Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil: Cold Blood

Go down 
+2
ThomVD
Slippery-Q
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

Playstation Network Steam: Slippery-Q

Resident Evil: Cold Blood Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 2:10 am

After doing some searching on the forums, I didn't find a topic on it. Neither did I find it in the Resident Evil Wikia. Don't know if anyone here has heard of it, so I decided to post a topic about it.

"Running. It feels like it's the only thing you've ever done. Run. Ran. Fled. But who could blame you? It started with the flu, or some sort of strange cold. That shit doesn't matter now. What matters is the fact that zombies, and strange monsters, and god knows WHAT else are out there. Better yet, they're right behind you. Kill them? Fat chance. The only gun you've seen in a good amount of time ran out of ammo hours ago, and that rusty old pipe in your hands doesn't look like any zombie killer you've ever seen. Finally, you see something that looks safe. Its an old Inn, the kind you'd see on the side of the road while driving down an interstate. You seem to have traveled from the city a bit, and the door to the main building is open. As you draw closer, and closer, it shuts! Suddenly, the entire situation seems ten times worse. From all around, zombies are swarming over you..."

Resident Evil: Cold Blood is a multiplayer/singleplayer modification for the game Half-Life 1. Of course, it runs off of HL1, and I believe it uses the Goldsrc game engine. It's only platform is for PC, and is developed by the RE:CB Team. It has been updated since I last played back in '07, but it is a FPS. It captures a lot of mechanics you'd find in any horror game, and I'd say is a pretty difficult game regardless if you're playing on multi or singleplayer. If I remember correctly, it is not based on the story at all. I believe it just uses characters, and creatures from the Resident Evil series. E.g, lickers, tyrant, nemesis, leon, hunk, claire, barry, etc. I recall it's also random maps with some story behind them, and you try to escape alive from the map either alone or with your comrades.

Since I cannot post links or emails, utilize Google to your advantage if curious. You can find the mod for HL1 on ModDB under "Resident Evil: Cold Blood". As for videos and media, I'd refer to YouTube or Google Images, whichever you feel more comfortable using.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:04 am

I've just watched a vid on youtube and it looks good. The hunters are way too easy to kill though.
But I don't have HL1 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 am

Looks good.
But the only mod I want to see finished and brought out for DL is Dark Biohazard.
Back to top Go down
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 pm

I don't know about the hunters being too easy, haven't played in forever. Might REDL it tonight when I get the chance. And yes, the game is very fun from what I can recall. My brother and I would have a blast. And Dark Biohazard? Never heard of it, looks like I have something to look up.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 pm

The guy in the video killed the hunter with 4 pistol shots.
Back to top Go down
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:12 pm

Oh, well then, may just be a tad bit too easy.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm

Slippery-Q wrote:
I don't know about the hunters being too easy, haven't played in forever. Might REDL it tonight when I get the chance. And yes, the game is very fun from what I can recall. My brother and I would have a blast. And Dark Biohazard? Never heard of it, looks like I have something to look up.

You've never ?
Its one of the biggest most wanted Mods for RE2
Basically re-writing RE2 and the whole resident evil storyline ( well it non cannon but its a "what if ? " scenario)
He also models the hidden files from RE1.5 into the mod.
It looked excellent, But the future of the Mod isnt looking good as its not had a update in years Sad
We also have a thread on here about it if you want to check it out, or check
out DB on youtube, the uploader was part of the team he is called "YamiBiohazard "
check the videos out Smile.
Back to top Go down
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:30 pm

Looks pretty interesting, but also difficult. Saw a crap load of zombies and crows in the trailers.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Slippery-Q wrote:
Looks pretty interesting, but also difficult. Saw a crap load of zombies and crows in the trailers.

Try watching the "pandora's box" video thats a RE1 dark remake that would have been joined onto DB as one big story.
That one has crimson heads that run like in 28 days later lol. Now that one looks hard.
Back to top Go down
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Just re-installed Cold Blood not too long ago.
The game is dead, and I just lost. Absolutely no one plays it on multiplayer anymore, quite a shame.

Also, unless you are running Win XP or 98, you're going to have a few problems. It does not work well with Vista or 7 since it's based off of an engine that is so old.
Even after running a fix for 7, I still experienced a few problems. The rain in the game makes you choppy, the flash-light generates choppiness, and it'll crash after 30 - 45 minutes of game play.

If you run Vista or 7 and are still curious to play, here's the fix.

1) Find hl.exe in your Steam Apps folder.
2) Right click on hl.exe, and run it in compatibility mode for Win 98.
3) Start the game.
4) Once you get in-game, select "Create A Game", and select "crimson_mansion" as the map you wish to play.
5) Click "Start Game".

Once the game starts up, you should be able to exit that map, and play on anyone you wish to play on. Unless you have a LAN partner, crimson games are useless as you need two players to play on a crimson game. Also, crimson means you fight your comrade who becomes a crimson head like off of RE1.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:28 am

Checked a few gameplay videos on YouTube. It looks like a mix between Nightmare House 2 (also a HL mod) and Resident Evil Memory (thanks to ace for bringing this game to my attention!).
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 am

I've played Nightmare House before, that game scared the crap 'outta me at some points.
Also, I just checked out RE: Memory on YouTube, and it looks tough as hell. A lot of people say that it's really dark in that game.

ALSO: Just DL'ed Zombie Panic: Source on Steam. So, if anyone has Steam, and that game, hit me up.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:50 am

Snake made an LP of Nightmare House 2.
Back to top Go down
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 am

What's an LP?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:17 am

Back to top Go down
Slippery-Q
Cerberus
Cerberus
Slippery-Q

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:18 am

OOOOHHHH! Those're entertaining to watch, lol. Seeing the player get scared and what not.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 4:21 am

Snake (psychadelicsnake) is the best LPer I know, he's pretty famous.

Here is a link to a thread I made about him.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:21 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Snake (psychadelicsnake) is the best LPer I know, he's pretty famous.

Here is a link to a thread I made about him.

Snake is a awesome commentator, I especially like his no holds bar comedy style of commentating and his way that he
doesnt do it seriosly. I dislike his screaming though, that gets annoying pretty quick lol
Back to top Go down
Tyvrael
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 10:58 am

Slippery-Q wrote:

If you run Vista or 7 and are still curious to play, here's the fix.

1) Find hl.exe in your Steam Apps folder.
2) Right click on hl.exe, and run it in compatibility mode for Win 98.
3) Start the game.
4) Once you get in-game, select "Create A Game", and select "crimson_mansion" as the map you wish to play.
5) Click "Start Game".

Once the game starts up, you should be able to exit that map, and play on anyone you wish to play on. Unless you have a LAN partner, crimson games are useless as you need two players to play on a crimson game. Also, crimson means you fight your comrade who becomes a crimson head like off of RE1.

Do you have the link for you Resident evil cold blood 2 download because, my mod doesn't even start the map, it freezes as parsing. I've even ran as administer which brought on 20 million different unsolvable problems

Rumor is they quit this project (Means no more updates but game is still up, just have to find someone to host a server cus its minimum of 2 players....kool and bad at the same time) which i know about 2 working server, Hamachi 2 is your best friend for this mod cus you will only find people outside your country playing

And im QQ about operation raccon city...id rather pay full 60 for a working copy of resident evil cold blood 2 online
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:59 pm

I just downloaded Cold Blood the other day and it is pretty damn awesome, too bad there are no servers up for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Cold Blood   Resident Evil: Cold Blood Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Cold Blood
Page 1 of 1