HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?

Go down 
+6
Regenerator
Spike991
NiteKrawler
lyfesArcanum
Ghost Leader
Preator345
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Preator345
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:16 am

What would you guys think if they made another Resident Evil movie but based on the events in Resident Evil 4? What if they made one for Resident Evil 5 but also based on the game? Would that bring back more Resident Evil fans to watch the movies and read the books, and play the games? I think if the producers actually stuck to the story of the game, they would have better luck in sales and maybe more fans. Just wondering what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:57 am

Preator345 wrote:
What would you guys think if they made another Resident Evil movie but based on the events in Resident Evil 4? What if they made one for Resident Evil 5 but also based on the game? Would that bring back more Resident Evil fans to watch the movies and read the books, and play the games? I think if the producers actually stuck to the story of the game, they would have better luck in sales and maybe more fans. Just wondering what you guys think?
I don't see the point in making a movie that we'd have essentially already seen before it's complete and released.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:07 pm

I think there is a 4th live action film in production, but it follows the plot of the others, not the games.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Preator345 wrote:
I don't see the point in making a movie that we'd have essentially already seen before it's complete and released.

The amount of people who have played RE4 or any video game is extremely small compared to those who have not.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:25 pm

I agree with GL here, it would be pointless, and to go to RE4 for some reason, seems pretty spontaneous, plus going over a game we already know is what Paul Anderson didn't want to do in the first place, which is why the first RE movie was not based on the first game.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyWed May 13, 2009 11:42 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I agree with GL here, it would be pointless, and to go to RE4 for some reason, seems pretty spontaneous, plus going over a game we already know is what Paul Anderson didn't want to do in the first place, which is why the first RE movie was not based on the first game.Smile

Exactly, and it sucked. If it were based exactly on the game, it would have rocked. You and GL seem to forget that gamers aren't the only moviegoers. It may be pointless to make it if only we here at REForums were going to watch it (although I'd like it to happen), but many people who don't even know who Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy are will watch them and maybe fall in love with the games too. Going straight to RE4 would be dumb though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:43 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Exactly, and it sucked. If it were based exactly on the game, it would have rocked. You and GL seem to forget that gamers aren't the only moviegoers. It may be pointless to make it if only we here at REForums were going to watch it (although I'd like it to happen), but many people who don't even know who Chris Redfield or Leon Kennedy are will watch them and maybe fall in love with the games too. Going straight to RE4 would be dumb though.
That would just be catering to non-RE fans. The RE movies were conceived for fans of the games in the first place. Why should people who haven't played the games be the only ones to see something they haven't already seen?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:36 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
That would just be catering to non-RE fans. The RE movies were conceived for fans of the games in the first place. Why should people who haven't played the games be the only ones to see something they haven't already seen?

Do you really think that anyone could use *only* scenes from each game to make a full movie? They would have to add stuff and change stuff slightly. Sure, we would all know the outcome of each story, but so what? How you get there is just as important. If they made a movie that stuck with the story of any of the games, there would without a doubt be things you haven't seen before.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:40 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Do you really think that anyone could use *only* scenes from each game to make a full movie? They would have to add stuff and change stuff slightly. Sure, we would all know the outcome of each story, but so what? How you get there is just as important. If they made a movie that stuck with the story of any of the games, there would without a doubt be things you haven't seen before.
And then people would hate the changes and complain about them.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:48 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
And then people would hate the changes and complain about them.

Only crybabies. It works for comic books, it can work for games too.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:36 pm

I like the idea of trying to keep game movies as close to the actual story as possible
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:56 pm

Resident Evil Games= sheer brilliance
Resident Evil Movies= complete and utter tripe/rubbish/crap/every other word i'd like to use.

The movies were crap renditions of how some crap movie director visioned the RE world to be and his vision is clouded by tripe...he is a rubbish director with no clear sense of direction...you don't take a game idea like RE which has an amazingly beautiful and complex storyline and turn it on it's head to make it resemble nothing of what RE is about...even their zombies were rubbishly acted....in a nutshell i hate the movies can ya tell lol!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 9:46 am

RedFieldRiot wrote:
Resident Evil Movies= complete and utter tripe/rubbish/crap/every other word i'd like to use.

The movies were crap renditions of how some crap movie director visioned the RE world to be and his vision is clouded by tripe...he is a rubbish director with no clear sense of direction...you don't take a game idea like RE which has an amazingly beautiful and complex storyline and turn it on it's head to make it resemble nothing of what RE is about...even their zombies were rubbishly acted....in a nutshell i hate the movies can ya tell lol!

She makes me so proud! *sniffle*
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 3:35 pm

RedFieldRiot wrote:

look at that! you took the words right out of my mouth Smile thank you for saving me the time
Back to top Go down
NEMESIS23
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
NEMESIS23

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 5:57 pm

The resident evil films suck...But I like the 1st one and degeneration...I hated the last one they made. Mad
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:02 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

It wasn't so bad, at least to where it brough things into the games, Red Queen, laser scenes, text from RE title in movies used in Outbreak, etc., I think they could have stayed true to the games, but I also think that there is not a real true way to duplicate the experience you get from playing RE, it is something that cannot be duplicated into a movie, and Anderson seemed to know at least that.Smile

I know that I myself have considered that other moviegoers go to watch RE movies, and I am sure GL has too, which is why we can enjoy them when we watch them.Smile More than some anyway, but it is looking at them in a different way.Smile

And also, what I think some forget is that Anderson tried to make it true to RE, but he was screwed by RE0(which obviously brought in a new and better backstory to the whole outbreak) and then had no choice but to change the stuff up and make it a different canon.Smile
Back to top Go down
Finch
Cerberus
Cerberus
Finch

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:26 pm

The thing I hated about the last one was the fact Alison now has magical superpowers. It makes it so lame, and the fact that the tyrant who is one of my favorite monsters got owned so fast really annoyed me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:30 pm

Finch wrote:
The thing I hated about the last one was the fact Alison now has magical superpowers. It makes it so lame, and the fact that the tyrant who is one of my favorite monsters got owned so fast really annoyed me.

Yeah to be honest I don't have anything to say to defend the 3rd movie.....
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Finch wrote:

It started at the end of the second movie, which set off a huge WTF alarm in my head. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:34 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Finch wrote:

It started at the end of the second movie, which set off a huge WTF alarm in my head. Laughing

Yeah, how she looked into the camera and somehow made that guy's blood come out of him like he had ebola or something...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

It wasn't so bad, at least to where it brough things into the games, Red Queen, laser scenes, text from RE title in movies used in Outbreak, etc., I think they could have stayed true to the games, but I also think that there is not a real true way to duplicate the experience you get from playing RE, it is something that cannot be duplicated into a movie, and Anderson seemed to know at least that.Smile

I know that I myself have considered that other moviegoers go to watch RE movies, and I am sure GL has too, which is why we can enjoy them when we watch them.Smile More than some anyway, but it is looking at them in a different way.Smile

And also, what I think some forget is that Anderson tried to make it true to RE, but he was screwed by RE0(which obviously brought in a new and better backstory to the whole outbreak) and then had no choice but to change the stuff up and make it a different canon.Smile

Here come the ulcers... Sad
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? EmptySat May 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Spike991 wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Finch wrote:

Yeah, how she looked into the camera and somehow made that guy's blood come out of him like he had ebola or something...
I had to watch that bit twice because it made no sense the first time. Still doesn't... I mean, ugh, there are no words.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?   Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 4 movie? Resident Evil 5? Whats next?
Page 1 of 1