HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....

Go down 
+4
Reede1991
chocotricks
weskersbarber
K-Mart
8 posters
AuthorMessage
K-Mart
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
K-Mart

The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... Empty
PostSubject: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 pm

So after watching all the RE movies this week (yeah I have a obsession) I've noticed some interesting things. The first RE movie (other then being completely awesome and scary) is really just a very loose adaptation of the first RE game. Alice (Jill) and Matt (Chris) try to escape from a zombie infested lab (Mansion) and then they are double crossed by Spencer (Barry/Wesker) who later dies when he thinks he gets away with it all. Also, Capcom seemed to like this movie to or at least some of the scenes from the movie because they added a lot of them to the actually video game series. I could list all the things that are similar or you could play the Umbrella Chronicles because that's where they added all the movie stuff. 

Btw, in the movies Alice's name is actually Janus Prospero. Random Fact lol
The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... 8af969d6
Back to top Go down
http://www.vgboxart.com/author/silentman101/
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Not at all, the films and games are only similar in name, and a few characters. BTW nite wont be happy reading this lol
Back to top Go down
K-Mart
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
K-Mart

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:48 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Not at all, the films and games are only similar in name, and a few characters. BTW nite wont be happy reading this lol

I know :p but there are lots if similarities between them now that the game are more action oriented. But I think people hate on the movies because of super-powered Alice. But people gotta remember there are always super-powered villains in the RE franchise (Wesker, Duvall, Alexia, Marcus) just to name a few. Now I'm not a fan boy of the movies by any means (Extinction makes me cring and the way Carlos was portrayed in both movies made me cry) But when I watch the movies I'm constantly comparing the games and movies and I find a lot of similarities or maybe I'm just crazy lol
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Lol, what, when I watch the movies I try not to mix in the games because it starts to annoy me at the differences. :3
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:30 am

not to nitpick, because i think you are completely wrong anyway... but janus prospero, isnt that a literal translation for "duel prosperity" or "duel fortune" in latin?

anyway, i really did not hate the first movie all that much. i could look at it as just another movie about zombies. its the sequels that they start to really fuck things up story-wise. the silent hill movie mashed everything together, the resident evil movies just... they just fucked it all up. i compare it to a version of the bible where jesus rides dinosaurs into berlin to kill hitler.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 am

Nice finds K-Mart, didn't even think about those! As for "janus prospero", I'm with Reede.

The first movie was greatness and I remember how hyped about it I was. Like Reede said, the later movies were the ones that fucked up and kept going to a completely wrong direction. Thank God for the CG movies.

Now tell me... Where can I find this version of the bible?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
K-Mart
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
K-Mart

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 am

Janus Prospero is confirmed to be her name and that Alice is just a nickname her family and friends call her. I mean it says "janus prospero re-activated"... I dunno it just makes sense lol And yeah the sequels did mess everything up, it would have been totally possible to stick to the games and just have Alice be there, but that was not the case lol. Though Afterlife is my personal favorite then the First one!

Also, I don't get what is so awesome about the CG movie. Yeah it fits into the game canon but it just wasn't that action pack or interesting heck, it wasn't even scary!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:51 am

K-Mart wrote:
Also, I don't get what is so awesome about the CG movie. Yeah it fits into the game canon but it just wasn't that action pack or interesting heck, it wasn't even scary!

Scary? Neither are the live action ones. And what is it with everything needing to be action packed? Degeneration and 4D-Executer had enough action to keep me entertained. Another thing is that the characters in Degeneration were portrayed true to their game appearances, the story was interesting, they had actual zombies again and Leon met Claire first time in years. The movie being canon only makes it even greater.
Back to top Go down
K-Mart
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
K-Mart

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
K-Mart wrote:

Scary? Neither are the live action ones. And what is it with everything needing to be action packed? Degeneration and 4D-Executer had enough action to keep me entertained. Another thing is that the characters in Degeneration were portrayed true to their game appearances, the story was interesting, they had actual zombies again and Leon met Claire first time in years. The movie being canon only makes it even greater.

The first RE movie WAS scary. It had the right atmosphere and everything. The movies that followed were not scary at all. And I didn't think it needed to be action packed I just wanted more zombies and there werent enough. I also can't stand Leon, sure he's cool but I don't get why people are like obsessed with him. I was happy to see Claire though!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 11:02 am

K-Mart wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
K-Mart wrote:

The first RE movie WAS scary. It had the right atmosphere and everything. The movies that followed were not scary at all. And I didn't think it needed to be action packed I just wanted more zombies and there werent enough. I also can't stand Leon, sure he's cool but I don't get why people are like obsessed with him. I was happy to see Claire though!
Yeah, I meant the sequels (I never count the first movie in anyway Razz). I like Leon, he's one of my favorite characters. Well, in my top ten anyway. Not obsessed though in anyway, obsessions are creepy.
Back to top Go down
Methsia
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
Methsia

Steam : Mez

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:08 pm

I like all the Resident Evil movies. I khnow they don't relate much to the game but as a fan
I just love it. Not saying that anyone who's a fan HAVE to like the movies but, I like it all.

The first movie was scary actually. I did have some tantrums over how it didn't relate
to the games but I was proud of the umbrella logos. You know, I think they were
what kept me sane through these movies.

Don't you just love it when you say to your friends 'Oh I can make a better Resi than that, dur dur dur'

Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 8:47 pm

K-Mart wrote:

Go play CoD and Gears and let us grown ups enjoy good media. You know...the kind with a good story.
Back to top Go down
K-Mart
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
K-Mart

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:33 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
K-Mart wrote:

Go play CoD and Gears and let us grown ups enjoy good media. You know...the kind with a good story.

... I don't like CoD OR Gears, because ya know they have no story. I love video games with a good Storyline. And what I ment with "action packed" for Degeneration was just more zombies and more scares, you can still add that and have a good plot.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:54 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:

Ugh . . . CoD. One of the things turning most "gamers" into close minded jerks.

As for the movies, I would enjoy them immensely if they weren't called "Resident Evil." Sure, that would mean the beautiful Wesker cutscene in Afterlife wouldn't exist, but I could do without.

I actually wouldn't want to see live action movies that follow the games. Keep it CG. I would rather see a RE2 movie with the cutscene quality of Darkside Chronicles than see a live action one. With CG, you can keep the characters looking the way they should AND keep the regular voices. There's just no reason to make live-action RE movies based of the games. It's too easy to mess up. Besides, most video game movies are crap anyway. But the animated ones are always a lot better.
Back to top Go down
K-Mart
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
K-Mart

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 pm

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Allusions_between_the_games_and_movies

Smile

Oh and right now I'm watching Degeneration and the whole beginning up to the part where they get out of the airport TOTALLY reminded me of the first RE movie. Examples are when Angela tells the woman zombie to stop or she will shoot and she shot her in the leg, JD did the same exact thing in the RE movie. Also, when Angela sees her partner gets bit just like Rain sees JD get bit. I dunno there is a ton more lol
Back to top Go down
Reede1991
Zombie
Zombie
Reede1991

Playstation Network powerbar15

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 5:22 pm

man... watch literally ANY zombie movie and you will see similarities. for gods sakes, in most of the jason movies they yell stop like 5 times and then shoot him in the leg only to be totally freaked out that it doesnt affect him. those are very vague connections. every monster movie has people get pulled into the dark to find their mutilated body later, every disney movie has a very sad moment, every sports movie has the team beating the odds. its a stock scene. a filler tactic. without them it would be like making...hmm... a monster movie that shows the monster constantly. it just isnt scary and feels cheap or weird. ya know?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 5:36 am

My thoughts exactly, Reede. I think there was a scene like that in the earlier games, too.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:27 pm

I found Jeepers Creeper 2 to be very enjoyable because they showed the monster so much. I thought they did it well.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:38 pm

'twas a good movie. Not yet seen the third one though.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:40 pm

There's a third one? Didn't know it was out yet.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Oh, wait, sorry... It's going to get released this year though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....   The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really.... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Live-Action RE movies and the games go hand in hand really....
Page 1 of 1