Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Outbreak EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Outbreak EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Outbreak EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Outbreak EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Outbreak EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Outbreak EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Outbreak EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Outbreak EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Outbreak

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:30 am

The Outbreak series consists of 2 games, Outbreak and Outbreak File#2, with 8 playable characters and 10 Scenarios in Raccoon between the 2 games.

I've been wondering, although the events in the Outbreak series isn't exactly canon, like RE3, they still are sort of canonical, and certain characters seem to have more significance on a certain level than others.

Which characters do you think especially belong to certain scenarios? Kevin Ryman(RPD Police Officer), Alyssa Ashcroft(Journalist), Yoko Suzuki(Raccoon University Student/Connected to Umbrella), Mark Wilkins(Security Guard), George Hamilton(Doctor at Raccoon Hospital), Jim Chappman(Subway Agent), Cindy Lenox(Waitress at J's Bar) and David King(Plumber).

Outbreak: I'm not sure who should officially take the lead early during the Outbreak in J's Bar. Mark, and his Security friend Bob, seem to be in the bar in most character's scenarios. If you play as Yoko, you see her cutting her hair in the bathroom. And of course Cindy works in the bar as a waitress, and most of the characters seem to be in the bar anyway, so I'm not sure.

Below Freezing Point: Yoko, who has some sort of connection to Umbrella, as 2 Umbrella researchers knew her by name. She seems to have some sort of amnesia(Ark, Chris), but Yoko Suzuki seems like an obvious fit for this scenario in Birkin's underground laboratory. Yoko Suzuki.

The Hive: The fact that George Hamilton M.D. is a doctor at Raccoon Hospital, he seems like a safe choice for this level. George Hamilton.

Hellfire: This scenario takes place in the Apple Inn. I'm clueless as to who would be most fitting here. It show firefighters from the Raccoon Fire Department, so maybe Kevin could be a good choice, but I'm not positive.

Decisions, Decisions: This seems like a toss up between Yoko and George. This scenario takes place at Raccoon University, obviously Yoko being a student, as well as ex-Umbrella researcher Greg Mueller knowing her. George knows someone who works there at the University, Peter Jenkins, and is shown reading a letter from his friend at the beginning in the underground parking garage at RPD. He is also shown entering the University at the beginning, whether he's in your group of 3 or not. This is a tough one. Yoko Suzuki or George Hamilton, or both.

Wild Things: Not sure who would work well in this scenario at Raccoon City's Zoo.

Underbelly: Jim Chappman works for the Raccoon City Subway Station, so this one is plenty obvious. Jim Chappman.

Flashback: The interesting story in North East Raccoon Forest, with the Cabin in the woods and the abandoned hospital, follows a man named Kurt(or Kirk) that knows Allysa. She has lots of little flashbacks and clearly the whole situation affects her more personally than any of the others. Alyssa Ashcroft.

Desperate Times: As this scenario takes place in the Raccoon City Police Department, and shows the remaining officers, including Marvin Branaugh, attempting to escape. Kevin seems to be the obvious choice here. Kevin Ryman.

End Of The Road: In an Umbrella research facility with researchers Carter and Linda, the opening cutscene shows the plumber, David, beating down some zombays with his trusty lead pipe, which is the reason I'd select him for this scenario. I don't recall anybody recognizing Yoko this time around. David King.

Anyway, that's what I got ATM. Do you agree with these choices, and do you have anything to say for the ones I left open?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:23 am

I agree with all of them, as for the zoo maybe Mark could fit in him being a security guard and all. Also the bar also felt like Kevins or Marks to me, but it makes more sense itd belong to Cindy
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm

chocotricks wrote:
I agree with all of them, as for the zoo maybe Mark could fit in him being a security guard and all. Also the bar also felt like Kevins or Marks to me, but it makes more sense itd belong to Cindy

I've always played Kevin, and I picture him and Mark in J's Bar too. Of course Cindy is there if you play as Kevin, but IDK if she appears in any of the cutscenes.

Mark could be a nice fit for the Zoo. Hell, that could be where he's a security guard.

The thing is, there are 8 Characters and 10 Scenarios, and I want to make sure each character has at least one scenario to their name.

While some characters, like Yoko and George, each have 2 scenarios. And some characters barely have one. I wish we could choose who was in our group in the first Outbreak, like we can in File#2. That would make things easier.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Hellfire: This scenario takes place in the Apple Inn. I'm clueless as to who would be most fitting here. It show firefighters from the Raccoon Fire Department, so maybe Kevin could be a good choice, but I'm not positive.
I remember there being something in this scenario that justifies Alyssa's presence in there, like her doing a report there or something. I dunno, I might be wrong. Also, for some reason, every time I play this scenario David disappears and later reappers with a whole bunch of weapons. No idea if that is indicating something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
I remember there being something in this scenario that justifies Alyssa's presence in there, like her doing a report there or something. I dunno, I might be wrong. Also, for some reason, every time I play this scenario David disappears and later reappers with a whole bunch of weapons. No idea if that is indicating something.

You know, I think I remember something about that too. I also recall reading a diary or note, File, from Dario Rosso, of RE3 fame in the Apple Inn. Of course, I think there was a typo in which it was spelled Losso.

I'll be going back and playing through it again soon, but since I lost my memory card, I'll have to start from the first Scenario, and work my way up to Hellfire, which is the fourth level. Ugh.

Oh and I don't think that David thing means anything.

Actually, I've noticed that on Decisions, Decisions, the extra characters always seem to collect the things I need to make the Daylight vaccine for me. I think it was the P-Base, or V-Poison or something, down below, with the train tracks. I've only gotten that on my own once, if even that, otherwise I'm lazy and usually let David do it for me. Razz

I wonder how Daylight is any different from WilPharma's vaccine. Why are there two? Are they different?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

You know, I think I remember something about that too. I also recall reading a diary or note, File, from Dario Rosso, of RE3 fame in the Apple Inn. Of course, I think there was a typo in which it was spelled Losso.
The name being Losso is more of a mistranslation than a typo, as L and R are often similar in Japanese language. Something like that, anyway.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Actually, I've noticed that on Decisions, Decisions, the extra characters always seem to collect the things I need to make the Daylight vaccine for me. I think it was the P-Base, or V-Poison or something, down below, with the train tracks. I've only gotten that on my own once, if even that, otherwise I'm lazy and usually let David do it for me. Razz
David sure knows how to get the job done Very Happy

Spike Reaver wrote:
I wonder how Daylight is any different from WilPharma's vaccine. Why are there two? Are they different?
Wasn't the Daylight sample they used like the only sample there was? That would mean WilPharma had to create a completely new vaccine from scratch.

Oh yeah, and then there was the vaccine Jill got when she was infected by Nemesis. To top that, there's also the AT1521 that got destroyed by T-0400TP and DEVIL that was used to cure Sherry from the G-virus infection. Boy oh boy, they sure went out of their way to create a bunch of vaccines.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The name being Losso is more of a mistranslation than a typo, as L and R are often similar in Japanese language. Something like that, anyway.

Yeah that's what I mean. Neutral

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
David sure knows how to get the job done Very Happy

Damn straight! I guess he doesn't mind. Beats cealing toilets all day. Smile

Mass Distraction wrote:
Wasn't the Daylight sample they used like the only sample there was? That would mean WilPharma had to create a completely new vaccine from scratch.

Oh yeah, and then there was the vaccine Jill got when she was infected by Nemesis. To top that, there's also the AT1521 that got destroyed by T-0400TP and DEVIL that was used to cure Sherry from the G-virus infection. Boy oh boy, they sure went out of their way to create a bunch of vaccines.

Ah yeah, I guess Daylight wasn't exactly well known. It was made by that Peter Jenkins guy, which is why George is such a significant player in that Scenario. And Yoko, with her knowing Greg, or rather, the other way around. I do wish they'd let us know where Yoko fits in. I do recall her testifying against Umbrella though, at the end of File#2.

And there are far too many T-vaccines. I don't understand how they had that one in RE3. Probably my least favourite. I mean, Jill was infectd by Nemesis on what? Late on the 28th, early 29th. But Carlos apparently didn't do anything for the 30th, until the 1st of the next month, him and Nemesis apparently let bigons be bigons, and put the cat and mouse game on hold.

Then I wonder how Carlos knew what to do at Raccoon Hospital. IDK, I just didn't like the way that all came about. Didn't Frederick Downing actually make the T-vaccine from Degen? Kind of weird. That guy was a puss in boots. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 5:55 am

I do wonder if the AT1521 Linda and Carter were carrying is the same as the vaccine located in Reccoon Hospital. They never told the name of that, right? That would at least narrow the amount down by one.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:22 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I do wonder if the AT1521 Linda and Carter were carrying is the same as the vaccine located in Reccoon Hospital.

There was a vaccine in Reccoon Hospital too?

I get the feeling the AT1521 was made at that particular facility.

Where did that name come from anyway, AT1521?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 3:40 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I do wonder if the AT1521 Linda and Carter were carrying is the same as the vaccine located in Reccoon Hospital.

Well, yes. You know, the one Carlos got from there for Jill?

I have no idea where the name comes from, I guess it's just a production number or something. In any case it's the sample those scientists were carrying before their tyrant went nuts in Outbreak File#2. The name's there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Well, yes. You know, the one Carlos got from there for Jill?

I have no idea where the name comes from, I guess it's just a production number or something. In any case it's the sample those scientists were carrying before their tyrant went nuts in Outbreak File#2. The name's there somewhere.

Well Carlos got his from Raccoon Hospital, not Reccoon Hospital. Wink

Anywho, I meant, where did you get the name for it? Like was it in a document, or?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 4:01 am

I thought this was something interesting to note. If you go to the Below Freezing Point chapter with a team that does not include Yoko you will encounter her as a zombie in the big security room. Not sure if you are able to save her or not, I never seem to get there in time. Another such scenario is End of the Road in File#2 where there is a trick to see David as a zombie. For some reason it seems that the characters most relevant to the chapter can be found as zombies if they are not in your team.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Anywho, I meant, where did you get the name for it? Like was it in a document, or?
It's been forever since I played the game, I have no idea. I just searched the name for the vaccine online and that's what came up.

While on the topic of Outbreak I realized that there was one more vaccine out there. The Anti-Virus pills.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:31 pm

Cindy - Outbreak
Yoko - Below Freezing Point
George - The Hive
David - Hellfire (I just say that because there's tons of bathrooms all over the damn place lol)
Yoko - Decisions Decisions
Mark - Wild Things
Jim - Underbelly
Alyssa - Flashback
Kevin - Desperate Times
ALL - End of The Road (I'm still having trouble seeing how David becoming a zombie has any significance towards any of them.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Outbreak Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Outbreak   The Outbreak Empty

Back to top Go down

The Outbreak
Page 1 of 1