HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?

Go down 
+7
Godzilla90s
TeRoR KiD
Bub537
ThomVD
PAULSAMSON
chocotricks
RaviorStygian
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? Empty
PostSubject: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:18 pm

Let's talk about DC. The second (and probably last) Resident Evil rail shooter, and certainly the best. Just about everything was improved over UC. Better gameplay, better graphics, better music, better voice acting, better writing, better story overall. Possibly more length, too. Just about everything was improved. It's an awesome game and I have many fond memories of it. And, dare I say, it has the best soundtrack of any RE game to date, with RE5 coming close. Everything about this game felt very realized. There's pretty much no major flaws I can think of (aside from the text in the files being a little small, but that may just be my TV).

Somehow, though, this game isn't really talked about all that much. It's a superb game. Shouldn't it be more recognized? It got pretty good reviews too. People seemed to like it. Plus, Leon was acting more of "himself" in that game, which I'm sure made a lot of the RE4 nitpickers happy. Doesn't anybody else agree that it's a great game that should be recognized?
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Well the first time I played it I played it with my friend (all the way through) the second time I played it I played it with my brother...all the way through, I loved it. Now because it's a rail shooter and all I did get bored every now and then but that was only the 2nd time through I got bored at parts...anyway yes overall I love it cause IMO its like watching a movie and the cut scenes are actually some of the best iv seen in a game. The RE2 section of the game the cut scene where Mr.X fell into the lava was BAD ASS....*picks up leon by the head, gets some kind of explosive in the back, gets shot in the eye, bitch slaps ada into the wall....and falls off the platform. The first time I played this Was before I actually played RE2 so I wasnt influenced by it so everything was super epic and I had no idea what to expect and then code veronica was badass (still havent played the actual game yet) bad ass when the tyrant catches the air to ground missile......and it was hilarious when playing cause my friend was doing a voice over like uhhh this is nothing ...oh wait im losing my footing shit shit SHITTT LOL.....and the operation javier was great too.....yes it was good stuff :3
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 pm

I agree with you, it's a great game and it really is underrated. This must be the ONLY wii game that I got when it first came and played it nonstop until I beat it. I don't really understand those complains about the camera, to me it was the best feature of the game
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Maybe, but not as underrated as Code Veronica, which had in my opinion the best RE soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Never played it. I don't care enough to dust off my Wii haha. I did thoroughly enjoy Umbrella Chronicles though and if Darkside Chronicles was an improvement on it in every way than I'm sure I'd love it. I just remember being super perplexed why they excluded RE2 from UC.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:59 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Maybe, but not as underrated as Code Veronica, which had in my opinion the best RE soundtrack.
But Darkside Chronicles has the entire CV soundtrack but upgraded. Razz I'm not sure about every little atmospheric tune, but ever boss battle or melodic theme is in DC.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:28 pm

I'm starting to do a play through of both UC and DC at the moment but only about a third of the way through UC because I was curious about which one was really the better game.

Based on my memory of playing both about a year ago I preferred UC over DC.

DC had better graphics and I liked how it covered more of the rooms from the games but UC was superior in gameplay from what I remembered.

I also don't like how important the handgun becomes in DC. I ran out of ammo for good weapons on the train against evolved Birkin and was able to still beat him with infinite handgun which is just rubbish to me.

It got to a point where I didn't care about upgrading the shotgun, magnum etc because it made more sense to upgrade the handgun.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 8:55 pm

TeRoR KiD wrote:
It got to a point where I didn't care about upgrading the shotgun, magnum etc because it made more sense to upgrade the handgun.
Indeed, the hand gun can get pretty cheap if you upgrade it, but it's still fun upgrading the other weapons.

Also, there's Very Hard mode, which more than makes up for any easiness that comes from the upgraded handgun.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 9:23 pm

yea its underrated. didnt it have like 14,000 sales or something?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 2:29 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
But Darkside Chronicles has the entire CV soundtrack but upgraded. Razz I'm not sure about every little atmospheric tune, but ever boss battle or melodic theme is in DC.

But I like most of the old tracks from both RE2 and CV better.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:53 am

Godzilla90s wrote:
yea its underrated. didnt it have like 14,000 sales or something?
I remember Wikipedia having all the sales number but it seems the Resident Evil page there has been really shortened. First they removed the "monsters" section and now they've removed the "Resident Evil Media" section. Now pretty much everything it has is a huge section for the crappy ass films. No Degeneration, no 4D Executer, just the live action ones. What the hell Wikipedia?

On the actual topic: I think it's just that it's a railshooter. They rarely get any recognition. Even House of the Dead has just a cult following. Too bad, though. The other thing is that games on a Nintendo console, other than Nintendo franchises, get little to no notice nowadays.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Resident4Rising
User BANNED
User BANNED
Resident4Rising

Playstation Network isuckpenises

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:34 am

Hmm yeah, I guess, the Chronicles series was I guess.

I really loved it, I really liked ' Manuela Hidalgo ', the whole story they did with Leon and Jack Krauser was really well down, I liked it very much, I hope another rail shooter Chronicles come out, I guess it would have to be of RE4 and RE5 I guess, I'm not sure how they would do it, but it would be awesome, then they can do the add on, like with Darkside Chronicles with Leon and Krauser, but with someone different they also did it in the first one as well, with Hunk and Ada.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:39 am

Resident4Rising wrote:
I hope another rail shooter Chronicles come out, I guess it would have to be of RE4 and RE5 I guess, I'm not sure how they would do it, but it would be awesome, then they can do the add on, like with Darkside Chronicles with Leon and Krauser, but with someone different they also did it in the first one as well, with Hunk and Ada.
What I'd like to see instead of that is Survivor Chronicles, spanning the Survivor series. As those games are canon, it would only make sense. RE4 & 5 are too new to get a Chronicles game as of now.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:41 am

Yeah, those deserve a remake. No need for RE4 or 5.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:47 am

ThomVD wrote:
Indeed. RE4 and RE5 were too long anyway, and don't really offer too many side-stories, so there would be only one campaign.

Plus, who would be Leon's partner? Louis? they would have to change the story to do that. I really don't see the need for those two games to get rail shooters.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Your partner could be ashley but instead of having any kind of gun pressing the trigger would call out *LEON HELP*
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 4:10 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Indeed. RE4 and RE5 were too long anyway, and don't really offer too many side-stories, so there would be only one campaign.

Plus, who would be Leon's partner? Louis? they would have to change the story to do that. I really don't see the need for those two games to get rail shooters.
Ada would be Leon's partner. Ashley could grow some form of intelligence and handle a gun. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:33 pm

The Knife wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Ada would be Leon's partner. Ashley could grow some form of intelligence and handle a gun. I don't know.
I guess I could see that.

But they would still have to change the story way too much.

Gameplay wise I would love it, but story wise I would find it pretty lame. However the little Luise side missions would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:05 am

Ada wouldn't work as, you know, Seperate Ways.
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 8:31 pm

- Chris and Jill weren't together the whole game on RE1
- Leon and Claire weren't together the whole game on RE2
- Jill and Carlos weren't together the whole game on RE3
- Claire and Steve / Chris weren't together the whole game on RECV

A lot of things that happened in Darkside Chronicles that weren't Canon. Leon and Claire battling Mr X / Birkin in the laboratory's core, Alfreds enhanced Training Facility, The 'Steve' boss battle etc.

The game was still a whole lot of fun.

I see no reason why a Las Plagas Chronicles game with Leon and Ada as the two playable characters in the RE4 scenario couldn't work with some alteration to the Canon story.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 4:58 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
I see no reason why a Las Plagas Chronicles game with Leon and Ada as the two playable characters in the RE4 scenario couldn't work with some alteration to the Canon story.

Plaga Chronicles... That would actually be a good title for the game. Still, I'd like to see Survivor Chronicles first. No need to "remake" RE4&5 to be railshooters. Yet. Maybe in few years, when they're not as new anymore.
Back to top Go down
Resident4Rising
User BANNED
User BANNED
Resident4Rising

Playstation Network isuckpenises

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 5:56 am

TeRoR KiD wrote:
- Chris and Jill weren't together the whole game on RE1
- Leon and Claire weren't together the whole game on RE2
- Jill and Carlos weren't together the whole game on RE3
- Claire and Steve / Chris weren't together the whole game on RECV

A lot of things that happened in Darkside Chronicles that weren't Canon. Leon and Claire battling Mr X / Birkin in the laboratory's core, Alfreds enhanced Training Facility, The 'Steve' boss battle etc.

The game was still a whole lot of fun.

Yeah they weren't together the whole time at all, Capcom could think of something, they only made them together because it's arail shooter and they had to edit things, in UC Nemesis was defested to easy, in Resident Evil 3 you was surviving for your life!
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 8:21 pm

I've been playing DSC again for about the last week now and I've just gotta say that Capcom really messed up by not including more alternate routes. There are so many rooms and alternative routes that could've been exploited in the RE2 & CV scenarios that weren't.

It would've really added more to the longevity of the game.

They could've also used the alternate routes as means to collect keys, emblems etc to further progress in the stage. You have to pick the correct room to enter in an alternate route scenario or else you end up having to battle more enemies before progressing in the level because you haven't got the correct key.

The rail shooter is a pretty old school format and does need more enhancement to remain interesting. I really think capcom could've capitilised on this with a bit more thought and creativity.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah I think it's a bit underrated, but maybe being on the Wii is the reason for that.

I love DSC to pieces.Smile

It's got awesome music, characters, story, improved gameplay, etc. Just not too much exposure or something. I need to go back and play it again.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:52 am

Hopefully the PS3 version is going to fix things on that part.

If it does well, maybe they'll make a new Chronicle. About something like Survivor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?   Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me? Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkside Chronicles: Underrated, or is it me?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next