HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion

Go down 
+51
residentleet
VitalSigns
Mullet_Wesker
PAULSAMSON
Jamesy
VoyageTreader08
ToCool74
Revenant662
Ssplain
DivideByZero
DampRevil
weskydude
EQOAnostalgia
Pau Diaz
Shrike
halestride
Sundown31
02viperacr
Valentine Fan
gowett
AWDCP
The mastAH!
Sakura the zombie slayer
37 Narwhals
chrisredfield84
Minizue
GTMippey
RaviorStygian
MSR
Industrial Ridden
PWNERX
gucci13
Progenitor
will1234562
Spike991
Melissa_89
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Teh Black Cat
DeadlyGenetics
chrisredfielmusculo
kevdliu
00biohazard
RebelliousQueen
chocotricks
Ghost Leader
Nobudy
Venoym
White Rock
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Vandal
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 9:12 am

Mercy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Nobudy wrote:
Better yet, why don't they make DLC for 6 that shows us what Claire and Jill are doing during the game. If they can do it for Ada, then they can certainly do it for Claire and Jill. There could be events that lead up to them finally meeting each other.
They're propably holding them off for RE7 or something to that extent.
That is certainly my hopes for the next title. But if they don't have either Claire nor Jill in the game, they should really have them as DLC. I mean, they came out with a statement saying that they recognize that there is a fan base for them; yet they have anything to do about it.
They better think of something soon b/c the series would lose its "openness" of characters if the story started to focus on just Chris, Ada and Leon (Chris and Ada are already close 40 and Leon's in his mid 30s). If they don't feel like bringing back old characters, they could at least give us some kind of epilogue rather than throwing them on the bus of eternity.
We don't know what their plans are for the next title, we can only make speculations, but Capcom has come out with a statement recognizing fan's love for the characters. From what we know so far, Claire and Jill have no part of Resident Evil 6. Like I said before, I'd rather them have no part of Resident Evil 6 and have them star in Resident Evil 7. If they make it to Resident Evil 6, they're probably going to have some bit part like Jill had in Resident Evil 5
that'll also do.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 12:20 am

I agree with everything you have there, Mercy.

Also on the note of Billy being partnered with Rebecca; what exactly HAS he been doing since he departed from Rebecca? We all know Rebecca continued onward into the Arklay Mansion and helped Chris Redfield out but what about Billy? What if he later tried to help them out? I mean in CVX Leon helped Claire infiltrate the Paris Lab Facility(though she was captured, yes) so what if Billy is doing the same thing after things got worse? It's kinda liek Billy just sorta dropped off, and regardless of them being partners or not I think Billy did play a rather big role in RE0 despite him having no immediate connections to S.T.A.R.S or Umbrella itself. He got involved one way or the other and had to endure it, hell if Capcom had probably wanted to they could have made RE0 like REmake and such where Billy and Rebecca had separate stories, though they may have intertwined with each other, they could have possibly gone it alone either way only have slight encounters like Claire and Steve did in RECVX. Like where Steve was trapped in the room and had managed to obtain the Gold Luggers that Claire needed? They could have done something like that for Billy and Rebecca, but they didn't.

I'm sorry, I rambled... Anywho!

I would like for Ada, Leon, and Chris to be given a break from the series already. No side appearances either! It's time to let the others have their shining moments already. And I don't want anymore new characters being added into the soup pot either, they tend to be nothing but drama most of the time with little to no background and this isn't a Soap Opera here where they try to make you sad and feel sorry for their meaninglessness.

The backtracking and exploring coming back would be awesome, and maybe the removal of the chapters also. I wouldn't mind seeing the Type Writers making a come back and being used as they were in RE4, but where you still have to find an Ink Ribbon(but they have to hard to find! Like the BSAA emblems in RE5 kinda) to save your progress. Not sure about the item boxes though they would be a nice touch in case you need to store a weapon or some ammo to preserve it for later, but you would have to return to that same box to get the items you left in it, no black holing to the nearest one.

There was more I was thinking about, but my brain isn't registering it now for me. ._.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:07 am

Well as Bio said earlier "…Leon shouldn't have been relevant either. And they actually did a whole movie dedicated to two characters who survived during a game together, called RE Degeneration." I had lots of questions about Billy as you did when I saw the credits roll for Resident Evil 0. He did just seem to have been dropped, but I'm interested with him because he was some seemingly bad guy, he had to work together with an enforcer of the law, and they didn't get along all too much, but they grew on each other. I wish there was more of a gradation, but honestly, it's the most interesting pair up in Resident Evil in my opinion. They're a dynamic pair.

Concerning ink ribbons and item boxes, I think the audience right now are too stupid and they just want an easy game to blow by. I don't think Capcom would go back to making a good game for the sake of their new audience, but at the same time, I feel a little more difficulty is required other than enemies doing more damage. That's all Resident Evil 4 & 5 professional was; you just take more damage. There should be changing of the map, new things that happen or new things you have to do so you just don't go " Oh I remember, all I have to do is kill this guy and do that." Lame. As much as I would like the ink ribbons return I don't think we're getting it. I would also opt for no chapters and backtracking.

If you remember anything is like to hear more of your ideas!
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:36 am

According to Rely on Horror, Capcom plans on releasing more top titles frequently. So this could be RE or something else. How about Dino Crisis 4 now?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 1:53 am

White Rock wrote:
According to Rely on Horror, Capcom plans on releasing more top titles frequently. So this could be RE or something else. How about Dino Crisis 4 now?
I think Dino Crisis got scraped off their list of top titles when the third one didn't do too hot.

wiki wrote:
Despite the series being ranked the #7 best-selling Capcom franchise in 2010, Capcom's "VP of Strategic Planning and Business Development", Christian Svennson, commented that "Dino Crisis 3 went off the rails, if I recall", but noted that "Dino Crisis comes up from time to time in development meetings", though there wasn't "any burning desire from R&D or the business side to light that franchise back up again"

But we will see more Resident Evil, Street Fighter, MVC, and DMC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 07, 2012 4:40 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:
Also on the note of Billy being partnered with Rebecca; what exactly HAS he been doing since he departed from Rebecca? We all know Rebecca continued onward into the Arklay Mansion and helped Chris Redfield out but what about Billy? What if he later tried to help them out? I mean in CVX Leon helped Claire infiltrate the Paris Lab Facility(though she was captured, yes) so what if Billy is doing the same thing after things got worse?
I guess that would be a pretty bad idea for him, as he isn't exactly a "hero" in the eyes of the law. We haven't even seen what Rebecca has been doing so all we know Billy is still in hiding. We never saw Rebecca telling anyone anything about him aside from that he is "dead". He didn't have any connections to any other character either so chances are nigh 0 for him to even consider helping someone like, say, Chris. As much as I'd like for him to come back it would only make sense if Rebecca was involved.

Quote :
I wouldn't mind seeing the Type Writers making a come back and being used as they were in RE4, but where you still have to find an Ink Ribbon(but they have to hard to find! Like the BSAA emblems in RE5 kinda) to save your progress.
Umm.. Even I think that would be a horrible idea. Ink ribbons were never hard to find in any RE game. What if you're in a really tight spot or you really need to stop playing? If they were hidden as well as the BSAA emblems it would be ridiculously hard just to save your game.

Mercy wrote:
White Rock wrote:
I think Dino Crisis got scraped off their list of top titles when the third one didn't do too hot.
If they ever did anything to the series, it would most likely be a reboot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 am

Alright, you really can't finish playing Resident Evil 6 without thinking: "what's next to come?" Maybe it's just me, but after I finish a game I'm alread anticipating it's sequel if I liked it. In this case, it wasn't the best game of this consol generation, but I have to say: it only makes me look forward to what else Capcom has in store. They did mention that their main franchises are going to shorten the development time between each major release, so here are a few things to look forward to.

-Graphical enhancement: let's face it, Resident Evil 6 looked ugly and outdated. Resident Evil 5's graphics are way better, and it shows. So much so, that Resident Evil 5 looked better than Resident Evil Damnation, and Resident Evil: Afterlife. Why did Resident Evil 6 look so bad? Well to be fair, it was chock full of content, but that's why it's easier to put the game of that magnitude on two discs. Battlefield 3 had one disc for the campaign, and one disc for the multiplayer. Capcom could have done something similar.

-Horror: Leon's campaign wasn't scary, it was supposed to be the horror-filled campaign that we all hoped for, but to be honest, Resident Evil Damnation did a better job with that than Resident Evil 6 did.

-Better Controls: Yes, the controls of Resident Evil 6 is possibly the best in the series so far, you actually feel like you have total control of your character, but it feels like you have to have your hands contorted across your game controller with 3 button actions. If Cliffy B is serious about joining Capcom to "Fix Resident Evil:" I want him on team control scheme.

-Multi-campaigns: Now that Resident Evil 6 brought back multiple campaigns, we can look forward to other characters to share the lime light that we haven't seen in the games for a while.

This is all from me for now, any thoughts on what you look forward to the next Resident Evil?
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:58 pm

Rebecca and Billy are WAY overdo to make another appearance. Honestly, I LOVE both Jill and Claire however if they release Revelation on the 360, and Claire stars in some RE6 DLC, I rather pass on both of them. Being a huge Chris fangirl, I wouldn't mind if he was in it once again, but I highly doubt it. Leon I could possibly see.

I did like the 4 different campaigns and hopefully they'll do that again for 7. If they do I would like for them to be; Rebecca's and/or Billy's. Jake's (like to see him make a reappearance with Sherry, although I find that doubtful) and perhaps Chris's however if they do that I REALLY hope they'll make him partner up with either Jill or Claire. I rather not have any new characters introduced.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:53 pm

Mercy wrote:
Oh lord, I really do hope they move on from Leon and Chris, we've seen enough of them.

Well if re 7 is going to be like final resident evil, then tired or not, you most definitely will see them in it and even more so i think that they will be teamed up, (that will make the sales to hit the sky, only one shot of Chris with Leon in teaser made RE 6 incredibly popular, so doubt that they will stop milking that cow until its dry). But if the next release is not the end of the story, then Chris and Leon might get their vacation. Though Chris is my top character i still would love to play a game where Barry Burton will be a playable character so if that happens in next RE it will instantly become one of my favorites in the whole franchise.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:31 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Well if re 7 is going to be like final resident evil
That's a big if. More likely it's not even close to the end.

The reason Leon and Chris being in the same game was popular now is because that has never before happened in the games.
Back to top Go down
Melissa_89
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Melissa_89

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Well I've speculated on the next playable character(s) in RE 7.

Since Chris is playable in RE 5 and 6 it is unlikely that he'll be playable in RE 7 again, that would mean that he's playable three times in a row, so rather doubtful. I think he won't show up at all.
Just like Leon who has been in RE 4 and RE 6 lately. I don't expect him to be in RE 7 in any way.

I start to believe that Jake will be in RE 7, cause
Spoiler:

Since Jill wasn't playable in RE 5 and wasn't mentioned at all in RE 6, I'd love to see her again. Jill being in RE 7 could possibly be the reason why she wasn't mentioned in RE 6. And after all what Wesker has done to her it could get very interesting seeing her together with his son Jake, there'd be for sure a great tension.

As for Claire, imo it's pretty hard to tell how high her "probability of appearance" is.

i still would love to play a game where Barry Burton will be a playable character so if that happens in next RE it will instantly become one of my favorites in the whole franchise.
yeah, I like Barry too and seeing him in RE 7 would be awesome. But I doubt that we'll ever see him again. Capcom doesn't seem to have any plans with him, don't know.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Melissa_89 wrote:
Since Jill wasn't playable in RE 5 and wasn't mentioned at all in RE 6, I'd love to see her again. Jill being in RE 7 could possibly be the reason why she wasn't mentioned in RE 6. And after all what Wesker has done to her it could get very interesting seeing her together with his son Jake, there'd be for sure a great tension.
Jill was playable in RE5 through DLC and she also starred in Revelations. I don't really feel the need to play as her again.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Melissa_89 wrote:

Spoiler:

This is what I think. I got a feeling Jake is going to become a very important and frequent character of the RE series.

Mass Distraction wrote:
Melissa_89 wrote:
Jill was playable in RE5 through DLC and she also starred in Revelations. I don't really feel the need to play as her again.

If Revelations comes out on the 360, I doubt we'll be seeing her in 7 unless it's a small appearance.
Back to top Go down
Melissa_89
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Melissa_89

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:04 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Somehow I totally forgot about her being in DLC. But that's not the same compared to being playable from the beginning. Even so, I'd still love to see her again all the more if Jake will be in RE 7.

Who would you like to see in RE 7 or who do you think has got good chances to be in it?

Teh Black Cat wrote:
Melissa_89 wrote:

Spoiler:

This is what I think. I got a feeling Jake is going to become a very important and frequent character of the RE series.
yeah. But I'm sure he wouldn't be the only one who gets a bigger role in RE 7. Do you think he would pair up with somebody? I wouldn't want him to be with Sherry again, some other character would be cool.

Last edited by Melissa_89 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Well if re 7 is going to be like final resident evil
That's a big if. More likely it's not even close to the end.

The reason Leon and Chris being in the same game was popular now is because that has never before happened in the games.

Well then how far can they go? They already did almost everything and killed main villains. Creating new outbreaks, adding more bad guys and sending super teams to fight them over, over and over will turn into a broken record after some time IMO. the way i think is that They might create "In Between" games like Revelations before RE7, but re 7 will be final. They might even take Chris and Leon out until 7 to make like a big come back, that will make 7 even more anticipated.
---
I agree thats one of the reasons, but the main reason is that they are the most famous characters of RE. Can you imagine how popular the game will be if they team Chris and Leon up? I would prefer old teams like Chris/Jill or Leon/Clair to come back and that would have been huge also, but nothing compared to the Chris/Leon team.

@Melissa_89: Thats 2 bad, though he's 54 or something, he still can teach both Chris and Leon some new tricks. . . Too bad hes thrown away, cs hes such an awesome character!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Seeing how Sherry was reintroduced, I feel they're going to keep going with her, that and I feel the same way Melissa does about Jake: he's going to play an important part in the Resident Evil franchise.

I just would like to see older characters make another appearance, but it doesn't seem likely. Having a true Chris/Leon team up would probably make fans spoil themselves, and that would rake in so much cash. I was disappointed that Leon and Chris only crossed paths once and they barely saw each other. I was expecting an actual fight, not one cutscene.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:24 pm

@CRRE156: I still very much doubt RE7 will be the last. If anything, they might end up rebooting them like they did with DMC.

Melissa_89 wrote:
Who would you like to see in RE 7 or who do you think has got good chances to be in it?
I don't even want to start guessing who has the chances to be in it because it's pretty obvious they're just gonna keep recycling these same old faces. Now what would I want to see... that's a whole other story. Of course I'd like to see my favorite character, Carlos, and maybe a bit of Billy. Definitely Ark, he has such good reasons to be there. Additionally they could shed some light to what people like HUNK, Vector and Nicholai have been doing since Raccoon. Rebecca, Bruce, Fong Ling... There are so many characters I'd like to see again D:

Melissa_89 wrote:
Spoiler:
Now that I think of it, that extra ending could also allude to the rumored extra DLC campaign. It's said to set after the events of the actual game.

Mercy wrote:
I was expecting an actual fight, not one cutscene.
Maybe something like in ORC?

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 120px-400px-Trollface

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Melissa_89 wrote:

yeah. But I'm sure he wouldn't be the only one who gets a bigger role in RE 7. Do you think he would pair up with somebody? I wouldn't want him to be with Sherry again, some other character would be cool.

I really liked the chemistry Sherry and Jake had. To me, they're like the new Chris&Jill and Leon&Claire. Do I think they'll pair them up together again in 7? No. I honestly don't even think Sherry will be in it if Jake is. As for who they'd team him up with, I have no clue. Possibly someone new. I can't see them pairing him up with say Jill, Rebecca, or Claire but someone more around his age. His personality seems to go well with more "girly" type characters, or someone he'll need to protect like Ashley for example.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Since when have we had an RE7 discussion thread. scratch

I think I'd like to see Jake in RE7. I'd like to see him and Chris in another game, but somehow, the fued they started in RE6 for those two, I almost feel isn't going anywhere.

I think Jake realized that Chris wasn't so wrong, and I'm sure Chris doesn't actually have anything personal against Jake.

Have I mentioned the idea of Jill being in Egypt, going inside Pyramids, being dressed like Lara Croft a bit, tiny shorts and all. Zombies and mummies inside dark pyramids with booby traps and secrets, sounds like a great RE idea.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:56 am

Mass wrote:
Maybe something like ORC?

Say what you want about it, the concept was gold. The fact that they even set it up like that, with Chris and Leon aiming their guns at each other, it was like you had to choose a side, it's a good idea. ORC advertised that your mission was to kill Leon, the most popular Resident Evil character out there. What did we get? One cutscene in Resident Evil 6, and one lousy fight that had no build up and no suspense. ORC pretty much decided to end.

@Spike, I think there was some unfinished business between Chris and Jake, and they can definitely carry it onto the next game or next few games. Maybe they don't hate each other, but they have a connection to each other that could be explored in future games.

Also, Jill in a pyramid, surviving: legendary idea there. I approve.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 am

By the time RE6 ended, I think Jake had calmed down with his anger toward Chris. But of course, that remains to be seen. He doesn't feel like a "bad guy" at all, although he does kill for money, so I guess he'll go down the same path as Wesker (maybe). I doubt it, though. All these heroes seem to get a large following and so making them evil would be weird. Although the early trailer for Revelations and Chris' irrational behavior in RE6 means he may reach boiling point one day.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 12:41 pm

White Rock wrote:
By the time RE6 ended, I think Jake had calmed down with his anger toward Chris. But of course, that remains to be seen. He doesn't feel like a "bad guy" at all, although he does kill for money, so I guess he'll go down the same path as Wesker (maybe). I doubt it, though. All these heroes seem to get a large following and so making them evil would be weird. Although the early trailer for Revelations and Chris' irrational behavior in RE6 means he may reach boiling point one day.
In one of the files from his campaign, it says that he became a mercenary to
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 5:03 pm

@mass: Well thats a different thing, they might continue with reboots, Revelation like stories, make remakes and CGI remakes on games, but im pretty sure that the story itself will find its happy ending in 7, cs it has no way to go, since everything has been done, and doing same stories only with different names and places will turn into a broken record after some time.

@mercy: i would also love to see old characters back, 4 ex. if next game had Barry in it, it would have been the biggest comeback in RE history for me. Im pretty sure that they are going to bring at least Clair/Jill back, they are at least main characters of overall game story.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Mercy wrote:
Say what you want about it, the concept was gold. The fact that they even set it up like that, with Chris and Leon aiming their guns at each other, it was like you had to choose a side, it's a good idea. ORC advertised that your mission was to kill Leon, the most popular Resident Evil character out there. What did we get? One cutscene in Resident Evil 6, and one lousy fight that had no build up and no suspense. ORC pretty much decided to end.

Which idea was gold? I thought that ORC, on paper, was a fucking awesome idea. Didn't really turn out like that though. Seeing Leon and Chris pointing guns at eachother and a brief tango, was cool too. I don't really want to see those two fighting more than that. They didn't even really realize who eachother was til after throwing some punches and kicks anyway.

The fight with Leon at the end of ORC was pretty lame. I didn't play it, but saw a buddy play it, if you get too close to Leon he immediately ghetto stomps your face in, Game over. Long, drawn out, and unsatisfying.

Mercy wrote:
@Spike, I think there was some unfinished business between Chris and Jake, and they can definitely carry it onto the next game or next few games. Maybe they don't hate each other, but they have a connection to each other that could be explored in future games.

Also, Jill in a pyramid, surviving: legendary idea there. I approve.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see something else with Jake and another protagonist, maybe Leon, but preferrably Chris, it did kind of seem like he had calmed down like Rock said.

White Rock wrote:

You know, that early teaser for RER, that showed Chris sitting in a chair, then pointing a gun at Jill, then the guy in the chair had a deep "Aussie" sounding accent, that wasn't even real. Didn't happen in the game. Which was EXTREMELY dissapointing. Honestly, I still don't even really know what happened in RER, and I beat the game. I was doing another run recently, I should probably pop that game back in again soon.

I remember a time when everyone was speculating on what the hell was happening in that Teaser. Speculation that it was some sortof shapeshifting enemy, maybe like Gaiden, which also took place on a ship. STARLINER I believe. While RER has the Queen Zenobia, and another.

People, including myself, also thought that Alex Wesker had finally made his debut! Which is not the case...I remember that I had RER's story all figured out, using LIN as a basis. OMG, how wrong I was. Oh, and I thought HUNK was supposed to be in RER too, I remembered seeing him in that Teaser. WTF?

Stay gold Ponyboy

"Somehow I always manage to come through...not this time", "I, I messed up"

Jill was wearing her RE5 BSAA outfit, and there were zombies and HUNK. And that mysterious guy in the chair. This looks more interesting than RER was. While I still love RER.

Now I hate to make my post obnoxiously long, but this seems like a good time to show another early trailer that looked a tad better than the final product that we got. RE5's extended trailer from 2007. Looked intense, cool and scary. I still like a lot of the things from RE5, but this looked wayyy cooler.

Last one, I promise. Wink This Degeneration Trailer 2 was actually better than the full movie I thought. It uses RE2 BGMs, and it really took most of the highlights from the film, in addition to making Leon/Claire seem like a bigger part of the story.

Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2012 2:40 am

@Spike: Whos doing the voice in RE5 teaser ? That doesn't sound like Roger Craig smith . . . BTW teaser looks awesome, never seen that one . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 7 - Discussion   Resident Evil 7 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 7 - Discussion
Page 3 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next