HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!

Go down 
+10
NemmyLikesYou
Vandal
spawn
Industrial Ridden
rawk82
chrisredfielmusculo
DXP
JamTyrantH
chrisredfield84
Mass Distraction
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 6:39 am

Okay, I knew pretty much everything told in the video but Resident Evil originally planned as an FPS? That blew my mind! I can see the concept having been later used for Survivor.

Also the messages on the wall? Disturbing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:24 am

I am not surprised. I think any game based on guns need to be FPS or third person shooters.It does not give a good gameplay experience with guns any other way.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 5:02 pm

it would of been cool if they kept the writing on the wall parts, very silent hillish.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:01 am

So much stuff they missed out here >.<

Bio 1(Ps1):
-Originally conceived not only as an FPS but also to include paranormal elements(these weren't implemented until Biohazard 3.5)
-Was to originally include the Trevor letters these were removed and added into REmake to add more to the back story of the late Trevor family.
-The bloody message can actually be imported into the pc version of RE1 as well as the ps1 trial edition.
-After development of RE 1 was finished the next idea for the sequel(before 1.5)was to have Jill and Chris re-enter the mansion a couple of months/years later due to rumors spreading of plants attacking the residents of Raccoon. This was Dubbed Biohazard Dash.

Bio 1.5(ps1):
Pretty disappointing all their coverage was copy and pasted from its wikipedia entry =/ so let me add this:
-Went through various stages of development from proof of concept to final 80% build before its scrapping.
-Despite the fact that Elza and Leon's paths never crossed, Elza meets Marvin in the factory one still shows this from the 80% build.
-Baby alligators were in the sewers as well as the big assed version from Final RE 2, again still exists showing the baby crocs.
-During concepts stages Leon was known as Grant Bitman also the final boss battles Zeriram and Gorgoda(yeah used archives) one of them had Wesker's head as part of the enemy(that's what would have happened to him if that particular enemy had being created)
-Also if one looks at the concept art section in archives I and checks Birkins designs for mutations, all of his 1.5 versions are also there.
-This year a hacking team managed to obtain a copy of the 40% PSM build and are in the process of making it a fully working product to prove this here is the latest video(btw this is all authentic and legit however some rooms have being possibly recreated by the team due to most rooms not existing in this 40% of the build):

No release date has being confirmed.

Bio2Final:
-Original Beta builds had the 1.5 labs intact this also included the man spider enemy, however as development continued this was completely removed.
-One concept showed not only William but also Annette was infected with the G-Virus.
-Another also showed Mr-X not only wearing a gasmask but also holding a machine gun that would have being used against the player, luckily that was all removed for his final incarnation.
-Some original room ideas for this version(that are viewable on the Biohazard 2 trial edition) included a sewer corridor that is just the water corridor seen in the 1.5 sewer, another version of the autopsy room, a completly different looking RPD main hall and a different version of the marshaling yard.
-Again during development Leon and Claire used 1.5 animations for some weapons.
-The first licker encounter was a cut-scene and not a full FMV a head would fall from the ceiling prompting Leon/Claire to jump back as the licker jumped down, this has being hacked into the bio2 trial and afaik the pc version of RE2.
-Claire could use machine guns and shotguns in the beta version.
-The Healing medicine that was used in 1.5 still made it into Final Re2 in the form of Grenade powder, you use them to combine with standard grenade rounds to create Flame or Acid.

So much more I can add might later on >.<
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:03 am

They never make videos longer than 5 minutes, it would be impossible to fit all that in. They pretty much just covered some of the major facts.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
They never make videos longer than 5 minutes, it would be impossible to fit all that in. They pretty much just covered some of the major facts.

Ah...did not know that >.<
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 7:36 am

I think they even did a two parter with Super Mario because of that. They also do these in text and picture format on their website.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:45 pm

had no ideia,interesring vdeo

thanks for sharing
Back to top Go down
rawk82
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 5:17 pm

awesome... Guess its the best choice for capcom when they redo the RE2 again...
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 am

I think the RE games would of actually been quite scary if they were a FPS.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:59 pm

Hmm...I don't know how I would have felt if RE was a FPS. Saying as I originally got into RE because of the story line I couldn't say how much this would have affected me. I do like it the way it is though, and I'm glad they didn't make it a FPS.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:56 pm

There's nothing wrong with first person shooters.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:42 pm

Mercy wrote:
Of course there is nothing wrong with first person shooters. I liked the camera angles in the first RE, and you couldn't have those with a FPS. It wouldn't have been a bad game if they decided to make Resident Evil a FPS, it just would've been different and that's fine. I would love to walk through the mansion in the first person shooter style, to see the closer up details that were missed by having 3rd person.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 11:19 pm

spawn wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Of course there is nothing wrong with first person shooters. I liked the camera angles in the first RE, and you couldn't have those with a FPS. It wouldn't have been a bad game if they decided to make Resident Evil a FPS, it just would've been different and that's fine. I would love to walk through the mansion in the first person shooter style, to see the closer up details that were missed by having 3rd person.
They actually had something like that. It's called Resident Evil: Deadly Silence.
Back to top Go down
spawn
Zombie
Zombie
spawn

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Mercy wrote:
spawn wrote:
Mercy wrote:
They actually had something like that. It's called Resident Evil: Deadly Silence.
Wow, actually? I never looked at Resident Evil: Deadly silence...I even own a DS...why haven't I done this? I read reviews for it a long time ago but the critics didn't seem to like it very much. But critics are usually wrong. I must investigate this more!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:35 pm

spawn wrote:
Mercy wrote:
spawn wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Wow, actually? I never looked at Resident Evil: Deadly silence...I even own a DS...why haven't I done this? I read reviews for it a long time ago but the critics didn't seem to like it very much. But critics are usually wrong. I must investigate this more!
It's really just Resident Evil on the DS with the ability to aim in first person. But the fact that it could even run it is an accomplishment for technology back then.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 5:00 am

Come to think of it, the game would've propably aged horribly. Sure it might've been cool back then but by now nobody would really want to go back and play an FPS on PS1.
Back to top Go down
NemmyLikesYou
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
NemmyLikesYou

Playstation Network ScalyShaft

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:33 am

I agree completely. I suppose Doom and the like were quite popular at the time, it makes sense that Capcom would originally have conceived the idea of Resident Evil off of that. If it had been a FPS Resident Evil would have been a vastly different beast now a days.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 12:10 pm

I did hear about this before, and to be honest, I"m glad we got the fixed camera angles. Having the game in first person wouldn't have worked as well
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 1:31 pm

FPS might have never worked back then, remember FPS games weren't as popular as they are in this generation of gaming (exceptions going to DOOM, quake, wolfenstein, rainbow 6 etc).
It might not have been scary and horrible excuted, maybe just the kind of game you play once and while or only once to find out what it's like.
I'm glad Capcom switched up there style and gave us RE as we know it today.
On the plus side we got the underrated and awesome RE: survivor anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 2:18 pm

Yes, I knew RE was almost an FPS.

chrisredfield84 wrote:
I think any game based on guns need to be FPS or third person shooters.It does not give a good gameplay experience with guns any other way.
But not every game with guns in it is "based on" them.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 7:46 am

Awh hay i already knew about that my dad told me. hmmmm also the guy who did the first devil may crys was originaly working on resident evil, thats why the castle in dmc one or two looks like the mansion from re also alot of other locations through out dmc look like re.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:16 am

halestride wrote:
hmmmm also the guy who did the first devil may crys was originaly working on resident evil, thats why the castle in dmc one or two looks like the mansion from re also alot of other locations through out dmc look like re.
That might be because Devil May Cry was made from an early version of RE4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!   Resident Evil was originally an FPS?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil was originally an FPS?!
Page 1 of 1