HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak

Go down 
+4
Outbreakgirl
Methsia
Mass Distraction
Prince of Judah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I think the RPD, and especially STARS should have been able to accomplish much more during the outbreak. I really hate the movie storyline, since the apocalypse thing is a turn off. trained combat personnel should in real life have been able to easily set up a perimeter. (Yes I know there aren't zombies in RL) Yet the film portrays them as useless and so does RE 2. The zombies are actually living. they aren't dead after being reanimated, and should be able to be dispatched quickly with firearms. Even being able to absorb a few bullets, it isn't more than a few. anyway, there isn't any reason why a large number of trained military and police shouldn't be able to withstand hordes of zombies that shouldn't be able to get past cars and blocks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:58 pm

You have to remember that the zombies weren't the only problem. There were also large amounts of BOWs running around.

Pretty much every zombie movie thus far has had a large, if not global, outbreak anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Setting up perimeter should have been hard. I'd imagine the outbreak was quite a shock to them (obviously)-- What if they saw their family or friends among the zombies, something like that could tick off in their brain and they just can't concentrate.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Well, it's like what Brad said-The RPD wasn't trained to handle situations like a zombie outbreak. They were fighting Zombies and monsters, something that's not suppose to exist in real life.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Prince of Judah wrote:
I think the RPD, and especially STARS should have been able to accomplish much more during the outbreak. I really hate the movie storyline, since the apocalypse thing is a turn off. trained combat personnel should in real life have been able to easily set up a perimeter. (Yes I know there aren't zombies in RL) Yet the film portrays them as useless and so does RE 2. The zombies are actually living. they aren't dead after being reanimated, and should be able to be dispatched quickly with firearms. Even being able to absorb a few bullets, it isn't more than a few. anyway, there isn't any reason why a large number of trained military and police shouldn't be able to withstand hordes of zombies that shouldn't be able to get past cars and blocks anyway.

Remember what happened at the end of RE1, STARS was disbanded because they apparently made up all that zombie bullshit that happened in the mansion and as a result no one believed them(Quoting Marvin there) Screw the movie storyline also they had way to many STARS members to begin with. Speaking of the RPD trying to control the situation how many officers do we see in RE3 aiming not for the head? Again as Brad stated the police weren't trained for that kind of situation for all they knew(like outbreak confirmed) it was just a riot at a baseball stadium gone wrong not a full overblown zombie outbreak. Again bringing outbreak back into the equation when they knew something was happening within Raccoon they started setting up emergency areas to evacuate the citizens too(Raccoon Zoo, The RPD) basically where people could get transport, except as the outbreak continued things started to go wrong the situation became worse and as a result there were hordes upon hordes of zombies not to mention Nemesis,the Hunter Beta's and various other BOWS all being deployed in Raccoon to obtain combat data. Eventually the RPD the last bastion of hope so to speak is finally breached and through all the memo's and files obtained in both 2 and 3 we see events unfold.

So no they couldn't have accomplished a lot they were busy evacuating the citizens whilst trying to tame a 'riot', STARS were just liars in the eyes of Raccoon thanks to Irons and his meddling why else would you stay in Raccoon if no one believed you?
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 2:42 pm

I never completed fully any game but four so I wasn't aware of these facts. I stand corrected. But I do think had they been mentally prepared then they could have done better. I didn't know that STARS was completely disbanded. It's too bad. I really like those guys.

I'd like to add something. Why the hell were bioweapons running around??
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Prince of Judah wrote:
I'd like to add something. Why the hell were bioweapons running around??
Some escaped from Umbrella's labs, some were released on purpose to gain combat data.

Btw. If you want to add something to your post, use the edit button Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 4:02 pm

Oops, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Prince of Judah wrote:
Police officers are trained with a "shoot to wound" mentality because their intention is to take suspects into custody alive. Similarly, soldiers aren't trained to shoot for the head, the military teaches you to aim for what's called the "A box" (essentially the chest and abdomen area) because it gives you a better chance of actually hitting what you're shooting at, because getting an accurate hit on a person's head under fire or in a high stress situation or if panicked, especially at range and when the target is moving around quickly or ducking in and out of cover, is nearly impossible.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 pm

I will say however, RE Degeneration should have no excuse for Angela, Greg, and the Airport Security's stupidity and poor combat. At that point in time, it's been 7 years since Raccoon, and they were still surprised that a shot to the torso wouldn't kill a zombie. It's even more annoying that Leon and Claire flat tell them to shoot them in the head along with the fact that zombies don't hesitate to attack. Then Angela's dumb a** yells "STOP". Man...my post sounds more like a rant...
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Nobudy wrote:
I will say however, RE Degeneration should have no excuse for Angela, Greg, and the Airport Security's stupidity and poor combat. At that point in time, it's been 7 years since Raccoon, and they were still surprised that a shot to the torso wouldn't kill a zombie.
Again, I point out the very training that OP implied was lacking when it's not, it just simply isn't being understood. None of them are trained to shoot to kill. Angela and Greg are police officers, not assassins or or hitmen or anything like that. They're used to dealing with bank robberies, hostage situations, and serving warrants, where the suspect or suspects might be heavily armed but the priority is to bring them in unharmed with the use of as little deadly force as possible or, preferably, none at all. This is why they carry tazers in addition to their sidearms, so as to have a non-lethal alternative to deadly force. And I don't think the airport security guards even had guns, though even if they did, they would be trained to diffuse situations without deadly force since bystanders can be injured in such situations.

The amount of time that passed between Raccoon City and Harvardville is irrelevant.

Quote :
It's even more annoying that Leon and Claire flat tell them to shoot them in the head along with the fact that zombies don't hesitate to attack. Then Angela's dumb a** yells "STOP". Man...my post sounds more like a rant...
It's still a matter of training, though. Angela and Greg were in a tense situation and their brains were reverting to what they were trained to do without them even thinking about it. Nothing here makes Angela a dumb ass, it was only her first and so far only encounter with walkers. Leon and Claire didn't know to shoot for the head back in '98 in Raccoon City either, yet nobody considered them to be dumb asses.

I'm pretty much this site's top authority on matters such as this. Believe me, I know my stuff.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySat Sep 01, 2012 7:00 pm

I have been playing a little bit of RE 2 on my tablet and I have to reassess my opinion of the RPD's performance. I don't know the exact timeframe of the outbreak but the according to the RPD reports they actually survived for a considerable amount of time and managed to conduct complex operations even in spite of limited access to communication hardware and ammunition. (although they surely had more than civilians). A moment of silence for the brave men and women who died performing their duty!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 4:13 am

Prince of Judah wrote:
I have been playing a little bit of RE 2 on my tablet and I have to reassess my opinion of the RPD's performance. I don't know the exact timeframe of the outbreak but the according to the RPD reports they actually survived for a considerable amount of time and managed to conduct complex operations even in spite of limited access to communication hardware and ammunition. (although they surely had more than civilians). A moment of silence for the brave men and women who died performing their duty!
Don't forget the people who put their lives on the line performing their duty in the real world. They deserve much more credit than video game characters whose survival is dependent on a script.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Prince of Judah wrote:
Don't forget the people who put their lives on the line performing their duty in the real world. They deserve much more credit than video game characters whose survival is dependent on a script.

Yet what are the odds they'll actually receive it? I have a close friend in the NAVY right now and awaiting his orders he says. I'm kinda scared for when he leaves.

On topic though, as Mass said with the various B.O.W's running around and then you had mutated William Birkin bashing people over the head with his trusty leadpipe, and then jabbing everyone as he went along too that doesn't exactly help anything. Also the people of Raccoon City weren't exactly prepared for an invasion of the Undead and Mutated, other wise they probably would have stood a better chance. But let's face it, not everyone has a glock hidden in their car.
Back to top Go down
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:43 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Prince of Judah wrote:

Of course. I haven't forgotten the real folks. I thank veterans whenever I encounter them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak   RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak Empty

Back to top Go down

RPD / Combat Personnel during the Outbreak
Page 1 of 1