Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident evil books

Go down 
+13
Spike991
doctorstrangesf
Progenitor
Alice Clone 6
DXP
ozzman
Gowdy
RebelliousQueen
Outbreakgirl
DivideByZero
Mass Distraction
Valentine Fan
SWITCHMYND
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Alice Clone 6
Cerberus
Cerberus
Alice Clone 6

Resident evil books - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:09 am

Thanks, I will check them out at the book store.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:12 am

Alice Clone 6 wrote:
If they are going into books, they need more characters. Yes, from time to time I have read a Star Trek book. I know, lame. But, there is only one main character Alice and only in one era with Alice. They need more character equal to Alice to make it last say 20 or 30 years. And I do not see that going to happen.

Resident evil books - Page 3 51fzR-bfs5L._SL500_SS500_

^ Missing "Zero Hour"- Features Billy and Rebecca

(From right to left)

"The Umbrella Conspiracy"- Features Wesker, Jill, Chris, Barry, & Rebecca
"Caliban Cove"- Features Rebecca
"City of the Dead" Features Leon, Claire, and Sherry
"Underworld"- Features Rebecca, Leon, and Claire
"Nemesis": Features Jill and Carlos
"Code Veronica"- Features Claire, Steve, Chris & Wesker

Alice Clone 6 wrote:
Thanks, I will check them out at the book store.

Good to hear, I hope you enjoy them! Very Happy

Last edited by Valentine Fan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am

Valentine Fan wrote:
"The Umbrella Conspiracy"- Features Wesker, Jill, Chris, and Barry
Don't forget Rebecca!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:47 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Valentine Fan wrote:
"The Umbrella Conspiracy"- Features Wesker, Jill, Chris, and Barry
Don't forget Rebecca!

*Realizes mistakes and feels sad*

How could I forget one of my favorite characters? Sad

Post fixed by the way
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Umbrella Conspiracy is really odd...now i'm compelled to go to the next book
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 6:57 pm

Outbreakgirl wrote:
Umbrella Conspiracy is really odd...now i'm compelled to go to the next book

How is it odd? If I may ask
Back to top Go down
SWITCHMYND
Hunter
Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:43 pm

September needs to hurry up so I can get all the other books.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 3:31 am

**SPOILERS BELOW**

I actually looked through my collection of the books yesterday, I have all of them and the novelization of the first movie (Genesis) because I was trying to be open minded but still did get to Chapter 2. But I laughed out loud when I remembered how angry I got when I was reading Caliban Cove and one of the BOW's was zombies that acted as a unit (small hivemind) and used guns. "ZOMBIES DON'T USE GUNS, THAT'S NOT RESIDENT EVIL" I used to cry, as now I go upstairs to play RE6...Oh how times have changed. CC was pretty good though, who doesn't enjoy a Rebecca adventure?

Also in the first one, I thought Chris's eagle was hilarious/cool/kinda.
Back to top Go down
doctorstrangesf
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
doctorstrangesf

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 am

Progenitor wrote:
**SPOILERS BELOW**

I actually looked through my collection of the books yesterday, I have all of them and the novelization of the first movie (Genesis) because I was trying to be open minded but still did get to Chapter 2. But I laughed out loud when I remembered how angry I got when I was reading Caliban Cove and one of the BOW's was zombies that acted as a unit (small hivemind) and used guns. "ZOMBIES DON'T USE GUNS, THAT'S NOT RESIDENT EVIL" I used to cry, as now I go upstairs to play RE6...Oh how times have changed. CC was pretty good though, who doesn't enjoy a Rebecca adventure?

I totally get you on that. I used to skip reading Caliban Cove whenever I re-read the series because the idea of zombies using M16's was so infuriating to me. If only I'd known haha.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 6:40 pm

doctorstrangesf wrote:
Progenitor wrote:
**SPOILERS BELOW**

I totally get you on that. I used to skip reading Caliban Cove whenever I re-read the series because the idea of zombies using M16's was so infuriating to me. If only I'd known haha.

Just goes to show how theyve been trying to impliment enemies like that for awhile, games, movies or books...

Course I prefer regular zombies. Ganados are cool too, especially they arent using firearms.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:57 am

i heard Caliban Cove wasnt very good, can anyone confirm or deny?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:52 am

Incompetent Barry wrote:
Personal opinion? I loved it. Especially because it was an original story starring Rebecca.
Back to top Go down
Progenitor
Cerberus
Cerberus
Progenitor

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm

It's sad that the books give Rebecca the spotlight I believe she deserves, but the games are RE1, 0, and rehashs.

She's in Zero Hour, Umbrella Conspiracy, Caliban Cove, and Underworld.

One aspect I liked about the books were the other branches of S.T.A.R.S.
But I guess the games kind of equated that with other branches of B.S.A.A.

I always thought it would be really cool (never going to happen and others might not be interested) if there were a handheld game or DLC chapters or something but it shows the S.T.A.R.S. going on missions before the mansion. You could play as Alpha or Bravo. I just think it'd be awesome because I miss S.T.A.R.S. man. And we all know Nemesis is always like STELLLLAAA for them too. Me and Nemesis vote to bring (flash)back S.T.A.R.S.! I hope there'd be a scene where Wesker wishes her luck at the basketball game. Oh Wesker, you dog.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:02 am

I had forgotten about hale's news about the reprint and when I went to a site I usually order my books from... whaddya know, recently published RE books on sale.

Ordered Underworld but sadly they don't seem to have City of the Dead which I am also missing. Should propably check eBay for that.

Interesting, though. Underworld was only 8.10€ while CV and Zero Hour were 24.20€. On top of that, Nemesis was 26€. Those were the only ones they have in English, apparently.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 11:39 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Incompetent Barry wrote:
Personal opinion? I loved it. Especially because it was an original story starring Rebecca.

Yeah it was pretty nice. As you know I'm not much into books, but I enjoyed it, so...

The zombies with AK's reminded me of RE5 Base majini.

I liked Underworld most though, as an orginal and just in general.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 am

Well, turns out I was dicked over. City of the Dead was there. I only happened to search with the name "Resident Evil" and they were selling it with just the subtitle. Now they sent me Underworld and I won't be reading that before I get that damn book I'm missing in between.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:53 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Well, turns out I was dicked over. City of the Dead was there. I only happened to search with the name "Resident Evil" and they were selling it with just the subtitle. Now they sent me Underworld and I won't be reading that before I get that damn book I'm missing in between.

Don't those Douche Canoe's know anything about the Dewey Decimal System?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:34 pm

What I want to say here is that I'm a bit let down by the fact that the reprints changed the original painted covers to pictures from the games, mainly Chronicles and ORC. They also changed the size of the books a bit so I can't fulfill my OCD needs with a book series that doesn't match up on the shelf. All of this is understandable, though, as the new prints are from a different publisher and they propably didn't have a permission to use the original covers.

For people who want to add more things to their all-encompassing Resident Evil collection, there's a new movie novelization! It's Resident Evil Retribution, written by John Shirley. It does make you wonder, though: What happened to a novelization of Afterlife?

Am I the only one who wants continuation to this book series? Why is S.D. Perry not writing them anymore? Does anyone have a clue? Hell, I would take her novelization of any of the possible canons stemming from the last book, like Gaiden or the radio dramas depicting what happened to Ada and Sherry, some of the citizens on Raccoon or that small village outside of Raccoon. And since they are reprinting the novels anyway, why aren't they translating those three Japanese ones that continued the novel series, Rose Blank and To the Liberty or the completely unrelated one, The Beast of the Northern Seas? I have so many questions!

As a last note I'd like to say that THIS is how the movies should've been done! By a person who actually knows and cares about the games! When reading Perry's novels you can clearly see that she knows what she is writing about, even depicting the sound effects as we know them from the games. Seriously, if they ever reboot the movies, base them on the novels. That way they will be slightly different and still stick to the actual story.

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Don't those Douche Canoe's know anything about the Dewey Decimal System?

Not sure if book stores use that as much as libraries.

Well, at least I don't have to buy that one from eBay. Seems to be only 8.20€ anyway. Still pisses me off though.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 3:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Bumping the thread.

What I want to say here is that I'm a bit let down by the fact that the reprints changed the original painted covers to pictures from the games, mainly Chronicles and ORC. They also changed the size of the books a bit so I can't fulfill my OCD needs with a book series that doesn't match up on the shelf. All of this is understandable, though, as the new prints are from a different publisher and they propably didn't have a permission to use the original covers.

Mass, No Double-Posting! You should no better.

Wait, you mean the European version or what?

All of my copies have the original covers.

Quote :
As a last note I'd like to say that THIS is how the movies should've been done! By a person who actually knows and cares about the games! When reading Perry's novels you can clearly see that she knows what she is writing about, even depicting the sound effects as we know them from the games. Seriously, if they ever reboot the movies, base them on the novels. That way they will be slightly different and still stick to the actual story.

Miss Perry, while thinks all men are pigs, does in fact know RE pretty well, you can tell when you read her work. I was able to visualize the entire mansion when I was reading Umbrella Conspiracy, it was quite nice.

I think one reason she hasn't continued, is because of how the story has in the games has kept changing. I mean, Zero Hour was the last novel written, and chronilogically Code Veronica was the final novel, and if you haven't read it, it goes over CV, not CVX, so it doesn't have all of the stuff added in the rerelease. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:02 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
Mass, No Double-Posting! You should no better.

Wait, you mean the European version or what?

All of my copies have the original covers.
My previous post was from like... 2 months ago Very Happy That's why I said I was bumping the thread Razz

No no, I mean the re-release that Titan Books started sometime in December. I still have Zero Hour, Umbrella Conspiracy and Caliban Cove with the original covers from Pocket Books. The original ones haven't been available for a long time and when they still sold them I only managed to get the three of 'em. Still, it's good that they are printing them again so at least I can get the rest. Only missing Nemesis and Code: Veronica. Which brings me to this...

SpikeCloud wrote:
I think one reason she hasn't continued, is because of how the story has in the games has kept changing. I mean, Zero Hour was the last novel written, and chronilogically Code Veronica was the final novel, and if you haven't read it, it goes over CV, not CVX, so it doesn't have all of the stuff added in the rerelease. Just a thought.
I can see that being the case but that's why I said I would gladly see her write even if it was about the alternate timelines, like Gaiden or the audio books I mentioned. I really enjoy her work but I'm not into reading Star Trek books or anything.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 4:40 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I can see that being the case but that's why I said I would gladly see her write even if it was about the alternate timelines, like Gaiden or the audio books I mentioned. I really enjoy her work but I'm not into reading Star Trek books or anything.

At the same time, I kind of don't see why that would even matter though. I mean, obviously her novels are in a different universe, and even if you read Caliban Cove and Underworld, she managed to do some of her own stuff. I'm sure there'd be a bunch of people interested in where she'd take the RE novles after Code Veronica, whether she continued with RE4, or even one of the side story games; Survivor, Dead Aim, etc. I know I would.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:06 am

Finally getting my hands on a copy of Archives Vol 1. It only took me 3 years but I got there in the end although on the downside I had to buy the bundle which is also has the second book, which I already have. Was cheaper to buy both in a bundle than buying the first one.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 6:35 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Finally getting my hands on a copy of Archives Vol 1. It only took me 3 years but I got there in the end although on the downside I had to buy the bundle which is also has the second book, which I already have. Was cheaper to buy both in a bundle than buying the first one.

Nice. Kinda sucks you have to get both, but hey, it's better to have a second copy of Archives II than no copy of Archives II.

What are you going to do with it anyway Barber?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 7:11 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:

Nice. Kinda sucks you have to get both, but hey, it's better to have a second copy of Archives II than no copy of Archives II.

What are you going to do with it anyway Barber?

The other copy? Nothing really probably sell it on eBay eventually.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 4:47 pm

I those this book series was near close to perfect. I was suprised how well Perry brings you in with the details. Read every single book. Everytime I read one I feel the urge to play back through the game. I was skeptical when I read the first one, but after I finished it only took me a few months to finish the entire series!

Oh, and you can buy the entire series through the iTunes bookstore now!
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil books   Resident evil books - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident evil books
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next