HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Idea for a HD collection...

Go down 
+8
HUNK420
Trichos
Soul
weskersbarber
Spike991
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
They should be happy people are willing to buy them and not use an emulator. Drop those prices Sony!!!
I guess there's a little bit of production cost at least on the HD games. Other than that, some of them are still cheaper in opposed to buying one of them used. Essentially you're getting a new game.

Besides, it's not Sony who makes the prices, it's the game companies. Sony propably just gets a little profit on the side. The games are essentially the same price on 360 too. Not sure of Wii and 3DS games.

Yeah, i understand the hd production cost( and they did a great job on CVX), I just feel like 20 is a bit steep for a last gen game. Re4HD is definitely worth the $20 price tag because it is one of the best looking games on the ps2. CVX should've been $10.

I still can't believe re1 cost $10. That just appalling.

Beyond Good and Evil HD is a gorgeous ps2/xbox port and it was only $10. I don't understand the difference between this and CVX.
Back to top Go down
Fat_Albert_Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 pm

I concur; Code Veronica's a bit pricey at 20$, no? Yet BG&E's half the price, while just as great if not better. Huh.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 12:19 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
The cool thing to do is hate on RE4 and RE5 I guess. The games get pretty great reviews and have sold more than any of the early releases (RE5 is the highest selling RE game) so somebody must be enoying it somewhere.

Haha, good point.Smile

And yeah, they don't need these haters.

Don't knock it til you tried it. And if you tried it, still don't knock it fool.

Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:50 am

Known_Hero wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:
Resident Evil is like $10.00 and 2 and are $6.00 and I guess since it's an HD port of a PS2 game they made it 20.00

Ridiculous price for re1.

PS1 games should be 3-5 dollars.

I believe the ps2 games cost 10 dollars on PSN.

They should be happy people are willing to buy them and not use an emulator. Drop those prices Sony!!!

It doesn't seem that ridiculous to me. Ebay has prices ranging from $5.00 to over $30.00 for the director's cut. The main arguement I guess could be well you can get it just as cheap/cheaper if you have a DS or the remake if you have a Wii. Ofcourse if you don't have those you'll have to buy the console first. It's ten bucks because it's considered a classic. You can also download it on to your PSP. I hate the arguement "the game company should charge next to nothing because I can get on an emulater for free!" Lets face it those who use emulators would still get it for free if the game was 5 dollars or less.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:50 pm

I couldn't agree with this idea enough. It would be great if they bundled both File #1 and #2 together as a package. It would be especially awesome if they allowed you to use PSN and Xbox Live to play with friends. That's the biggest they that bummed me out about the Outbreak games was that online gaming really hadn't taken off yet and no one I knew played PS2 online.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:04 pm

One thing they should add to the suggested bundle: an option to play the games in the Lone Wolf mode from the start, as some people don't like playing with AI partners or just want to play it as a single player experience.

If this ever got made I might buy it just for the online. I still have both of them for PS2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 3:23 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:
Resident Evil is like $10.00 and 2 and are $6.00 and I guess since it's an HD port of a PS2 game they made it 20.00

It doesn't seem that ridiculous to me. Ebay has prices ranging from $5.00 to over $30.00 for the director's cut. The main arguement I guess could be well you can get it just as cheap/cheaper if you have a DS or the remake if you have a Wii. Ofcourse if you don't have those you'll have to buy the console first. It's ten bucks because it's considered a classic. You can also download it on to your PSP. I hate the arguement "the game company should charge next to nothing because I can get on an emulater for free!" Lets face it those who use emulators would still get it for free if the game was 5 dollars or less.

A disc copy of re1 is hard to find which is why people are charging that much for it. PSN is selling the digital version which is easily obtainable. As I said before, the digital ps2 games are $10. Digital re1 is worth the same amount as a digital ps2 game?

You can buy mgs4 new for 20 dollars. I purchased a new copy of the limited edition version of dead space 2 for $25( game that was released in Jan 2011). The digital verison of mass effect 2 is $20(ps3). No way in hell CVXHD should cost $20.

I brought up the emulator because the digital version of the game shouldn't cost the same as the disc version of the game.

I just trying to understand the logic behind these prices.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
One thing they should add to the suggested bundle: an option to play the games in the Lone Wolf mode from the start, as some people don't like playing with AI partners or just want to play it as a single player experience.

If this ever got made I might buy it just for the online. I still have both of them for PS2.

Port those suckas on the Wii, that's what I'd like.

Wii could handle those and needs some good stuff what with missing out on RE5, RE6, and ORC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Unless you are being sarcastic that'd be a horrible idea. If I recall correctly, Wii isn't best known for its online features which would basically be the whole point of the HD port.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:20 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Unless you are being sarcastic that'd be a horrible idea. If I recall correctly, Wii isn't best known for its online features which would basically be the whole point of the HD port.

Haha, I wasn't being sarcastic actually. I definately would enjoy that stuff on Wii. I mean while the Outbreak's already look awesome by any standards, they could crisp 'em up a bit. And the online aspect isn't really important for me.

Hell, at the end of the day, how bout just porting them to do it, cuz they can. I'm cool with that too.
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 5:56 am

Known_Hero wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
ChickenHeart wrote:

A disc copy of re1 is hard to find which is why people are charging that much for it. PSN is selling the digital version which is easily obtainable. As I said before, the digital ps2 games are $10. Digital re1 is worth the same amount as a digital ps2 game?

You can buy mgs4 new for 20 dollars. I purchased a new copy of the limited edition version of dead space 2 for $25( game that was released in Jan 2011). The digital verison of mass effect 2 is $20(ps3). No way in hell CVXHD should cost $20.

I brought up the emulator because the digital version of the game shouldn't cost the same as the disc version of the game.

I just trying to understand the logic behind these prices.

Well I think Sony is first aiming these ports mostly at the younger crowd who have never played these games. Also, $10.00 really isn't all that much anymore. Hell, a Big Mac Value Meal costs almost $7.00. So really in terms of pricing it isn't that bad. Like I said earlier Resident Evil is considered a classic and they know it will sell for 10.00. RE2/RE3 are cheaper and honestly they are superior games, but they knew people who are fans of RE4/RE5 but never played the original will buy it.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Haha, I wasn't being sarcastic actually. I definately would enjoy that stuff on Wii. I mean while the Outbreak's already look awesome by any standards, they could crisp 'em up a bit. And the online aspect isn't really important for me.

Hell, at the end of the day, how bout just porting them to do it, cuz they can. I'm cool with that too.

To me it's all about playing online with friends which was a crucial element to that game when it came out since I missed out on having that. If I truly wanted to play them again I could just buy the PS2 version.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
HUNK420
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
HUNK420

Playstation Network cynical420

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:24 pm

re 4 to easy besides forgetting to tap in cut scenes even on pro and 5 same except the difficulty of keeping ur ai alive thats why i hate on them.... games are too easy nowadays i want something difficult to play damnit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for a HD collection...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2