Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Have you noticed Chris' necklace?

Go down 
+6
Teh Black Cat
Trichos
Vandal
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Mass Distraction
Melissa_89
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa_89
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Melissa_89

Have you noticed Chris' necklace? Empty
PostSubject: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:17 pm

When Chris gets hammered in a bar in Edonia ( Very Happy ) and when he eats a steak in his ending scene, you can cleary see that he's wearing a necklace around his neck. Some people think of it as a ring he's wearing, but if you look closely enough on it, there's no hole, so I doubt that it's a ring, rather a locket or something.

Have you noticed it as well? It doesn't really look like a men's necklace though, I think it's a woman's necklace cause it seems quite feminine. My first thought was Capcom just wanted to add some accessoire to Chris' outfit and that's it. But then I thought, why should Capcom bother creating such an accessoire for Chris if it's meant to be nothing? The rest of his outfit is quite simple and drab.

I wonder what's up with this piece of jewellery? your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:58 am

This is actually not the first time the subject of his necklace is brought up. That time, though, it was about it being a ring.

Now that you mention it (and that I've re-checked the cutscenes) it indeed seems like a locket or something to that extent. Well spotted.

Maybe it's a picture of Claire? Their parents? Girlfriend? Who knows. If it is indeed something important, I think we'll find out in later games. Hell, maybe even in that rumored Claire campaogn DLC.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
This is actually not the first time the subject of his necklace is brought up. That time, though, it was about it being a ring.

Now that you mention it (and that I've re-checked the cutscenes) it indeed seems like a locket or something to that extent. Well spotted.

Maybe it's a picture of Claire? Their parents? Girlfriend? Who knows. If it is indeed something important, I think we'll find out in later games. Hell, maybe even in that rumored Claire campaogn DLC.

Maybe its from Jill . . . I mean he runs after her like a puppy since 98, he deserves at least a souvenir from her. best variation would have been Pierces dog tag, but as far as i remember he had it on in the drinking scene when Pierce was alive so it eliminates that variation, plus it has different shape . . . Or maybe its just a necklace. . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:14 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Maybe its from Jill . . . I mean he runs after her like a puppy since 98, he deserves at least a souvenir from her. best variation would have been Pierces dog tag, but as far as i remember he had it on in the drinking scene when Pierce was alive so it eliminates that variation, plus it has different shape . . . Or maybe its just a necklace. . .
If you're referring to Jill as the "girlfriend" the developers already stated there's nothing going on between them other than friendship.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

If you're referring to Jill as the "girlfriend" the developers already stated there's nothing going on between them other than friendship.

I've really missed that part . . . They did?! but how bout that "maybe he's taken" (or something) line from Luciani . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:54 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I've really missed that part . . . They did?! but how bout that "maybe he's taken" (or something) line from Luciani . . .
The original Q&A is in Japanese but here is the translation floating around the Internet:
Quote :
Q:there are some lover-like pairings in this series, eg, ChrisXJill, LeonXAda, which one do you prefer?

A: We never intend to make any romantic relationship in this series, so Chris and Jill are partners more precisely,in RE:R is also this way. If you really have to find a romantic relationship in this series, Claire and Steve in CV 's relationship are more subtle. Players can look forward to Jake and Sherry in RE6.

So to say, Chris and Jill are only partners. As for the "maybe he's taken" part, you can't really account that for anything. Parker is just guessing, he doesn't really know. You know, that's why he said maybe.
Back to top Go down
Melissa_89
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Melissa_89

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 am

yeah, well that's Capcom lol. On one side, they somehow tell that Chris and Jill were just friends and then again they give lots of hints (especially RE 5 and RE: Revelations) that they're way more than just good friends. As ChrisRedfieldRE156 mentioned, the line from Luciani in Revelations telling Jessica that Chris is "maybe already taken" while they watch Chris walking away with Jill got to be the most obvious hint so far.

Mass Distraction wrote:
As for the "maybe he's taken" part, you can't really account that for anything. Parker is just guessing, he doesn't really know. You know, that's why he said maybe.

yup Parker is guessing, BUT you have to consider that the developers are behind the character's dialogues. So when Parker says something like Chris being already taken means there are some developers who want us to believe that maybe Chris is already in a relationship (with Jill), so they weave such a line into the game. And that's the point. I don't really get why Capcom gives such hints like the one from Parker if they want Chris and Jill only to be good friends. As I said before, on the one side hints from the developers and then denying. They could just leave the hints out in the first place. But they somehow intent to make them look like a couple.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 am

Melissa_89 wrote:
So when Parker says something like Chris being already taken means there are some developers who want us to believe that maybe Chris is already in a relationship (with Jill), so they weave such a line into the game.
Or maybe you're just thinking too much of it. It's just a line in the sea of stuff like "OH MY COD". If they wanted to make him guessing then that's all it is. Until Capcom retracts their statement on them being just friends, that's all they remain to be.

I for one haven't seen them as a couple since I don't really look for romantic relations in videogames.
Back to top Go down
Melissa_89
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Melissa_89

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:25 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Or maybe you're just thinking too much of it. It's just a line in the sea of stuff like "OH MY COD". If they wanted to make him guessing then that's all it is. Until Capcom retracts their statement on them being just friends, that's all they remain to be.
I haven't really been thinking about it, it just came across my mind when I read your post. Smile Well, there hasn't only been Parker's line, there are more hints in the other games and so on and I just wondered why Capcom would actually give such hints when Chris and Jill are only meant to be friends.. but we're getting off-topic here Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 am

Melissa_89 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I haven't really been thinking about it, it just came across my mind when I read your post. Smile Well, there hasn't only been Parker's line, there are more hints in the other games and so on and I just wondered why Capcom would actually give such hints when Chris and Jill are only meant to be friends.. but we're getting off-topic here Smile
To confuse players and feed shippers? I dunno, I'm still going with the official statement.

At least we didn't wonder too far from the original topic, the first time this was brought up someone thought it might be an engagement ring Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:01 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Melissa_89 wrote:
So when Parker says something like Chris being already taken means there are some developers who want us to believe that maybe Chris is already in a relationship (with Jill), so they weave such a line into the game.

I for one haven't seen them as a couple since I don't really look for romantic relations in videogames.

Well yea, But those relationships make RE more realistic and add a lot to the story behind characters, thats what i love the most about RE, the story, connection between characters, thats what puts RE one step above other games, cs its not just a plane game with first and last mission. That creates a feeling as if the characters really existed. RE for me was always more then just a game, it always seemed to me as a good book or a movie. For example, my favorite action film always was Lethal Weapon and it always stood one step above its main rival Die Hard, simply cs of its story, of the connections developed between Martin and Rogers family, Leo Etc. when Die Hard was always "wrong place, wrong time" and "kickin ass takin names". Im pretty sure thats what u and most of the gamers that remained loyal to RE like the most, cs the game has moved pretty far from its basic genre.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:02 am

Did I ever mention that I detest shipping? I'm okay with romance between characters when it's obviously shown (Leon/Ada) but when it comes to speculation I say screw it and let the developers decide.

I know RE is about the story, that's why I love it. I just don't throw in my own backstory.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 am

I always thought the story kind of sucks. It was written by over ten people all who have different thoughts and ideas, some games having up to five writers on one project. I also abhor shipping. Just throwing it out there, I just think the story has always been weak.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:17 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Did I ever mention that I detest shipping? I'm okay with romance between characters when it's obviously shown (Leon/Ada) but when it comes to speculation I say screw it and let the developers decide.
People fill in the blanks with respect to romance as they do with every other aspect in a story. It might seem more trivial to you, for some it is a major factor regarding the emotional impact the overall story has on them. For some, Chris sitting down next to Richard in the Drug Room, letting his protective eye wander about his comrade's body, securing his well-being, their bond harbinger of a promising future... is actually a scene with quite some impact and implications, THANK YOU!

Whatever, I'm digressing. What I wanna say: hardly any shippers call for their view on the (non-)relationship in the respective franchise to be adapted. It's just an emotional outlet to have even more fun with a dear story.

And generally, if you decide to create a game and aspire for it having fans, you will have to accept the fact that developers are not the only ones anymore having a say in it.

Last edited by Trichos on Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I know RE is about the story, that's why I love it. I just don't throw in my own backstory.

Yea i agree with that, practicing imagination goes better with XXX not Horror Survival. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 pm

Trichos wrote:
And generally, if you decide to create a game and aspire for it having fans, you will have to accept the fact that developers are not the only ones anymore having a say in it.
I agree with the fact that people can use their imagination. As long as they don't present it as canon, that is. Still, if the developers themselves state something as a fact in their own story, then I take it as such.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:38 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

I feel the same way. I don't play RE for my "romance" fix. If they make it obvious like Leon&Ada, then so be it. It is what it is. You won't see me fangirling over some video game couple however.

RE just don't come across as a game that focuses heavily on romance but more on friendship, which is fine by me. I thought Sherry and Jake had great chemistry and I wouldn't mind if they presented them as a couple, but I don't think it would have made a huge difference imo.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:41 pm

Melissa_89 wrote:
It doesn't really look like a men's necklace though, I think it's a woman's necklace cause it seems quite feminine.

Wait a minute...He's not just wearing it for show... Maybe...

Someone died? Someone that is very important in his life and hat means alot to him. Obviously not Jill or Claire, but is there some mystery characters death we are all unaware about? Maybe the next RE is gonna be a prequel showing what happened? Just some theories here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
So to say, Chris and Jill are only partners. As for the "maybe he's taken" part, you can't really account that for anything. Parker is just guessing, he doesn't really know. You know, that's why he said maybe.

I still don't believe that Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:00 pm

What is there to believe? It's official. If the creators themselves said so it is the absolute truth until proven otherwise. It's not like these are real people with real feelings, they are characters created by these people and anything they say, goes.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:09 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
What is there to believe? It's official. If the creators themselves said so it is the absolute truth until proven otherwise. It's not like these are real people with real feelings, they are characters created by these people and anything they say, goes.
Not that I'm pushing ChrisXJill or anything, but that's just where the relationship stands at the moment. As I'd expect you probably know, the story is written on a game-by-game basis. There's nothing to say Capcom won't change their minds somewhere down the line.

All I know is, this isn't the way you look at someone you're "just friends" with...:
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 4:47 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Not that I'm pushing ChrisXJill or anything, but that's just where the relationship stands at the moment. As I'd expect you probably know, the story is written on a game-by-game basis. There's nothing to say Capcom won't change their minds somewhere down the line.
Oh yes, I know that. I'm just trying to say that as of now, it's as I said. They never mentioned anything about future games.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

All I know is, this isn't the way you look at someone you're "just friends" with...

Agree plus u wont stay cold-hearted to someone like this

Spoiler:

Im pretty sure they are keeping ChrisJill "lover" thing for their farewell game, its gonna be a perfect reason for taking characters out of it, like they will make a family and give up that bio terror for good, thats why (or at least i think so) devs are not officially announcing Chris Jill as a couple, but thats an obvious thing and thats the way everyone sees that. The first thing that G Romero did whe he was developing Chris and Jill in his script was making em lovers, simply cs it was obvious . . .
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:58 pm

Agree plus u wont stay cold-hearted to someone like this

Spoiler:
I have an intolerance for lying bitches, so yes, I would. And with her being an enemy agent, I'd be happy putting a bullet in her pretty little head.

But that's just me. lol!
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:38 pm

I always do wonder why Chris never even thought about banging Sherawat. Hot has fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you noticed Chris' necklace?   Have you noticed Chris' necklace? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you noticed Chris' necklace?
Page 1 of 1