HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil

Go down 
+4
Vandal
chrisredfield84
Spike991
chrisredfielmusculo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil Empty
PostSubject: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 6:05 am

i would like to see some changes,i think capcom shoud give the player some more variety of moves,
i woud like to see some throws or trips,it woud be fun has hell if you could throw zombies,
kinda like that arm throw chris gives jill in resident evil 5

but this is just my opinion

woud you like some changes,or woud you prefer the style of melle of todays series?
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 5:34 pm

I think the combat is perfect, at least by RER. It plays so well and I love it.

If anything, we could definatley use more moves, like the stuff in Outbreak I mean. They got the melee thing down well enough by RE5.

But I mean like Kevin had a front kick he would do if from the aiming position you press a face button.

I mean we have enough room for that. Hold R and what, press X to shoot, A to reload, but Y and B are still open. Or Hold R and what, press Square, press X to reload, but Triangle and Circle are still open, for you PS users. Wink

And other characters had different things...I think somebody shoved, I think Cindy just ducked real fast...I mean whatever, but that kick alone would be cool. Maybe make it so that each character has something different there. It could be useful.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 6:44 am

Melees don't interest me. The only reason i would resort to a melee is if i am running low on ammo.Some of the melees are good but some don't. Eg: I hated stomp but i loved neckbreaker.I expect a shooter game from RE and not a hand to hand combat.I believe shooter games need to be strategized better than hand to hand combat. If at all it needs to be added, I would like it to be a quick time event like RE 4 with krauser. That would be a worthy hand to hand combat than jus shoot in knees or head to earn a melee attack.It might be tedious in modes like mercenaries, but i prefer RE 4 mercenaries than RE 5 where RE 5 was all about melees but RE 4 was strategy.And yes, I did not like melees in mercenaries giving extra 5 seconds which made players to stomp their way to a higher score. I did not use it the first time i played but was able to score only 100000+ but found players to use melees to get a higher score. My full credits to them but i would really prefer melee to be a quick time event than a mercenary time bonus.

Last edited by chrisredfield84 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:51 am

you are saying that you moud like melle to be a time to time event
like in the figth with krauser?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 8:57 am

I liked how hard it was to pull off Melee moves in Resident Evil 4, it was satisfying to kick someone's head off like a watermelon.

I liked the variations of Melee in Resident Evil 5.

How Resident Evil 6 will turn out, who knows? I would like it if it is tougher to pull off Melee in 6. Throwing zombies around seems stupid.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:01 am

i think it will be like resident evil 5,but with some new features
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 am

chrisredfielmusculo wrote:
you are saying that you moud like melle to be a time to time event
like in the figth with krauser?

Yes, something like that .... bounce
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:42 am

Ahhh, I enjoyed all the mellee moves on RE5, especially Wesker's
I used them quiet a lot when I was scarce of ammo, since Sheva/Chris'
AI ate them fast. What I did was shoot their legs and mostly the upper
shoulder to perform the moves. Good times.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:19 pm

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Melees don't interest me. The only reason i would resort to a melee is if i am running low on ammo.Some of the melees are good but some don't. Eg: I hated stomp but i loved neckbreaker.I expect a shooter game from RE and not a hand to hand combat.I believe shooter games need to be strategized better than hand to hand combat. If at all it needs to be added, I would like it to be a quick time event like RE 4 with krauser. That would be a worthy hand to hand combat than jus shoot in knees or head to earn a melee attack.It might be tedious in modes like mercenaries, but i prefer RE 4 mercenaries than RE 5 where RE 5 was all about melees but RE 4 was strategy.And yes, I did not like melees in mercenaries giving extra 5 seconds which made players to stomp their way to a higher score. I did not use it the first time i played but was able to score only 100000+ but found players to use melees to get a higher score. My full credits to them but i would really prefer melee to be a quick time event than a mercenary time bonus.

The quick-time events like in the fight with Krauser were awesome. Having him sneak up behind you and grab you holding his knife at your throat, and you can get out with a few button presses, you then have him aproach you with his knife. It was just a really cool part of the game.

I thought the fight with Wesker was going to be like that. Chris & Wesker. But nope.

There were just a few, which were really nice, like being able to throw like 4 or 5 hard punches to Wesker with Chris, one of which knocks his ass on the ground.

There was another where Wesker will grab your should and hold you there in pain, until your partner helps you, or you use your knife through the quicktime sequences...they just really could have made that whole thing so cool like Leon/Krauser, but fell short big time. Because of Sheva and things like Wesker being so different also affected it in ways like Wesker saying stupid shit the whole time and sounding ridiculous. "Ah! There you are!"
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 1:50 am

@spike: Yes, I do want the melees to be a bit better as done in Leon/krauser battle in RE 4. But at the same time, Krauser was really tedious on PRO and quick time events were stepped as nearly 4 quick time events in a row. I would not want that to be that tedious. If at all capcom decides it, I will welcome it though i might find it hard.On the other hand QTEs can be as same as prince of persia two thrones which had only one button press as QTE.Modifying that to any button QTE would have made the game even more interesting to play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh3YOXSppkA
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 3:13 am

No more quicktime events I say! I hate them so much. Especially those with two button presses at the same time. Krauser fight in RE4 is one of my most hated things in videogame history being almost as annoying as Seth at the end of SF4.

I really like melee in Mercenaries 3D.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
No more quicktime events I say! I hate them so much. Especially those with two button presses at the same time. Krauser fight in RE4 is one of my most hated things in videogame history being almost as annoying as Seth at the end of SF4.

I really like melee in Mercenaries 3D.

What's so special about the Melee's in Mercs3D? They work just like RE5. Or do you mean some of the specific ones? I really like Krauser's and HUNK's. Haha.

And I'm not talking about the cutscene quicktime things, I'm talking about the ones like in the 2nd Krauser fight.

And if you don't like them, it's probably cuz you suck. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 6:52 pm

It's already an action shooter, now all it needs is to become part Street Fighter. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
It's already an action shooter, now all it needs is to become part Street Fighter. Rolling Eyes

GL is already a jerk, now he's gotta become a comedian too?

And eff Street Fighter. I like my fighting games to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

GL is already a jerk
That's nice. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:06 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

GL is already a jerk
That's nice. Rolling Eyes

Hey I meant it in a good way. bounce
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:16 am

No name calling.

I hate quick time events to be honest. Hated them in RE4, hate them in God of War, hate them in every game except Heavy Rain which is a bit different. Cutscenes used to be an award for playing well. Now you can't sit back and relax and enjoy the show because you have to take an active part in the cutscenes too? Lame.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
No name calling.

I hate quick time events to be honest. Hated them in RE4, hate them in God of War, hate them in every game except Heavy Rain which is a bit different. Cutscenes used to be an award for playing well. Now you can't sit back and relax and enjoy the show because you have to take an active part in the cutscenes too? Lame.

I think they have a chair named after you, Lay Z Boy.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfielmusculo
Licker
Licker

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 am

i dont think the cutscenes woud be a problem,if they were really easy......
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 1:47 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Agreeing with you there. In pretty much every game nowadays I just can't relax and sit back when there's a cutscene because there might be some sudden stupid quicktime event that could ruin my otherwise perfect game. Sometimes (like in RE4) if you fail in the quicktime events of a cutscene you have to watch it over and over again which just makes it tedious and annoying.

Spike991 wrote:
What's so special about the Melee's in Mercs3D? They work just like RE5. Or do you mean some of the specific ones? I really like Krauser's and HUNK's. Haha.
I dunno, it's just so fluent in that one. I'd rather just shoot in RE5. It could be the handheld controls but I do like the variety of different moves in the game too.

...and yes, I do suck at sudden cutscene quicktimes when I have already put my controller down to take a sip of cola and enjoy the dialogue or whatever else is going on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
I dunno, it's just so fluent in that one. I'd rather just shoot in RE5. It could be the handheld controls but I do like the variety of different moves in the game too.

...and yes, I do suck at sudden cutscene quicktimes when I have already put my controller down to take a sip of cola and enjoy the dialogue or whatever else is going on.

Yeah? Did you like spill your pop everywhere when you were freaking out because of the sudden cutscene button sequence? Haha.

I guess it does work pretty well. I think the thing that makes it play so well though, is the ability to walk while aiming. I know that I hated people for complaining about how you couldnt do that in the RE games, and I always thought it was a stupid complaint, but it's been used before, File#2 & DA, and so with that stuff to back it up, Mercs3D implimented it perfectly.

It's honestly hard to back to RE5 Mercs, I've tried. Watch Mass, it's gonna feel so obvious at first. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil   what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil Empty

Back to top Go down

what is your view on the mele combat in resident evil
Page 1 of 1