Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Memories

Go down 
+16
Sundown31
PWNERX
will1234562
chrisredfield84
JamTyrantH
White Rock
chocotricks
MSR
RaviorStygian
Spike991
ChickenHeart
Sargent D
weskersbarber
Mass Distraction
ohmybasch
Vandal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 7:12 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
White Rock wrote:
…although the new ones copy Gears of War too much.
Despite the fact that Gears of War was heavily inspired by Resident Evil 4.
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 The_More_You_Know

Dude, its true that gears of war was inspired from RE 4. I don't get the sarcasm. Suspect

My memories:
RE 4 : Chainsaw dudes and chicks.
RE 5: Chainsaw dudes in Ship deck mercenaries.
RE 6: Chainsaw dude in ada's campaign.(Chain saw dude was easier in jake's camaign though).

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:21 am

I just think it's pretty retarded that Capcom inspired Gears and now Gears is inspiring Capcom. I mean same thing with Dead Space. Inspired by Resident Evil, now Resident Evil is taking from Dead Space.

Also, they really should have stopped the whole chainsaw thing by RE6.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:33 pm

JamTyrantH wrote:
the first funny/scary memory for me was watching me mam, yes my mam playing resi 2 for
the first time and she left the bus near the beginning on danger and got the shock of her life
when she ran into a pack of zombies, i was like 5 lol i shit and so did she.

also on resi 2 the first time i saw william on claire b i pooped, also watching my mam lol.

I'm sorry to hear that. Rolling Eyes

Mercy wrote:
I just think it's pretty retarded that Capcom inspired Gears and now Gears is inspiring Capcom. I mean same thing with Dead Space. Inspired by Resident Evil, now Resident Evil is taking from Dead Space.

They really should've. We've had enough chainsaws.

RE used to be so much more of a prolific game. It still is, but maybe Capcom just reached a ceiling. They'll break through eventually.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 11:05 pm

Mercy wrote:

No way. I hate being caught in a bad romance with the chainsaw but i never find them boring either. Even the new DmC has chainsaw enemies.

chainsaw=horror
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 2:47 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Mercy wrote:

No way. I hate being caught in a bad romance with the chainsaw but i never find them boring either. Even the new DmC has chainsaw enemies.

chainsaw=horror

They were cool and scary in RE4. They were also cool in RE5. I liked those Chainsaw Majini screaming like they did.

The big fat blobby guys with chainsaw arms in RER was terrible. And the chainsaw guy in RE6 was unforgivably annoying. Kind of a cool look, but damn annoying. Zero fun sir.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:49 am

Chainsaw does not equal horror when it happens in every single game.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was scary back then. Not anymore and especially not after 5 sequels and a remake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 03, 2013 7:58 am

Spike Reaver wrote:

The big fat blobby guys with chainsaw arms in RER was terrible.
By terrible you mean too easy to kill or annoyingly hard to kill?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Playing Resident Evil 6 in retrospect was fun. I didn't know what to expect for the most part, it was filled with surprises, I played the game episodically: Leon Chapter 1, Chris, Chapter 1, Jake Chapter 1, Leon Chapter 2, etc. etc. I had a great time with Resident Evil 6. Played it on Professional the first time through, endured everything that it was and I completely ignored all the bad reviews. I also played it solo, which was nice that I didn't have to worry about a partner getting downed. I should have turned it in after I finished it though, because each progressive playthrough I did made it worse and worse.

I find it hard to enjoy the game now. And this upsets me.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm

I never touched RE6 since I bet it (which was in about 2 or 3 days), unlike say RE5 which I would just get on for Mercenaries every now and then
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Beat. Sorry. Grammar police. If you want to keep liking the game, keep it that way. Don't ever play it again.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Chainsaw does not equal horror when it happens in every single game.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was scary back then. Not anymore and especially not after 5 sequels and a remake.

May be for someone who lives and breathes horror games, yeah , they might not find it different. But to me(who plays action titles too), chainsaws has the horror co efficient(horror multiplied).

We have had them in like 3 games. I find them as a tough adversary in mercenaries. Especially in RE 5 (ship deck) where we have to kill 5 of them(ofcourse we got 3 RPGs to help).

And in RE 6, I liked their concept art and died a couple of times in ada's campaign.

To me, they are a worthy addition to gory games.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:35 am

I play other games too Very Happy I don't think I play horror games the most, they're pretty much even with adventure, retro and role playing games. I still do get afraid in games like Silent Hill but I think the chainsaw theme is getting quite used already. I wouldn't mind if they had one enemy like that every once in a while but after 4 games in a row (RER had one with a circular saw) it just gets old. 5 if you count Mercenaries 3D. Just like using the same characters over and over again. These kind of enemies sure are tough to beat and pose a challenge but scary they are not. Well, at least to me.

Btw. Have you seen the TCM sequels? They got totally out of hand.
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the chainsaw theme is getting quite used already. I wouldn't mind if they had one enemy like that every once in a while but after 4 games in a row (RER had one with a circular saw) it just gets old. 5 if you count Mercenaries 3D. Just like using the same characters over and over again. These kind of enemies sure are tough to beat and pose a challenge but scary they are not. Well, at least to me.

Redundancy:

I don't think it should be an issue when following a series of games where we expect common elements carried on to sequels. Atleast for nostalgia sake. If we wanted new themes, we would look for them in new games, atleast by me. I should thank capcom here for keeping RE alive when they moved to Devil may cry. Prince of persia games have come to a halt(atleast there is no news i have heard) and ubisoft have moved on to Assassins creed. There are still POP fans supporting the game on facebook and are expecting ubisoft to release a POP title.

Having common elements should not be a problem in a series of games. We don't have chainsaw enemies in not more than a sub-mission of a chapter.

Zombies are an example in this case. They are very old concepts compared to ganados and majinis. But still , RE 6 and ORC revisited such concept.

Mass Distraction wrote:

Btw. Have you seen the TCM sequels? They got totally out of hand.

You mean, texas chainsaw, not yet.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 am

chrisredfield84 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I think the chainsaw theme is getting quite used already. I wouldn't mind if they had one enemy like that every once in a while but after 4 games in a row (RER had one with a circular saw) it just gets old. 5 if you count Mercenaries 3D. Just like using the same characters over and over again. These kind of enemies sure are tough to beat and pose a challenge but scary they are not. Well, at least to me.

Redundancy:

I don't think it should be an issue when following a series of games where we expect common elements carried on to sequels. Atleast for nostalgia sake. If we wanted new themes, we would look for them in new games, atleast by me. I should thank capcom here for keeping RE alive when they moved to Devil may cry. Prince of persia games have come to a halt(atleast there is no news i have heard) and ubisoft have moved on to Assassins creed. There are still POP fans supporting the game on facebook and are expecting ubisoft to release a POP title.

Having common elements should not be a problem in a series of games. We don't have chainsaw enemies in not more than a sub-mission of a chapter.

Zombies are an example in this case. They are very old concepts compared to ganados and majinis. But still , RE 6 and ORC revisited such concept.
I don't mind regular or basic enemies returning but they shouldn't use special enemies too many times in a row. Like how they used Hunters in the first game, changed them to Lickers in the second and returned to Hunters in the third. Just things like that. Then again, this would only be my personal preference. The thing is, I don't like fighting the same exact enemies in every title.

As for revisiting, that's exactly my point. I don't mind if they use the same things as long as there's variation in between.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 am

RESIDENT EVIL 7 NOW WITH MORE CHAINSAWS!
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:08 am

Chainsaw guys are becoming very popular - there is also one in "Mad Father"(indie RPG-Horror game...a free one)
Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 Mad_fa10
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:50 am

will1234562 wrote:
Chainsaw guys are becoming very popular - there is also one in "Mad Father"(indie RPG-Horror game...a free one)
It's not really any recent thing. Ever since Texas Chainsaw Massacre came to theaters the chainsaw wielding maniac has been pretty much a horror cliche.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
It's not really any recent thing. Ever since Texas Chainsaw Massacre came to theaters the chainsaw wielding maniac has been pretty much a horror cliche.
Honestly,if I see one more chainsaw guy,in any horror game,I'll shoot myself Laughing .
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:37 am

will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Honestly,if I see one more chainsaw guy,in any horror game,I'll shoot myself Laughing .
I'll help you keep your word on that.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 am

Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
I'm sure you will.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:24 pm

Damn....seems like I am the one person who has no fear from some things as a kid. Try being 6 years old, and playing a demo version of Resident Evil 3 packaged with Dino Crisis that you stole from your older brother. Damnit Regina!!!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:24 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Mercy wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
I'm sure you will.
Trust me. When Resident Evil 7 comes out…

PWNERX wrote:
Damn....seems like I am the one person who has no fear from some things as a kid.
You don't know how to enjoy things in life.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 am

Oh, I have a few ideas. How bout glitching the holy hell out of UMK3 on the SNES? now that was a good few weeks last summer.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Resident Evil Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:04 am

Since I'm new, I figured I'd start a thread. Hopefully, you're not like the MGS folks and gag, stone, and crucify me.

So...

What are your favorite Resident Evil memories?

Like, how were you introduced to the series? What are your best memories? Are you surprised how far it's come (good/bad)?

I personally cannot believe that Resident Evil is pushing 15 years old. Occasionally, I think about busting out Resident Evil 1-3, which I almost force myself to play while simultaneously thinking, "Damn, these games are old. I'm getting old. Where the HELL does time go?" I personally love everything about RE3, the memories attached to it, my life at the time, etc. Hell, I remember thinking Nemesis was real as a kid because my hometown looks like Raccoon City. Maybe I had brain damage. No idea. It's possible. I ran full-force into the corner of a table at 4.

Anyhow, the real reasoning behind me joining this forum is that it's hard finding anyone who knows ANYTHING about the classic/real Resident Evil. I mean seriously, ask someone. Their response: "wtf is that?" I think the classics deserve appreciation no matter what because they gave birth, and death, to a genre. It seems there are only two generations that give a shit about them. Young peeps in the 90s, and younger brothers, nephews, cousins of those said peeps in the 90s. We're a dying breed of gamer in a sense.

Last edited by Sundown31 on Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:08 am

My favorite resident evil memory is resident evil zero. i loved that game all of it.
Back to top Go down
http://gamergeneration.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Memories   Resident Evil: Memories - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Memories
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next