HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?

Go down 
+5
toddx77
Sargent D
charlieRE2
Mass Distraction
Bub537
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? Empty
PostSubject: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:36 pm

Kind of a random thought and wanted to hear everyone's viewpoint on the subject. What Resident Evil came would you recommend for someone who's never played an RE game before? Would you tell them to play a more action-oriented title like RE4 or RE5 or would you tell them to check out one of the "classic" titles? I was talking with some friends and they said that the only RE games they had played was either 4 or 5 which made me pretty sad.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Although I'm not too into it myself I'd recommend REmake. It's the first game in the series and people wouldn't be put off by the graphics. Good story and good atmosphere. If that doesn't do it then nothing will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 5:44 pm

completely agree with mass distraction there. dropping them in with re4 or 5 would not be a true representation of what re is. the graphics of re1 and 2 would be too dated for our next generation of gamers.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 6:17 pm

I would have to go with REmake too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

Playstation Network supermanx77

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:27 pm

I would say if they have access to the first one then definatly re1 for sure. Remake if possible but if your stuck with the ps1 version then that will do. After 1 I would then say to play0,2,3,cvx,4, and 5. I would only recommned this to someone who is a hardcore gamer or who has the patients to play these older games. If they are a causal gamer or one of those people who thinks call of duty, gears of war, and halo are the greatest games ever then no way will they make it through any of the old games. If that is the case I would tell them to play Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, 4, and 5.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 2:46 am

Yeah, REmake. It perfected the old RE formula.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:39 am

toddx77 wrote:
If they are a causal gamer or one of those people who thinks call of duty, gears of war, and halo are the greatest games ever then no way will they make it through any of the old games. If that is the case I would tell them to play Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, 4, and 5.
In that case I would tell them to stay the fuck out of this series.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:40 am

Halo is pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:47 am

ThomVD wrote:
Halo is pretty good.
It's ok. Where did that come from Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:49 am

The post from Toddx77.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:53 am

Ah. Still, I would say stay away from this series if one is only into fps games.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:54 am

That's true. Or just recommend RE4 and 5 for them.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 am

No. Don't recommend anything. We don't need anyomore of those trigger happy people to this series.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:14 am

Yeah, otherwise Capcom would consider making a FPS RE game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:19 am

Aside from Survivor series? Oh God no....
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:21 am

Survivor was different for me, I loved it.
Back to top Go down
toddx77
Zombie
Zombie
toddx77

Playstation Network supermanx77

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:44 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
toddx77 wrote:
If they are a causal gamer or one of those people who thinks call of duty, gears of war, and halo are the greatest games ever then no way will they make it through any of the old games. If that is the case I would tell them to play Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles, 4, and 5.
In that case I would tell them to stay the fuck out of this series.

I feel you man lol. I can't stand the kind of people who will say a game sucks or be put it off buying it simply because the gameplay is a bit more difficult or there isn't non stop action. I want to tell them to screw off and go back to their hand holding games that play themselves as much as anyone. The fact that if more of those types of people start playing means that capcom will make the newer games more action orientated and less survivor orientated to appeal to them does scare me. Capcom knows us fans are going to buy new resdient evil games no matter what. Beer drinking Mike though who lives with his bros and picks up girls at the club is not going to buy the new resident evil if it plays like remake instead of 4 or 5. So ya that does scare me and considering that those kind of people ruined call of duty I would hate to see that happen to resident evil. The only reason I say that though about umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles is if those types of losers are going to play resident evil wouldn't you rather they atleast know the back story before playing 4?

As for Halo I wasn't trying to say it was a bad game, just to me it doesn't seem like anything special. Now to be fair I never had an original xbox so I only played around the first 30 minutes of single player of halo 1 and I mainly knew halo 1 and 2 from multi player by going to friends houses. I have halo 3 and reach so I don't think its fair to judge the story of 3 since I have never beaten the first 2. Its just while playing 3 I didnt feel as if there was anything special and while playing reach I was able to understand the story more I still didn't see anything really epic about it. Sure the stories are interesting and the games are fun, but when I think of epic FPS I think Half Life, Doom, Quake, Call of Duty1-4 to name a few. A game Im not afraid to say was horrible was gears of war. OMG the only fun thing about that was shooting and even that got old real quick lol.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 5:47 am

Gears of War is good too. Not something special, but still an enjoyable game. CoD is the series that I hate (Not CoD 1, 2 and 4). And for Half-Life, those games are badass. But what made Halo so great for me is the splitscreen multiplayer and co-op.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:21 am

toddx77 wrote:
The only reason I say that though about umbrella chronicles and darkside chronicles is if those types of losers are going to play resident evil wouldn't you rather they atleast know the back story before playing 4?
That's a good point.

And yeah, I loved the Survivor games too, I wouldn't mind if they made another spinoff like that. Still waiting to see the day of Survivor Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:21 am

i adore resident evil. always have but.. i enjoyed the gears of war series and i play it online often. id never go as far as to say these are the best games ever made though.people shouldn't stereotype gears players as being gun happy though. the games are fun.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:24 am

I myself love me some Killzone. Again, not the best games ever made but a whole lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:26 am

That's exactly what a shooter means for me. Enjoyable, but not something that grabs you emotionally like Final Fantasy or any other RPG or Zelda does.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:09 am

Definitely REmake. I wouldn't get them too used to RE4 or 5 since they're not a clear picture of what Resident Evil is all about. Not to mention they wouldn't know about the Raccoon City incident, they wouldn't know who Jill Valentine or Wesker is or why Chris is so shocked to see them other than having a flashback to Jill's tombstone in the beginning of the game. I'd say start with REmake, go to RE0, then up from there.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:33 am

Cyberote wrote:
I'd say start with REmake, go to RE0, then up from there.
I wouldn't recommend Zer0 as one of the first games as I hear it's pretty hard. Might be a deal breaker to some.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:37 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Cyberote wrote:
I'd say start with REmake, go to RE0, then up from there.
I wouldn't recommend Zer0 as one of the first games as I hear it's pretty hard. Might be a deal breaker to some.

Truth. Maybe CVX as second. That game looks decent (original, I haven't played HD).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?   What RE game would you recommend for a first time player? Empty

Back to top Go down

What RE game would you recommend for a first time player?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next