Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favorite Hero

Go down 
+3
Mass Distraction
The Joker
Spike991
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Favorite Hero - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:48 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Mortal Kombat has gotten a lot of discussion recently, but it is great.

Sub-Zero
Kung Lao
Johnny Cage
Sonya

Wink

?

I guess I was possibly the only one.Smile

Yeah, but heroes, that's the purpose.

Actually, Nite, have you listed your heroes yet?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:56 pm

I have not. I'm still thinking. I go more for villains. There aren't too many heroes I really remember and like well.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:58 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I have not. I'm still thinking. I go more for villains. There aren't too many heroes I really remember and like well.

I'm sure there's at least a good 5 you can name off the top of your noggin.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:03 pm

I'll sleep on it lol. Wink
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:07 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I'll sleep on it lol. Wink

That's what she said.

Yeah, you'll probably have some odd dreams. You should post them in fact, that's an idea for a good thread, posting one's dreams, and we can go all Frued on them.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:16 pm

Omg. I remember my dreams every night and they get crazy. Like the other night I was transported (Narnia style) to some other world where I had to help fight for the freedom of these people. I had guns and swords. It was soooo fun! Then I took a boat to Heaven. It was crazy. I love my dreams!!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:18 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Omg. I remember my dreams every night and they get crazy. Like the other night I was transported (Narnia style) to some other world where I had to help fight for the freedom of these people. I had guns and swords. It was soooo fun! Then I took a boat to Heaven. It was crazy. I love my dreams!!!

Citizen's, you are free!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, if you don't make it, I'll make the thread.

I can't remember my dreams most of the time, sometimes though...just depends if I start thinking about other things instead of reminiscing on my dream...

I'd like to realize that I'm in a dream, while in the dream.

I'd also like to see Freddy Krueger.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:21 pm

I'll pass on meeting Freddy. Wink Would you also like to have a dream within a dream within a dream? Hahaha. Inception. Realizing you are dreaming is called lucid dreaming. It's only happened to me twice. The second time, I chose to use the chance to fly. Something I've always wanted to be able to do. It was nice. You can train yourself to lucid dream too. If I did, I would hold so many Mortal Kombat tournaments!!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:26 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I'll pass on meeting Freddy. Wink Would you also like to have a dream within a dream within a dream? Hahaha. Inception. Realizing you are dreaming is called lucid dreaming. It's only happened to me twice. The second time, I chose to use the chance to fly. Something I've always wanted to be able to do. It was nice. You can train yourself to lucid dream too. If I did, I would hold so many Mortal Kombat tournaments!!!

I would own in a MK tournament.Smile

In Pyschology, I remember my teacher telling us about how some guy could totally control his dreams, didn't like his life, and spent all of his time dreaming/sleeping.

I hate right when I'm about to fall asleep, definately a stage 2 or 3 REM, and something wakes me up....I could punch a baby.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:31 pm

REM is a stage itself. There are Stages 1-4 and then REM. Typically, you go through about 3 or 4 REM cycles during an 8 hour sleep period. Each cycle gets longer each time and caps off at about 45 minute length times. This makes me wonder how much your psych teacher knows about dreaming. Because of these limited dream times, no one can really get "addicted" to lucid dreaming because it doesn't last long enough, nor is it consistent enough. And when you lucid dream, anyone can control their dreams 100%. Unless you meant he could almost always fall into a lucid dream whenever he wanted to, which takes practice but can happen. Though the time restrictions still apply.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:34 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
REM is a stage itself. There are Stages 1-4 and then REM. Typically, you go through about 3 or 4 REM cycles during an 8 hour sleep period. Each cycle gets longer each time and caps off at about 45 minute length times. This makes me wonder how much your psych teacher knows about dreaming. Because of these limited dream times, no one can really get "addicted" to lucid dreaming because it doesn't last long enough, nor is it consistent enough. And when you lucid dream, anyone can control their dreams 100%. Unless you meant he could almost always fall into a lucid dream whenever he wanted to, which takes practice but can happen. Though the time restrictions still apply.

It's been a couple of years....I don't remember exactly what he said...I'm sure I was daydreaming most of the time anyway.

I remember going over things like that.

We did not however, get to certain disorders, like OCD and whatnot. That's the more interesting stuff, and we probably didn't, because he didn't fit everything into the schedule right....lame.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:41 pm

That is lame. But that stuff doesn't belong in a class with dreaming lol. Was it an intro course? If so, you wouldn't have gotten to indepth about disorders anyway. Take an abnormal psych course for that. What's you favorite disorder? Mine is schizophrenia.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:45 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
That is lame. But that stuff doesn't belong in a class with dreaming lol. Was it an intro course? If so, you wouldn't have gotten to indepth about disorders anyway. Take an abnormal psych course for that. What's you favorite disorder? Mine is schizophrenia.

"What's your favorite form of torture?"

What an odd question.

Perhaps Multiple Personality, just because it seems so fake. I think quite a few are phony anyway.

But I liked Norman Bates & Alfred Ashford, so yeah, that's my pick.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:49 pm

That's a good one, though it is actually called dissociative identity disorder. And many psychologists argue that it is indeed fake. But most sufferers maintain that it is quite real. Hard to tell. Interesting though.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:52 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
That's a good one, though it is actually called dissociative identity disorder. And many psychologists argue that it is indeed fake. But most sufferers maintain that it is quite real. Hard to tell. Interesting though.

I could give other examples too....of something seeming fake.

We should make a thread, by us, I mean you, since you probably have more legit experience with all that, classes to your credit and all.

I just have a big imagination....I could probably compare it to William Peterson's character in Manhunter, how he could get in the mindset of someone else, in his case to catch a serial killer.

And when I think about things like that....some of them just seem really fake.....I don't know if I could totally articulate it all into intelligable words....but that's one way to describe it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Many cannot be argued as being fake though.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:55 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Many cannot be argued as being fake though.

I know. You want to start a thread or just continue here? You want to give any examples? Perhaps another time, it's late. I'm actually suprised that you were on. Delightfully suprised.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Yeah go ahead and start a thread, but for now, I'm going to bed. Smile I would stay on, but I woke up at 8 this morning and worked a 12 hour shift from 9am to 9pm so I'm beat. And now it is 2am the next day lol. So I will reply tomorrow! Goodnight!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 12:00 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah go ahead and start a thread, but for now, I'm going to bed. Smile I would stay on, but I woke up at 8 this morning and worked a 12 hour shift from 9am to 9pm so I'm beat. And now it is 2am the next day lol. So I will reply tomorrow! Goodnight!

Goodnite.(I did that on purpose).

I'll probably be off soon too. I'll probably be able to get back on tomorrow too. Later.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 4:46 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Mortal Kombat has gotten a lot of discussion recently, but it is great.

Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Reptile
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn
Lui Kang
Kung Lao
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Kano

Wink

I wouldn't count Scorpion as a legit bad guy. I think of him more like an anti-hero, as he's loyal only to himself. Mostly trying to avenge his clan.

Those others were total villains though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:31 pm

Scorpion aligns himself with Quan Chi, which makes him work mainly for the bad side. The reason for it is because of how he was wronged, but it still makes him villainous.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:39 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Scorpion aligns himself with Quan Chi, which makes him work mainly for the bad side. The reason for it is because of how he was wronged, but it still makes him villainous.
I would still say it makes him an anti-hero. But that's just how I see things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 1:42 pm

He's more in a grey area. But yeah, the others are definitely villains lol.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptySun May 08, 2011 9:24 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
He's more in a grey area. But yeah, the others are definitely villains lol.

Kind of like a Vegeta or Kain.

With somebody like Kain, he is the protagonist, so it is easier to say, but with something like MK, if they are in the grey area, it isn't as easy as, protagonist or antagonist.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:03 pm

I like the Powerpuff Girls...

I don't want to start naming the obvious cause you can just look at my avatar and make a guess who some of my favorite heroes are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Hero   Favorite Hero - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Hero
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next