Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favorite RE melee EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favorite RE melee EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favorite RE melee EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favorite RE melee EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favorite RE melee EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favorite RE melee EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favorite RE melee EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favorite RE melee

Go down 
+10
ChrisRedfieldRE156
RaviorStygian
chrisredfielmusculo
will1234562
Outbreakgirl
Industrial Ridden
Vandal
MSR
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi,

As the title suggests, which is your favorite RE melee move?Could be from any RE game. Even from a cut scene.(I am expecting a lot of choke slam fav from wesker in RE 5.... Razz )

Okay, my favorite is the spear move from chrisredfield performed against wesker in cut scene involving final confrontation. Which was copied in Afterlife as well.He speared at leon as well in RE 6.

Close second are neck breakers(both of hunk and chrisredfield) and suplex(both leon(RE 4) and jake)

I also like leg sweep into elbow by helena....quite a cool move.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 12:09 am

Both of Hunk's melees were badass. I also really like Helena's attacks especially the one at :33 in this video. I like the one at :05 too

Barry's melee's are awesome too.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

chrisredfield84 wrote:
As the title suggests, which is your favorite RE melee move?Could be from any RE game. Even from a cut scene.(I am expecting a lot of choke slam fav from wesker in RE 5.... Razz )

Doesn't melee move kind of imply that it's a combat move that you would use in gameplay against a groggy opponent? I'm not comfortable including stuff that happens in cutscenes as Melee Moves.

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Okay, my favorite is the spear move from chrisredfield performed against wesker in cut scene involving final confrontation. Which was copied in Afterlife as well.He speared at leon as well in RE 6.

Like this.

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Close second are neck breakers(both of hunk and chrisredfield) and suplex(both leon(RE 4) and jake)

I also like leg sweep into elbow by helena....quite a cool move.

HUNK's was always nice. Especially since you could combo real well with it in RE4's village, also because you could snap the Bella sisters' necks too. Wink He also uses it in UC(which generically rips off the RE4 version of the move) and we even see him snap a neck or two in the opening to ORC. Clearly it's a signature thing for HUNK.

Unfortunately in Mercs3D, he doesn't have any neck snap moves. Although RE4 only has 2 Melee's per character, Mercs3D follows the RE5 format for Melee's, giving you about 6(Groggy/On knees - front and back/Shoulder shot - front and back/On ground). He has some cool moves, but not his signature one.

You like Leon's Belly To Belly overhead suplex, and Jake's German Suplex, but what bout Josh's German Suplex from RE5 Mercs?

Chris' is nice. I also like that they have his neck snap in RE6, like it was in RE5. I also enjoy how if you have your knife equipped, it slits their throat, rather than a neck snap. It also changes up the other moves too, like a stab instead of a stomp, and timing your reversal, you will gut the enemy.

I like all of the knife melee's, from Chris(RE6), Krauser(Mercs3D) and Sheva(RE5). It's a shame they didn't take advantage of Chris having that large knife strapped on his back by using it in the game, via melee attakcs or even cutscenes. It's pretty much just for show in RE5...

chrisredfield84 wrote:
which is your favorite RE melee move?

Let's see...

I like all of the different kicks Leon performs. We've seen cool roundhouse, reverse roundhouse, reverse back kicks and all kinds of cool stuff from RE4, Chronicles and RE6.

Wesker's RE4 Mecs melee's; Thrust Punch and that kick move when the enemy is lying on the ground.

All of Krauser's knife melee's in Mercs3D.

Jill's kicks in RE5; Roundhouse, Reverse Roundhouse, Step Kick, an upward kick, all kinds of stuff. I didn't like her double-knee move when an enemy is on the ground so much.

Any of the wrestling moves, Suplexes(Leon, Jake, Josh), Elbow drops(Josh, Helena), Running bulldog(Leon), Spinning DDT(Jake), Dropkick(Josh, Krauser, Billy, Steve).

All of Claire's melee's in Mercs3D were really cool. Nice combinations of swinging punches, uppercuts and kicks. You can see her training she recieved from her brother.

Chris and Jill have really cool melee's in UC I thought. They each use the Self-Defense Items we see in REmake; Chris will jab a dagger into the zombie's head, then follow it up with a reverse back kick. Jill will tazer the zombie with her stun gun, then kick them back. Very cool and creative of them with those two.

Oh, I noticed that in UC, Rebecca uses one of those Yellow Chemical Bottles that you find in the Outbreak games. I thought that was interesting for them to do.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 4:58 am

Haymaker, Resident Evil 5. First time I did that I paused to appreciate how awesome that was.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 9:03 am

Any characters using the neckbreaker is pretty badass. I still love HUNK's the best though.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Any melee attack that's in the back of a standard enemy
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 9:04 am

Hard one...Jill's flip kick and Sheva's throat slit.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 2:21 pm

I think that nearly all melee attacks in Resident Evil 6 are dumb mainly because there's little variety.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 4:48 pm

the round kick/spinning hook kick combo
that krauser used in resident evil 4 mercenaries

i also liked the hooks that chris threw in resident evil 5
and leons round/spinning back kick in resident evil 4

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Oh Rebecca's Dual Flame Spray is awesome.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 pm

RE4 Wesker Thrust Punch. Such an epic movie.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 10:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeNaii1g5zE Massive!!!!!

Also his neck breaker, Iuhh that sound of cracking bones in majinis neck . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 8:24 am

Let's see... HUNK's Neckbreaker, The End and Executioner, Barry's Miranda Rights, Rebecca's Head Cracker and Flamethrower, Krauser's Stinger and pretty much all of Wesker's moves, like Knee Cannon, Tiger Uppercut (both stolen from Sagat), Cobra Strike, Windfall, Mustang Kick, Rhino Charge and Ghost Butterfly.

Still, overall, the winner is HUNK.

Spike Reaver wrote:
chrisredfield84 wrote:

Doesn't melee move kind of imply that it's a combat move that you would use in gameplay against a groggy opponent? I'm not comfortable including stuff that happens in cutscenes as Melee Moves.
If it's a melee move it's a melee move. It doesn't really matter where it happens.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

I love when Chris snaps necks and Sherry does her flips! Smile
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:27 am

Mercy wrote:
I think that nearly all melee attacks in Resident Evil 6 are dumb mainly because there's little variety.

dude there are some meles in resident evil 6 that just look
quite dumb,like the move when chris just picks up a zombie in the air
and throws him across 20 feet and the pro wrestling move when leon goes behind
a zombie and gives him a facebuster(i think its called that)

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Yeah, a lot of wrestling moves are implemented in the game, I really don't know why, but if you just look at them, every critical melee move is a wrestling grapple.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:42 am

Mercy wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Yeah, a lot of wrestling moves are implemented in the game, I really don't know why, but if you just look at them, every critical melee move is a wrestling grapple.

if i am not mistaken leon does a couple of judo throws in the game(i watched a video a long time ago)
but i really didnt understand why they had to include so many pro wrestling moves in the game
some of them just look out of place

look at the first 10 seconds of the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUC2e9wWbcw

thats some pretty crazy shit right there,it just looks dumb IMO

and dude,its like i loved the meele system in resident evil 5,it was simple and effective
they could have just added a few throws(like the over the shoulder judo throw chris does when fighting jill)
and waybe some more flashy moves(nothing like in the video i posted) and it would have been fine

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 3:19 pm

That's actually a wrestling move I think. Lisa does the same throw in Dead or Alive, she's a luchador. But still… that's way too flashy to do to a zombie. There's no need for that. Even though the first time I did that I thought it was awesome, after the 50th time, it loses it's luster.

And you're right, I was just about to say that it use to be so simple. Chris just punches them, Leon just kicks them. Simple. Now this.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 am

Mercy wrote:
That's actually a wrestling move I think. Lisa does the same throw in Dead or Alive, she's a luchador. But still… that's way too flashy to do to a zombie. There's no need for that. Even though the first time I did that I thought it was awesome, after the 50th time, it loses it's luster.

And you're right, I was just about to say that it use to be so simple. Chris just punches them, Leon just kicks them. Simple. Now this.

yeah you are right,its a pro wrestling move
(i remember rey misterio or whatever he was called using it)

its just way to flashy,doing that to a zombie just looks plain dumb
i still wish they just added a few things here and there to the meele combat in resident evil 6
and be done with it
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 am

will1234562 wrote:
Hard one...Jill's flip kick and Sheva's throat slit.

Yeah, her throat slit is my favorite melee in the entire game. Her Double Fang is badass as well.

Mercy wrote:
Mercy wrote:

if i am not mistaken leon does a couple of judo throws in the game(i watched a video a long time ago)
but i really didnt understand why they had to include so many pro wrestling moves in the game
some of them just look out of place

look at the first 10 seconds of the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUC2e9wWbcw

thats some pretty crazy shit right there,it just looks dumb IMO

and dude,its like i loved the meele system in resident evil 5,it was simple and effective
they could have just added a few throws(like the over the shoulder judo throw chris does when fighting jill)
and waybe some more flashy moves(nothing like in the video i posted) and it would have been fine

So the melee moves in RE5 weren't flashy and impractical? What about Jill's neck breaker and knee drop(wrestling move btw) Sheva's somersault, Excella's syringe injector and disco spin, Rebecca's silly flame spray? Those weren't ridiculous?

And what's wrong with Chris throwing J'avos? Dude is obviously a powerhouse. A boulder punching powerhouse Very Happy

I miss the pinpoint damage system from re4 and 5 but I find RE6's combat system to be more enjoyable AND realistic. What's the point of training in martial arts if you can't take out a wobbling zombie?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:19 am

Known_Hero wrote:
What's the point of training in martial arts if you can't take out a wobbling zombie?
Even if I knew all kinds of wrestling moves I would rather bash the zombies' face in with a bat rather than going all close quarters and touchy feely.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 am

Even if it were a GIIIIIIRL zombie? What if she was a female version of that zombie in Warm Bodies?
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
What's the point of training in martial arts if you can't take out a wobbling zombie?
Even if I knew all kinds of wrestling moves I would rather bash the zombies' face in with a bat rather than going all close quarters and touchy feely.

What game would be fun if it was extremely realistic? Laughing

Besides, RE6 allows you bash zombies heads in with objects by way of countering. RE5 combat feels restrictive in comparison.

I don't know how we got this far without unprompted melee attacks. This should've been implemented sooner.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:43 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

What game would be fun if it was extremely realistic? Laughing

Besides, RE6 allows you bash zombies heads in with objects by way of countering. RE5 combat feels restrictive in comparison.

I don't know how we got this far without unprompted melee attacks. This should've been implemented sooner.

I didn't say games need to be realistic, I said I wouldn't do that. You were the one saying it makes the combat system more realistic.

I do like the fact that we have unpromted melee and the ability to smack their heads into walls or counter them with something like an axe but I just don't feel like each and every character's finishing move should be a grapple. Something quick and effective should do the trick like Rebecca's stun gun, Chris' flash-grenade-in-the-mouth or HUNK's stab in the back.

@Xannidel: Warm Bodies?
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:12 am

@Mass

I meant that it's more realistic than RE5 which doesn't give you any unprompted melees outside of basic knife swipes.

Warm Bodies is a movie. Haven't seen it yet though. I'm not really into zombie comedies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite RE melee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite RE melee   Favorite RE melee Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite RE melee
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next