HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking

Go down 
+6
Cyberote
TeRoR KiD
Mass Distraction
Spike991
Sargent D
biggebruv
10 posters
AuthorMessage
biggebruv
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking Empty
PostSubject: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:06 pm

It certainly feels it doing a replay of the whole series IMO. This is probley my least fav out of all the resi,s but its still a damm good resi! and i do love it just not as much as the rest of them. The music in this one is one of the best of the series though

The removal of the item box was IMO just very fustrating there was no real point to it it kinda just made everything worse and definatly dragged this game down once we got to the mansion it felt very samey and kinda dull wereas they should have tried to do alot more with the train
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:48 pm

Yeah I hated how they got rid of the item boxes too, if they were in the game I would have enjoyed it more.

And welcome to the fourms by the way. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
biggebruv
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 7:54 pm

thanks and also the weapons taking up two spaces was even more annoying! lol and the fact you could only leave so many items in a room

Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:12 pm

im glad you pointed this out.

i didnt mind the lack of item boxes too much. i definately like being able to drop weapons, but why cant we have both, it would just make everything so much more efficient.

at least with item boxes you always have a consistent spot or two where you know you can place something.

i used the main hall in the training facility for all my items, until it got full, which happens. not to mention when you progress to later areas, its a bitch deciding what to take, like in the chappel or labs....

but yeah, the good outweighs the bad in re0's case.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 2:49 am

Doesn't every RE have weapons that take up two spaces?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

All of them except the Original I think. Even the Rocket Launcher only took up one space.

I have to disagree with the dislike of the item box removal. I found it refreshing and more realistic that you have to leave items lying around and come back for them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:35 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

All of them except the Original I think. Even the Rocket Launcher only took up one space.
Yeah, that and RE5, too. It would've been horrible if some weapons took two spaces in that game.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 am

Yeah the item dropping system used to annoy me. On my first playthrough, I left the hookshot with the train so you can imagine my frustration when I got to the church and realised I had to run the whole way back just to get the damn thing. But I like RE0
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah, RE0 had the most backtracking. If you moved to a new area you had to backtrack to move all of your items to the new area.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:19 pm

i really enjoyed zero but do agree that the item dropping was a pain. it was ace to play as rebecca for a change though Smile
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:23 pm

I agree. If they had both the item box and the ability drop and pick up items it would've been perfect. What I loved most about RE0 was being able to visit the labs from RE2. That was really neat to me. More RE games should revisit familiar locations like this.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 pm

completely agree with you. everything keeps getting blown up though lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:44 pm

Bub537 wrote:
What I loved most about RE0 was being able to visit the labs from RE2.
Did that lab not get destroyed in Zer0?
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:49 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

Not that I remember. Obviously not because it wouldn't have been around for Leon and Claire to visit it in RE2 and the various survivors in Outbreak.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

Not that I remember. Obviously not because it wouldn't have been around for Leon and Claire to visit it in RE2 and the various survivors in Outbreak.
Oh, ok. I was just thinking if there was a continuity error.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

Oh, ok. I was just thinking if there was a continuity error.

If so that would've been a major continuity error haha. I'd be like if the Spencer mansion was still up after the events of RE1.
Back to top Go down
biggebruv
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 6:51 pm

A little error IIRC was that in REmake rebbeca did not have billys dog tags around her neck
im suprised considering both were made near each other

I also loved visiting the areas of the lab from RE2 aswell seeing the areas in better graphics just gets me sad that they didt remake RE2 with those brillient graphics
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Bub537 wrote:
I agree. If they had both the item box and the ability drop and pick up items it would've been perfect. What I loved most about RE0 was being able to visit the labs from RE2. That was really neat to me. More RE games should revisit familiar locations like this.
thats why i really enjoy the outbreak and chronicle games, cuz they allow us to revisit those familiar locations, from a different point of view, and they usually look a remade and pretty.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 2:51 am

Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
thats why i really enjoy the outbreak and chronicle games, cuz they allow us to revisit those familiar locations, from a different point of view, and they usually look a remade and pretty.
And that is why ORC is going to kick so much ass.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
theoreticaly, unless someone calls it racist before it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:01 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

YES!!! Funniest comment all day.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:01 am

Spike991 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
I could've sworn I saw a dark skinned zombie there somewhere. Oh no...
Back to top Go down
S.Winters
Hunter
Hunter
S.Winters

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 3:06 pm

I liked Zero. I'm not sure if I really cared if I had to backtrack or not. I was ok with dropping stuff in random places. It was kind of helpful when I REALLY needed to pick something up. And the map was nice to show me where my things were. ^_^ But I guess Item Boxes might have been good in some cases too..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking   Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking Empty

Back to top Go down

Is ZERO the worst in the series for backtracking
Page 1 of 1