HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) Empty
PostSubject: Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)   Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyFri Aug 24, 2012 5:12 am

Decided to make this thread(although it may need to be moved not sure though.)

What i'm going to cover here are the differences between the final version of Dino Crisis 2 and the Trial Edition of 2 that was released(yes there are quite a bunch of differences.)

To begin with the trial edition was released 1-2 months before the final version of DC 2 was released, in that time things changed quite a bit.

The first thing i'll cover is the inventory:
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) 007
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) 9mu4u

As you can see Regina's character art is slightly different in the trial build compared to the final build. You will also notice that the extinction points are referred to as Vital Credit in the trial edition. Weapon wise all the weapons in 2 final are in 2 trial.

Backgrounds
For now i'm covering only the ones i've managed to get to work so far(shall explain more in a bit.)

3RD Energy Research Facility
*Looks like there is a different position for the dead body you find near the facility that mentions he dropped the key in the jungle:
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) QGvzn
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) SrjC8

There is no facility in the distance:
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) LN6I9
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) X4CD6

Rubble in the final but none in the beta:
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) CiA7J
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) HKBHx

Entire section with the van/truck is different:
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) Xv8WE
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) PEe73
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) ORV8Y
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) FRFYc

Here is the image of the underwater healing item:
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) 8ezdf

And here is a render with texture corruption:
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) OYbOH

Edward City
Click for bigger images
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) Bj09Rl
Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) XqIdSl

Game-play Differences
After digging into this trial edition I found the following things:

*Despite it being the trial edition it contains the entire game from beginning to end.
*Despite it including the entire game there are some sections that don't work therefore they crash the game.
*When using the Gas mask to enter the missile silo at the end of the game your health depletes.
*The section where you have to protect David from Raptors while he raises the water gate only contains one raptor, when he raises it the game crashes, which hints that they were still testing this area before final release.
*The section where Regina and Dylan have to fight against the Allosaurus that keep spawning(Basically the area where you use the flare gun) is impossible to complete since it appears the Allosarus are invulnerable only with Regina though.
*During the underwater reactor sections you have to purchase air cans to replenish your health as ordinary health packs won't work.
*The poison plant section in the jungle cannot insta kill Dylan like it does Regina.

This is what I have found so far as I find more i'll update the thread.

Last edited by DXP on Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)   Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 pm

DXP wrote:
Entire section with the van/truck is different:
Looks like just a different camera angle to me. The rest looks the same.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)   Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:04 am

It's true that the angles look the same but look again =P the textures on the walls are different, the truck is different and the rubble next to it is absent in the trial but in the final version there is some. The railings on the floor above are different, the bridge is not a rusty metal one in the trial and is just a concrete slab. And the first angle is very different slightly. Again there are so many differences in regards to the background and the mechanics, which i'm still updating.

Added a couple of new images to the first post.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)   Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:42 am

DXP wrote:
It's true that the angles look the same but look again =P the textures on the walls are different, the truck is different and the rubble next to it is absent in the trial but in the final version there is some. The railings on the floor above are different, the bridge is not a rusty metal one in the trial and is just a concrete slab. And the first angle is very different slightly. Again there are so many differences in regards to the background and the mechanics, which i'm still updating.
I see rubble in them all. It's just more defined and visible in the release version, in the trial version it blends in with the ground. As far as textures go, it could just be the quality of the comparison pics. The trial pics look to be lower resolution than the release pics.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)   Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:44 am

It's always interesting to see this kind of extra stuff on games.

The part with the facility/no facility in the distance kinda reminds me of a part in Blue Stinger.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)   Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dino Crisis 2 Trial Edition(differences to final version)
Page 1 of 1