Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death

Go down 
+2
PAULSAMSON
TeRoR KiD
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death Empty
PostSubject: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 am

I googled it and can't seem to find anything...

I'm thinking it's not the death in UC but guessing it was the yawn and not the neptune in ReMake?

Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:21 am

Haven't played REmake in a while, but I think that in Jill's game Yawn killed him, and in Chris' it was Neptune (if you didn't waste too much time in getting the serum). And I think that they never showed Richard's death in UC
Back to top Go down
TeRoR KiD
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
TeRoR KiD

Location : Standing over Nemesis' dead body with a cocked magnum in the left hand

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:25 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Haven't played REmake in a while, but I think that in Jill's game Yawn killed him, and in Chris' it was Neptune (if you didn't waste too much time in getting the serum). And I think that they never showed Richard's death in UC

I already know all that. Even though the story in UC is cool I know it can't be considered Canon as Jill and Chris coming into the library room after Rebecca and Richard doesn't align with the original or ReMake.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:52 am

I would go with the Yawn death, as it's the only way he can die in the original.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:16 pm

REmake takes priority in the series' canon so what happened in the original doesn't matter much. I prefer to think that how he died in UC is canon. I refuse to believe that canonically, Chris and Jill were separated the whole time and especially that one of them was held in a cell the whole time.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:12 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
REmake takes priority in the series' canon so what happened in the original doesn't matter much. I prefer to think that how he died in UC is canon. I refuse to believe that canonically, Chris and Jill were separated the whole time and especially that one of them was held in a cell the whole time.
It's actually like a mix between all of the interpretations, aside from the original's.

It's a mix of Chris and Jill's story in REmake, along with UC's story. The only reason why UC can't be the only one is because Barry doesn't show up.

Really, they need to make a short film with the cutscenes all put together. I mean this is the start of the story (not counting RE0). There should be a way to get the whole story the way it actually happened.

I mean, for example, if you do Jill's story in REmake, that gives Wesker no real reason to hate Chris in CVX. He would be more angered by Jill, so her story can't be the canon one. However Chris' can't be because Barry was still in the story, but he never shows up if you're playing as Chris. It's just so odd that they didn't make it possible to have the canon playthrough. I don't think any of the other games have this problem.

Actually, if Barry showed up in UC and played the same roll he's supposed to, I think that could pretty much be considered the canon way the story went.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 12:34 pm

I agree. Capcom needs to give us the full account of that night as it actually happened.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:34 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
It's actually like a mix between all of the interpretations, aside from the original's.

It's a mix of Chris and Jill's story in REmake, along with UC's story. The only reason why UC can't be the only one is because Barry doesn't show up.

Really, they need to make a short film with the cutscenes all put together. I mean this is the start of the story (not counting RE0). There should be a way to get the whole story the way it actually happened.

I mean, for example, if you do Jill's story in REmake, that gives Wesker no real reason to hate Chris in CVX. He would be more angered by Jill, so her story can't be the canon one. However Chris' can't be because Barry was still in the story, but he never shows up if you're playing as Chris. It's just so odd that they didn't make it possible to have the canon playthrough. I don't think any of the other games have this problem.

Actually, if Barry showed up in UC and played the same roll he's supposed to, I think that could pretty much be considered the canon way the story went.

I think the same thing applies for Resident Evil 2. I've seen Darkside Chronicles screenshots of Claire and Ada in the same shot and in neither scenarios in RE2 does Claire actually get to meet Ada so I don't think it's canon. Now that you mention it, I don't remember seeing Barry at all in the Umbrella Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:56 am

Like they passed on Barry in that one, didn't they also make Nicholai absent in the RE3 chapters?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Like they passed on Barry in that one, didn't they also make Nicholai absent in the RE3 chapters?

Yeah I don't remember seeing Nicholai either. It was just Jill and Carlos.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:45 pm

That's a major flaw in UC. Absentee characters.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
That's a major flaw in UC. Absentee characters.

If anything, UC was a brief summary of the events of RE0, RE1, and RE3 with the lack of some major supporting characters.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:48 pm

And quite the reimagining of the death of Nemesis. A lame one too.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 12:50 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
And quite the reimagining of the death of Nemesis. A lame one too.

Hell yeah. He didn't even get to morph into his final form.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

They don't even ride the train or go to the clock tower. UC didn't really follow RE3 that well.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

They don't even ride the train or go to the clock tower. UC didn't really follow RE3 that well.

It all strictly took place in the RPD. Which makes no sense seeing as you only make a quick stop there in RE3.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Bub537 wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Bub537 wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

It all strictly took place in the RPD. Which makes no sense seeing as you only make a quick stop there in RE3.
Guess they didn't have any Outbreak locations to use. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death   Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death Empty

Back to top Go down

Richard Aiken's 'Canon' death
Page 1 of 1