Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I have a question..... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I have a question..... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I have a question..... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I have a question..... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I have a question..... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I have a question..... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I have a question..... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I have a question..... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I have a question..... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I have a question.....

Go down 
+4
NiteKrawler
ChickenHeart
00biohazard
S.Winters
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

I have a question..... Empty
PostSubject: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 am

If I'm not deemed useful to the police should I really try for the Army...?

Think I can make it and not get my ass blown up if I go over seas?

I just wanted a little feedback, even from you assholes that don't have anything good to say...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 am

I know a few veterans and they're always complaining about the food there, they say that they would want nothing more than a girl to make them a good meal after a long and hard operation. So I say go for it, them sandwiches aren't going to make themselves.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:17 am

保守的な wrote:
I know a few veterans and they're always complaining about the food there, they say that they would want nothing more than a girl to make them a good meal after a long and hard operation. So I say go for it, them sandwiches aren't going to make themselves.

True dat. Anyway, I say dont go for the army unless your trully willing to die for a cause you believe in. If your in the army, it should either be 100% in or just not in at all. Just dont go beacuse you have nothing better to do. It may be a decision you regret.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:18 am

I'll be helpful I guess. Most police departments at all levels have placed much of their focus on new recruits that have military experience. This makes the training process at times easier since many are already well trained with firearms and can easily adapt to a paramilitary structure. If you do not have military experience(or you're young) you are already at a disadvantge. Also many departments are now requiring 60 college credits or an associates degree. This goes for other state jobs like corrections officers as well. As for joining the Army, this is one of the biggest drawbacks in troops in years. They were taking just about 3 years ago. However now recruitment is stricter and they are letting people out for all kinds of stupid reasons that wouldnt have mattered in like '06. Go to a recruiter and see what they say.

Also: I like turkey,cheese,lettuce,tomato and mayonaise on my sandwiches. Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:20 am

If you really want to join the Army, then I think that's great. We need more people like you to give their lives for the military industrial complex. Without the sacrifices of brave men and women such as your self, the multinational defense contractors, like Boeing, would face a 3% drop in shares. It pleases me to know that you are willing to risk your life fighting foreign wars that we are only in to line the pockets of the military industrial complex. And for this, madam, I salute you.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:26 am

保守的な wrote:
If you really want to join the Army, then I think that's great. We need more people like you to give their lives for the military industrial complex. Without the sacrifices of brave men and women such as your self, the multinational corporations like Boeing would face a 3% drop in shares. It pleases me to know that you are willing to risk your life fighting foreign wars that we are only in to line the pockets of the military industrial complex. And for this, madam, I salute you.

Thanks to the Army I got a sweet state job and I'm getting a free college education. AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 11:30 am

Nah I'm just fucking with you. I was just pretending to be a Democrat/retard/liberal. Don't buy into that stupid left-wing conspiracy theory bullshit. America needs a strong national defense and foreign military bases. We are the world's only superpower for a reason. I think you should join the Army, but only if you're 100% committed. We need people like you to fight to defend America and to promote our national interests.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:05 pm

doesnt the american military know theyve destroyed whole countries, killed hundreds of thousands of innocents, theyve been in more wars than any country its age, and pretty much escalate war on any place on earth?and thats just well known fact, not leftie conspiracy theory. And the tem conspiracy theory is really badly used nowadays. A conspiracy is something that is arranged behind the scenes and is very real. The media has paired it with theory and made it taboo so anybody who question certain practices is labeled as a conspiracy theorist, which is a damn good fascist stragety if you do your homework about it. Not taking sides but just saying. Be with your people, not with the corporate suits that run your goverment. Remember its the same goverment fucks with the SOPA agenda, the ones you guys claim are spreading, ´freedom and democracy´ around the world.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Um. I'm a liberal and democrat and I am not retarded. As for joining the army, I wouldn't. But that is just me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:01 pm

00biohazard wrote:
doesnt the american military know theyve destroyed whole countries, killed hundreds of thousands of innocents, theyve been in more wars than any country its age, and pretty much escalate war on any place on earth?and thats just well known fact, not leftie conspiracy theory. And the tem conspiracy theory is really badly used nowadays. A conspiracy is something that is arranged behind the scenes and is very real. The media has paired it with theory and made it taboo so anybody who question certain practices is labeled as a conspiracy theorist, which is a damn good fascist stragety if you do your homework about it. Not taking sides but just saying. Be with your people, not with the corporate suits that run your goverment. Remember its the same goverment fucks with the SOPA agenda, the ones you guys claim are spreading, ´freedom and democracy´ around the world.
The end justifies the means, we have done quite a bit in our time here, and I'm proud of that. I would hardly say we've been in more wars than any other country in our time, just look at Britain and France from 1776 to present, they've been in more wars and they colonized most of Africa in that time. Of course we should stand with our people, however I don't think supporting military expansionism is "siding with corporate suits." It is indeed quite sad that we have such an intermixing of corporations and our government, and we certainly need to do something about that. Thankfully, SOPA and PIPA are dead, the people rose up and opposed the bill and our elected representatives sided with the people against it, which is sadly a rare occurrence. We cannot fight this crony capitalism and corruption unless we initiate campaign finance reform, repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments, and start putting only people who represent their constituents into office.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:14 pm

You could go into the army. But you really have to think about, no THINK about it.

I wanted to be a medic in combat. First I thought
of how it would be like. How would I handle a person
who was shot and I went to go and tried to heal him.
Whilst everyone was shooting both ways. It'd be like
suicide. What have I got to loose?

Resident Evil and people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:20 pm

I'm thinking about enlisting in the Army as well. Or maybe the Peace Corps. But I fear there might be way too many shitty trolls, I mean "liberals," in the Peace Corps.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 pm

保守的な wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
The end justifies the means, we have done quite a bit in our time here, and I'm proud of that. I would hardly say we've been in more wars than any other country in our time, just look at Britain and France from 1776 to present, they've been in more wars and they colonized most of Africa in that time. Of course we should stand with our people, however I don't think supporting military expansionism is "siding with corporate suits." It is indeed quite sad that we have such an intermixing of corporations and our government, and we certainly need to do something about that. Thankfully, SOPA and PIPA are dead, the people rose up and opposed the bill and our elected representatives sided with the people against it, which is sadly a rare occurrence. We cannot fight this crony capitalism and corruption unless we initiate campaign finance reform, repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments, and start putting only people who represent their constituents into office.

Well saying that the ends justifies the means in the destruction, murder and killing of innocents of other countries is a comment that borders on the absurd, you may want to watch your phrasing. I mean, what are the ends? have you as the american people seen improvemnt in your quality of life? As for its imperialism in south america, while most of american middle class and high society enjoyed the rise of the US, my people and other south american countries faced fierce opression, genocide, and injustice because of american expansionist theory, only because it was profitable to rape the countries national resources. Also the british(im also not saying americans did nothing, the industrial revolution was horrid to people of all countries and most social classes).

Im not saying americans are horrible people, thats what i love about the US, the diverse nature of ethnicity and opinions (not sarcastically im being sincere). Military expansionism when uncalled for is just a form of terrorism, which american politicians love to flaunt around, labelling anybody who dare rise against them as terrorists.You have to know that for the innocent Iraqi and other countries that have been at odds with the US you have been the terrorists. You were even first the terrorists to the British. Your country has scars due to this (mainly racism) but the US is a country whose history is supported by bloodshed and corporate interests. Something I wouldnt be proud of. Id be proud of certain actions of americans like John kennedy, Abe Lincoln etc. I just see the immense irony that borders on the ridiculous when the US supposedly liberates a country, rapes the resources, installs a puppet govrnment that is basically the equivalent of the shitty rulers they had before and call it a day. That seems cynical for a country who prides themselves on freedom and liberty. Please understand that this has nothing to do with americans, as I stated before, Americans are cool because of their diversity. Just their military and political agenda, which as I see everywhere, americans are not to happy with either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:00 pm

00biohazard wrote:
保守的な wrote:
00biohazard wrote:

Well saying that the ends justifies the means in the destruction, murder and killing of innocents of other countries is a comment that borders on the absurd, you may want to watch your phrasing. I mean, what are the ends? have you as the american people seen improvemnt in your quality of life? As for its imperialism in south america, while most of american middle class and high society enjoyed the rise of the US, my people and other south american countries faced fierce opression, genocide, and injustice because of american expansionist theory, only because it was profitable to rape the countries national resources. Also the british(im also not saying americans did nothing, the industrial revolution was horrid to people of all countries and most social classes).

Im not saying americans are horrible people, thats what i love about the US, the diverse nature of ethnicity and opinions (not sarcastically im being sincere). Military expansionism when uncalled for is just a form of terrorism, which american politicians love to flaunt around, labelling anybody who dare rise against them as terrorists.You have to know that for the innocent Iraqi and other countries that have been at odds with the US you have been the terrorists. You were even first the terrorists to the British. Your country has scars due to this (mainly racism) but the US is a country whose history is supported by bloodshed and corporate interests. Something I wouldnt be proud of. Id be proud of certain actions of americans like John kennedy, Abe Lincoln etc. I just see the immense irony that borders on the ridiculous when the US supposedly liberates a country, rapes the resources, installs a puppet govrnment that is basically the equivalent of the shitty rulers they had before and call it a day. That seems cynical for a country who prides themselves on freedom and liberty. Please understand that this has nothing to do with americans, as I stated before, Americans are cool because of their diversity. Just their military and political agenda, which as I see everywhere, americans are not to happy with either.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, 00biohazard. Much of the atrocities committed by my government were done during the Cold War and done to fight against communism. The Soviet Union was far worse than America has ever been. In the end America prevailed and the Soviet Union collapsed. We did prop up a few dictators in some countries, such as Latin America, but it worked to the native people's advantage. It's better to have a right-wing dictator than it is to have a left-wing communist dictator, and now virtually all of those countries are democracies, including your own country of Chile. As you said those who oppose us are often labeled "terrorist," which many of them are.

One would be hard-pressed to deny the actions of al-Qaeda, the Taliban, Hamas, and Fatah as "terrorism." The people in Afghanistan and Iraq are now infinitely better off than they were under Taliban/Ba'ath rule. I'm not trying to justify or demonize the Iraq war, I'm just pointing out that things have certainly gotten better for the people of that country. I don't believe we have been fighting these wars properly, we've been too "cautious" and never want to get on anyone's bad side, to the point where we don't even go in there and complete the mission. We have become soft and docile, that will be our downfall unless we change the way we fight these wars, but that's another discussion altogether.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:19 pm

@conservative

My friend, Chiles president was elected by the people in 1970, the first democratically elected socialist president. The soviet union was actually at odds with Allende, since their communist governments included coups and the taking of power by force. This prompted the american CIA to actually go against a democratic process, and leave Augusto Pinochet in power, which they later left, not even keeping him in check. Most CIA operatives referred to that, not mattering anymore, as Chile was left down, destroyed.Communism was never violent in my country, like perhaps others, and Allendes project, an ambitious one, which succeded and keeps Chile alive industry wise as being the worlds second greatest exporter of copper. But that gets overlooked, because as he all know, the history books are written by the winners, and no true american lived the atrocities occured in that time. Im not going to assume much about you, but seeing as you speak so light heartedly of wars and political ideologies, you have not been on the recieving end of any oppression or social injustice. Which is all fine and dandy, since the USs quality of life is excellent and first world. But I assure you, toppling a democratically elected president was NOT for the best. I think I know more than you on my countrys political past,present and future.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Don't do it!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:00 pm

I'm not going to pretend to know more about Chilean history and/or politics than you, because I don't. Allende was far more than just a socialist though, he was a hardline Marxist (communist) and would have went against American interests. Regardless of how "evil" our actions may be to the native populations of other countries, that is irrelevant. I'm not saying America hasn't done "horrible" (subjective) things in the past, I'm saying that what matters is that America remained strong, safe, and played not only a integral role in the world, but THE integral role in the world. You can't build an empire without cracking a few eggs, but those eggs were predominately those of weren't Americans. We should have propped up more democratic individuals in some of the countries, such as your own, instead of people like Pinochet and Pappagos. Everything is subjective, you say "overthrow a democratically elected government," and I say "supporting a popular movement of the people."
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 pm

保守的な wrote:
I'm not going to pretend to know more about Chilean history and/or politics than you, because I don't. Allende was far more than just a socialist though, he was a hardline Marxist (communist) and would have went against American interests. Regardless of how "evil" our actions may be to the native populations of other countries, that is irrelevant. I'm not saying America hasn't done "horrible" (subjective) things in the past, I'm saying that what matters is that America remained strong, safe, and played not only a integral role in the world, but THE integral role in the world. You can't build an empire without cracking a few eggs, but those eggs were predominately those of weren't Americans. We should have propped up more democratic individuals in some of the countries, such as your own, instead of people like Pinochet and Pappagos. Everything is subjective, you say "overthrow a democratically elected government," and I say "supporting a popular movement of the people."

What popular movement of the people did the US support in my country?Aside from the interests of the rich whites, thats what id like to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 pm

00biohazard wrote:
保守的な wrote:

What popular movement of the people did the US support in my country?Aside from the interests of the rich whites, thats what id like to know.
We didn't typically just move into other countries and overthrow regimes all on our own. If we did overthrow a regime, we typically backed a local rebellion and/or coup, then provided them with assistance. We didn't go in with special forces and/or ground pounders and overthrow the government (well a few times we did), but we usually supported the people in that country in a rebellion against their own government.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:20 pm

保守的な wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
保守的な wrote:

We didn't typically just move into other countries and overthrow regimes all on our own. If we did overthrow a regime, we typically backed a local rebellion and/or coup, then provided them with assistance. We didn't go in with special forces and/or ground pounders and overthrow the government (well a few times we did), but we usually supported the people in that country in a rebellion against their own government.

If by rebellion you mean the right wing christian whites who monopolized power and industry and education since my countrys inception then yes, that was the rebellious faction. The US did that because of its own interest, no sugarcoat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:22 pm

00biohazard wrote:
保守的な wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
保守的な wrote:

If by rebellion you mean the right wing christian whites who monopolized power and industry and education since my countrys inception then yes, that was the rebellious faction. The US did that because of its own interest, no sugarcoat.
Fair enough, but we don't overthrow left-wing governments anymore, otherwise we'd be at war with half of Europe and South America.

Also what does them being Christian and/or white have anything to do with it? We've support plenty of non-Christian and non-white governments.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:59 pm

保守的な wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
保守的な wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
保守的な wrote:

Fair enough, but we don't overthrow left-wing governments anymore, otherwise we'd be at war with half of Europe and South America.

Also what does them being Christian and/or white have anything to do with it? We've support plenty of non-Christian and non-white governments.

Alright friend, Ill break it down for you. Clearly all you know is text book learned so Im gonna explain myself. Here in my country there is classism that borders on racism, something that affects latin america entirely. Our race is the mix of the native americans who inhabited before and the spanish pirates who came during the conquest. Most of my people are rather short, dark, but here it is an insult to call anyody an indian, or indigenous, product of the discrimination made by the higher classes and it is generally looked down upon by society if you have any sort of ancestory.. The elite, the aristocracy from my country are the european descendants, the tall, blue eyed whites, the same ones who consider us dirty blue collared people. Those are the ones, who most are Opus dei catholic (christian) whites. What I am saying is that the people always got the short end of the stick, and the military coup, only managed to install a neo liberal system more agressive than the US s, which further divided the gap between classes, and people in general. The fact that most companies making money off of my country, exploiting workers are owned by foreign companies.

Like you are proud to be a american conservative, I am proud of embracing my roots, looking through elite propaganda while it lies to the true people of my country, us the people and not some white european wannabe with a stick up their ass (most cuicos as they are called here, the rich white population). Here indigenous population were massacred, racism and hate towards natives goes far before americans intervened, it goes all the way back to when europeans first set foot on america. Why do you think here the idea of communism was recieved like a revolutionary and powerful idea?the people were so miserable and discriminated and exploited, that any promise was good. You have to take those things into account, and much more, which you, obviously have not.

Thats what being christian white has to do with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Thank you for providing me with more background information regarding your countries political history (and present). If you want to be socialist, you can be socialist; if you want to be communist, you can be communist; if you want to be Christian, you can be Christian. The Cold War is over and I would hope we can put the past behind us and our two great nations can work together. The future of Chile is for the Chilean people alone to decide, not for Americans or Europeans or Bolivians or Argentinians, or anyone else to decide.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:25 pm

I prefer to be a capitalist with a side of socialism. Which seems to be where our country is heading, though the new election may change it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:37 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I prefer to be a capitalist with a side of socialism. Which seems to be where our country is heading, though the new election may change it.
Obama has embarked us on a road towards socialism with only a little (if any) capitalism. Say goodbye to the American Dream and say hello to the welfare state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have a question.....   I have a question..... Empty

Back to top Go down

I have a question.....
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next