HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your conception of "fear" in a video game

Go down 
+11
The Knife
HUNK'syouruncle
AgentZero
Deagle50
RaviorStygian
Las_Fergus
ThomVD
BOBLATHON
NiteKrawler
Mass Distraction
xExcel
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
oooh, found another good one!

It's kind of like a mix of Fatal Frame (Project Zero) and the grudge. Awesomeness!

Never heard of the game. Like you said, it really looks like Fatal Frame.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:24 am

ThomVD wrote:
Neither had I until right now Very Happy Right now I'm watching a playthrough and this one looks really creepy. Wikipedia says it's a survival horror game but hot damn this is just horror Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Neither had I until right now Very Happy Right now I'm watching a playthrough and this one looks really creepy. Wikipedia says it's a survival horror game but hot damn this is just horror Very Happy

If psychadelicsnake has a walkthrough of it (he probably has, because he made a lot of walkthroughs about horror games), I might check it out too Smile . I don't have a wii so I can't play it myself.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:00 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

If psychadelicsnake has a walkthrough of it (he probably has, because he made a lot of walkthroughs about horror games), I might check it out too Smile . I don't have a wii so I can't play it myself.
Who do you think made the playthrough I'm watching? Very Happy I don't have a Wii either so I'm just watching this on video.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 9:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:

Who do you think made the playthrough I'm watching? Very Happy I don't have a Wii either so I'm just watching this on video.

Nice Very Happy . I will check it out soon then.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 2:57 pm

BUMP

I have learned something.

You know those sounds that occur in the soundtrack of almost every SH title? Imagine that those sounds are being made by some horrible creature somewhere in the building or area. How about you completely fool yourself that that creature may attack at some point? There you go. The game is instantly more scary.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

MY conceptions of fear is... Being near a Hunter without my Grenade Launcher.
Back to top Go down
JamTyrantH
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
JamTyrantH

Playstation Network J4m13hh93

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:33 pm

its all about the location for me and in resident evils case the enemies.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

Playstation Network Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:04 pm

To me, one of the scariest Resident Evil games was 3: Nemesis. Mainly because Nemesis being able to follow you from room to room. Like you constantly felt uneasy even if when you weren't even sure if he was around. Everywhere you went just felt extremely tense. Also, what freaked me out was how incredibly fast he was. It was like near-impossible to outrun him you just felt to helpless. That's fear. Also in Resident Evil 2 when you enter the interrogation room with the "magic mirror" like the subtle text just creeped the hell out of me for some reason. And you knew once you unlocked that door on the opposite side of the mirror something bad was bound to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/#!/bubclifton
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 pm

One more thing. The entire music for Resident Evil 2. Most specifically in the police station. It was just an overall more unsettling atmosphere than the mansion from the first game. Especially that infamous "bang" that you hear and are constantly wondering where it came from.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:26 am

Try not to double post. Use the edit button next time.

This is bound to happen with every new guy, isn't it? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 6:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

Except for me Very Happy .

Btw, I'm here for exactly a month now.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 7:23 am

ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I'm not actually sure if I double posted either. I've done it on purpose a couple of times, though Very Happy

500 posts a month. Climbing up the ranks pretty fast, eh?
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:35 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I'm not actually sure if I double posted either. I've done it on purpose a couple of times, though Very Happy

500 posts a month. Climbing up the ranks pretty fast, eh?

I promised that I would reach the top 20 posters, remember?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:40 am

ThomVD wrote:
You sure did. Eight more posts.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
ThomVD wrote:
You sure did. Eight more posts.

Really? Awesome!
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Bub537 wrote:
One more thing. The entire music for Resident Evil 2. Most specifically in the police station. It was just an overall more unsettling atmosphere than the mansion from the first game. Especially that infamous "bang" that you hear and are constantly wondering where it came from.

GO TO RPD LIBRARY.
SHIT BRICKS.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Bub537 wrote:

I appreciate the lack of music in RE1 more.
Back to top Go down
Bub537
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
Bub537

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 8:13 pm

The Knife wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

GO TO RPD LIBRARY.
SHIT BRICKS.

This hahahahahaha. And right after it happens your thinking of ways to avoid having to go down either of the hallways they break through lol.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 am

Bub537 wrote:
The Knife wrote:
Bub537 wrote:

GO TO RPD LIBRARY.
SHIT BRICKS.

This hahahahahaha. And right after it happens your thinking of ways to avoid having to go down either of the hallways they break through lol.

Strangely, the zombies only bust through the wood if you backtrack through that hallway.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 8:01 am

They should totally make a game where Slenderman is the main villain, and stalks you in the same way Alma does in the F.E.A.R. games.

That's pure fear.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 12:50 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
They should totally make a game where Slenderman is the main villain, and stalks you in the same way Alma does in the F.E.A.R. games.

That's pure fear.

Already done. Look up the game series that begins with 5 Days a Stranger, by Ben Croshaw. You will learn fear. I promise you that.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 5:18 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

That's pure fear.

Already done. Look up the game series that begins with 5 Days a Stranger, by Ben Croshaw. You will learn fear. I promise you that.
Good one Nite! In the games he's called the Tall Man, though.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 7:58 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

That's pure fear.

Good one Nite! In the games he's called the Tall Man, though.
Ah, so he IS in it.

Kind of a spoiler but I was kind of expecting him to show up. Like that picture that sometimes has him in it but sometimes doesn't.

I'm on day 5 now.

Okay, I beat it. No Slenderman. Must be in the sequels.

Playing Trilby's Notes now. However the graphics are all messed up and I can only play it with the sucky color resolution. Have to play it in a window! Razz
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 1:19 pm

@Mass: Indeed. I have heard people refer to Slender Man as the Tall Man though. I think it's interchangeable. I always call him Tall Man.

@Ravior: Good! I'm glad you made it through the beginning of 5 Days without quitting. It gets sooooo much better as you go through the series.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your conception of "fear" in a video game   Your conception of "fear" in a video game - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Your conception of "fear" in a video game
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next