Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Idea for a HD collection... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Idea for a HD collection... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Idea for a HD collection... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Idea for a HD collection... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Idea for a HD collection... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Idea for a HD collection... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Idea for a HD collection... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Idea for a HD collection...

Go down 
+8
HUNK420
Trichos
Soul
weskersbarber
Spike991
Sargent D
Mass Distraction
chocotricks
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

Idea for a HD collection... Empty
PostSubject: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyTue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 pm

Outbreak, with faster loading times and online again. One thing that bugged the shit out of me with outbreak was loading times, I also missed my chance to play online. So I would love this.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 4:16 am

This would certainly be nice. With all the other revivals, why not these? Especially with the online.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 2:21 pm

I wish they made a PC version of the Outbreak games so people could make their own maps and mods for them.....and I would love to play those games on Steam. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 9:43 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Outbreak, with faster loading times and online again. One thing that bugged the shit out of me with outbrea k was loading times, I also missed my chance to play online. So I would love this.

Agreed. Of course I got tired of the door sequences in the earlier RE games too sometimes.

I think a lot of people did, which might be why they were taken out.

I think the coolest and best way to do it is to have the door opening sequences, they can even have the stupid unnecessary heartbeat in there, but only do it for certain doors. Like in RE4 and RE5 there were doors to new areas where there was loading, or a brief black screen, where a door sequence would have fit perfectly.

They need to make a comeback like that. We don't need to be distancing ourselves from all the little things that made RE what it is.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Ya I love the Door sequences but outbreak never even had those just black screens. Also the thing I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD about Deadly Silence is you could skip them if you wanted
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:21 pm

chocotricks wrote:
Ya I love the Door sequences but outbreak never even had those just black screens. Also the thing I LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD about Deadly Silence is you could skip them if you wanted

Me too. And you better believe I took advantage.

I remember that REDS took a lot of really cool improvements from the later games and implimented them into the first game. The quick knife and manual reloading being two that I really appreciated most.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:02 am

The heartbeat was a nice touch, considering that the door opening sequence wouldn't have worked with those loading times.

Btw. You could also skip the door opening in the PC versions of the original games.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 am

Have to agree that the door sequences with heartbeats would be a welcome return, but only in certain doors and only for the first time entering it. Would give the game a scarier atmoshpere. Outbreak overdid it big time.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 am

With the Wii U coming I wouldn't be surprised if they ported REmake and Zero to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Soul wrote:
With the Wii U coming I wouldn't be surprised if they ported REmake and Zero to it.

Nice new avatar.

Wait, are you able to play Wii games on Wii U?
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Yes, the Wii U will be downwards-compatible with Wii games. Not with GC games, though, sadly.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:28 pm

Trichos wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Yes, the Wii U will be downwards-compatible with Wii games. Not with GC games, though, sadly.

Phuck that! I don't need a Wii U, that sounds stupid anyway.

And I think you mean Backwards-compatible.

Last edited by Spike991 on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Trichos wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

And I think you mean Backwards-compatable.
Consult the internet before you try to fight my vocabulary, both are possible.
Only that I managed to write "compatible" correctly.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:40 pm

Trichos wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Trichos wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

And I think you mean Backwards-compatable.
Consult the internet before you try to fight my vocabulary, both are possible.
Only that I managed to write "compatible" correctly.

The only person that I'll consult is Yo Mama, who is so ugly that she looked out the window and got arrested for mooning. Laughing

And I think there's only really one correct way for each thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Spike991 wrote:
The only person that I'll consult is Yo Mama, who is so ugly that she looked out the window and got arrested for mooning.
The only person who got arrested is yo mama who, I then claim, has a negative feature/characteristic I can make a joke about meant to insult you.
Idea for a HD collection... Anti-joke+chicken-resize
*Anti-Joke Chicken*
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Yo mama is so ugly that I took her to a haunted house and she came out with a job application.

Hey, we can take this over to the Yo Mama/Tu Madre/Cash Money thread if you gotta beef, playa??
Back to top Go down
HUNK420
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
HUNK420

Playstation Network cynical420

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:40 am

i agree outbreak would be amazing in hd and online with psn. but honesty im still hopeing for file 3 it makes no sense that it never came i read on the wikipedia that they created 18 levels for outbreak originally but we only got 5 on each game what the fock and even after all the complaining fans and even its own fan made website capcom still never finished it honestly other than the first 3 resident evils and code veronica (wich i still consider RE4) it was the only RE icared about ........ remake and 0 were good but fock 4 nd 5
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:24 am

Why the hate on RE4&5? They were great games.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 am

^this
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 am

The cool thing to do is hate on RE4 and RE5 I guess. The games get pretty great reviews and have sold more than any of the early releases (RE5 is the highest selling RE game) so somebody must be enoying it somewhere. As for Outbreak, I personally was a big fan of it. However an HD port wouldn't be worth it. The game had alot of problems other than just long loading times. The AI for both allies and enemies were pretty bad most of the time. There was no voicechat for multiplayer. Anyone who played online knows what it's like to hear a character just constantly saying "Yeah!" 10505405443034 times during game. The idea they had for the series could actually work now with the ability to download news maps,etc. However, the style of the earlier RE games just really isn't a seller and video games are a business just like anything else.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 am

ChickenHeart wrote:
RE5 is the highest selling RE game
That's what I thought too but actually it's RE4. Some RE4 sales numbers don't count all versions and ports which lead to people, including me, thinking so. RE5 is still the second highest selling game in the franchise.

As for the HD port of Outbreak Files, they could have a chance to fix all the problems in the games if they put some time to it. Still, as you said, it wouldn't be the greatest selling port. Outbreak File#3 would be nice, though.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Yeah, RE4 and 5 are great games. I'm replaying RE5 right now.

Fairytale Sheva FTW!!

Anyway, does anyone think CVX HD is overpriced? 20 dollars for a HD upgraded DC game? You can buy a old PS3 game for 20.

Beyond Good and Evil HD is a great port. It's the one of the best games on PSN and it only cost 10.

Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:11 pm

Resident Evil is like $10.00 and 2 and are $6.00 and I guess since it's an HD port of a PS2 game they made it 20.00
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:42 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Resident Evil is like $10.00 and 2 and are $6.00 and I guess since it's an HD port of a PS2 game they made it 20.00

Ridiculous price for re1.

PS1 games should be 3-5 dollars.

I believe the ps2 games cost 10 dollars on PSN.

They should be happy people are willing to buy them and not use an emulator. Drop those prices Sony!!!

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
They should be happy people are willing to buy them and not use an emulator. Drop those prices Sony!!!
I guess there's a little bit of production cost at least on the HD games. Other than that, some of them are still cheaper in opposed to buying one of them used. Essentially you're getting a new game.

Besides, it's not Sony who makes the prices, it's the game companies. Sony propably just gets a little profit on the side. The games are essentially the same price on 360 too. Not sure of Wii and 3DS games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a HD collection...   Idea for a HD collection... Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for a HD collection...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next