HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I am offensive and I find this a man

Go down 
+6
Spike991
Teh Black Cat
will1234562
00biohazard
Known_Hero
Mass Distraction
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

I am offensive and I find this a man Empty
PostSubject: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 am

Nonsensical title set.

Anyway, to the point. Do you find this advertisement offensive? Because apparently it's causing a shitstorm around the internet.

I am offensive and I find this a man Zombiu
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 am

What makes it offensive?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:01 am

Known_Hero wrote:
What makes it offensive?
It's apparently sexist or something. I don't understand how this is different from any other ad like this. Maybe because it's a video game, even if an R rated one, and some people still think games are only for kids?

I have literally never seen so much shit going on around when it comes to adverts like this. For some reason this is just the spawn of satan to people. Even at Rely on Horror they had an article on how this is in bad taste. People should really get off their high horse.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:17 am

Can you post any of the articles?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 9:52 am

Man, people are so fucking sensitive nowadays. The adverts fine.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:37 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Can you post any of the articles?
The article I was talking about: [link]

Also an article on Kotaku: [link]
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 10:38 am

Doesn't seem offensive or sexist to me.It's funny,though.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:00 am

Wow.. that chick looks awfully alot like this girl I use to be friends with.

...Anywho they don't find shooting people's heads off offensive? I don't know what they expect with a R rated game. If it's the parents complaining, they're in denial if they don't think their young teenage son ain't seeing this type of stuff on the internet. If it's the feminists complaining.. then meh, they're just going to complain regardless. Nothing new there.

Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:25 am

Judging from those two articles, it seems like people have a problem with the fact that the sexy girl has nothing to do with the advertised game. 

Personally, I think this whole "sex sells" thing is extremely overplayed. It's just a justification for lazy marketing. This ad doesn't even make sense. If she is "to die for" then why is she the one who turns into a zombie? Did she kill herself to get a body like that? Why would she do that when she looked better in the before picture? This conflict has nothing to do with the game. 

I'm also tired of game developers treating us like we're all 14 year old boys going through puberty. Some of us are adults with realistic perceptions of women. Why would Kitana choose this as combat attire... 

I am offensive and I find this a man R78y1e

Seriously, this^ needs to stop.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 am

Known_Hero wrote:
This ad doesn't even make sense. If she is "to die for" then why is she the one who turns into a zombie? Did she kill herself to get a body like that? Why would she do that when she looked better in the before picture? This conflict has nothing to do with the game. 
I actually found it pretty clever. You play as regular people and if you die, you die forever and begin the game again with a completely different character. This along with the words "How long will YOU survive?" makes it funny for me.

Still, I don't think it really comes out as such to someone who has no previous knowledge of the game. It'll make sense later though.

As for Kitana, I don't really think they should change her attire. I don't really care if it's her original leotard or that, I won't even notice what she is wearing when playing the game. I like to think the overly sexualized female characters in MK are there to create a contrast to all the gore. I think the creators even mentioned something like that at one point.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 am

Reminds me of the zombie hookers that distracted LJ in Apocolypse.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 am

Spike991 wrote:
Reminds me of the zombie hookers that distracted LJ in Apocolypse.
Funny thing, that was brought up in the comments on RoH. The person said how topless zombie hookers were never mentioned in any media but this gets all the hate.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:27 pm

People going out of their way to be offended, If they arent offended at something they arent content.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyTue Dec 11, 2012 3:51 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
People going out of their way to be offended, If they arent offended at something they arent content.

This post offends me. I DO NOT need to be offended to be content. Thank you very much.

>.>

<.<
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 7:41 am

I don't see anything wrong with it. Wouldn't they advertise this on like adult like sites or- somewhere where kids wouldnt even check out?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 9:04 am

Methsia wrote:
I don't see anything wrong with it. Wouldn't they advertise this on like adult like sites or- somewhere where kids wouldnt even check out?
Even so, kids are exposed to way more sex than this. This is nothing: girl in a underpants? Don't take your kids to the beach or movies! Some people are assholes.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
This ad doesn't even make sense. If she is "to die for" then why is she the one who turns into a zombie? Did she kill herself to get a body like that? Why would she do that when she looked better in the before picture? This conflict has nothing to do with the game. 
I actually found it pretty clever. You play as regular people and if you die, you die forever and begin the game again with a completely different character. This along with the words "How long will YOU survive?" makes it funny for me.

Still, I don't think it really comes out as such to someone who has no previous knowledge of the game. It'll make sense later though.

As for Kitana, I don't really think they should change her attire. I don't really care if it's her original leotard or that, I won't even notice what she is wearing when playing the game. I like to think the overly sexualized female characters in MK are there to create a contrast to all the gore. I think the creators even mentioned something like that at one point.

It just another boring gratuitous "sexy" ad. Maybe I would've found it creative if she was wearing regular clothes. The "sex appeal" just cheapens the entire concept for me.

I'm not offended; just tired of seeing this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 am

It's a stupid marketing scheme for sure, but I'm positive they're marketing this game to horny teenage boys. The fact that people find this offensive proves that the advertisement is blatantly obvious for who they're marketing the game to.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 11:21 am

Known_Hero wrote:
It just another boring gratuitous "sexy" ad. Maybe I would've found it creative if she was wearing regular clothes. The "sex appeal" just cheapens the entire concept for me.

I'm not offended; just tired of seeing this nonsense.
I guess that's kinda what they were going for. Making an everyday "sexy" ad turn into something gruesome.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:42 pm

Technically, they aren't advertizing to horny teenage boys. They are trolling them. The last laugh still goes to the horny teenage boys, though, because they can masturbate through anything. Anything.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:47 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Technically, they aren't advertizing to horny teenage boys. They are trolling them. The last laugh still goes to the horny teenage boys, though, because they can masturbate through anything. Anything.
But an advertisement? I've never done that. Times must be changing.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Neither have I! .....
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man EmptyWed Dec 12, 2012 8:10 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Neither have I! .....

Don't lie to these people Nite!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am offensive and I find this a man   I am offensive and I find this a man Empty

Back to top Go down

I am offensive and I find this a man
Page 1 of 1