or Mass Effect (Not Lucy, Transcendence or Akira where Absorb/Kill everything) where she controls all the Dead...like an Undead Queen (LOL cause rumors say she would die)...which actually make sense, since there was a Red & White Queen trying to control everything...

Maybe call Alice the Black Queen (Reminds of Star Troopers Invasion character Carl Jenkins (aka Neil Patrick Harris)  and then from there (Not going into Starcraft) maybe she fights against the Umbrella Corps (Seeing as there Status seems there either doing really good or overrun), but that leans to much to StarCraft or that movie where this Girl can control Werewolves, a Native American guy tries to fight them off, Old Caucasian dude kills himself and her friend is protected by her.

Or maybe she becomes the Cerebro (Mutant Detector) of infectors...but that was done in RE Revelations 2.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Lukong wrote:
Well they should build off the fact that she either can cure the Virus or Supercharge it (I too thought of what hasn't been done and have a hard time find it).

We already seen ending like The Happening (Survive it, but it starts all over again) or Daybreakers (Which was missed up, eating cures you, then someone eats you).

I would say give the ending of StarCraft or Mass Effect (Not Lucy, Transcendence or Akira where Absorb/Kill everything) where she controls all the Dead...like an Undead Queen (LOL cause rumors say she would die)...which actually make sense, since there was a Red & White Queen trying to control everything...

Maybe call Alice the Black Queen (Reminds of Star Troopers Invasion character Carl Jenkins (aka Neil Patrick Harris)  and then from there (Not going into Starcraft) maybe she fights against the Umbrella Corps (Seeing as there Status seems there either doing really good or overrun), but that leans to much to StarCraft or that movie where this Girl can control Werewolves, a Native American guy tries to fight them off, Old Caucasian dude kills himself and her friend is protected by her.

Or maybe she becomes the Cerebro (Mutant Detector) of infectors...but that was done in RE Revelations 2.

I believe CinemaSins said this better, but What?

*DING*
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 9:09 pm

PWNERX wrote:
Lukong wrote:
Well they should build off the fact that she either can cure the Virus or Supercharge it (I too thought of what hasn't been done and have a hard time finding it).

We already seen endings like The Happening (Survive it, but it starts all over again) or Daybreakers (Which was missed up, eating cures you, then someone eats you and then there cured).

Maybe call Alice the Black Queen (Reminds of Star Troopers Invasion character Carl Jenkins (aka Neil Patrick Harris) who can control Bugs) and then from there (Not going into Starcraft) maybe she fights against the Umbrella Corps (Seeing as there Status seems to be there either they're doing really good or overrun), but that leans to much to StarCraft or that movie where this Girl can control Werewolves, a Native American guy tries to fight them off, Old Caucasian dude kills himself and her friend is protected by her (Ending she tells her how she'll keep her warm).

Or maybe she becomes the Cerebro (Mutant Detector) of infectors...but that was done in RE Revelations 2 (Barry's Partner is a little girl who can see infected through walls).

I believe CinemaSins said this better, but What?

*DING*

What, what are you confused about?

Sorry for grammar errors I edited in this post.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:06 am

Lukong wrote:

Wouldn't be the first time Paul took an idea from the games and slapped it in, completely out of context.
Back to top Go down
Lukong
Cerberus
Cerberus

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Lukong wrote:

Wouldn't be the first time Paul took an idea from the games and slapped it in, completely out of context.

No it was done in RE Revelations 2, Barry's Partner is a little Girl who can see zombies through the walls.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyFri Dec 25, 2015 9:21 am

Lukong wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Lukong wrote:

No it was done in RE Revelations 2, Barry's Partner is a little Girl who can see zombies through the walls.

Yes, I know. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if Anderson took the idea and used it in his movie. Has happened before.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 8:25 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Lukong wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Lukong wrote:

Yes, I know. I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me if Anderson took the idea and used it in his movie. Has happened before.

Indeed, I bet he would even slap in a monkey flying out of his butt.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 5:44 am

Remember the stunt woman I mentioned on like page 3 or something who got injured on set? Apparently her arm is getting amputated. [link]

On top of that, another set member (not a stunt person) got killed on set. Rumors of safety negligence are being thrown around. [link]
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 6:48 am

Great. Safety negligence during a film in a series almost nobody likes? Are they TRYING to kill off their film? If so, they're doing it right.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:15 am

^And yet every installment continues to be a huge success.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Remember the stunt woman I mentioned on like page 3 or something who got injured on set? Apparently her arm is getting amputated. [link]
That sucks royally, but at least she's going to live. That's always a plus.

Quote :
On top of that, another set member (not a stunt person) got killed on set. Rumors of safety negligence are being thrown around. [link]
A terrible shame and my sympathies go out to the family, but it sounds more like a tragic accident rather than any negligence for crew safety. There's always danger when dealing with articulated vehicle mounts.

On a side note, that Humvee says "BSAA" on the side of it. My memory is fuzzy, has the BSAA been introduced into the film series yet?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:20 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
My memory is fuzzy, has the BSAA been introduced into the film series yet?

Nope. I'm going to assume their introduction will be just as unglamorous as the land burrowing plaga creatures that inexplicably evolved from regular zombies.

I do wonder if that Humvee will be used in a scene taken from RE5 since it is the only game in the series I remember seeing a BSAA Humvee in.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
A terrible shame and my sympathies go out to the family, but it sounds more like a tragic accident rather than any negligence for crew safety. There's always danger when dealing with articulated vehicle mounts.

At least according to Rely on Horror the film crew has pretty much shut down all communications with the family, leaving his wife guessing the exact details of his death. Either a sign of negligence, something that's being currently investigated or the team just being dicks.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 8:53 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I do wonder if that Humvee will be used in a scene taken from RE5 since it is the only game in the series I remember seeing a BSAA Humvee in.
The BSAA used Humvees in RE6, at least in the portion of Chris' campaign I played in the demo. As you know, I have no desire nor inclination to play the whole thing.

Quote :
At least according to Rely on Horror the film crew has pretty much shut down all communications with the family, leaving his wife guessing the exact details of his death. Either a sign of negligence, something that's being currently investigated or the team just being dicks.
Without any other info, I'm inclined to say its probably due to ongoing investigations.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 9:18 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The BSAA used Humvees in RE6, at least in the portion of Chris' campaign I played in the demo. As you know, I have no desire nor inclination to play the whole thing.

Ah yes, you might be right. There just weren't any prominent Humvee scenes in that like there was in RE5 so I didn't remember.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
Without any other info, I'm inclined to say its probably due to ongoing investigations.

Managed to find the source they were referring to: http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/cape-man-dies-on-hollywood-movie-set-1961611
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 11:49 am

wow, just wow...im wondering if they would even finish this movie at all.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 12:31 pm

TerraSavior wrote:
wow, just wow...im wondering if they would even finish this movie at all.

For my sake, they better not.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Yes, they'll finish it. So don't worry, PWNERX, you'll get your Anderson fix. Razz
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2015 4:38 pm

*sigh* Im still holding on to the fact that Anderson would throw in his butt monkey...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)   Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6 (The Final Chapter)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next