HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?

Go down 
+26
kevdliu
White Rock
Outbreakgirl
Prince of Judah
leon248
SepticTank
00biohazard
FullMetalWesker
RaviorStygian
chrisredfielmusculo
RebelliousQueen
ThomVD
lyfesArcanum
jdog110997
Ghost Leader
The CG
TeRoR KiD
Mass Distraction
Methsia
Jill Sandwich
WESKER2893
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
Sargent D
NiteKrawler
Monster Mash
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:35 am

Only decent characters in RE5 to me were Sheva, Excella, and Irving. Irving was fun. And of course the old characters.
Back to top Go down
FullMetalWesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
FullMetalWesker

Playstation Network FullMetlWesker

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 11:53 am

Forgot about Irving, He was rather decent as well, although he seemed like Salazar 2.0 (even the transformation looked similar)

Also, you seemed to have mentioned every notable new character except Josh. Why's that? What makes him worse then, say, Excella?
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:25 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Only decent characters in RE5 to me were Sheva, Excella, and Irving. Irving was fun. And of course the old characters.
Hell yeah, loved Irving. Thought he was the perfect crazed terrorist
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:06 pm

FullMetalWesker wrote:
Forgot about Irving, He was rather decent as well, although he seemed like Salazar 2.0 (even the transformation looked similar)

Also, you seemed to have mentioned every notable new character except Josh. Why's that? What makes him worse then, say, Excella?

Excella was more interesting. I dunno, I just didn't like josh, very forgettable. Its like WHOA REMEMBER THE CRAZY SCIENTIST GUY IN RE5?!! yeah Irving! Remember that hot evil chick who controlled tricell, Excella? YEAH SHE WAS AWESOME!! remember Josh Stone? uuuh...he was the black guy right?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Irving is a business man with standards.

Excella is a secretive bitch that everyone has the mutual hate, and wants to work together to bring her down.

Josh is a guy who opens doors and drives boats to tell you to open doors.
Back to top Go down
Monster Mash
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Monster Mash

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:37 pm

I never found Irving or Excella to be that interesting, at least in the way that they were portrayed. Irving just struck as the stereotypical made scientist who was so over the top in his behavior that it was hard to find him threatening at all (although you do see how evil he is when you read that one journal). Excella was the "seductive evil Bond girl with East European accent who loves the main antagonist despite him having no feelings for her." Everything about her seemed so cliched.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 am

Come on! Irving was awesome.

"Youse two are just in time for the firework show, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!"
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 am

I thought Irving was golden.

Very Happy Had a good laugh AT him AND with him. Pahah.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:07 am

"I'm a business man with staaandahds."
Back to top Go down
FullMetalWesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
FullMetalWesker

Playstation Network FullMetlWesker

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:59 pm

00biohazard wrote:
FullMetalWesker wrote:

Excella was more interesting. I dunno, I just didn't like josh, very forgettable. Its like WHOA REMEMBER THE CRAZY SCIENTIST GUY IN RE5?!! yeah Irving! Remember that hot evil chick who controlled tricell, Excella? YEAH SHE WAS AWESOME!! remember Josh Stone? uuuh...he was the black guy right?

Well, I suppose it's because, when it comes down to it, Josh didn't really do a whole lot. He showed up, what, three times? Each time to help Chris and Sheva and then disappeared for the entire game. And the second two times it was really just "oh and here's Josh to help you" unlike Excella and Irving who were the main antogonist for the majority of the game so really, it's hard to remember someone if he doesn't really do a whole lot. Hell, the only reasons I remember him are prob because of Desperate Escape and Mercs Reunion *shrugs* Oh well, I still liked him more then most of the other characters (barring Irving and Wesker)
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 4:24 pm

I hope Sheva and Josh return in future games just to make them feel more important. Especially Sheva. I mean, she's one of the characters who killed Wesker.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:01 pm

I want Sheva and Chris partnered up in one more game! I must be the only one, but I want it!
Back to top Go down
SepticTank
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:56 pm

you probably are the only one. I want jill and claire teamed up. Does it always have to be 1 guy and 1 girl?

As far as josh goes, i honestly had no idea who he was even after beating the game a couple times. Then they released mercs reunion and desperate escape, after which i asked my friend "who the hell is this guy." He filled me in on the details.

Now how do i think of him? He's just another mercs character i can choose from lol. He didn't get enough time in the storyline to make me think of him as a real resident evil character. nicholai from re3 made more of an impact on me than josh did, and nicholai was an actual mercenary.

But one thing does stay with me from josh.

"I AM A LEGEND"
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 8:04 am

SepticTank wrote:
Does it always have to be 1 guy and 1 girl?
Nope. Quint and Keith teamed up in Revelations (the first male/male team) and Chris will team up with Piers once again in RE6 (the first time being in a manga).
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
leon248
Cerberus
Cerberus
leon248

Playstation Network darksonic24

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 9:44 am

Josh.....stone? No I can less
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
SepticTank wrote:
Nope. Quint and Keith teamed up in Revelations (the first male/male team) and Chris will team up with Piers once again in RE6 (the first time being in a manga).
There's a manga and it's canon?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 03, 2012 5:11 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
SepticTank wrote:
There's a manga and it's canon?
There's actually a couple of canon manga and comic installments. I can throw you a list of the ones I know once I find it.

EDIT: Found 'em. The one Piers appears in (alongside Chris) is called Biohazard: Marhawa Desire. Then there's Biohazard: Umbrella Chronicles, a manga that takes place just before the invasion of the Russian Umbrella facility. On the American side, there's Resident Evil by Marvel Comics (supplied with the pre-orders of the original game, provides backstory) and Resident Evil by Ricardo Sanchez (a comic that features new BSAA members). Yes, both of them are just called Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Prince of Judah
Cerberus
Cerberus
Prince of Judah

Steam : BigYehudah

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 12:24 am

Mercy wrote:

Excella is a secretive bitch that everyone has the mutual hate, and wants to work together to bring her down.

Superb analysis Razz
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 am

Prince of Judah wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Superb analysis Razz
Thank you, I was rather proud of that myself.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 8:22 pm

Seriously, who the frig remembers Josh?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 8:47 am

Outbreakgirl wrote:
I do. Thanks to the DLC, mostly, because he had his own mission with Jill.
Back to top Go down
Outbreakgirl
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Outbreakgirl

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:39 am

RaviorStygian wrote:

Huh, I don't play DE as often as I should =/
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 9:59 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Outbreakgirl wrote:
I actually saw that as more of Jill's thing.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:20 am

Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Outbreakgirl wrote:
I actually saw that as more of Jill's thing.
It is, but Josh is still a major character in the mission.

Jill and Josh are like the counterpart team to Chris and Sheva.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 1:49 am

He was a far more helpful NPC than most. Then they made him playable and he's fun to play as.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?   Does anyone here care about Josh Stone? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here care about Josh Stone?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion-
Jump to: