Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

I just finished playing RE 0-5...

Go down 
+13
Methsia
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
NiteKrawler
Bub537
Spike991
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
weskersbarber
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
Incompetent Barry
Ghost Leader
animaniac1
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
animaniac1
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
animaniac1

I just finished playing RE 0-5... Empty
PostSubject: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:17 am

I started this past October and I just finished RE 5 a few days ago. It is kinda sad to see how Capcom has... not ruined, but changed the series SO much. I don't even know where to begin. I know that the same formula can't be done over and over again, because then its just boring and repetitive. If some elements of RE 3.5 (Fog) and RE 4 had been brought together, then maybe the series would have gone in a better direction. RE 4 and 5 though... I guess for an action series its good, but it just seems like any other "Rainbow Six" type series. ESPECIALLY with this new Operation Raccoon City coming out, even though that is a spin off. Unlimited ammo and health, no puzzles, the lack of overall "scariness." I did enjoy some parts of 4 and 5, but most of it is very forgettable. Is there anybody here that really liked those two sequels?

Ashley was annoying. Sheva was hot, but does she really need to be with me the WHOLE game!? Why put Chris on steroids?? Sure he is hot buff, but he was just as sexy not roided out.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:38 am

animaniac1 wrote:
I guess for an action series its good, but it just seems like any other "Rainbow Six" type series.
A better comparison might be Gears of War, since Rainbow Six is a whole completely different animal to RE4 and RE5. Like pointing at America's Army and equating it with Call of Duty.
Back to top Go down
Incompetent Barry
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Incompetent Barry

Playstation Network DaredBlueHawk

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 am

i enjoy 4 and 5, i do agree that there should be more puzzles, but i think that the unlimited ammo thing is fine, i mean its just for fun and at least in 5 you actually have to earn it instead of them giving it to you. but i could not see them get rid of it since unlimited ammo feature has been in pretty much every game
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:42 am

I liked them. RE4's overall atmosphere was closer to the previous games but I did not find it as enjoyable as RE5. I hated the quicktime events but playing as Leon and Ada was awesome and I liked the addition of this new kind of Mercenaries minigame. RE5 I liked overall better and have found it to have as much replay value as RE2 (which at least in my opinion had previously had the most) if not more. It wasn't scary by any means but it was one of my favorite entries in the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 8:56 am

To be honest RE4 and RE5 were fun to play, but when I did I didn't really compare them to any other RE game, and let me tell ya, it was a lot more fun if you dont compare them while your playing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:36 am

I loved RE4. Thought it was fresh after RE went stale for a few years. Sure, it had more action but had its creepy moments as well. Also one of the best games on the PS2.

RE5 was such a dissapointment for me at the time. But after finishing it a couple of time since, ive learned to love it. But there will always be a few things that annoy me about it such as the daylight setting, the majini with AK 47s and rocket launchers, Weskers being too british and some of the monsters being too much e.g Excella and Irving final forms.
Back to top Go down
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:50 am

I liked Resident evil 4 the best of the two. I thought the story for Resident evil 4 was great. Resident evil 5 had a good story, too, but I just didn't enjoy it as much.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:07 pm

XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX wrote:
I liked Resident evil 4 the best of the two. I thought the story for Resident evil 4 was great. Resident evil 5 had a good story, too, but I just didn't enjoy it as much.

Yeah NiteKrawler feels the same way.

Like Barber, I have learned to love it for what it is....but definately more dissapointments in this game, than any previous game, or after.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I thought RE4's story sucked, but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm usually one to just bash the hell out of RE5 but I can give it one thing, the story. It featured more familiar characters and dealt with the back-story of the Progenitor virus and Spencer which I thought was interesting. The gameplay just wasn't engaging and there are many forgettable moments. For instance I remember playing with a friend after beating it and starting over from the beginning but then realized how unfun it was to play through so we just went to the chapter selection and started playing from the later point in the game. The boss fights weren't even fun or engaging or even difficult for that matter (besides the final Wesker fight). I just never felt in danger playing RE5 but with RE4 you definitely had those moments where you felt vulnerable. I hope RE6 is on par with the quality of RE4.

Last edited by Bub537 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX wrote:

Yeah NiteKrawler feels the same way.

*Barf*
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:49 pm

Bub537 wrote:
I'm usually one to just bash the hell out of RE5 but I can give it one thing, the story. It featured more familiar characters and dealt with the back-story of the Progenitor virus and Spencer.

True dat, that stuff was the kinda stuff I want to read about in the files, and all that backstory stuff was awesome.

I did like RE4's story, so there. I mean it isn't the most masterfully crafted thing ever, but it was enjoyable.

Even if you aren't a fan of it as a whole, no denying that there are aspects of it that were really nice.

Any scenes involvingg Leon/Krauser/Ada, an combination of the 3, and the stuff between Ada/Wesker was nice.

Of course characters like Salazar(saladbar) were fun, and just the beginning, the way it set the scene, and seeing all the new stuff that was freaky and cool at first.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 1:52 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I thought RE4's story sucked, but that's just me.
There really isn't much to the story, but at least it broke away from the confusion in the past Resident Evils and gave a fresh look for veterans and invited new players. But I guess I don't really play it over and over again for its story.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Shinji Mikami and Hideki Kamiya
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:

Shinji Mikami worked on RE4 btw. It was Separate Ways and everything that followed that were really different.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

Shinji Mikami worked on RE4 btw. It was Separate Ways and everything that followed that were really different.

The best about Mikami is that he didn't like when the resi games were too similar, and what he said about RE5 was way too genius
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

The best about Mikami is that he didn't like when the resi games were too similar, and what he said about RE5 was way too genius

I see.

Well what did he say about RE5?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

I see.

Well what did he say about RE5?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/202814/mikami-i-wont-play-resi-5/
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:02 am

Damn, I wish you couldn't just quoted it all...but I read it.

Nice, and kinda funny. I can understand what he means though.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 am

Spike991 wrote:

It is basically what I said before, Mikami likes to change, or at least he does the best he can to keep changing, there are various examples of that, RE 1.5, REmake, Devil May Cry was intended as a resi game, re3.5 and RE4, they are very unique Resi games and 1.5 was scrapped because Mikami thought it was too similar to the first one
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:17 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

It is basically what I said before, Mikami likes to change, or at least he does the best he can to keep changing, there are various examples of that, RE 1.5, REmake, Devil May Cry was intended as a resi game, re3.5 and RE4, they are very unique Resi games and 1.5 was scrapped because Mikami thought it was too similar to the first one

He's obviously a very intelligent dude, who knows exactly what makes RE, RE.

That's another good example I can use in further evidence of how RE4 isn't sooo different from prior releases.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:07 am

Honestly, the first ever RE game I played was RE5. I loved it very much haha Very Happy
I bought CVX to know more about Chris, Wesker, Jill and Sheva's history.
Knowing it was just the three minus Sheva, I was kind of disappointed since I liked
Sheva in that game.

My view about RE4 (I haven't played it but I now feel like I can't be bothered)
and 5 has changed since playing CVX, REmake and RE: Outbreak. I really want
to try out DeadlyGenetic and 00biohazard's strategy on RE5. Though I know there won't
be any amazing mindfudging puzzels Sad. I have the gold version of RE5 on Xbox360.
But some bitch used the code so now I have to buy all the DLC.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:10 am

But you neeeed to play RE4. That plus 2, 3 and the Survivors.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

2 and 3 ON THE PS should be mandatory
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 8:50 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

2 and 3 ON THE PS should be mandatory
What he said, although I don't mind the system. I have RE2 on PC, though the first time I ever saw the game was on the PS.

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just finished playing RE 0-5...   I just finished playing RE 0-5... Empty

Back to top Go down

I just finished playing RE 0-5...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next