Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 1.5

Go down 
+5
Outbreakgirl
Mass Distraction
DXP
Valentine Fan
ChrisSherry
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm sorry, but the Zombie sounded completely lame lol it makes me laugh. I'm glad RE2 turned out the way it did, and that we got Claire and Sherry!
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Its always interesting to see these Alpha and Beta versions of games. Overall though, I'm happy with the RE2 that we got. Maybe its because 1.5 wasn't completely done yet, but I feel like the storyline in RE2 was better than what they came up with originally.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 12:20 am

I knew someone would post about this eventually =P its a lot different to final 2 hence why it was scrapped 80% into production.

Character wise everyone was different from the final version of 2, Leon wasn't some rookie cop on his first day on the job like in final 2 in 1.5 he had being working in the RPD for a week before Raccoon City went to hell, his support cast was Marvin who survived all the way to the end of the game unlike he does in final 2 and Linda who would become Ada Wong in the final game who in 1.5 was just an umbrella researcher.

The biggest change was no Claire Redfield it was Elza Walker and her support cast was Sherry and John who would become Robert Kendo in final 2 and again survived longer than his 2 counterpart, and to add to the bizarreness Chief Irons was a good guy who would take the wounded officer role that Marvin would get lumped with in final 2, Annette Birkin was also more helpful and is even seen on the train at the end escaping with the other survivors and Williams transformation may have being accidental rather than deliberate like it was in final 2.

Location wise the RPD was built more to resemble a modern police station unlike the renovated art museum the final RPD became, the sewers were apparently bigger and different from final 2 pretty much the only thing that is remotely the same in RE2 final is the lab everything else is different.

Enemy wise that's where it gets interesting, we have more zombies in rooms due to reduced poly counts, spiders that scuttle through air ducts, man spiders that break out of the ground, gorillas and baboons jumping around oh not to mention the big alligator and the baby ones you encounter in the sewers =P.

There was also an armour system implemented so you could equip them to reduce damage from enemies, your characters clothing would also get bloody as they got bitten/attacked or shot an enemy up close the faces also bruised.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:34 am

ChrisSherry wrote:
I'm sorry, but the Zombie sounded completely lame lol it makes me laugh.
There's actually one zombie in RE2 that has the most pathetic voice ever. I've always laughed at that one with a friend of mine. It's the zombie found in the corner where the stairs start near the darkroom.

DXP wrote:
I knew someone would post about this eventually =P
I'm quite sure we have a thread or two about this already. Can't be bothered to find them, though, as they're pretty much buried under everything else.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 6:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:
There's actually one zombie in RE2 that has the most pathetic voice ever. I've always laughed at that one with a friend of mine. It's the zombie found in the corner where the stairs start near the darkroom.

DXP wrote:
I knew someone would post about this eventually =P
I'm quite sure we have a thread or two about this already. Can't be bothered to find them, though, as they're pretty much buried under everything else.

Yeah, we probably do. But those Zombie voice-overs had to be talked about again. It's just to funny lol

@DXP, Thanks for all the info Smile

@Valentine Fan, I agree Smile
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:19 am

I think that if they went with the original cut instead of almost scraping it, RE2 would have been a more interesting game...i'm just saying.

I love the part where the crows exploding by shotgun Laughing
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:08 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ChrisSherry wrote:

Ah didn't know that >.< thanks for the info. Quick heads up as well if you watch Leon's fmv at the start of RE2 when the first zombie appears(the one who puts his hand on the wall) it makes a 1.5 zombie moan.

ChrisSherry wrote:

@DXP, Thanks for all the info Smile

@Valentine Fan, I agree Smile

No worries btw that's just a fraction of info there is tons more I could type up >.<

Outbreakgirl wrote:
I think that if they went with the original cut instead of almost scraping it, RE2 would have been a more interesting game...i'm just saying.

I love the part where the crows exploding by shotgun Laughing

Capcom themselves also said it played more like the first RE and that it was more action based which makes me think of Dino Crisis 2 tbh, and that is why it was scrapped 80% in.
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:20 am

I like this one better IMHO. This looked more interesting and creepy than the final version. Although, we wouldn't have gotten Claire so I guess it's a bittersweet moment in RE.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:31 am

I wonder... would Allison Court have played the voice of Elza Walker seeing as she was swapped out for Claire Redfield?

Also I love the music and laughed at Birkin and the way he said 'Sherry'. Plus he looks creepier there in my opinion. Like a giant gorilla that was eaten alive. Hey I just an Outbreak File#2 flash with the zoo!
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 am

Jill Sandwich wrote:
I like this one better IMHO. This looked more interesting and creepy than the final version. Although, we wouldn't have gotten Claire so I guess it's a bittersweet moment in RE.

The only reason she even exists is because they wanted the female protagonist to be related to one of the cast from RE1 otherwise I have a feeling Elza would still exist =P so yeah bittersweet indeed.

Quote :
I wonder... would Allison Court have played the voice of Elza Walker seeing as she was swapped out for Claire Redfield?

Also I love the music and laughed at Birkin and the way he said 'Sherry'. Plus he looks creepier there in my opinion. Like a giant gorilla that was eaten alive. Hey I just an Outbreak File#2 flash with the zoo!

A few people within the RE community confirmed that she didn't voice Elza it was someone else and yeah they did get in contact with her to confirm it. Birkin himself was to be more reptilian based than his final RE2 version.
Back to top Go down
DeadlyGenetics
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
DeadlyGenetics

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 am

DXP wrote:

Quote :

A few people within the RE community confirmed that she didn't voice Elza it was someone else and yeah they did get in contact with her to confirm it. Birkin himself was to be more reptilian based than his final RE2 version.

I know, I said I wonder if she would have. Since she's played Claire in every one of her appearances I can't imagine her as the voice of Elza Walker instead.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 10:52 am

DeadlyGenetics wrote:

I know, I said I wonder if she would have. Since she's played Claire in every one of her appearances I can't imagine her as the voice of Elza Walker instead.

Ah I get ya now yeah it would be weird if she was the VA for Elza throughout the entire RE franchise if Claire hadn't being created Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 5:41 pm

DXP wrote:
Capcom themselves also said it played more like the first RE and that it was more action based which makes me think of Dino Crisis 2 tbh, and that is why it was scrapped 80% in.

I suppose. Strange enough, it didn't look scary even with the zombies in it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 3:23 am

Outbreakgirl wrote:
Strange enough, it didn't look scary even with the zombies in it.
If this was still 1998 and we were still kids believe me, they would.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Outbreakgirl wrote:

I suppose. Strange enough, it didn't look scary even with the zombies in it.

The ones in the sewer sounded a lot creepy than the ones we got in the final, Like Mass said give us this game when we were younger and things like that would scare the crap out of you.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 5:05 pm

I also heard than Leon and Eliza's paths never crossed. Another reason to be happy that 2 exists.
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Nobudy wrote:
I also heard than Leon and Eliza's paths never crossed. Another reason to be happy that 2 exists.

Oh wow, that would have sucked. Thank God for the RE2.
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 8:51 pm

ChrisSherry wrote:

I'm sorry, but the Zombie sounded completely lame lol it makes me laugh. I'm glad RE2 turned out the way it did, and that we got Claire and Sherry!

Yeah I completely agree.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 12:42 am

Nobudy wrote:

It's true that Elza and Leon never met but their support characters met each other for example Elza met Marvin in the Factory:
Resident Evil 1.5 4bejb
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 am

I'm glad we got somthing else.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:06 am

DXP wrote:

The ones in the sewer sounded a lot creepy than the ones we got in the final, Like Mass said give us this game when we were younger and things like that would scare the crap out of you.

Good point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Resident Evil 1.5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 1.5   Resident Evil 1.5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 1.5
Page 1 of 1