Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your favourite series (not RE)?

Go down 
+15
The CG
chrisredfield84
VoyageTreader08
RE Psycho
Sargent D
chocotricks
Billy Coen
Ylwizaker
Mass Distraction
Methsia
DXP
ThomVD
Vandal
Jill Sandwich
Martin85
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Martin85
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Martin85

Your favourite series (not RE)? Empty
PostSubject: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 8:44 pm

My favourite 'series' of all-time is Shenmue for Dreamcast (yes, I like it better than Resident Evil, sorry!). Only two games, technically one in my eyes. Ground-breaking game, way ahead of it's time. You can get the second one for the original Xbox, as well. I'd recommend getting both on Dreamcast if you're so inclined to have the best experience, but there's nothing wrong with Shenmue II on Xbox. Until you put it in a 360. The cool camera filter and snapshot features no longer work, and the game is prone to hilarious glitches. You'll bother someone in the street, they'll turn around to talk to you and they'll have no face. Only floating eyeballs and teeth. It's a great experience for a Shenmue veteran, as you can get through the game (it doesn't really crash, there's just glitches). I wouldn't recommend playing it that way for the first time, though.

Famed as the most expensive game ever made at the time (I'm sure it's been beaten now), it cost SEGA a fortune. Yu Suzuki's Shenmue! Amazing graphics for the time. This came out in Japan in 1999. Incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=eN9s32RZbWw < I'm not allowed to post external links, yet.

That's 'Shenmue: The Movie', which is basically footage from the game, which is all real-time, all strung together to give the story across. Playing the game is much, much better. There's a whole ton of stuf missing from the movie. It's just the bare bones of the storyline. There's lots of branching paths and choices, and the graphics are simply incredible for a turn of the century game. In my opinion, the attention-to-detail has yet to be matched for urban environments. Graphics have surpassed this of course (though it took years), the art direction in the game is great. Everything has such unique detail. Every single location. The interiors aren't just lavishly-decorated, there's nothing uniform about them. They look lived-in. Needless to say, I bummed this game back in the day.

Playing the game is ,basically like being in one of this cheesy kung fu movies, and that's why I love it so much. Ryo is so stoic and boring. He's even blatantly offered some real tasty pussy in Shenmue II, and gallantly turns it down. What a fool. Anyway, much of the game is spent walking around town asking strangers questions about your latest leads. There are QTEs, and some fights. The fights play out like Virtua Fighter, simplified, but on a 3D place and with multiple foes. Shenmue I is a very slow game. There's lots of OCD collicting things to do (you can even get SEGA Saturn games), play in the arcade on genuine 80s SEGA arcade machines. Oh yeah, it's set in 1986 Japan. The sequel, Shenmue II, has a lot more fighting. The pace picks up considerably, as Ryo's journey takes him to Hong Kong.

What are your favourites games or series outside of Resident Evil?
Back to top Go down
Jill Sandwich
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Jill Sandwich

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:05 pm

Wow you like Shenmue too! I've played and beaten both as well. Both are such unique and interesting games. You're right, 1 started out slow but it was still enjoyable. The second one did pick up the pace a lot and was awesome, especially when you start hanging out with Ren and his gang. What really made the games fun for me was the voice acting. It was so cheesy and bad, yet funny. The only thing I wished Shenmue 1/2 did was explore the surroundings more thoroughly (for example, going into all buildings, play different games, etc). I always thought it was such an underrated series. Too bad 3 was never released. Anyway, my favorite series other than RE(even though it's my all-time), is Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptySun Apr 22, 2012 10:48 pm

I like Dead Space and Gears of War. The Batman Arkham series also rather amazing. I stopped buying Zelda games since Twilight Princess unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:25 am

Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy, Chrono, Kingdom Hearts, Ninja Gaiden and Metroid.
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:33 am

Prepare for a big list:

*Final Fantasy
*Silent Hill
*Persona
*DOOM
*Duke Nukem
*Wolfenstein
*Syphon Filter
*Amnesia the dark descent
*Bioshock
*Alone in the dark
*Hotel Dusk Room 215 and its sequel Last window
*Another Code
*999 (9 hours 9 persons 9 doors)
*Broken Sword
*Mass Effect
*Dead Space
*Shenmue
*Devil May Cry (1-3)
*Twisted Metal
*Destruction Derby
*Streets of rage
*Golden Axe
*Sonic(The old ones up to Sonic and knuckles)

There are a ton more that's just a small selection that I can remember off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:28 am

Hmm. I believe Mass already made this type of thread.

I think.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 4:14 am

Yes. Yes I did. For the love of God people, use the search. If you have lists, throw them [here]. Let's keep this as a thread for THE favorite series. You can see my list [here]. Not going to write all that again.

As for a favorite after RE, I'd have to say Disgaea. I got interested in tactical roleplaying games after I found a ROM of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (it was also the first FF game I ever played). I loved the game, managed to screw up my saves once, got back to where I was and the laptop I had back then died. Talk about bad luck. After losing all the progress I didn't want to start the game all over again and ordered FFVII to have more FF to play (and it had been said to be the best in the series). Good thing I did as FFVII has been my favorite Final Fantasy game ever since. That series stuck with me too and it's currently my third favorite. Anyway, back to Disgaea. Although I loved FFVII I still had a craving for an SRPG. I liked the way you could build troops out of job classes and pretty much all the customization you could do. That didn't happen until I saw a review of Disgaea 2 on a gaming show called Tilt. That game caught my attention with it's humor and ridiculous plot but most of all because it reminded me of Tactics. I rushed to a hardware store where my broter used to work and found one copy of Disgaea 2 tucked away behind all the other games. It was like a dream come true. I bought it and, well, let's just say that it is currently one of my most played games, only to be rivaled by my old Pokémon games. Axel the Dark Hero is still my favorite video game character. During my senior years in highschool I met a guy who also happened to like those kinds of games and he suggested I'd get the original Disgaea game too. Currently I have Disgaea 1-3, X-Edge, Prinny: Can I be the Hero? (ROM) and all the three volumes of manga that were released. I almost got the rare fourth one but missed my chance :/ I do love NIS games in general, as I even went and bought Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, which is pretty rare at the moment. Not as good as Disgaea but still really fun with a totally different gameplay.

Wow, that story was longer than I expected.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ylwizaker
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Ylwizaker

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:55 pm

Outside of RE? Dang...

Maybe Quake (especially 2 and 3).
I'm also a sucker for childhood games like Mario, Sonic, Harvest Moon etc... Smile
Back to top Go down
Billy Coen
Cerberus
Cerberus
Billy Coen

Playstation Network striderhiyru91

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:15 am

Final fight, Time Crisis, Metal Slug, KoF, Castlevania, Silent HIll, F-Zero, Fire emblem, Grandia, metal gear solid, crash bandicoot, sonic, and megaman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000424568896&sk=in
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:44 am

Good question hmmmmm

Sonic
Megaman
DMC
Zelda
Final Fantasy
Guitar hero

I used to play a PC game called GunZ the Duel some of you may have heard of it. I used to play that ALOT years ago like over 700 hours played anyway I pick that up everynow and again like twice a year for a week or so
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
For the love of God people, use the search.
Yes, but they are new so they don't know. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Sargent D wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
For the love of God people, use the search.
Yes, but they are new so they don't know. Laughing
That thing is there for a reason D:

Btw. Let's try to keep the lists on the other thread and talk THE favorite series here Smile Sorry if I'm being a total nazi here but it would just make for much more interesting conversation.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Grand Theft Auto

I love the free roaming aspect and being able to cause all kinds of mayhem. The story lines are are topnotch , the voice acting is really good and the soundtracks are incredible. I can spend hours just driving around the map listening to the great music.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:37 pm

Hmm...

Halo!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:55 am

RE Psycho wrote:
Grand Theft Auto

I love the free roaming aspect and being able to cause all kinds of mayhem. The story lines are are topnotch , the voice acting is really good and the soundtracks are incredible. I can spend hours just driving around the map listening to the great music.
It is safe to assume you are getting GTAV? Very Happy I never owned San Andreas myself so I'm totally going to get this one.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 8:18 am

Devil may cry - played only 3 and 4. Started 1 but lost interest for some reason. May be it was the third person shooter games that made me lose interest.
Splinter cell - double agent and conviction. I wanted to replay double agent but lost my console(ps2).Thanks to my parents.
prince of persia - 1 to 3. Excellent games.
I so want a godhand sequel. It was such a great game.

That was my small collection of games. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:23 am

Half-Life (Best FPS)
Mass Effect
GTA
Bioshock
NCAA Football
NBA 2k Series
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Metal Gear Solid (Probably my favorite series ever)
Final Fantasy
Halo
Battlefield
Donkey Kong Country (Killed that when I was kid)
Legend of Zelda
Super Smash Bros.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:35 am

So the creator of Smash Brothers has been talking about getting some Capcom characters into the next iteration of his game. Could we be seeing some Resident Evil characters? If snake was able to make the cut, I don't see why not.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:47 am

Yeah, it was really surprising to see Snake in the last Smash Bros. since MGS has almost always been primarily PlayStation. Seeing an RE character or two wouldn't shock me at all.
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 12:54 pm

Kingdom Hearts, hands down, if I can only post one here.
Back to top Go down
RE Psycho
Cerberus
Cerberus
RE Psycho

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
RE Psycho wrote:
Grand Theft Auto

It is safe to assume you are getting GTAV? Very Happy I never owned San Andreas myself so I'm totally going to get this one.

Your assumption is correct my friend. GTA is the only game i get stoked for, besides RE of course.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:01 pm

lyfesArcanum wrote:

I used to love Kingdom Hearts. Got tired of the spin-offs though.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 pm

The CG wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

Because the third one is taking forever and a year to make.
Back to top Go down
The CG
Zombie
Zombie
The CG

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 4:58 pm

Mercy wrote:
The CG wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

You're telling me. I've played the GBA one with the cards, 365/2 Days, and the Birth By Sleep... Actually, I think that's every spin off. I never finished the BBS though. Beat Terra's campaign and sold it.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Zombie
Zombie
Yoshi

Playstation Network PinkYoshi06 (I think)

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 pm

The CG wrote:
Mercy wrote:
The CG wrote:
lyfesArcanum wrote:

You're telling me. I've played the GBA one with the cards, 365/2 Days, and the Birth By Sleep... Actually, I think that's every spin off. I never finished the BBS though. Beat Terra's campaign and sold it.

I would say Kingdom Hearts as well. I really did like the ending tying together though. And imo Aqua's is the only story worth playing.
Back to top Go down
http://journeyofphoenix06.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your favourite series (not RE)?   Your favourite series (not RE)? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your favourite series (not RE)?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next